|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Trico?... as in trichloroethylene (is that right, or is there a "poly" in there somewhere)?
I remember that crap from the Navy. We just called it "trike".
RE: Purple stuff (Purple Power).
I used to be kinda fanatical when it came to keeping my vehicles clean... like WAY overkill fanatical. Would poor a gallon of the stuff in a sprayer and apply it liberally to the engine bay, undercarriage, and wheel wells... hose it all off... then take it up the road to shake away the water before doing the same thing with Armor All, or Sun-of-a-Gun, or something similar.
Doing the latter sets off the appearance of chromed-out jeep, as the undercarriage and wheel wells are rather visible and plain for all to see.
(On the flip-side, I didn't like it on my tires... like them flat black, not slick'n'shiny.)
THEN I'd wash the rest of it in a manner similar as most normal people would.
The effect was that the next time, the dirt and grime just sorta fell off the areas mentioned... kinda like using no-stick cooking spray in a frying pan. And, as mentioned, it looked nice.
Anyway...
That's the back story.
After a few years, the jeep got to where it wouldn't start... intermittently... usually when I'd be in a hurry to get somewhere... as if it had a mind of its own. Wait 10 minutes and it'd fire right up... and it would always start for the dealership technicians.
Knowing what the purple stuff does to polished aluminum wheels (I'd be real careful not to get it on them)... I'm kinda convinced that its repeated use eventually eroded away anything and everything electricity flowed through... where copper met aluminum for instance >>> relay/fuse receivers in the PDC, splices, etc.
Don't really know for sure, but that's my suspicion.
SG works just as well, it doesn't scar most metals... and, as you brought up, it isn't as "painful" when a cloud gets blown back in your face. Never used the F88. If it was worse than the purple stuff in that regard... well, I certainly don't want any.
And, yes...
The carpet is nice and white. The cleaners did a great job. They got to spend a little extra time doing what they do best instead of shuffling furniture around... and gave me a substantial discount to boot.
That was the same trico. Replaced carbon tet. Was great in well ventilated areas.

Offhand I would say the problem was corrosion from contacts not drying out before juice was applied. First time you do that it starts corroding. If you used a spray gun you likely got some vapor in your starter, distributor or something not hermetically sealed. Could flat be an old starter. I had similar on my Jeep starting until I just changed the starter.

Battery terminals in humid climates suffer that corrosion. Humidity collects in the tiny spaces where the terminal and connector meet, then start corroding even though they look OK on the outside. Why you need to slap some vaseline or grease over them. That stupid little problem has sold many, many, many, many alternators to the unwary. The corrosion also blocks the charging.

I loved purple stuff.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet there are missing verses and extra words in the NIV...not to mention the drastic reduction in numbers of people who happened to have been killed by your new 'god-lite'.
That's because it's a true translation, done by a worldwide team of unbiased scholars that all agreed upon what the actual translation should be.

Unlike the KJV, which was done by six British men under the command of their king to make it the way he wanted it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just as ignorant today as they were back then.
You're the one that swears by the KJV, a Medieval translation by six Medieval British men under the rule, tyranny, oppression and fear of their king.

You're the one quoting the KJV, which is claimed to have been translated directly from Greek manuscripts in the year 1610, but it was later discovered that England did not have any Greek manuscripts until nearly 1630.

Imagine that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!!!! My birth certificate states I'm Caucasian.
I'm a white Mexican. Hell..... I can't even say "yo quiero un taco y una cerveza fria" in an Antonio Banderas accent. I have to sound Anglo now.....
Why don't you just call yourself American?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is the final arbiter of the only acceptable version.
I await his response so I may be enlightened.
Good boy, Aero.

You may stay in my thread.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality, it's YOU who's deaf, dumb and blind. Shame on you, death-denying cowardly Christian cultist Al Garcia!
Quit pickin' on Al, willya?

He's got at least one atheist friend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.
Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."
You're displaying intellectual dishonesty. You skipped from Romans 5:12 to 5:19 then POW ZAP KAPOOSH over to Corinthians 5.....

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinnedó

13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyoneís account where there is no law.

14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did Godís grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!

