“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#642549 Jul 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Vices, by definition, cannot be criminal acts. Learn. Please.
A "vice" by definition is...per Merriam/Webster
a : moral depravity or corruption : wickedness
What makes you think a "moral depravity" couldn't also be criminal? Of course vices can be criminal...if your vice is against the the law...LEARN. Please!
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. That's true. Don't take drugs and you can't get addicted. That doesn't change the fact that certain people are predisposed to addiction in many ways. Some people have a deficiency of serotonin, which makes them want to thrill seek to correct the imbalance, which sometimes leads them to drugs. Some people have emotional problems that lead to drugs. Some people have mental problems that lead to drugs. Some people are born into drug use in terrible environments. And after the drug use begins, the reward system is rewired, which effectively removes the addict's choice in the matter.
There are people all over the world who are predisposed in all the ways you just listed and they never do drugs...which means it is a choice. Yes...once drug abuse begins, then the body does often require the drug and without it the user experiences severe cravings and compulsions, that yes...they cannot control with just willpower and they do normally require help and support to stop. But that doesn't mean they are helpless victims. They have to want help and seek it. However, drug abusers don't "fall victim" to addiction as you stated earlier...regardless of their predisposed factors. They choose to take and continue to take drugs. With that said...no matter how many changes have occurred in their brain as the result of drug use, they still have the choice to seek help...that choice is not removed just because it's a hard thing to do.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, certain people can be genetically predisposed to addiction.
The thing is, drug use is usually comorbid with other factors - and many times drug users are self medicating. It's not so simple as "they were stupid and got high, and now they're an addict." You need to take a more nuanced view of these things.
I completely understand how it easy it is to get caught up in drugs and not for a second do I believe people take drugs with the intent of becoming addicts. I am compassionate toward these people and again, I'm fine with with paying for them to go to rehab once. But you can only help people so much...at some point, they have to take responsibility for themselves. After they've gone through rehab and detox they should have learned more about themselves and how to recognize the high risk situations that will cause a relapse. We all fall prey to some type of temptation from time to time, and for an addict, it's much easier, but it still is a personal responsibility to accept the consequences when we do. If we give abusers the idea that they don't have to worry about being responsible if they mess up, then we enable them. Out of compassion and concern, we hold them accountable for their actions and they learn and get better...It's a fairly simple concept.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real nice christian though. Really following the words of jesus.
Again, you can only help people to a certain extent...they have to take responsibility for themselves at some point. Enabling an abuser is not compassion. I love my children enough to die for them and it kills me to have to punish them when they break the rules, but I do it out of love, so that they learn to be respectable, responsible adults. Likewise, in society, we have to sets forth rules and laws to ensure that people act responsibly. When they don't...there are consequences. It is in no way unchristian-like to expect people to accept the responsibility and face the consequences of their actions...So what words of Jesus am I not following?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642550 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Prolly will now, though... eventually.
It's been appended to the list.
<quoted text>
I've never known Mac's recommendations to not be worth the effort involved in pursuing them.
What have you learned so far, 50 pages in?
I just checked, I'm on pg 47. The neatest thing is how much effort has been put into understanding the atom over the past 2500 years. A man named Democritus, in 440 BC, thought about subdivision in matter. He thought if he could cut a clay pot in half, then in half again, then again and again if he could do that forever. He figured that was unconceivable and eventually you'd come to a tiny grain so small, it could not be cut anymore. He used a Greek word, a-tomos, "uncuttable" which came to be known as atoms.

Interesting, especially for a dude to think of that so long ago.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#642551 Jul 18, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Good morning happy people. It's great to see you back once more DF!
And Karl I see you're still here.
:)
i have changed to hip waders

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642552 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
the book was the effort of one monk's labor in a single night. After breaking the rules of the monastery, he'd been sentenced to a slow death - he'd be walled up in a room of bricks. The night before his sentence would be executed, the monk decided to write his last work, an evil book written on animal skins. He realized that finishing the book before imprisonment would be impossible, so he made a Faustian deal at midnight with Lucifer to finish the book, with the devil signing the document by painting a portrait of himself on the 290th leaf.
Really? What book?

