|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
I know. Clearly the jury bought his story. I don't, and even if martin did attack first and give him those tiny scratches I don't believe zimmerman was justified in killing him.

You're right, we will never know exactly what happened, but based on the facts, to me, zimmerman did something wrong. He got off, and that's that, but it doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong.
I don't know if Zimmerman received any Neighborhood Watch training. If he had been advised not to be armed or confront suspicious characters then he should have been convicted, but not of the charges filed against him.

This case demonstrated the need for improved Neighborhood Watch training. It also demonstrated the hypocrisy of the media in reporting a non-black on black crime as if they were trying to provoke a race war.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
The trial is over, move along people.
It looks like they were arguing about it all night...
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
I guarantee you if martin was a little white kid and zimmerman was a black guy, not a single one of you would be defending zimmerman.
I disagree because both Zimmerman and Martin were out of control. Martin could have easily avoided any physical confrontation with Zimmerman. It will be interesting to learn whether Martin responded with violence because he had one of those lovely anti-whitey racist reverends.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
Double Fine really want to thank all of those participating in the Zimmerman debate. It made for easy scrolling.
Nelson Mandela is 95 today! Happy Birthday, Tata. This will almost certainly be his last. Arguably the greatest humanist of the last century?
Anyways. Double Fine last night spoke to a lady whom opinion he covets more than anybody else's, and he discussion came to Christianity. Now, said lady was never a Christian, therefore does not feel the same oppression most of us all have felt, nor has she experienced the anger at being duped for so many years. In effect, her stance on Christianity is the soberest I have ever seen.
Her point was this. The Bible is NOT a book of fiction. The Bible is a book of myths. I did not realise there is a difference, but upon further thought, it makes very good sense.
What is the difference between a fiction and a myth? Well, it takes one writer to write a fiction. But it takes an entire civilisation to write myths. A fiction writer and his audience knows that he is writing fiction. With a myth, sometimes both the writer and the audience believes the mythical account is the most plausible explanation for the world as we see it today.
The hard fact is, Christianity is part of my roots. I was born into the system, went to Sunday school and only after much thought (and much knowledge gained), did I abolish the idea of a god-belief.
So I believe the mythical accounts and figures in the Bible can still have their place in mythological circles. I would look upon the Abrahamic deity the same way I would look upon Zeus, Odin or Ra. We should not let the mythology die.
That being said, to incorporate a work of obvious mythology and use it as religious doctrine is an idea I find ridiculous and absurd. To make war in the name of any specific deity is an idea I find perverse and evil. To try and make laws based on the will of this deity is blatantly stupid.
So Christians, we do not want to take your deity or Bible away. It is as much part of our roots as yours. We just regard your deity in a different light than you do.
Well said, my good friend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, 5' 1" and 97 lbs is skinny and frail. Compared to me Trayvon is the Hulk.
5'1"....?

97lbs...?

Dayum...

I'm like two of you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
ZIMMERMAN WAS AN ALMOST 30 YEAR OLD WHITE HISPANIC
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

"White Hispanic"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
If the god thinks it doesn't believe it has a creator, it is an atheist. There's no way around it.
Is that so?

How have you come to this conclusion?
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
I know the OJ jurist were racist, but mostly white. Strange.
It's truly strange that you post definitively wrong statements in coming to unjustifiable positions then never have the guts to admit your wrong. You're a moron with a humongous ego and should be shunned by everyone.

For the record, Fuhrman didn't have an opportunity to plant evidence. The racist jury was predominantly black and the defense played the race card to get an obviously guilty client off.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

The Jury By Race: 9 Blacks, 1 Hispanics, 2 Whites

The Jury By Sex: 10 Women, 2 Men

Some other facts about the final jury:

(1) None regularly read a newspaper, but eight regularly watch tabloid TV shows,

(2) five thought it was sometimes appropriate to use force on a family member,

(3) all were Democrats,

(4) five reported that they or another family member had had a negative experience with the police,

(5) nine thought that Simpson was less likely to be a murderer because he was a professional athlete.

The racial composition of the initial jury pool differed considerably from the racial compostion of the final jury. The pool was 40% white, 28% black, 17% Hispanic, and 15% Asian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have not been paying attention
I'm so broke, I can't even *pay* attention.

HA!

Get it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.*you* have given he defintion of magic. The Genesis account -in particular, the serpent/snake story, fits no natural law.
Therefore, magic was involved, as per your definition.
No. You mean it involves no natural law or explanation that we know of.

