Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642457 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that number's a bit high, but that's not my point.
My point is that the KJV is a terribly inaccurate translation. It was translated by only 6 British men in only 3 years. They claimed to have translated it directly from Greek, but they translated in in 1607-1610 and England had NO Greek manuscripts until 1628.
They made it the way King James wanted it, not the way it's supposed to be.
Atheists and skeptics just adore the KJV. Little do they know they're quoting an incorrect translation.
Lots of christians adore it too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#642458 Jul 18, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman is not mixed race in that sense. Hispanic is not a race. Are you suggesting that people from Spain are not white? Zimmerman is white. Is an Irish American of mix race? I know lots of Hispanics and they can be white, black, native american or mixed race. The races that make up Hispanics are commonly black,white and native american.
You ate spot on regarding thew description, but white America has tried to make a 14 year old black girl a woman, murdered Natasha Harlan and all 13 year old black boys are adults in the eyes of white America.
Race is a big issue in America and all must face that. Just like religion is a big issue in Pakistan and India. If I am walking late at night and I see 3 young black men with tats and saggy pants I am cautious. However, if I am in a white neighborhood and I see 3 white men flying a confederate flag walking towards me I am also cautious.
My brother is over the age of 50 and weighs over 200 pounds at 5'3" and trained in MMA just like Zimmerman, and Martin would never have gotten one punch in. Also, my brother would have subdued him and made an arrest, if that is what Zimmerman was trying to do.
What was Zimmerman doing outside of the car, when told to stay in the car?
LeBron James and Kobe Bryant in an All star game? Trayvon was going to the store and then straight back home to see two of the NBA's biggest stars. Did you see the second half of that NBA All star game? Trayvon never did.
On February 26th, an armed Sanford, FL neighborhood watchman, George Zimmerman followed, confronted and shot Trayvon Martin AFTER being told by a 911 dispatcher to stay in his car until police arrive. Trayvon Martin was on his way home from buying candy at a store during halftime of the NBA All-Star game. Zimmerman, who admits to shooting the unarmed boy in the chest, called the police claiming Trayvon Martin looked “suspicious.”
*...and trained in MMA just like Zimmerman"
- Defense witness - Zimmerman's MMA trainer - stated he was a beginner and basically didn't know how to fight.

Fail #1

"What was Zimmerman doing outside of the car, when told to stay in the car?"
- Never was told this. All he was told was to not follow him.

Fail #2

Although it was a choice by Zimmerman to "see where he was going", as the 911 operator asked. Maybe the 911 operator should have been more clearer in his instruction - "Please do not get out of your car."

So Mr. Hindsight - speculation is a-foot!

Everything else up and to the point of the altercation, will only be known by two people - Zimmerman and Martin.

We could speculate in multiple directions with different scenarios - and maybe, not one of them would be correct.

Move on - it isn't worth your time, unless you still want to continue "hating".

Live in love and you probably will never have to worry about an incident like this every occurring to you.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#642459 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Marcus Chowm >>> Marcus ChowN?
Which book, specifically?
Hi, Mac.
ChowN, yes. Damned typos - and I just had a man with a ferret in.

And "We Need To Talk About Kelvin."

Location hidden

#642460 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR wouldn't recommend 409 for a little blow off...
It worked. Sprayed and brushed and dunked in a tub of water to rinse then dried. These were close tolerance relays with up to 24 contacts each, several to a switch. Oh, we had to relube, but the troubles almost disappeared. None whatsoever from the cleaning. Drying was everything.

The exchange supervisor was a crazy man and afraid of nothing. Except the trico we breathed in heavy concentrations for a month beforehand.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642461 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It all DOES mean something, timmy...
Do atheists decide that the Bible is NOT the work of God and dive right into the decision that it all means nothing?
Differentiate your religion from the thousands of others that you logically dismiss as myth.

