Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642978 Jul 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one:'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
Awesome.
Oh, is that from the atheist handbook, too?

"Don't believe the Christian that's had prayers answered, mock him, ridicule him and ask for proof. But when a fellow atheist has had a prayer answered, high five him."

O_o

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642979 Jul 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Pedantry.
That is not pedantry, that is the fact of what is written in the bible.

Whether or not you believe it to be true, the bible says that God CREATED the universe, it dies not say He "poofed it with magic".

Derp.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#642980 Jul 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
^John 14:15^
John 14:15(KJV), "If ye love me, keep my commandments"

I guess everybody hates Jesus don't they. Not a one of the Christians in this thread have been even remotely interested in keeping the direct and clear commandments Jesus has given them.

Good post!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642981 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that from the atheist handbook, too?
"Don't believe the Christian that's had prayers answered, mock him, ridicule him and ask for proof. But when a fellow atheist has had a prayer answered, high five him."
O_o
It was a joke.. clearly. RR: missing the obvious point in the pursuit of pedantry, always.

Also, did I detect a little persecution complex there? Poor christians... so downtrodden. So finely tuned to detect "persecution" anywhere as a form of belief reinforcement.

Location hidden

#642982 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
One can only know what the bible says.
You seem to think you know better.
Good point, RR does insist that he knows what God meant when God does not say what he wished God said. He displays this arrogance in his every post. Apologists are the most dishonest people on the earth.

Location hidden

#642983 Jul 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can answer this question -[blah blah blah apologetics snipped]
You replied but you answered nothing. Making up 'maybe's' and 'might have's' answers nothing. The problem exists for those who can read, think, use logic and reason. The problem does not go away because you believe God was too stupid to write what he really meant. And no one believes that if there were a God it would have appointed such a defective person as yourself to correct his contradictions and absurdities.

Location hidden

#642984 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then everybody was "wrong". Back then, nobody thought of a bat as anything other than a bird.
You do not know what people thought 2,000 years ago. And the Bible is not a book about what people thought, you claim it is the word of God. Therefore God is an idiot.

GodTheBible got it wrong. God should know the bat is not a bird but he/it included the bat in a long list of birds and told us not to eat them.

I am not sure who is the bigger moron, God for writing such nonsense or you for trying to deceive us into believing there is a reasonable answer.

The only answer is that God got it wrong. The Bible is in error including the bat in a long list of birds and calling the list of fowls, birds.

Where else is God wrong? If you have been paying attention, which you are not capable of, but if you were, you would know that God gets it wrong thousands of times.

Those believing the Bible to be scientifically precise and wise beyond its years should read, digest, and remember the following assertions contained within its covers:

The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).

Location hidden

#642985 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:5,
5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Whut?
You intentionally do everything you can to waste other people's time and throw clogs into the works. What if that is done to you, then what?

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Location hidden

#642986 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, ole chap.
Here, this is the commandments Jesus was referring to:
Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Not the 10 commandments......
You count on people being biblically ignorant don't you so you can post your half truths and out right lies. This is why you can't be trusted.

Jesus--"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#642987 Jul 19, 2013
Regarding post #642683, which was too long to post

I addressed most of #2 in another post...that I forgot to address to you specifically. I didn't address a few specific questions..so I'll do that here.

1) If you can't see the pun...I won't waste my time explaining.
2) on the questions I didn't address in the other post...When I wrote, "that stat is misleading, I know how stats work" I was actually fed up arguing over stats. Seems you continue to focus on stats and never answer or reflect upon the key points of my posts...

Anyway...show me where I ever said my expertise lead me to believe that there is some massive conspiracy to inflate the benefits of rehab. You won't be able to because I never made that claim. I never even insinuated there was a mass conspiracy of any kind. Saying stats are misleading doesn't mean I feel they were intentional..just that if you don't look at the whole picture...you get an unrealistic idea. I don't think the stats were meant to mislead...I think the idea is exceptional...I just believe rehab, as it currently is, needs revamped so that it captures a larger group of the total drug abusers. And I only believe jail is better when the abuser refuses rehab or shows no signs of rehabilitating...AGAIN...and a major point I keep making that you keep ignoring...these abusers have to take responsibility for their own actions at some point!
3) Drug abuse is not the same as anorexia...drug abusers cost us billions...anorexics do not...drug abusers more often than not, put others lives at risk...anorexics do not.

What does locking an addict up accomplish? It keeps us safe from the harm addicts cause in society.
In what way does consuming a certain substance constitute a crime? Considering our conversation...which is focused on DRUG ABUSE...the certain substances we would speaking of are illegal...VERY DUMB QUESTION.

The moral reasoning behind locking people up for consuming a substance (which would be illegal drugs if you're keeping in line with our conversation) is that it is morally correct to abide by the law and morally correct to instill the consequences set out by the law, when said laws are broken.

No, I don't want to get into comparisons of our drug problems with those of countries that have decriminalized drug use. I'm all for legalizing marijuana and I've said as much to you. That isn't what we're talking about...try to stay focused.

I have never advocated the current drug war...why do you keep insinuating I have? Perhaps this is your way of ignoring the KEY point I have continually made on the subject...At some point...abusers have to take responsibility for their own actions. Tell me Timn...please...do you or do you not agree with this?

