Prove there's a god.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#643187 Jul 20, 2013
karl44 wrote:
I just love it when Christians call Jesus a liar.
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
Tell us more about Christian love.
<quoted text>
so the bible does not mean what it says, what is written
but
means what you prefer
now there is a book of truth
LOL
It means it wasn't written like a turn by turn map. I understand what a challenge it must be for you to figure out the meanings when your attitude is to go to websites and copy stuff that is suppose to prove this and that. If I read the Bible with that kind of hate, I too might be confused.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643188 Jul 20, 2013
RetardoFire wrote:
Only in your mind, but I know with me and from other believers in God, you do nothing but increase our faith in the Bible and God. Thanks for that, keep that going.
In other words, you're a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to accept the irrefutable historical fact that organized religion is a cruel hoax created to control feeble-minded and weak-willed cretins like you.

Brainwashed godbots like you are a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race. You should neither vote nor procreate, kid.

Sacramento, CA

#643189 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Universe has always existed, time was created when the Universe rearranged itself via a phase transition about 13.5 billion years ago. From the very first few moments after what we call 'the big bang' the possibility for human life as we know it to arise in biospheres that form on planets, existed.
Since you are not participating in what the Universe is doing you can not possibly know this. It would require you to listen to the higher parts of your mind and stop listening to all the mechanical automatic nonsense that flows through your mind and that you call your "thoughts".
the universe (all matter/energy) cannot have always existed (been eternal) because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics. The universe must have had a beginning and such a beginning needs a sufficient cause that is non-material (in order to be self-existing/eternal).

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#643190 Jul 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is the tribe. There is more to a tribe than just DNA, it is also a common thought. Christianity also did this extension. The difference between the two is you pray toward Mecca in Islam, and inward and upward in Christianity.
There are loads of different cultures all over the world who call themselves Muslims. You are just redefining the word tribe so you can call Islam a tribe.

And we only pray towards Mecca as a symbol of unity and oneness of God.

“Listen to the sounds”

of your own extinction......

#643191 Jul 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So what so we do now that Islam has become the most corrupted of all?
Well the prophecy is that Islam will eventually become corrupted as well. To an extent it is corrupted today. Many muslims believe a lot of things that have no root in Islamic history.

Sacramento, CA

#643192 Jul 20, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you're a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to accept the irrefutable historical fact that organized religion is a cruel hoax created to control feeble-minded and weak-willed cretins like you.
Brainwashed godbots like you are a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race. You should neither vote nor procreate, kid.
It would have to be such a great hoax to fool so many people and included historians and archeologist. I don't have your kind of faith. The cruel hoax on you then is that people in your bloodline believed in a greater power and decided to have children. Would they if they knew it would create you?
harpokrates

Middlesboro, KY

#643193 Jul 20, 2013
King David - Era Palace Found in Israel,

http://www.livescience.com/38318-king-david-p...
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643194 Jul 20, 2013
RetardoFire wrote:
Would they if they knew it would create you?
The real question is, "Would the terrestrial founders of organized religion have created this abomination to gain power over gullible fools if they knew our planet would someday be infested with retarded and revolting godbots like you, punk?".

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#643195 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
God has failed you once again, leaving you to guess. How pathetic. How are you ever going to gain new recruits with guessing?
lol! You really are a strange fellow.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643196 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you believe in animals smited into snakes, global floods and pilkars of fire from the sky because your horse didn't die?
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

O_o

???

How the hell did you put those together?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643197 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your deity's will seem awfully close these days to what is physically possible. Yet in the OT, its will seemed to be to do a lot more supernatural stuff.
Fancy that, eh?
Jesus changed everything, my man.

The veil was torn thanks to Him.
harpokrates

Middlesboro, KY

#643198 Jul 20, 2013
muon neutrinos transform into electron neutrinos

http://news.yahoo.com/physicists-unveil-resul...

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#643199 Jul 20, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There are loads of different cultures all over the world who call themselves Muslims. You are just redefining the word tribe so you can call Islam a tribe.
And we only pray towards Mecca as a symbol of unity and oneness of God.
Uh huh.

Tribe.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tri...

Mecca is an idol.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ido...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#643200 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, some random characters inserted themselves in the link. Here:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
If it doesn't work again, just search google for "bible gateway 1 corinthians 7 ASV."
Also, I thought the KJV was evil? Now you are using it when it suits your purposes? Or is it only RR who hates it, and you're fine with it?
It's the most commonly known version. I think one that was written at an earlier date would have a better translation than a more modern one that might be skewed by a particular sect or agenda.