16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one manís sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive Godís abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

(Hint) You're not supposed to skip around to make an honest point.....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just call yourself American?
I'm Merican! Dammit!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually check multiple translations.
I haven't really found any glaring differences.
Ya, Aero....

sh-sh-sh-sure ya do.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Al.
I got in trouble for describing myself as "Other - Celt" on various forms. Apparently it doesn't fit the pigeonholes.
And once for putting "Yes, please" in the space where it said "Sex?"
Lol

I got questioned (and subsequently NOT hired) for writing "American" in the 'other' box.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't think that every single other religion is a myth? That's kind of a necessary condition of being a christian. Myth does not mean "lie" in a strict sense. They aren't true, but myths aren't really lies, as most of the time they are legitimate attempts to explain the inexplicable.
So, I'm not assuming. Your chosen religion necessitates that you write off all other religions as myth.
Sure, it's interesting in the same way that greek mythology is interesting. It's still a confusing, contradictory, inconsistent mess that is far beneath a "perfect" god.
Yes, you did assume. You claimed to know that I think all other religions are myths and now you're trying to justify your assumptions with more assumptions.

Knock it off, don't be an ass.

If you assume something about someone, ASK.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
things and stuff
Hey look, we can both do that nonsense.

I can't reply to you when you erase my post that you're responding to.

I've never done it, so I'll ask: How's it feel to flail about?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Quit pickin' on Al, willya?
He's got at least one atheist friend.
Thank you Mac! I don't worry too much about Poomona too much. "He ain't got no friends" anywhere he goes.
:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
So if Jesus says hate your family, and you claim it means love them less than Jesus, then I can apply the same deceptive deceitful dishonesty to this verse:
LEV. 20:13 ("If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death"),
What this verse really means is that men should decide if they want to lay with male or female and not go back and forth, and that God loves them and shall preserve their lives.
Gee, sometimes apologetics [ie lying] can be both fun and rewarding.
Ah ha.... Leviticus....

Go on, show more of your ignorance, tell us that Leviticus is written for all Christians to follow....

Anytime...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't understand plain English?
It was a test of his biblical knowledge. One he desperately failed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not want the truth; the truth is, your whole life is one huge gigantic lie which you try to shove down normal people's throats all day long.
I tell the truth and you lie. These are not just words, I post your lies, I copy and paste the lies you tell and I post facts to prove your words are lies.
I know that is beyond your comprehension because you only accept what people say and haven't a clue what evidence is, or facts are, or proof. None of that matters to you, all that matters is lying to yourself that there is a Jesus and that you believe, but you do not believe, it is all lies. You are a broken defective being. But because you don't believe it you won't believe it. That is so twisted, so circular. Your Christianity is one huge gigantic pathetic evil.
Is that you, Pomona?

Hey Al, I think I found the village idiot!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:

Why not?
That's what you do.
If you were a little less ignorant, you'd understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When the New International Version was published in 1980, I was one of those who hailed it with delight. I believed its own claim about itself, that it was determined to translate exactly what was there, and inject no extra paraphrasing or interpretative glosses.... Disillusionment set in over the next two years, as I lectured verse by verse through several of Paul's letters, not least Galatians and Romans. Again and again, with the Greek text in front of me and the NIV beside it, I discovered that the translators had another principle, considerably higher than the stated one: to make sure that Paul should say what the broadly Protestant and evangelical tradition said he said....[I]f a church only, or mainly, relies on the NIV it will, quite simply, never understand what Paul was talking about.[24]
Sounds like it was tailor made for you. The NIV is not without it's fair share of detractors - you act as if they effected a word for word translation, when the translators themselves admit that they did not do that.
We now have a Comitee on Bible Translation...

http://www.niv-cbt.org/

...thats responsible for any and all translations of the Bible to be as accurate as possible. All proposed changes are studied and examined by committee members, discussed and voted on. Changes are not made easily.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When the New International Version was published in 1980, I was one of those who hailed it with delight. I believed its own claim about itself, that it was determined to translate exactly what was there, and inject no extra paraphrasing or interpretative glosses.... Disillusionment set in over the next two years, as I lectured verse by verse through several of Paul's letters, not least Galatians and Romans. Again and again, with the Greek text in front of me and the NIV beside it, I discovered that the translators had another principle, considerably higher than the stated one: to make sure that Paul should say what the broadly Protestant and evangelical tradition said he said....[I]f a church only, or mainly, relies on the NIV it will, quite simply, never understand what Paul was talking about.[24]
Sounds like it was tailor made for you. The NIV is not without it's fair share of detractors - you act as if they effected a word for word translation, when the translators themselves admit that they did not do that.
...Compared to the KJV version, who's 'committee' was an ignorant king.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
Over half a million posts and still not one shred of evidence that this God exists.
You missed it, a few hundred thousand posts ago.

Go fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

441 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 4 min cretin56 2
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 min hotel to hotel 441
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min hojo 533,689
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 7 min cretin56 869
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min yon 1,626
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,576
Nine Eleven 24 min passing by 49
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr gianni cartooni 115,654
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 257,033