This is how the atheists seem to see it - I f we can't explain it,***magic***.
Also. Cursed the snake in a natural way? So god cursed the snake 200 million years ago to evolve into a snake, and to offer Eve an apple after 199 million years of evolution?
Play your definition game... Magic is all it is ever going to be
In your oh-so-closed mind, sure.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
HERE IS THE THING. HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, GOD SAYS SO.
No one should be surprised that this especially revolting religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic evolution and death denying cowardly fundiseased redneck godbot with pig shit for brains is a homophobic azzhole without any socially redeemable qualities.

Your imaginary friend has never uttered a single word. No one should respond to this stark raving mad insane lunatic ever again.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
That's why OJ got away with it, the police tainted the evidence.
The defense wanted the jury to believe that ALL of the blood evidence was tainted. It was a ludicrous argument, but the jury desperately wanted to believe that ALL of the blood evidence was tainted.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume at some point when you were at the church, you were paying tithes. 10% of so I presume? And okay, after all your "soul searching" or whatever, you concluded Christianity is nonsense, and so you left the church.
So, what happened to those tithes? If you had decided "Christianity is nonsense, I'm not paying for this scam", why didn't you decide further "Okay, from now on, I'm not paying to the church, but I'll start my own 10% saving and make an impact my own way, since I still care deeply for humanity"?
You could've done that. But you didn't. And you are not a lawyer, and there's not much rights left to fight for in South Africa even if you were. How many rallies for rights did you attend, at least as a minion holding a placard?
And this is where your credibility goes, especially in the third world. Many people observing just look at, for example, what a prominent Christian is doing. An observer looks at perhaps the Christians frugal lifestyle (I'm talking about one of these proper Christians), or how much he forsakes to help others, the sacrifices, the basic but crucial life skills he imparts on others. Such an observer can be taken aback and think "If this is what Christianity turned that man into, I want to become a Christian". They overlook the many things that don't make sense, and focus on the effort.
You can't just be crying secular humanism. You have to get down to the basics and put your money where you claim your ideals are. That's one thing I admire about Richard Dawkins. Sure, I disagree with a lot of what he says, but he has his own foundation and he is putting his own money into the secular humanistic endeavours he claims to believe in.
I never gave that much whilst a churchgoer. Always gave one of the shiny coins. Now, I actually give a lot more. But to seperate charities. I give to PAP (the anti-poaching folks), sometimes to a children's home near me, mostly to the shark convervation projects. Do I keep the account seperate? No.

What I like about this, is I get allocate where the money goes. I am not buying a preacher a Mercedes SL or Toyota Prado. I am not paying for sermons to people, telling them how great a certain mythology is.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

True Bullshit wrote:
Moreover, humans will never completely be logical, since humans are emotional beings as well.
No brainwashed religious godbot is capable of being logical regarding their cult's dogma or they'd abandon their self-degrading cultist lifestyle. You'll never be man enough to be logical, kid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, my good friend.
Thank you, kind sir

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

WTF?

I get up this morning and there are actually some intelligent and rational discussions going on.

Nah.. I must still be asleep.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Zimmerman received any Neighborhood Watch training. If he had been advised not to be armed or confront suspicious characters then he should have been convicted, but not of the charges filed against him.
This case demonstrated the need for improved Neighborhood Watch training. It also demonstrated the hypocrisy of the media in reporting a non-black on black crime as if they were trying to provoke a race war.
Yo.

This side we have a very tragic shooting incident involving Oscar Pistorius, the Paralympic hero. I believe the general public are far to casual with a weapon capable of ending a life.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/1...

This ought to boost enrollment in the Catholic Church.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You mean it involves no natural law or explanation that we know of.
This is how the atheists seem to see it - I f we can't explain it,***magic***.
<quoted text>
In your oh-so-closed mind, sure.
Your first point is utterly stupid sorry to say. By saying that, we can call ANYTHING simply a natural law we do not yet understand. For example, Potter flies on a broom. "It is not magic, it is simply a natural law we donot yet understand." That is a ridiculously stupid argument.

Genesis 1 conforms to no natural law. Period. Much of it is defined as magic, as per your definition.

As for your second point: the fossil record shows snakes appearing 200 million years ago. Modern humans only 200,000. What natural law do you think we have wrong now?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
WTF?
I get up this morning and there are actually some intelligent and rational discussions going on.
Nah.. I must still be asleep.
You can thank the South Africans on the thread

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

782 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 3 min Richies Cool Man Diary 66
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min waaasssuuup 599,075
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 172,358
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Liam 532,693
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min shyam 4,695
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 224,150
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 23 min Uzi 36,513
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Hate troublemaking arabs 115,055
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min WasteWater 256,476
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••