Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642950 Jul 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...you are aware of the ten commandments?
are you saying jesus expunged the need to follow those?
even after saying in John 14:5 "If you love me keep my commandments".
you're all over the place.
John 14:5,

5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Whut?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#642951 Jul 19, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The brown house snake is brown, while the black mamba is a dark grey. And the shape of the head is different. The mamba has a coffin shaped head while the brown house snake is pointy. I learnt that just this year in fact, at a snake park.
We also get green snakes where I live. The common harmless ones are a dull green and have black spots on their back and are white underneath. The green mamba on the other hand is a brilliant green.
But yeah, I would rather take the snake along than misidentify.
The way they talked , if a mamba gets you. In some cases even if you are in the emergency room when it does, bend over kiss ass goodbye. Almost as effective as a 44 magnum.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642952 Jul 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
^John 14:15^
Very good, ole chap.

Here, this is the commandments Jesus was referring to:

Matthew 22:37-40

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Not the 10 commandments......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642953 Jul 19, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I stumbled upon Topix while looking to touch-base with other atheists.
It's been eye-opening and entertaining.
Why are you here?
To learn, first and foremost.

But also to teach.

When I see an atheist use words like "poof", I just gotsta correct them.

Unfortunately, most Topix atheists seem to be so hard-headed or brainwashed in their ways to learn anything new.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642954 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you?
I can.

I do.

I have.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642955 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called an informed opinion.
Hardly worthless.
This is the brainwashing I was referring to.

You openly take the uninformed word of your fellow atheist, but deny the word of your opposing theist.

Imagine that.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#642956 Jul 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
HOW TO THINK LIKE A FUNDIE!!!
The mentally retarded Riverside Redneck and other fundies lack the capacity to see the irony because they mindlessly perform these tasks in this forum on a daily basis.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#642957 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, ole chap.
Here, this is the commandments Jesus was referring to:
Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Not the 10 commandments......
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)...that was jesus speaking there btw
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#642958 Jul 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Voltaire.

"Religion was born when the first charlatan met the first fool on the Earth,"
Voltaire had many quotes I'd like to claim as my own:

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one:'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Of all religions, the Christian should of course inspire the most tolerance, but until now Christians have been the most intolerant of all men.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#642959 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To learn, first and foremost.
But also to teach.
When I see an atheist use words like "poof", I just gotsta correct them.
Unfortunately, most Topix atheists seem to be so hard-headed or brainwashed in their ways to learn anything new.
Teaching requires patience and a willingness to answer questions without attacking the questioner, or copping-out by calling them stupid without answering the questions.

What do you mean about atheists not being willing to learn anything new? Are you referring to religious dogma?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#642960 Jul 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Quantum physics in one's reflection in a windowpane.
I cannot recommend the thing highly enough.
"We Need to Talk About Kelvin". Marcus Chown.
When you first mentioned this book in WINLAC the other day, I added it also....but I wanted to return the gesture, with another physics book that I thought was an interesting read as well.

I'm by all means, am NOT any scholar or even a scientist, but I did manage to hold onto the fundamental concepts of this book.

Dr. William Tiller's "Science and Human Transformation: Subtle Energies, Intentionality and Consciousness"
- the experiments he exhibits and comments upon, to me, give our minds a new playing field that adds to the old one.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Human-Transform...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#642961 Jul 19, 2013
I think I need to correct myself with that last post, I think Mac supplied that title of the book, in this forum not WINLAC. Sorry.

Does it really matter though, as long as it was conveyed, right?

:o)

Thanks again Mac.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642962 Jul 19, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching requires patience and a willingness to answer questions without attacking the questioner, or copping-out by calling them stupid without answering the questions.
What do you mean about atheists not being willing to learn anything new? Are you referring to religious dogma?
No. I don't know how many times I've explained to atheists here how they are wrong when they say stuff like "God poofed the universe into existence". I'll repeat myself a thousand times, give them links, quote the Bible itself where it says God "created", He didn't poof anything.

But their brainwashed minds can't seem to comprehend.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642963 Jul 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)...that was jesus speaking there btw
The laws have not become invalid, they just aren't valid to everyone. Like I've said, Leviticus was specifically written for the Levites.

Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it."

