Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642994 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what people thought 2,000 years ago. And the Bible is not a book about what people thought, you claim it is the word of God. Therefore God is an idiot.
If you'd ever read a book, you'd know that bats weren't classified as mammals until the 18th century when Linnaeus made his taxonomy. Well over 100 years after the Bible was translated into English.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#642995 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said, This meant
Jesus: "but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22)

versus

Paul: "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die" (1 Cor. 15:36) and "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you" (Gal. 3:1) and "We are fools for Christ's sake" (1 Cor. 4:10) and (Rom. 1:22, 1 Cor. 3:18).

Apparently Paul doesn't feel "fool" is a dangerous word or hell fire is a thing to be feared.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642996 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
...the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)
LMAO!!

Ya, lets just take a whole bunch of verses from separate books and separate authors written at different times and mingle them all together as if they're one paragraph.

You're a loon.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642997 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
If you keep reading, you'll see that I admitted my error to New Age....

Keep that proverbs for yourself, buckwheat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642998 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes exactly. They bold faced lie for the monster God of the Bible with out a care in the world about it.
Then stop lying about it.

Location hidden

#642999 Jul 19, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The timing of this post after Reverend Alan's How to Think Like a Fundie list is absolutely priceless. It's no mystery this certifiable whack job thinks he can explain the damn bible to rational people who understand organized religion is a hoax.
Exactly right, nicely said. RR believes we say it is a hoax just to be mean because we hate his God. Which is clearly not the case, but he can't get beyond that.

We post the hoax, and they still do not see it.

Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The Bible clearly states what believers can do, and yet they will not even acknowledge that Mark 16:17-18 is posted right in front of them, let alone read it and come to terms with what it says. At best they might glance over it and then make up some story about not testing God. It is the Bible that is being tested and their claim of belief and trust of the Bible, but not a one of them is willing to drink "any deadly thing" like a bottle of rat poison or a quart of Draino.

They see the hoax right in front of them, they can read it in their Bible at home, and still they refuse to admit to what is in front of their very eyes because it disqualifies the Bible as the word of God.

Such pathetic creatures. If they didn't vote I would not bother with them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643000 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus: "but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22)
versus
Paul: "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die" (1 Cor. 15:36) and "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you" (Gal. 3:1) and "We are fools for Christ's sake" (1 Cor. 4:10) and (Rom. 1:22, 1 Cor. 3:18).
Apparently Paul doesn't feel "fool" is a dangerous word or hell fire is a thing to be feared.
It'd help if you read the scripture in it's entirety instead of skittle snippet.

You're displaying intellectual dishonesty.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

That doesn’t say that we can’t call “people” fools. As anyone will see by reading the WHOLE of Matt 5:22 Jesus is talking about how His disciples are to speak to their “brothers”(meaning their fellow believers-see Matt 5:47, 18:15-17, 20:24, 23:8 etc.). Neither Jesus nor Paul ever said,“thou fool” to a believer.

Location hidden

#643001 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is for you alone RR: Other verses the first category promise unbelievable those faith have as blah grain shall mountain remove place remove nothing impossible you blah Matt and faith a of seed might this sycamore, Be plucked the root blah planted in sea should obey Luke Al Matt despite promises tremendous blah strength those the faith weakest helpless individuals society The blah resort faith because else failed.

Location hidden

#643002 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!
Ya, lets just take a whole bunch of verses from separate books and separate authors written at different times and mingle them all together as if they're one paragraph.
You're a loon.
You are a deceptive dishonest deceitful apologist.

You assert the Bible is the word of God. What does that Bible tell us about God?

"I am the LORD, I change not." Malachi 3:6

If God changes not, as the Bible asserts then it does not matter what was written yesterday today or tomorrow, unless God didn't write it and different uninspired men just put down their own fables and tales.

I have often said the Bible is a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet Plays, it seems you agree with me on this.

“i want to be great”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#643003 Jul 19, 2013
yeah i agreed there 's god so you people should accept that fith dog blees you all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643004 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right, nicely said. RR believes we say it is a hoax just to be mean because we hate his God. Which is clearly not the case, but he can't get beyond that.
We post the hoax, and they still do not see it.
Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
That is not a command to put oneself in harm’s way.

To intentionally to hurt yourself and expect God’s protection is contrary to what Jesus taught. Matthew 4:7,“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#643005 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!
You're a loon.
Why not , in fact....
That's exactly what the bible is.....,.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643006 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
blah grain shall mountain remove place remove nothing impossible
You're becoming more incoherent.

I didn't think that was possible...

Location hidden

#643007 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Jesus nor Paul ever said,“thou fool” to a believer.
What Jesus said: "but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22)

What RR is saying Jesus said: "but whosoever shall say, Thou fool,
'to a believer' shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22)

I caught you in another dog and pony show, adding words to the text, making distinctions where none exist. Jesus warned not to say thou fool, he said nothing about to believers. And St. Paul said thou fool.

End of story, the Bible fails us once again. Obviously you know this or you would not make up such stupid lies to try to solve this unsolvable problem.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643008 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
hmmm....

Your best post yet.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#643009 Jul 19, 2013
monicaben wrote:
yeah i agreed there 's god so you people should accept that fith dog blees you all.

And hot dogs contain meat!

Location hidden

#643010 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To intentionally to hurt yourself and expect God’s protection is contrary to what Jesus taught. Matthew 4:7,“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”
The Bible tells us what you can do if you believe.

No one is suggesting you tempt the Lard. I am asking you to prove that you trust and believe the Bible as you claim. Amazing that you would baulk at the chance to prove to us the Bible is real and full of truth instead of full of what we all know it is full of.

Another dog and pony show RR. Don't you ever get tired of lying for the Bible?

If you do not wish to drink a quart of Draino to prove you are a real and true believer, then you should go to the amputee ward and place your hands on the amputees and watch them recover. God does not say they might, maybe will recover he says SHALL RECOVER. Shall!

What a pathetic evil you are. You are living proof that Christianity is an abomination and a crime against humanity.
RevAl

North Augusta, SC

#643011 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It'd help if you read the scripture in it's entirety instead of skittle snippet.
You're displaying intellectual dishonesty.
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
That doesn’t say that we can’t call “people” fools. As anyone will see by reading the WHOLE of Matt 5:22 Jesus is talking about how His disciples are to speak to their “brothers”(meaning their fellow believers-see Matt 5:47, 18:15-17, 20:24, 23:8 etc.). Neither Jesus nor Paul ever said,“thou fool” to a believer.
OK, which of those three statements says "calling someone a fool is fine by me"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643012 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us what you can do if you believe.
No one is suggesting you tempt the Lard. I am asking you to prove that you trust and believe the Bible as you claim. Amazing that you would baulk at the chance to prove to us the Bible is real and full of truth instead of full of what we all know it is full of.
Another dog and pony show RR. Don't you ever get tired of lying for the Bible?
If you do not wish to drink a quart of Draino to prove you are a real and true believer, then you should go to the amputee ward and place your hands on the amputees and watch them recover. God does not say they might, maybe will recover he says SHALL RECOVER. Shall!
What a pathetic evil you are. You are living proof that Christianity is an abomination and a crime against humanity.
In case you missed it the first time...

“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”

So no, I will not go out and drink Draino to test God'swaiting ability to heal me.

Derp.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#643013 Jul 19, 2013
Double fine has been discovered!

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/5664/20...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr PadMark 673,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Sky Writer 31 184,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Chris Rather 104,609
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 6 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 6 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 8 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 8 hr blkguylooking 471
More from around the web