The bible is a whole lot less impressive when you aren't reading it through the glossy sheen of indoctrination.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642462 Jul 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious I offend your sensibilities, Timmy.
Old Dave was issued the minimum ration of ego for this manifestation. If you truly understood what I have posted you will note I refer to us as being facets of something larger, machinery so to speak for the manifesting of something beyond us, but includes us in its being.
So there is no ego involved. Old Dave just does, not second guessing or interpreting whatever pushes my buttons.
When I tell you that you are an idiot, you can take that as coming from the very top.
Timmy, lad, to get smart you first have to be stupid. You have a great head start. You have great potential in the future to actually learn something.
Ok dave. No ego, but you profess to have it all figured out to the extent that you are capable of defeating death. I'll make sure to have the ghostbusters on speed dial once you pass on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Albuquerque, NM

#642463 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>NONE, they all say Christ died on the cross and rose again. How many versions of the dictionary are there? which ones do you believe? Do you sill use the word "gay" as it was used 50 years ago?
These two editions - the earliest on record - don't have the resurrection Codex Sinaiticus and Vaticanus.

here is a link to the Sinaiticus.

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0

Here is a link to various downloads of the Vaticanus.
http://archive.org/details/CodexVaticanusbFac...

It appears you haven't researched the longer ending in Mark 16 to truly understand what you write about.

Another ancient text, the GoJudas, also doesn't speak of any resurrection either.

But you don't want to here about these things, as they dismiss your belief as valid.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
Mavpi are wild

Lansdowne, PA

#642464 Jul 18, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>ZIMMERMAN WAS AN ALMOST 30 YEAR OLD WHITE HISPANIC AND TRAYVON A 17 YEAR OLD CHILD.
Yes, Zimmerman was almost 30. And Zimmerman is a white Hispanic, so stop the nonsense. Hispanics can be white or black. Zimmerman's dad was a Caucasian and his mom a white Peruvian.
Most Hispanics are disgusted with Zimmerman and have been rioting and protesting too. I hope that blacks do not forget that there are many whites and blacks who know that Zimmerman is a murderer and a racist.
The growing sentiment felt by Sanford residents is that not only did the police free Zimmerman, but their slow footed treatment of the investigation shows that they don’t care. If Zimmerman was not white and the teen was not black, things would be different.
The town of Sanford is known for its racist past, it was founded by laborers in the late 19th century, and Goldsboro, once an active center of black life, became the second town in Florida incorporated by blacks.
But in 1911, Sanford stripped Goldsboro of its charter and took it over. The streets, named after its black pioneers, were immediately renamed.
Ulysees Cunningham, an 80-year-old retired contractor, has lived in Sanford for most of his life and remembers the days of segregation very well.
The Sanford police also has a checkered past. Scandals involving former police chiefs, along with shootings of other black victims have garnered questions about how the Sanford police conduct their investigations.
The town of Sanford and its police department are in the national spotlight with the shooting death of Trayvon, so it’s important to know why the town is the way it is.
For instance, Sanford has a per capita income of nearly more than $20,000 a year, and barely a third of its 54,000 residents are black, according to 2010 U.S. census data.
Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/trayvon-martin-ki...
You're just pi$$ed because justice was served.
TOUGH!!!

You don't like it then go do something to yourself that's physically impossible!

Albuquerque, NM

#642465 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter which version of the KJV you post, it's wrong.
"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.
'Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.'

- Old and new testaments were originally published by 1978, and updated in 1984
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Internationa...

Since it was published int eh 20th C., it must've been translated by some ignorant, modern folks, huh?

Why would you think an edition - published 950 years after the supposed death of Jesus, is accurate?

You are not being logical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

UK

#642466 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said, is it?
Medieval people people were only slightly less ignorant than Bronze Age people.
Also, the KJV rewriters had an agenda. That doesn't make for a good translation.
Whether those "bronze age goat herders" were right or not isn't the question. How there words are translated IS.
They either wrote this or they wrote that. A true, honest & unbiased scholar would determine which is correct.
ahhh yes the unbiased scholars at the New York Bible Society....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642468 Jul 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok dave. No ego, but you profess to have it all figured out to the extent that you are capable of defeating death. I'll make sure to have the ghostbusters on speed dial once you pass on.
:-)

Don't worry, I will find a better place to haunt than your head.