Fascinating stuff they're teaching in sunday school these days.

Location hidden

#642553 Jul 18, 2013
My post a couple lines up has a quote from Bruce M. Metzger, I forgot to put it in brackets and cite it.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#642554 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
This Christian dog and pony show has gone on far too long.
Organized religion is an abomination that has the human race on the path to a premature demise. It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on religious brainwashing and the sooner the better.

Death-denying cowardly religious cultists are perfectly willing to waste away their pitiful lives as slaves to ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting Dark Ages dogma simply to cling in desperation to their entirely irrational delusion of an eternal afterlife as brainwashed godbots demonstrate in this forum on a daily basis.

I refer to these stark raving mad insane lunatics as national embarrassments without any socially redeemable qualities because that's exactly what these complete waste of sperm cells truly are.

Location hidden

#642555 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't been to church in over a decade, so...
<quoted text>
Atheists don't read the Bible, they only read what they are on atheist websites.
<quoted text>
Wrong. I, like my dad, am a skeptic. I question much of the Bible, like you do. The difference is - you read the Bible with a closed mind, I don't.
<quoted text>
Yes, that's what you tell each other.
<quoted text>
Oh no... Another "you shit on Jesus" atheist.
Ugh.
Haha. A christian skeptic.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#642556 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ugh... You're indoctrination is extreme. Let me see if I can help.

Jesus was speaking directly to His disciples, 12 men. Not just anyone that would listen.

Being Jesus' disciple was bringing hostility with families. His disciples needed to be strong enough to not let that interfere with their preaching.

Genesis 29:30-1

And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.

Here, "hated" is clearly used the same as with one who is loved less.

Jesus is quite clear about loving each other and loving your family.

In the context of Luke 14:26, Jesus is meaning to love your family less than Him.
Then he should have said that.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#642557 Jul 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Need an attorney to clean it up, chavito?
Buenos resultados y precios muy baratos.
lol!
Sign me up Catcher!!!!!

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#642558 Jul 18, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol he will learn. After a while. Ten years ago I listened to Korn and Limp Bizkit. So we all eventually learn to put more stock into music that requires talent.
Listen to this: Kiuas - The Wanderer's Lament
LOL...yes, I suppose he will.:)

It's not pulling up on you tube???

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642559 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen no evidence that he can.
Seriously.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#642560 Jul 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
You see but yet are blind at the same time.
In reality, it's YOU who's deaf, dumb and blind. Shame on you, death-denying cowardly Christian cultist Al Garcia!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642561 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:
[non-responsive comment snipped]

What post? You erased it all.

Quit being such a cowardly atheist or you'll be my next Topix atheist bitch - one of many.
Must be lurkers.

You've been pwned by every atheist posting here.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#642562 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Your Christianity is one huge gigantic pathetic evil.
No sane person would disagree with this common sense statement.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#642563 Jul 18, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
So what words of Jesus am I not following?
It isn't possible to follow the words of an amalgamated myth from a plagiarized work of fiction, you religiously retarded redneck bitch!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642564 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I just checked, I'm on pg 47. The neatest thing is how much effort has been put into understanding the atom over the past 2500 years. A man named Democritus, in 440 BC, thought about subdivision in matter. He thought if he could cut a clay pot in half, then in half again, then again and again if he could do that forever. He figured that was unconceivable and eventually you'd come to a tiny grain so small, it could not be cut anymore. He used a Greek word, a-tomos, "uncuttable" which came to be known as atoms.

Interesting, especially for a dude to think of that so long ago.
Yup.

But subsequently found to be untrue.

Location hidden

#642565 Jul 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah it would take two of you , to equal in IQ.
English, dude.

Please speak English.