I never said whether any one translation was evil or not.

Location hidden

#643201 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If my money said "in hogwarts we trust," I'd be yapping about that.
Also, I enjoy mindless banter.
Why should anybody give a fk what it says on it as long as you can get merchandise in exchange for it?

Location hidden

#643202 Jul 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> if you didn't have the Bible, then you wouldn't have a damned truth in you. Would you?
It appears it is the basis of your exisence.
Hey, Rev, you are just another human that got your mind fired up by spirituality trying to find the right path.
Otherwise you wouldn't be here boring us all with the same old stuff. Come up with something new.
If there is any truth in the Bible, and I have found some, it is so distorted by intentional evil doers who are the equivalent of today's Con-Artists who stand at the front of modern day fundie churches that it is rendered useless.

Truth in the Bible is the exception not the rule. The Bible contains more then enough problems to disqualify it as any kind of reliable source of information.

Everything I am posting here is new to the biblically ignorant pew warmers. So go make new rules for someone who will listen to your nonsense.

In the fifth chapter of Romans Paul created a concept--Original Sin--that is crucial to Christianity. He alleged humanity is under a curse because of Adam's failings in the Garden of Eden. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned (Rom. 5:12)." "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive (1 Cor. 15:22)." (Also note Rom. 5:17-19). Yet, despite Paul's assertions it's difficult to see how the condemnations pronounced upon Adam, Eve, and the Serpent in the third chapter of Genesis (Gen. 3:14-19) condemned all mankind to eternal punishment. Paul's interpretation is just not warranted by the narrative. Gen. 3:14, for example, says:"And the Lord God said unto the serpent,'Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life'". Clearly this bestows no curse upon Adam and doesn't materially affect the serpent. How did the serpent move before, if not upon its belly? It's difficult to imagine a serpent walking upright or finding one that eats dust. Even if he had walked on legs, the alteration is not germane to the issue. It is the curse on Adam that matters.
Gen. 3:15 (NIV) says: "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers (her seed- KJV, RSV); he will crush your head and you will strike his heel." These curses sound ominous but are of little consequence for several reasons. In the first place, the serpent, i.e., the Devil, didn't have offspring. According to Christianity the battle between good and evil is between the Devil and all others. Nothing is said about the Devil's children. Secondly, if "the woman" refers to Eve, then her offspring could refer to any person who lived. By what rationale can Paul say this verse is referring to one specific individual, Jesus, who lived hundred of years later in another part of the world? Her seed (RSV) must be referring to one person. If not, if it is referring to all of Eve's descendants, then to whom does "he" refer? Thirdly, the waters are muddied even further by the fact that the KJV and the RSV say "her seed" and seed is always plural in the Old Testament. It's never used to refer to a single individual, such as Jesus. And lastly, the "he" couldn't be Jesus, as Paul contends, because Jesus never crushed the head of Satan. If he had, then how could there still be "sinners" and how could the Serpent still be doing injury? Romans 16:20, which says: "And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly" and 1 Thess. 2:18, which says: "Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us" show that even after the death of Jesus, Satan still lived and exercised control over people. The best Christians can do with this problem is allege Jesus will destroy Satan when Christ returns. Assuming his return, however, is pure speculation, relying on hope and a promise.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643203 Jul 20, 2013
harpokrates wrote:
muon neutrinos transform into electron neutrinos

http://news.yahoo.com/physicists-unveil-resul...
Thanks for posting a link to this interesting article.

Location hidden

#643204 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The verse you posted is only slightly less repugnant anyway. It implies male ownership of women,("his virgin"), and it says that a man may do what he will with a virgin so long as she has had her period. So, if you want to rape "your" virgin, it's cool so long as she's had her period and you marry her afterwards.
You think laws regarding men's rights *over* women were any better in any other country that existed at that time? REALLY?!!! Get over it.

Location hidden

#643205 Jul 20, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents never talked about jesus. In fact, up until maybe five or six years old, I thought jesus christ was just a cuss word :)
I still see it as being a cuss word. LOL. What does his middle initial "H" stand for? Jesus H Christ? Any ideas?

Location hidden

#643206 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Can she get a deal for 10 minutes?
And no refunds for minutes not used. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Bongo 37,097
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,786
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 4 hr oneear69 11
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web