“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#642649 Jul 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
If I do, it is a belief that doesn't include this world.

...and yet you believe the Bible as "truth".
You sort of contradict your own belief.
What exactly is your belief? Native?

And no, how do you assume i have contradicted my belief? Because i cant define God, and give it to you in "detail"?
I agree. I do disagree the term "Almighty" is applicable, because "His Almightiness" seems to have allowed this world to be in shambles. Now, don't take this as "it's men doing this to our world" - because that is BS, as you have just limited your "Almighty" god.
What kind of straw man are trying to create?? So you are one of those who feel God should intervene and stop all this evil, and bad things happening to man kind?
Ah yes - this old story is still alive. Only a certain few select men, who just happened to be literate, managed to be able to see and hear "God". Then "He" STOPPED!! No more inspired writers of his word. Do you think the Apostle Thomas was inspired?
Dont ALL books have a beginning and an End? What more is there to tell, other then the Birth, death and resurrection of Jesus, and what will become of this world upon his return? Jesus was "giving" all power and judgment by God, when he was borned. Christ was the messiah, who instructed his followers and reveald all that was needed for them and us. Why would they be a need for "more" inspired writings? Well, Thomas's writings never made it in the Bible i read, 66 books. According to the Bible he was a follower of Christ, so yes i would say his writings was inspired. Although i have not read any of them.
Strike one on ya - I'm not an Atheist - which makes me different.
- in addition, I'm a member of the so-called "Church", so in essence, what you care to say to me, I am already saved by the loving graces of Jesus and what his teachings have provided for me.
Strike two - I don't bullshit. As you can tell how I post - I'm actually pretty direct and to the point.
Hmmm, well then why all the skeptisim, and 21 questions about the Bible then?
"some how gives you the authority to claim you know what you are talking about, and what you say is truth???"
- since I've said this in the past - in which you are new to the forum - I'll say it again for you, "I'm honest enough to admit that I won't know what the supposed 'truth' is, except and only when I die." Can you admit this? You do seem to express some honesty, so I am sure that this wouldn't be that hard for you to express either, huh?
I can honestly say, i believe with my whole heart that my God is real,,and his promises along with it.. I dont only have a God i can live by, but i have one i can die by. I will leave this world believing Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
...and yet you don't accept these teachings by Jesus because they only mention Judas handing over Jesus and not resurrection.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
or this one:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
I take it you are not one to believe in Jesus fully, huh?
Huh? You lost me there....?
I know a lot about your religious beliefs, based upon what you post.....and that is about it. Now I also know a little bit about you, based upon your responses to me in the above post.
To say I know nothing of you, would be a lie. To say I know very little is more truthful, and very telling.
How did you say it? Oh yeah....
"spare me the BS."
Thanks for responding.
Whatever,, your assumptions and projections, say alot about you!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#642650 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
never such a thing as a reasonable redneck!
(ode to harry)
Yes, that's the first I've heard if him, probably why I was so enthralled by the story.
While in the mood, ya might investigate a man named Epicurus as well.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#642651 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I remember having to sit through a training session on the stuff (trike). It may have been used in the gas turbines' water-injection systems... but, don't take my word for it.
<quoted text>
I'd say you could be correct... were it not for the fact that most every conceivable culprit had been swapped out... the PDC, ECU, starter, solenoid... you name it. All except for the wiring harness(es).
Traded that Jeep for another new one... almost had a new one anyway, sorta.
When I said it wouldn't start, it was to say that it wouldn't even turn over... just to clarify.
Doesn't matter. It's someone else's problem now. <<< That being a somewhat funny story in itself (briefly met the dude, almost).
<quoted text>
It is less expensive than SG.
Transmission switch?

Connectors on the harness corrode when wet, too.

My starter did the same thing, and it was just the starter. Wouldn't even click. Battery was fine. Putting a boost on, or playing with the ignition switch a bit always got it started. Didn't drive much, so let it go on for a year. Then I made myself change it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642652 Jul 18, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
snipped for space
4) This isn't the prohibition era...but if cigarettes were prohibited and I was incarcerated for smoking...no...it would not be inhumane...I would be serving time for committing a crime. Choosing to smoke cigarettes was simply stupid on my part, but it wasn't against the law. The fact that people choose substances that are unlawful, does entail punishment if caught. That isn't some wacked out idea I came up with on my own...when you break the law...and get caught, you should be punished. I'm not saying we should lock someone up and throw away the key for smoking a little weed...but they should incur some type of punishment because it's against the law. Honestly, I'm all for legalizing marijuana...but currently...it isn't legal...so we have to abide by the laws till they change. It's that simple.
Starting with 4 first cause of how ridiculous you're being:

You have what's called a "law and order" mentality/morality system. You only think about the law itself and not whether the law is right. It is *absurd* for you to say that it would be humane for you to be locked up for smoking cigarettes, but I guess you have to to continue justifying the drug war to yourself. Or maybe that's really how you think. We have a moral obligation to disobey, ignore, or fight laws that are inhumane. Drug prohibition is inhumane, wasteful, and stupid. It wastes lives and money. If they suddenly outlawed caffeine or certain books, would you say that we should just follow the law since it's the law? The law is only valid if it is just.

1) That wasn't a pun. You clearly do not know what harm reduction is. At least you didn't.

