Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#643047 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a command to put oneself in harm’s way.
To intentionally to hurt yourself and expect God’s protection is contrary to what Jesus taught. Matthew 4:7,“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”
Tell that to the snake handles.

Location hidden

#643049 Jul 20, 2013
stupid atheist wrote:
If the world is millions of years old, according to some that is.
Then why is it only the year of 2013?
haha
No way.

Location hidden

#643050 Jul 20, 2013
Truth signed in, I think if we are going to continue this conversation, perhaps we should take it to a more appropriate thread. We've been posting far off topic for a while now, so it's probably best that we go to a thread where this discussion will be more relevant instead of continuing to clog up this thread.

If you would rather not move and choose to respond to me here, then I guess I'll have to simply continue to pwnify you.

Location hidden

#643051 Jul 20, 2013
Also, truth, I wasn't "assuming" that you support the drug war. You do. Just because you haven't said "I support the drug war" doesn't mean you don't.

You support every significant and problem causing policy of the drug war: illegality of drugs; arrest/incarceration for drug possession; paramilitary style engagements against nonviolent citizens; harsh, completely disproportionate punishments for drug possession or trade; and a focus on incarceration to the detriment of more effective policies such as harm reduction.

Additionally, you refuse to accept modern science on the issue of drug addiction and insist on demonizing addicts, and you remain willfully ignorant of the myriad negative consequences of prohibition (violence, theft, increased stigma, cost, innocent lives lost to overzealous cops and dealers, etc). Your support of drug war specific policies and your refusal to condemn its most egregious human rights violations is tantamount to full fledged support.

In short, you are being a pedant by acting as if you don't support it.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#643052 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the snake handles.
I have heard of "love handles". I do not want to see what "snake handles" look like

#643053 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Truth signed in, I think if we are going to continue this conversation, perhaps we should take it to a more appropriate thread. We've been posting far off topic for a while now, so it's probably best that we go to a thread where this discussion will be more relevant instead of continuing to clog up this thread.
If you would rather not move and choose to respond to me here, then I guess I'll have to simply continue to pwnify you.
Double Fine fails to recall even once where he posted on topic here.

#643054 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a command to put oneself in harm’s way.
To intentionally to hurt yourself and expect God’s protection is contrary to what Jesus taught. Matthew 4:7,“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”
Of course thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God, because the Lord thy God is not going to do much a job saving thou.

Why is this?

Either the deity is
1) unwilling to help his worshippers, or
2) imaginery

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#643056 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God, because the Lord thy God is not going to do much a job saving thou.
Why is this?
Either the deity is
1) unwilling to help his worshippers, or
2) imaginery
River Tam says imaginery means imaginary.

River Tam has Double Fine's back

:-)

#643057 Jul 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River Tam says imaginery means imaginary.
River Tam has Double Fine's back
:-)
Indeed, River Tam is right.

River Tam has long been an ally to the omnipotent Double Fine

(disclaimer: omnipotence is NOT affected by a mere typo, therefore Double Fine still claims being omnipotent, unless the converse is proved)

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#643058 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws have not become invalid, they just aren't valid to everyone. Like I've said, Leviticus was specifically written for the Levites.
Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it."
"Until John". This meant that only the Jews were allowed and required to follow God's laws. After Jesus, everyone could.
how convenient...

makes one wonder why he doesn't insert a caveat..."this is just for the levites in the house" LMAO

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#643059 Jul 20, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
how convenient...
makes one wonder why he doesn't insert a caveat..."this is just for the levites in the house" LMAO
I called Orkin.

http://signup.orkin.com/orkin/res/fun-cincinn... |pcrid|28798375710|pkw|orkin|p mt|e

There are no Levites in MY house.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#643060 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd ever read a book, you'd know that bats weren't classified as mammals until the 18th century when Linnaeus made his taxonomy. Well over 100 years after the Bible was translated into English.
But I'm sure you already knew that.
Well, at least a human did figure it out and correctly make the distinction.

