Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643121 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
For RR to prove his prayers were answered is not something he understands.
Incorrect. Again. I told DF that I can't prove it.
Since he believes every silly tale him mamma tells
Incorrect. Again. My mom was not the reason I became a Christian.
His God promises him that as a believer he can lay his hands on the sick and they shall recover
Incorrect. Again. We wet over this yesterday.
RR and all the other pew warmers are.
Incorrect. Again. RR doesn't go to church.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#643122 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can't.
And you can't demonstrate your mom's love for you.
So......
I can "demonstrate" that the Bible is NOT truthful, and I can do it by quoting the god damned thing and asking everyone to read it and not accept you telling them that God is too stupid to say what he really means and that you have appointed yourself to explain what God really meant.

John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

How many Atheists would be dead RR if that verse was true?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#643123 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't wrong, they just had a different classification system than we do now.
Sigh. Why should god's classification system be bound the wrongheaded ideas of a desert tribe?

You're speaking complete nonsense. When the majority thought that the world was flat, were they right? You are confusing being in agreement with the consensus with actually being right.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#643124 Jul 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa set you down the path of doubting everything. It was a traumatic experience. Mine was the Easter bunny.
Take any number of the devices we make today. Plug it in and turn on the switch. Poof!! It comes alive. That invisible energy is given a path to follow. Your computer is a good example. It can be directed, such as that computer, or it can be seemingly random, like a lightning bolt smoking a wire.
We are all powered products. Branch circuits of a rather large energy flow. The issue is how these circuits were developed. Were they designed, or did they magically just self organize.
Right now physics looks at our power generation as occurring from within, on the atomic scale. This makes science just as earth centered as old religious thought. The logic emanates outward. There is not much looking at the whole and understanding how it creates that inward/outward appearance, even thought the base thought is there, the BBT. That is because they can't really see the whole, and stick with the artificial building blocks created here, thus transferring them outwards.
Running energy through a material rearranges the material. Running energy in a course creates barriers, and thus "solidity" to that energy. Matter is formed. Energy, EM or gravity, requires differences of potential for it to even occur.
<quoted text>
That is simple basic physics, counselor.
Let me guess, you just switched out the cards, you didn't troubleshoot them yourself.
You, like so many others om here, sit and read physics books with all of their fancy words and think you understand them. It strokes your intellect. But it doesn't produce anything fertile.
You can't even grasp the basic flows of energy, which is a very misinterpreted and utilized word.
You have false images of creation in your mind.
Picture an atom in your mind, then dig deeper and visualize again. Those little things are very fuzzy, not "hard and fast" as you "imagine". You fell in the rabbit hole when you started chasing them.
Numbers are symbols, not objects. The Beast is the number of a man.
People tend to worship mankind and pay lip service to their creator. The wiser thing to do is worship the creator and pay lip service to mankind. Worship is not bowing down and following ritual, that is a man made idol, it is understanding and appreciating the experience of living, whether is is what you wanted or not. It is just temporary.
Dave, have you ever considered the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel as the inventor of those circuits?

If the universe shows evidence of design, then the only logical designer is the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel.

Put some cottage cheese on a bread and infuse it with EM energy. Take it outside and spin around three times. How tasty does the cheesy goodness look now?

Now, put that same bread in the sun for a whoke week and look at it. Second law of thermodynamics. Look at the enrgy release. E=mc2. Remember that. Tgat bread will not look so good now, right?

It is all relative, Dave

Location hidden

#643125 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible isn't a science book, dude.
Originally, scientific findings were denounced as blasphemous lies. But as science has expanded and the evidence has mounted, many apologists have adopted a more realistic stance. They have increasingly rewritten the Bible by either changing literal statements to figurative meanings or alleging, "What the Bible really meant was..." For example, they assert the seven days of Creation weren't really days; they were eras or epochs. When the Bible describes miracles it doesn't mean to imply they exist. It is merely relating instances in which naive people were fooled by trickery and other mechanisms.

With characteristic wisdom, Ingersoll took note of this slow evolutionary change: "The church disputed every step, denied every fact, resorted to every device that cunning could suggest or ingenuity execute, but the conflict could not be maintained. The Bible, so far as geology was concerned, was in danger of being driven from the earth. Beaten in the open field, the church began to equivocate, to evade, and to give new meanings to inspired words. Finally, falsehood having failed to harmonize the guesses of barbarians with the discoveries of genius, the leading churchmen suggested that the Bible was not written to teach astronomy, was not written to teach geology, and that it was not a scientific book,....(Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 11, p.220)."

"In matters of fact, the Bible has ceased to be a regarded as a standard. Science has succeeded in breaking the chains of theology. A few years ago, Science endeavored to show that it was not inconsistent with the Bible. The tables have been turned, now, Religion is endeavoring to prove that the Bible is not inconsistent with science. The standard has been changed." (Ibid. Vol. 2, p. 242).