2) Please, please don't make me repeat this: It *does not matter* how many abusers go to rehab, that is not at all relevant to the calculation that was made. Again, rehab in general reduces the overall cost of drug abuse to society. The study did not take into account relapse rates or the overall ratio of abusers to quitters - these factors are irrelevant - it simply found that, after all the numbers are tallied, rehab saves 3 dollars for every dollar spent. This does not mean that rehab offsets the costs of drugs on society completely, it means that rehab is a good financial investment, and that we get more out of it than we put in. So, again, if we spend 100 dollars rehabilitating people, we go on to save 300 dollars in medical costs, accidents, etc. This is easy to understand.

3) Why is "the next choice to incarcerate?" You advocate that we stop trying rehab with addicts, which does have some success, is cheaper, and saves society money, in favor of a system that does not reduce drug use, is expensive, and wastes billions of dollars. Please explain that logic.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#642653 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Man with a ferret in?
In what!?!?
BTW...
How's the noggin?
Laffin.
Well, how do you get rid of vermin?
Wi' a predator...

And I'm gonna have a scar, but just a teeny one.
All gooder now.

Apart from this sudden tendency to drive too fast and talk back to the police.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642654 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither.
Yep. You do understand that if you believe there is a possibility that your god inspired mohammed, you should seriously looking into converting to islam. But you won't, because you are lying

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#642655 Jul 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Hukt!!!:)
Con gusto!

Location hidden

#642656 Jul 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have some very special peppers.
When they bring them to California, people line up for blocks, they empty the burlap sacks and roast them in metal thingies that go around and around.
It's said there are no peppers anywhere near those.
Roasted chile peppers. They do vary in potency per year. Taste before you buy. Hatch chile is the benchmark for chile.

You can get the green chile in supermarkets frozen. WalMart will probably have them. Some are pretty decent. I like green much more than red.

The Borderland of Sol

#642657 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember those giant copy machines.
Why did they make you leave?!
Oh, they didn't. Just the machines went away.

That was when the dratted things were about the size of a king-sized bed.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#642658 Jul 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Lol!!!!
"That's all I got!"

Location hidden

#642660 Jul 18, 2013
If you ever go to New Mexico and eat green chile sauce, you can run into an extremely wide variation in hot, and taste. You can run into some that will put you in respiratory arrest in short order.

Don't dig in. Give it a taste and wait a minute or two. Some are slow acting.

Water will not save you. Always have sour cream or avocado on the side. Those take the bite out of it.

Nowhere else in the world can they fix green chile sauce like in New Mexico. It isn't the thin stuff you get outside of there. Even Colorado can't fix it right.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#642661 Jul 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Transmission switch?
Connectors on the harness corrode when wet, too.
My starter did the same thing, and it was just the starter. Wouldn't even click. Battery was fine. Putting a boost on, or playing with the ignition switch a bit always got it started. Didn't drive much, so let it go on for a year. Then I made myself change it.
I really have no idea.

It's understand where you're coming from >>> sh!t like that happens.

Purple Power accelerates/exacerbates the process... a lot.

Thus, my suspicions.

Hukt misses Jeeps, though... all except for what we're discussing.

That and 14MPG.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#642662 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer, you're just to stupid and bias to understand.
You said "If God can't lie, how can he create a being that can lie?"
Derp.
I responded with "If you can't tell time, how can you create a clock?"
Derp again.
If it isn't within the god's make-up (I'll call it DNA), how can it produce something it doesn't possess? Would you like to submit an adult response, or are you just going to produce another red herring and childish insult?

Location hidden

#642663 Jul 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, they didn't. Just the machines went away.
That was when the dratted things were about the size of a king-sized bed.
I had one of those old Royal Bond copiers that I could never get to work reliably. The frame made for a neat rolling reloading bench. Solid as a rock. Even used a Pacific Big Max on it.

The Borderland of Sol

#642664 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that phrase ring a bell with me?(three-particle conundrum)
We're not talking scalar interactions are we?
Hope not.
My head'll explode.
<quoted text>
You're welcome, sir.
Proton/proton, and eventually iron.

With fusion, that is a bitch.

The Borderland of Sol

#642665 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Two.
Hehe.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#642666 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It all DOES mean something, timmy...
Do atheists decide that the Bible is NOT the work of God and dive right into the decision that it all means nothing?
Actually, I think the christ character has some pretty sound philosophies. I just have never met anyone who claims to follow those philosophies actually put it into action, unless it's something easy, like giving spare change to feed the poor.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#642668 Jul 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Proton/proton, and eventually iron.
With fusion, that is a bitch.
Oh... Okay.

That's it.

<head implodes>

The Borderland of Sol

#642669 Jul 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaners.... Beaners.....
Don't look at me.
My country was occupied byu foreigners for about 800 years.

Conqured? Never.

The Borderland of Sol

#642670 Jul 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I had one of those old Royal Bond copiers that I could never get to work reliably. The frame made for a neat rolling reloading bench. Solid as a rock. Even used a Pacific Big Max on it.
I still like Dillon presses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Oxbow 545,099
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min waaasssuuup 601,430
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Lyndi 174,203
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min Tim Osman 118,294
Is it time for Muslim Internment Camps? 20 min Kid_Tomorrow 14
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 24 min Doctor REALITY 25
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Catcher1 228,577
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 260,199
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Hot Top 2020 979

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE