|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
After you read all 233 English versions you can tell me.
I think that number's a bit high, but that's not my point.

My point is that the KJV is a terribly inaccurate translation. It was translated by only 6 British men in only 3 years. They claimed to have translated it directly from Greek, but they translated in in 1607-1610 and England had NO Greek manuscripts until 1628.

They made it the way King James wanted it, not the way it's supposed to be.

Atheists and skeptics just adore the KJV. Little do they know they're quoting an incorrect translation.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds horrible.
Yep.

The myriad of color was deafening.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sir. Just you wait a minute. I'm still trying to get through that one. I'm on the part where he's talking about atoms - super interesting and very well written. That dude (?) has a knack with analogies.
Hehehe. I'll wait till you're done with that one.

And yes, Chowm is a fairly well-known science writer and presenter. He manages to make the complex seem clear...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, monkeybutt!
Okee Dokee, nanobutt!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us hope that the Christians will take the time to read and carefully consider your post. They claim they trust the Bible but this is more evidence that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable and illogical.
Let us hope that you understand that what Mythic Idiot posted was written by a Satanist leader and hardly a reputable source.

(I won't keep my hopes up)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when Christians call Jesus a liar.
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
Tell us more about Christian love.
Tell me the meaning of that verse.

Anytime....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie is not a timepiece. I should have known I'd get nothing but ad hominem. That's your schtick when you can't answer.
I did answer, you're just to stupid and bias to understand.

You said "If God can't lie, how can he create a being that can lie?"

Derp.

I responded with "If you can't tell time, how can you create a clock?"

Derp again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe. I'll wait till you're done with that one.
And yes, Chowm is a fairly well-known science writer and presenter. He manages to make the complex seem clear...
He does indeed.

It's very RR compatible lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...because the bronze age was where the smart erudite people were. LMAO
That's not what I said, is it?

Medieval people people were only slightly less ignorant than Bronze Age people.

Also, the KJV rewriters had an agenda. That doesn't make for a good translation.

Whether those "bronze age goat herders" were right or not isn't the question. How there words are translated IS.

They either wrote this or they wrote that. A true, honest & unbiased scholar would determine which is correct.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I find dishwashing detergent works well on exposed surfaces. I thought you were using SG on the components inside. I've used straight 409, and a water hose, and an air compressor, and lots of drying out on the motherboards
Well, if you're going as far as to hose down electronic innards, you might still give SG a try.

In my experience with cleaning exposed surfaces, SG requires less scrubbing/wiping than 409.

In the end, though, I'd say stick with whatever works for ya.

I just learned... the makers of SG recently removed a chemical component from their product. Purchased a gallon of the new stuff yesterday. Still seems to work.
TVnews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

TBN's false prophets EXPOSED --

http://youtu.be/Ci7nCdbaM0M

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-oh - you'll have to cut that portion out, frame it, and then put it up for auction on eBay. The Golden Palace will surely pay $10K for it!!
:o)
Hummmm...

Perhaps I'll get a case of Old Milwaukee or Blatz and produce a few more stains.

$$$Ka-ching$$$

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe. I'll wait till you're done with that one.
Marcus Chowm >>> Marcus ChowN?

Which book, specifically?

Hi, Mac.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"so far above the rest of us"
Tsk...more of your ego dominated thinking showing, Timmy. You are trying to represent yourself as a spokesman for the mass of humanity. You could have phrased that as a more personal reference to yourself than drawing the mass of humanity into it. Your thought processes are not dwarfed just by me. Far, far, far from such.
You say the word such too much.

And no, I wasn't portraying myself as a representative of anything, I was portraying you as a delusional egoist. I wouldn't be surprised if you legitimately consider yourself the most enlightened man on the planet.

Dave, when I can spend 60 seconds imitating your writing style and end up with a post that sounds exactly like the nonsense you constantly spout, it's time to wonder if you really ever say anything of substance.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, it says "in the day", you changed it to "on the day". You are deceptive, dishonest and deceitful.
Genesis 2:17
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
King James 2000 Bible (2003)
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die
American King James Version
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.
Why don't you google the answer to your verses you post? I really don't have the time but they all can easily be explained since you are so confused about them. It will make you look just a little less foolish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you're going as far as to hose down electronic innards, you might still give SG a try.
In my experience with cleaning exposed surfaces, SG requires less scrubbing/wiping than 409.
In the end, though, I'd say stick with whatever works for ya.
I just learned... the makers of SG recently removed a chemical component from their product. Purchased a gallon of the new stuff yesterday. Still seems to work.
After trying trico and other stuff we used 409 to clean all the electromagnetic switches in a telephone exchange overseas that was next to a kitchen for 20 years, They were caked with grease. Straight 409, a little brushing, rinsin gin water, a little blowing off with compressed air, and sitting on the heating radiators for a few hours brought them back as good as new. Nice bright shiny copper and soft iron again.

I used to use something called Formula 88 for cleaning. Was the original purple stuff, I believe. Awesome stuff, but a killer when you breathed it from a compressed air siphon gun sprayer. The purple stuff I have used since is not nearly as potent. Mineral spirits is still my favorite general purpose cleaner, though.

Get your carpets cleaned?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the meaning of that verse.
Anytime....
"Abandon Hope, all ye who enter here"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Marcus Chowm >>> Marcus ChowN?
Which book, specifically?
Hi, Mac.
"We Need To Talk About Kelvin". Read it?

Mac recommended it to me to help me undertstand a little more when y'all start discussing physics and stuff.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is also amazing is the dishonesty of our resident pew warming Christians who would be the last to inform you of the Bible's contents. They count on you not reading the god damned thing.
They learn from the con-artist who preaches at the front of their churches how to be dishonest, deceitful and deceptive about everything, not just the contents of the Bible.
Do you know about this?
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
How anyone can claim these contradictions are the work of a perfect all knowing being is beyond me. The only way to help these delusional people is to quote the Bible to them to prove to them that it fails them at every opportunity. This is just one example of the thousands available.
Yeah. I think the nonsensical nature of the bible actually reinforces the indoctrination, because after a christian has decided that the bible is the word of god, he dives straight into the labyrinthine of "interpretation," deciding that it all must mean something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
After trying trico and other stuff we used 409 to clean all the electromagnetic switches in a telephone exchange overseas that was next to a kitchen for 20 years, They were caked with grease. Straight 409, a little brushing, rinsin gin water, a little blowing off with compressed air, and sitting on the heating radiators for a few hours brought them back as good as new. Nice bright shiny copper and soft iron again.
I used to use something called Formula 88 for cleaning. Was the original purple stuff, I believe. Awesome stuff, but a killer when you breathed it from a compressed air siphon gun sprayer. The purple stuff I have used since is not nearly as potent. Mineral spirits is still my favorite general purpose cleaner, though.
Get your carpets cleaned?
RR wouldn't recommend 409 for a little blow off...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 609,941 - 609,960 of716,822
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

523 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min Lyndi 171,473
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min USA Born 530,190
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min waleed sadat 114,671
Why do white men marry Chinese women? (Jul '08) 27 min flbadcatowner 782
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 28 min RiccardoFire 36,416
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min ChromiuMan 5,170
Male public nudity exhibitionism 36 min Jennette 11
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 255,737
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 223,255
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr SimmerExtreme 64
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••