"In other words, the standard has been changed; the ancient is measured by the modern, where the literal statement in the Bible does not agree with modern discoveries, they do not change the discoveries, but give new meanings to the old account. We are not now endeavoring to reconcile science with the Bible, but to reconcile the Bible with science." (Ibid. Vol. 8, p. 151).

Only staunch fundamentalists continue trying to erase the handwriting on the wall. In the 5th chapter of Daniel, Belshazzar didn't try to erase the unpleasant handwriting on the wall. He listened and acted accordingly. One would think believers in the Bible would learn from his experience. In summary, the Bible is not inerrant with respect to science. Many statements reflect the era in which they were written and assertions to the contrary are weak at best.

Location hidden

#643126 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do only children believe in Santa and forget it as they age but many people believe in Jesus as adults and never heard of Santa?
<quoted text>
Those verses are not even comparable....
Sigh.

Location hidden

#643127 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Nowadays we call it a mammal - that's the CURRENT classification.
Back then, they called it a bird - that was the OLD classification.
I'm stunned.

#643129 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can't.
And you can't demonstrate your mom's love for you.
So......
Do you like, recycle failed analogies, hoping they look better in a week's time?

What I asked you, is can you demonstrate through prayer, that your god is alive and is listening to you?

Put it this way. You can have a jury of twelve random folks. We can call in witnesses, examine phone records, and bank statements. What this would prove is that the relationship is a healthy one. If she testifies therefore that she loves me and I testify the same, above any reasonable doubt it can be concluded that she loves me. You can even have us both examined by a psychiatrist and he can testify, too

Your turn. How would you going about proving the existence of your deity , through prayer? Can he indeed save you from rat poison? Does he not want to, is that the problem?

Location hidden

#643130 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, have you ever considered the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel as the inventor of those circuits?
If the universe shows evidence of design, then the only logical designer is the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel.
Put some cottage cheese on a bread and infuse it with EM energy. Take it outside and spin around three times. How tasty does the cheesy goodness look now?
Now, put that same bread in the sun for a whoke week and look at it. Second law of thermodynamics. Look at the enrgy release. E=mc2. Remember that. Tgat bread will not look so good now, right?
It is all relative, Dave
Awesome.

Location hidden

#643131 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do only children believe in Santa and forget it as they age but many people believe in Jesus as adults and never heard of Santa?
<quoted text>
Those verses are not even comparable....
While parents know they just made up Santa to make childhood a fun time for their children these very same parents do not know that Jesus also is just made up; NO ONE EVER TOLD THEM THE TRUTH!

Like I am telling you the truth. Hearing it for the first time you can't accept it as it goes against everything you have been told previously and you can not accept the fact that what you were told was hearsay. All you know about Jesus comes from what you have been told. And your very vivid imagination.

Used to be people were told the earth was flat and all anyone had to do was look at the ground and they could see the earth was flat, and everyone believed what they were told.

Today we know the earth is somewhat close to being round and everyone is told it is round and most everyone believes it. We have all seen pictures from space but who has verified the earth is round for themselves?

Who ever gets to you first is who you believe and anyone who disagrees after is wrong and should be punched in the face or killed.

I remember two children arguing about which was bigger Texas or New York. When asked if they were talking about the state or the city they looked at one another because neither of them knew. One had heard Texas was the largest state in the nation and the other had heard that New York City was the largest city in the nation. They were ready to hit each other to prove they were the one telling the truth. Your misunderstanding of religion is just like those two children who did not have a clue what they were talking about.

#643132 Jul 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Ok since you know the truth, how was it all started? How did the big bang get moving?
The Omnipotent One, The Eternal Dark Horse, Double Fine commanded it to be so.

Why did your car start this morning? Because Double Fine wills it so. Stop your blasphemy and herecy! Stop following the false messiah! Follow Double Fine
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643133 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
I bet they'd be quite common if santa was deified.
The Plan Of Santa Claus:
http://www.thejesusrises.com/the-plan-of-sant...

In every savior’s life, there is a foe that is so great, it threatens the very existence of that savior. It gnaws at the savior’s sanity with smelly wooden teeth and molests his emotions with a veiny phallus of injustice. This wretched foe…this arch nemesis…has but one goal in mind, and that is to destroy the savior and bring his world to the ground. I am no different, my children. There is one being in all of the cosmos that boils my blood and curls my nipple hairs into tight little corkscrews of anger. He spends his life getting fat and running a sweatshop full of handicapped immigrants. He works on one night out of the whole damn year, and he expects love and praise for doing so. I am talking, of course, about Santa Claus.

“Father Christmas,” as he sometimes likes to be called, has made it his life’s objective to buy the love of the world and render my power and influence obsolete. He chooses the most important day of the year for me in order to deliver gifts to children around the world. This is not done in celebration of my life or my doings. It is done as a way to make me look like a giant, lactating tit. It is a conspiracy that was created by Mr. Claus as a way to convert the world to Clausism. He is fooling you, my children. Claus is not what he seems!