I did defeat physical death, Timmy, with a little unseen help.

But what you see me post about existence is based upon nothing but applied sciences carried into mainstream cosmology. There is not a bit of woo woo in it, except in the presentation. I don't follow the KJV of modern physics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#642469 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Al's a Christian, he counted four words.
I'm a Christian, I counted four words.
You're not a Christian and you counted three words.
Imagine that.
This proves that you can not deal with the truth I post because all you have is attacking me, the messenger.

This old Christian dog and pony show is so boring. Can't you come up with something new?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642470 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the meaning of that verse.
Anytime....
Why can't you accept that it means what it says?

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

What is not clear about Jesus' words? And why do you Christians always appoint yourselves to tell us what God and Jesus really meant? Isn't Jesus and God et. al capable of saying what they mean?

Honestly I would not trust a word that comes out of your mouth about religion, the Bible and God because of how dishonest, deceptive and deceitful you have been here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642471 Jul 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Don't worry, I will find a better place to haunt than your head.
I did defeat physical death, Timmy, with a little unseen help.
But what you see me post about existence is based upon nothing but applied sciences carried into mainstream cosmology. There is not a bit of woo woo in it, except in the presentation. I don't follow the KJV of modern physics.
Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!

Location hidden

#642472 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
This proves that you can not deal with the truth I post because all you have is attacking me, the messenger.
This old Christian dog and pony show is so boring. Can't you come up with something new?
Ah, nothing like an atheist Messiah to deliver us all from evil.

Hey, sport, if you take that northern California off your profile people might take you more serious. At first.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642473 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR wouldn't recommend 409 for a little blow off...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It worked. Sprayed and brushed and dunked in a tub of water to rinse then dried. These were close tolerance relays with up to 24 contacts each, several to a switch. Oh, we had to relube, but the troubles almost disappeared. None whatsoever from the cleaning. Drying was everything.
The exchange supervisor was a crazy man and afraid of nothing. Except the trico we breathed in heavy concentrations for a month beforehand.
lol, no...

"blow"....

Think about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642474 Jul 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
'Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.'
- Old and new testaments were originally published by 1978, and updated in 1984 Since it was published int eh 20th C., it must've been translated by some ignorant, modern folks, huh?
Why would you think an edition - published 950 years after the supposed death of Jesus, is accurate?
You are not being logical.
He is not being logical at all. And the NIV, Notoriously Inaccurate Version was written to make the Bible more acceptable to modern society.

For instance 1 SAM. 6:19:

("But God smote of the men of Beth-shemesh...50,070.... "--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT)

versus ("the Lord smote 5,070 men of the people"--LV).

versus ("...he slew 70 men of them"--RS, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI)

Whether God killed 70 people or over 50,000 for a relatively innocuous act bears directly on the biblical teaching in Deut. 32:4, Psalm 9:8, etc. that God is just and righteous. Apparently this troubles scholars and accounts for the dramatic reduction in numbers in many recent translations.

If ordinary men reduce the number of people the Lard smote how can Christian still call it God's word?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642475 Jul 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Differentiate your religion from the thousands of others that you logically dismiss as myth.
I have NEVER posted that I think any other religion is a myth. Stop assuming.
The bible is a whole lot less impressive when you aren't reading it through the glossy sheen of indoctrination.
The Bible is a lot more interesting when you actually study the complexity of it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642476 Jul 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh yes the unbiased scholars at the New York Bible Society....
LOL! Good post!:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642477 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you consider a poorly translated book to be "truth", I can't help you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min jjustice0981 603,601
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 263,432
Moses never existed 7 min Khatru 537
gay snapchat 8 min iovannl 5
what the best model of this wrist watches 14 min andet1987 7
Eat a wide variety of foods for a healthy diet 27 min andet1987 2
Best Of anime movies 29 min Kid_Tomorrow 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min June VanDerMark 554,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,039
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 119,237

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE