|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said, is it?
Medieval people people were only slightly less ignorant than Bronze Age people.
Also, the KJV rewriters had an agenda. That doesn't make for a good translation.
Whether those "bronze age goat herders" were right or not isn't the question. How there words are translated IS.
They either wrote this or they wrote that. A true, honest & unbiased scholar would determine which is correct.
ahhh yes the unbiased scholars at the New York Bible Society....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok dave. No ego, but you profess to have it all figured out to the extent that you are capable of defeating death. I'll make sure to have the ghostbusters on speed dial once you pass on.
:-)

Don't worry, I will find a better place to haunt than your head.

I did defeat physical death, Timmy, with a little unseen help.

But what you see me post about existence is based upon nothing but applied sciences carried into mainstream cosmology. There is not a bit of woo woo in it, except in the presentation. I don't follow the KJV of modern physics.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Al's a Christian, he counted four words.
I'm a Christian, I counted four words.
You're not a Christian and you counted three words.
Imagine that.
This proves that you can not deal with the truth I post because all you have is attacking me, the messenger.

This old Christian dog and pony show is so boring. Can't you come up with something new?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the meaning of that verse.
Anytime....
Why can't you accept that it means what it says?

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

What is not clear about Jesus' words? And why do you Christians always appoint yourselves to tell us what God and Jesus really meant? Isn't Jesus and God et. al capable of saying what they mean?

Honestly I would not trust a word that comes out of your mouth about religion, the Bible and God because of how dishonest, deceptive and deceitful you have been here.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Don't worry, I will find a better place to haunt than your head.
I did defeat physical death, Timmy, with a little unseen help.
But what you see me post about existence is based upon nothing but applied sciences carried into mainstream cosmology. There is not a bit of woo woo in it, except in the presentation. I don't follow the KJV of modern physics.
Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
This proves that you can not deal with the truth I post because all you have is attacking me, the messenger.
This old Christian dog and pony show is so boring. Can't you come up with something new?
Ah, nothing like an atheist Messiah to deliver us all from evil.

Hey, sport, if you take that northern California off your profile people might take you more serious. At first.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR wouldn't recommend 409 for a little blow off...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It worked. Sprayed and brushed and dunked in a tub of water to rinse then dried. These were close tolerance relays with up to 24 contacts each, several to a switch. Oh, we had to relube, but the troubles almost disappeared. None whatsoever from the cleaning. Drying was everything.
The exchange supervisor was a crazy man and afraid of nothing. Except the trico we breathed in heavy concentrations for a month beforehand.
lol, no...

"blow"....

Think about it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
'Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.'
- Old and new testaments were originally published by 1978, and updated in 1984 Since it was published int eh 20th C., it must've been translated by some ignorant, modern folks, huh?
Why would you think an edition - published 950 years after the supposed death of Jesus, is accurate?
You are not being logical.
He is not being logical at all. And the NIV, Notoriously Inaccurate Version was written to make the Bible more acceptable to modern society.

For instance 1 SAM. 6:19:

("But God smote of the men of Beth-shemesh...50,070.... "--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT)

versus ("the Lord smote 5,070 men of the people"--LV).

versus ("...he slew 70 men of them"--RS, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI)

Whether God killed 70 people or over 50,000 for a relatively innocuous act bears directly on the biblical teaching in Deut. 32:4, Psalm 9:8, etc. that God is just and righteous. Apparently this troubles scholars and accounts for the dramatic reduction in numbers in many recent translations.

If ordinary men reduce the number of people the Lard smote how can Christian still call it God's word?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Differentiate your religion from the thousands of others that you logically dismiss as myth.
I have NEVER posted that I think any other religion is a myth. Stop assuming.
The bible is a whole lot less impressive when you aren't reading it through the glossy sheen of indoctrination.
The Bible is a lot more interesting when you actually study the complexity of it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh yes the unbiased scholars at the New York Bible Society....
LOL! Good post!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you consider a poorly translated book to be "truth", I can't help you.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I think the nonsensical nature of the bible actually reinforces the indoctrination, because after a christian has decided that the bible is the word of god, he dives straight into the labyrinthine of "interpretation," deciding that it all must mean something.
Hearsay is not allowed in a court of law yet for Christians it is all they have to know about Jesus, someone told them and they believed them.

Santa Claus has a message to all the little Christians in the world:

Dear little Christians, some day you will know everything there is to know about Santa Claus, and on that day, I want you to remember everything the adults told you about Jesus and God.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, 5' 1" and 97 lbs is skinny and frail. Compared to me Trayvon is the Hulk.
Wow!

nanoanatomy.

Hehehe.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, nothing like an atheist Messiah to deliver us all from evil.
Evil comes from the Lard:

GOD: "I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts...." (Ezek. 20:25-26).

GOD: "...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"(Amos 3:6).

Nice God you Christians have.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you consider a poorly translated book to be "truth", I can't help you.
While on the Cross Jesus said, "My God my God, why hast thou forsaken
me" (Mark 15:34).

How could Jesus be our savior when he couldn't even save himself? Those aren't the words of a man voluntarily dying for our sins; those are the words of a man who can think of a hundred other places he would rather be.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It all DOES mean something, timmy...
Do atheists decide that the Bible is NOT the work of God and dive right into the decision that it all means nothing?
You clearly are divorced from reality, pew warming causes that.

When Atheists read the Bible they read the stupidity and they reject the Bible because of the stupidity. You on the other hand were told by your mamma that the Bible is the word of god and you never questioned it. Atheists are the intelligent ones and you are the "simple minded" as St. Paul tells us.

Do tell me why you continue to call Jesus a liar and you give him the finger? Why do you openly defy biblical teachings while pretending you are a Christian?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR wouldn't recommend 409 for a little blow off...
<quoted text>
lol, no...
"blow"....
Think about it.
I tried. Clue me.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
[non-responsive comment snipped]
This old Christian dog and pony show of yours is so boring. Can't you come up with something new?

PS. You need to get over that delusion that you can help someone. You can't even help yourself.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

How could Jesus be our model of sinless perfection when he denies he
is morally perfect in Matt. 19:17 ("And Jesus said unto him, Why callest
thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God")?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

How could Jesus, whom the New Testament repeatedly refers to as the
son of man, be our savior when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm
146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom
there is no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and
the son of man, which is a worm")?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Student 38,612
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min truth 538,371
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min John Marteny 259,646
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Dave Nelson 226,057
Gay sex in Doha - need hot men (Sep '13) 23 min raj 3
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 34 min EyeRoller 2,388
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 40 min Naveen kumar 1,104
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min Clearwater 173,230
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Senecus 599,703

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••