The cycle goes as follows:

1. He brings gifts once a year to the children of the world.

2. Children begin to worship him and parents become thankful for his charity during a financially trying time of year.

3. He begins to show up more often and wants more milk and cookies.

4. He is promoted to Supreme Leader and Gift Gifter.

5. He rapes your children and exterminates baby pandas.

I have been able to disrupt this cycle on Earth during several attempts by that fat, red bastard, but the danger still looms over humankind like a pair of prodigious, wrinkly pancake boobies that are waiting to smother everything in their droopy path. I found out about this cycle in 1824 when I received a prayer for rescue from a group of starving elves that were being held captive by Mr. Claus in a cage in the North Pole.

I responded to the area and observed enormous guard towers with robotic assault rifles scanning the area. In the horizon, I could see the vast Candy Cane Fortress of Santa Claus. It seemed to be watching me like the Eye of Sauron, tracing my every move and waiting to launch an assault of jingle bells and those Hellish reindeer. You have not witnessed evil until you have seen the deadly laser nose of Rudolph.

I located the cage and freed the elves, and we escaped to Hooters for some wings. Then I heard the tales of St. Nicholas and his cyclical plan of rape and panda murder. Since then, the rescued elves have all been assassinated, and I have been formulating a plan to destroy Santa. You see, besides the dangers of getting diabetes from an all-out assault on his fortress, the only way to destroy him is to make everyone in the world stop believing in him. That is the source of his life and his power. For every human that believes in Santa Claus, the world takes one step in the direction of total butt destruction.

We must act now, my children. Stop talking about Santa. Stop mentioning him and stop looking for him on Christmas. Let’s take the holiday back and make it about me again. Show him that you do not want him in your house by setting up booby traps and painting hateful messages on your chimneys. Do not let him woo you with gifts and promises. He just wants to rape your children and bite the faces off baby pandas. We must stop the spread of St. Nick before it is too late. Be enlightened.

-Jesus H Christ

Location hidden

#643134 Jul 20, 2013
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Those verses are not even comparable....
God does not temp any man, God did tempt Abraham.

If God doesn't temp any man, then Genesis 22:1 is incorrect, if God tempted Abraham then James 1:13 is not true.

This is a solid contradiction and your assertion is just that, an assertion, from an apologist grasping for straws trying to save his un-save-able Bible.

Location hidden

#643135 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Nowadays we call it a mammal - that's the CURRENT classification.
Back then, they called it a bird - that was the OLD classification.
You can disagree with the facts all you want, it does not change what the facts are. The bat has always been a mammal and has never been a bird and the "inspired by God" Bible is wrong.

There is nothing more to say other than your Bible has errors. You can't ever admit to that of course because if it has one error you have to throw the whole thing in the trash.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#643136 Jul 20, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously dave...how much acid did you actually do in your youth?
And he was warned to stay away from the brown acid.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#643137 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolerbat. Very appropriate, would you not say, eye?
Aye.

Location hidden

#643138 Jul 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we believe your "truth" any more than any other?
You like RR, are not able to make a distinction between a fact and an opinion someone shares with you.

What is my "truth"? I quote the Bible where it fails those who claim it is the inerrant word of God and then watch them squirm and grasp for any straw so as to avoid looking totally stupid.

You should NOT believe anything. As Gurdjieff told us, believe nothing, verify everything. If you do not believe my Bible quotes are accurate then look them up yourself and then you will know that every verse I quote is exactly the way it is.

Mark 9:25-26 says: "...he (Jesus) rebuked the foul spirit, saying into him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him;..."

Jesus' statement is false, because if the spirit was deaf, how could he have heard Jesus and come out? If he was dumb, how could he have cried out.

Can you see how stupid Mark 9:25-26 is?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643139 Jul 20, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Chapter and verse on that?
Galatians 5

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643140 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
RR TRANSLATED: Basically, if I don't like what God tells me to do then I just pretend it was for someone else and does not apply to me. See how easy Christianity is! You can't pin me down to anything, there is always an out and I will always find it. Yes, I am in love with myself.
Translation provided by His Holiness Reverend Alan
RA TRANSLATED: "I read the OT and stopped there. CSI was on."

Location hidden

#643141 Jul 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How is that working? Are you converting many to your religion? So far I haven't seen one believer in God turn to the belief in the puddle of crud.
I only destroy trust and belief in the Bible, I offer nothing to replace it.

In Mark 8:35 Jesus said: "...but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's the same shall save it."

How could Jesus have said this when there was no gospel when he lived? The gospel did not appear until after his death. You do not have to try to explain this as it is crystal clear that this is NOT the inerrant word of any God but a deceitful deceptive dishonest Christian re-writing the text. You do not have the word of God, you have a mish mash of nonsense and made up distortions and lies. This is exactly the kind of thing RR does 2,000 years later. You Christians have been dishonest for 2,000 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min ImPeach 26,010
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Here For Now 619,748
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 685,729
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 59 min Doctor REALITY 26
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,448
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 52
sex crime time to tell 4 hr Coco4u 1
More from around the web