"Until John". This meant that only the Jews were allowed and required to follow God's laws. After Jesus, everyone could.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#642964 Jul 19, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/health/flo-meil...

A 79 year old woman doing track and field?

I get out of breath thinking about running.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#642965 Jul 19, 2013
whack job waaasssuuup wrote:
i can answer this question - no mystery here.
The timing of this post after Reverend Alan's How to Think Like a Fundie list is absolutely priceless. It's no mystery this certifiable whack job thinks he can explain the damn bible to rational people who understand organized religion is a hoax.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#642966 Jul 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/ health/flo-meiler-senior-games /index.html?hpt=hp_t3
A 79 year old woman doing track and field?
I get out of breath thinking about running.
Don't forget to put your shoes on first.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#642967 Jul 19, 2013
ok..since you won't let this go...let me show you how this works. In cost/effect analysis (which is how they got those stats) here's what occurs...
We take a sample group..and I'm gonna use small numbers..cause you're gonna need something real easy to understand...Please remember...these are hypothetical numbers I am using only as an EXAMPLE on how Cost/Effect Analysis works...

1) We take sample Group of 10 drug Abusers
2) Add all costs expended by the government for one month that were directly related to the drug abuse by the 10 in our sample group
3) Take that total cost expended by the government and divide it by 10 for an average cost per/month/abuser.
4) Now we determine the total cost of rehab for one 28 day program for one individual
5) If the average cost expended =$7500.00 per/mo per abuser and the average cost of rehab for one abuser is $2500.00 then we have a 3/1 ratio. From this, we can determine that for every $1.00 spent on rehab...we would save $3.00 in cost expended for that month.

It is understood by the person or group performing the analysis that this savings is completely dependent on the idea that rehab works. If it doesn't then clearly, we have lost the $2500.00 spent...but if it does work...not only have we saved $7500.00 for that month...we will save it for remainder of that addicts life...should they stay clean.

This is an excellent idea and certainly appears to be the most cost effective...so why wouldn't we do it? Because we have to also look at whether or not rehab actually works. If it does...then of course...we should pour our money into it. Long term results would be amazing both monetarily and for the betterment of society as a whole. But when you look at all of the statistics regarding rehab, you have to question if you're really going to save and just how effective your program actually is. When only around 11% of the total population of abusers are going to rehab...and 40% to 60% of the abusers relapse after 6 months of rehab...how cost effective is it really?

First...the analysis is based on the cost for the government for the patient's treatment, which we figured at $2500.00 (this was a one time fee for a 28 day program). What about the cost to the government to employ and run the facility? Let's look at that.

First let's say we spend $100,000.00 building a rehab center in a highly populated drug community. Then, let's assume at least $70,000/mo in employee wages, and that's just if we employ only one of the necessary staff for a good rehab center.(That's actually unrealistic too because we would have to employee more than one of many of these people to assure adequate staff)

I can provide with a list of necessary staff and the average monthly salary for each if this seems unrealistic to you.

Now we still have to pay for utilities, supplies, food, medication, and I have no idea how ridiculously expensive that would be...but we'll guess on the low, low side, around $60,000/mo, considering the inflated price of healthcare supplies.

So..now we're looking at the government spending around $130,000.00 per month on a facility that currently only 11% of the total population of drug abusers are using,$25,000.00/mo to rehabilitate a group of 10 of which statistics tell us only 5 will actually stay clean, all in the hopes of saving $7500.00/mo on each user.

The idea is great and if just 1/2 of the total population of drug abusers would attend rehab, instead of only 11% and even if only 1/2 of those who go actually stop using drugs...it would be worth it.

However, since our current stats show that rehab as it currently stands is only being used by 11% of the total population of drug users...then clearly we need to rethink how we're conducting it and put something in place that will increase that number before spending $130,000/mo (and that's just for on one center) for only a very small group of people.

That's reality...

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#642968 Jul 19, 2013
That post was meant for TIMN....:)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#642969 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>And?

At the time it was written, it was correct.
Bummer that god couldn't write a book for all times.

I guess we can finally scrap that ancient bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 min Peter Ross 447,394
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min ffj 71,515
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min kent 699,388
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 39 min Doctor REALITY 14
School Fails Girl For Believing In God 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Dang Jersey Piney 96