Location hidden

#642988 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can.
I do.
I have.
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642989 Jul 19, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
Regarding post #642683, which was too long to post
I addressed most of #2 in another post...that I forgot to address to you specifically. I didn't address a few specific questions..so I'll do that here.
1) If you can't see the pun...I won't waste my time explaining.
2) on the questions I didn't address in the other post...When I wrote, "that stat is misleading, I know how stats work" I was actually fed up arguing over stats. Seems you continue to focus on stats and never answer or reflect upon the key points of my posts...
Anyway...show me where I ever said my expertise lead me to believe that there is some massive conspiracy to inflate the benefits of rehab. You won't be able to because I never made that claim. I never even insinuated there was a mass conspiracy of any kind. Saying stats are misleading doesn't mean I feel they were intentional..just that if you don't look at the whole picture...you get an unrealistic idea. I don't think the stats were meant to mislead...I think the idea is exceptional...I just believe rehab, as it currently is, needs revamped so that it captures a larger group of the total drug abusers. And I only believe jail is better when the abuser refuses rehab or shows no signs of rehabilitating...AGAIN...and a major point I keep making that you keep ignoring...these abusers have to take responsibility for their own actions at some point!
3) Drug abuse is not the same as anorexia...drug abusers cost us billions...anorexics do not...drug abusers more often than not, put others lives at risk...anorexics do not.
What does locking an addict up accomplish? It keeps us safe from the harm addicts cause in society.
In what way does consuming a certain substance constitute a crime? Considering our conversation...which is focused on DRUG ABUSE...the certain substances we would speaking of are illegal...VERY DUMB QUESTION.
The moral reasoning behind locking people up for consuming a substance (which would be illegal drugs if you're keeping in line with our conversation) is that it is morally correct to abide by the law and morally correct to instill the consequences set out by the law, when said laws are broken.
No, I don't want to get into comparisons of our drug problems with those of countries that have decriminalized drug use. I'm all for legalizing marijuana and I've said as much to you. That isn't what we're talking about...try to stay focused.
I have never advocated the current drug war...why do you keep insinuating I have? Perhaps this is your way of ignoring the KEY point I have continually made on the subject...At some point...abusers have to take responsibility for their own actions. Tell me Timn...please...do you or do you not agree with this?
I can't wait to respond to this. Will be back in 3 hours. So much nonsense, so little time.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#642990 Jul 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You just wasted a lot of space. You are still going with the idea that the analysis is dependent on whether or not rehab works for the majority of people. It's not. There were no caveats included in the research, it was just -"for every dollar spent, we save 3 in other ways." It's not dependent on the individual, it's rehab/harm reduction as a whole.
Supposing rehab never works...how would that be possible?

Location hidden

#642991 Jul 19, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The mentally retarded Riverside Redneck and other fundies lack the capacity to see the irony because they mindlessly perform these tasks in this forum on a daily basis.
Yes exactly. They bold faced lie for the monster God of the Bible with out a care in the world about it. And you can make a point one day, and the next week they come back and repeat the same nonsense as if it is brand new.

What is really difficult for me is that they can not distinguish between what is a fact and what is an opinion. I assert that the cause of this is their level of consciousness is the lowest most mechanical level where they believe everything they are first told and then anyone who tells them something different is influenced by Satan. They can learn nothing new.

This is why they are after our children, they believe our children are as retarded as they are and will believe just any old tale they are told. No so, but they do not know any better so that is why they want to get to our kids before we tell them the truth about Jesus, Santa, The Tooth Fairy, God and the Easter Bunny.

We need to educate our children about the evil theist who will condemn them to a life of ignorance and stupidity.

They even do it to their own children! I am sure glad my parents never did that to me.

Location hidden

#642992 Jul 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)...that was jesus speaking there btw
When RR doesn't like what Jesus says, he just claims Jesus meant something else. Trying to deal with a fundy is like trying to push a rope.

Location hidden

#642993 Jul 19, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Voltaire had many quotes I'd like to claim as my own:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one:'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
Of all religions, the Christian should of course inspire the most tolerance, but until now Christians have been the most intolerant of all men.
Exactly right. I know of no one more intolerant than a Christian who is told his mamma lied to him about Jesus.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642994 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what people thought 2,000 years ago. And the Bible is not a book about what people thought, you claim it is the word of God. Therefore God is an idiot.
If you'd ever read a book, you'd know that bats weren't classified as mammals until the 18th century when Linnaeus made his taxonomy. Well over 100 years after the Bible was translated into English.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Location hidden

#642995 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said, This meant
Jesus: "but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22)

versus

Paul: "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die" (1 Cor. 15:36) and "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you" (Gal. 3:1) and "We are fools for Christ's sake" (1 Cor. 4:10) and (Rom. 1:22, 1 Cor. 3:18).

Apparently Paul doesn't feel "fool" is a dangerous word or hell fire is a thing to be feared.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642996 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
...the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)
LMAO!!

Ya, lets just take a whole bunch of verses from separate books and separate authors written at different times and mingle them all together as if they're one paragraph.

You're a loon.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642997 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
If you keep reading, you'll see that I admitted my error to New Age....

Keep that proverbs for yourself, buckwheat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Seentheotherside 687,387
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 5 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web