I bet your deity is wishing that guy was around all those years ago to help in avoiding such a blunder.

<the Adam!> "What to you think of the name I gave this bird, god?... I'm calling it a BAT."

<the Deity> "That sounds like a good name for that bird, Adam. Remember, I made them, you name them."

<the Adam> " Then bat it is."

<the Deity> "So be it."

<the Adam> "I sure do wish I could find me a helpmate among all of these animals, this is a really big job..."

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#643061 Jul 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet your deity is wishing that guy was around all those years ago to help in avoiding such a blunder.
<the Adam!> "What to you think of the name I gave this bird, god?... I'm calling it a BAT."
<the Deity> "That sounds like a good name for that bird, Adam. Remember, I made them, you name them."
<the Deity> "So be it."
<the Adam> "I sure do wish I could find me a helpmate among all of these animals, this is a really big job..."
<teh Adam> "The bat has too little hips. Can you make something bigger?"

<teh Deity> "Sure"

<teh Adam> "The Hippopotamus was too big. I think it broke my rib"

<teh Deity> "hmmmmm...that gives me an idea. Sleep for awhile"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#643062 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody was wrong. They also thought whaled were fish.

Oddly, your supposed deity did not know any better.

Why do you think that is?
Because the people who made him up didn't know any better?

Waddya think, RR?

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#643064 Jul 20, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's truly strange that you post definitively wrong statements in coming to unjustifiable positions then never have the guts to admit your wrong. You're a moron with a humongous ego and should be shunned by everyone.
For the record, Fuhrman didn't have an opportunity to plant evidence. The racist jury was predominantly black and the defense played the race card to get an obviously guilty client off.
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...
The Jury By Race: 9 Blacks, 1 Hispanics, 2 Whites
The Jury By Sex: 10 Women, 2 Men
Some other facts about the final jury:
(1) None regularly read a newspaper, but eight regularly watch tabloid TV shows,
(2) five thought it was sometimes appropriate to use force on a family member,
(3) all were Democrats,
(4) five reported that they or another family member had had a negative experience with the police,
(5) nine thought that Simpson was less likely to be a murderer because he was a professional athlete.
The racial composition of the initial jury pool differed considerably from the racial compostion of the final jury. The pool was 40% white, 28% black, 17% Hispanic, and 15% Asian.
I think OJ's eldest son did it.

#643065 Jul 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<the Deity> "So be it."
Lolerbat. Very appropriate, would you not say, eye?

#643066 Jul 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<teh Adam> "The bat has too little hips. Can you make something bigger?"
<teh Deity> "Sure"
<teh Adam> "The Hippopotamus was too big. I think it broke my rib"
<teh Deity> "hmmmmm...that gives me an idea. Sleep for awhile"
Lol. Very good

#643067 Jul 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the people who made him up didn't know any better?
Waddya think, RR?
Hey perhaps we will find fossils proving that bats are indeed birds? I mean if the deity's apparent magice is "natural laws as of yet undiscovered", perhaps the bat is a bird because of anatomical similarities as of yet undiscovered?

I think RR would be proud of me

#643068 Jul 20, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I think OJ's eldest son did it.
Double Fine thinks it was a one-armed man!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643069 Jul 20, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe classifying bats with birds was just an easy way for people remember not to eat bats.
For example, who has ever heard of the 3 R's of education?
Reading, Writing, Rithmatic.... not factually correct but easily accomplishes remembering by word association.
Perhaps it was put into that classification for ease of remembering
or identifiying for a people that did not have a formal schooling or taxanomy.
You ever tell a woman something like "I give my heart to you"?

Did you actually do that?

Good point, Al.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min It aint necessari... 48,219
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min MUQ2 44,642
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 16 min vishnu 2,038
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min MUQ2 281,229
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min Al Capone 2,017
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 1 hr Rosa 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 105,563
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 618,559
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,627
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 646,377
More from around the web