Location hidden

#642566 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
All you Christians appointing yourselves to tell us what Jesus really meant to say because apparently Jesus is too stupid to actually say what he meant.
Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
nanoanomaly translation of Jesus in Matt. 19:21,"The 'love' of money keeps the wealthy from loving God; if you love possessions more than anything else your love is pointless."
Al Garcia's version of Jesus in Matt. 19:21: Give freely from the heart towards others and whatever profits that ye receive from the sale of your stuff; give to the poor, the needy and the fatherless but not to friends and relatives who stand to profit from it.
It is any wonder that there are 33,000 Christians sects that can not agree with one another? With each of you just making up anything at all and claiming it is what Jesus really meant, anything goes.
Dealing with Christians is like trying to push a rope or nailing jello to the wall.
You are all deceitful, deceptive and dishonest and you are all calling Jesus a liar and treating him like an imbecile who babbles and foams at the mouth totally divorced from reality and unable to say what he means.
This Christian dog and pony show has gone on far too long.
You're trying to tell us the "real meaning" of what Jesus said.

Hypocrite.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#642567 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Trico?... as in trichloroethylene (is that right, or is there a "poly" in there somewhere)?
I remember that crap from the Navy. We just called it "trike".
RE: Purple stuff (Purple Power).
I used to be kinda fanatical when it came to keeping my vehicles clean... like WAY overkill fanatical. Would poor a gallon of the stuff in a sprayer and apply it liberally to the engine bay, undercarriage, and wheel wells... hose it all off... then take it up the road to shake away the water before doing the same thing with Armor All, or Sun-of-a-Gun, or something similar.
Doing the latter sets off the appearance of chromed-out jeep, as the undercarriage and wheel wells are rather visible and plain for all to see.
(On the flip-side, I didn't like it on my tires... like them flat black, not slick'n'shiny.)
THEN I'd wash the rest of it in a manner similar as most normal people would.
The effect was that the next time, the dirt and grime just sorta fell off the areas mentioned... kinda like using no-stick cooking spray in a frying pan. And, as mentioned, it looked nice.
Anyway...
That's the back story.
After a few years, the jeep got to where it wouldn't start... intermittently... usually when I'd be in a hurry to get somewhere... as if it had a mind of its own. Wait 10 minutes and it'd fire right up... and it would always start for the dealership technicians.
Knowing what the purple stuff does to polished aluminum wheels (I'd be real careful not to get it on them)... I'm kinda convinced that its repeated use eventually eroded away anything and everything electricity flowed through... where copper met aluminum for instance >>> relay/fuse receivers in the PDC, splices, etc.
Don't really know for sure, but that's my suspicion.
SG works just as well, it doesn't scar most metals... and, as you brought up, it isn't as "painful" when a cloud gets blown back in your face. Never used the F88. If it was worse than the purple stuff in that regard... well, I certainly don't want any.
And, yes...
The carpet is nice and white. The cleaners did a great job. They got to spend a little extra time doing what they do best instead of shuffling furniture around... and gave me a substantial discount to boot.
That was the same trico. Replaced carbon tet. Was great in well ventilated areas.

Offhand I would say the problem was corrosion from contacts not drying out before juice was applied. First time you do that it starts corroding. If you used a spray gun you likely got some vapor in your starter, distributor or something not hermetically sealed. Could flat be an old starter. I had similar on my Jeep starting until I just changed the starter.

Battery terminals in humid climates suffer that corrosion. Humidity collects in the tiny spaces where the terminal and connector meet, then start corroding even though they look OK on the outside. Why you need to slap some vaseline or grease over them. That stupid little problem has sold many, many, many, many alternators to the unwary. The corrosion also blocks the charging.

I loved purple stuff.

Location hidden

#642568 Jul 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet there are missing verses and extra words in the NIV...not to mention the drastic reduction in numbers of people who happened to have been killed by your new 'god-lite'.
That's because it's a true translation, done by a worldwide team of unbiased scholars that all agreed upon what the actual translation should be.

Unlike the KJV, which was done by six British men under the command of their king to make it the way he wanted it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min Wordsworth 4,776
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Seraphima 548,667
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 3 min Doctor REALITY 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 230,003
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 44 min Doctor REALITY 28
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 46 min Power_2014 4
The Feds Are Playing A Very Dangerous Game 51 min Power_2014 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 261,673
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 9 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE