Prove there's a god.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#642745 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang.
Even my 90 year old mother finally got a cell phone in case her power went out.
Land lines are going the way of the dinosaur.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#642746 Jul 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, some random characters inserted themselves in the link. Here:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

If it doesn't work again, just search google for "bible gateway 1 corinthians 7 ASV."

Also, I thought the KJV was evil? Now you are using it when it suits your purposes? Or is it only RR who hates it, and you're fine with it?
Your link worked for me.

But reading it made my brain hurt.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642747 Jul 19, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I think the claim that it was indeed a snake which tempted Adam and Eve, was probably made up to scare people into not going near snakes, as they are poisonous and unpredictable.
Not all of them.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642748 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>If like to see this one added:
http://m908.photobucket.com/image/bullshit%20...
I'd.

Not if.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#642749 Jul 19, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to have hands, feet, and vocal chords....and of course a fully developed brain with speech capability, but god got mad at it.
Exactly! And since it is only a natural law yet to be discovered, it is not magic! Brillant, eh?

#642750 Jul 19, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Has thou forsaken the FSM?
Sadly, I have. I have decided that the TRUE god, is the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel. Not much is known about the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel, except:

1) He is Mysterious
2) He is Cheesy
3) He is a Weasel

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#642751 Jul 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! And since it is only a natural law yet to be discovered, it is not magic! Brillant, eh?
*helpless laughter*

Here's my day so far, DF.

I got up when the alarm went off.
Put the coffee on and made lunch.
Showered, shaved, and dressed for work.
I was driving out the community gate when I realized the radio was playing the wrong programme.
Checked my 'phone.

It's only Friday.

I don't work on Fridays.

I'll have another mojito, please.

ROFL.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#642752 Jul 19, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obfuscating and throwing in a bunch of unnecessary definitions. Nothing debunks logic.
Now, logically prove your god and stop playing word games. Is that easy enough for you to understand?
Empirical proof will do (logic). Just ask your god to do it. According to your bible, you can do it. Ask and it will happen. Your god promises. I'll wait.
Well, maybe not. I'm usually too busy.
So you think Naturalism is "logic"?? haha.

#642753 Jul 19, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the claim that it was indeed a snake which tempted Adam and Eve, was probably made up to scare people into not going near snakes, as they are poisonous and unpredictable.
Yo amigo.

Snakes play a huge part in religion - they are sometimes seen as evil, sometimes worshipped as gods. It is as you say - firstly, they are strange creatures. They have an odd way of moving about, no other animal on earth move the way they do. Also, they can employ chemical warfare against their prey and enemies. The venomous snakes can sometimes give one bite and the victim dies. This certainly did puzzle the ancients. Now, some folks decided it must be evil, some decided it must be a god... And they all wrote stories about it.

#642754 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Last Resort, too.
Papa Roach?

#642755 Jul 19, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>Who would be these others that have told me things. If I flew to mars, it would be me telling you about my experience and not others. You have no clue about me, so you can only pull tit from the fat on your behind.
You can not prove a thing about the Bible, except that if you accept Jesus you will be saved. Really, the Bible tells you to drink Draino? Now, that is odd because no Bible says a thing about that. The Bible tells you that Christians are healed by Jesus, but that does not mean that Christians are to go out and get sick. Are you really that stupid?
There are doctors who can do brain surgery, so that does not mean that you taking your brain out and not using it is a good idea. Doctors can cure and save lives, but that does not mean that the medical profession wants you to drink Draino to pull them.
I have had God and His angels rescue me from worse. Sorry, the enemy is satan and he comes to kill, steal and destroy, God does not tell us to destroy ourselves and then seek to be rescued. God says that if these things shall happen and you have the FAITH then God will save you. Many Christians do not have the faith.
Exactly what pews do I warm and when my I.Q. drops below 150, then I will come see you. However, your failure to address scientific related singularities, quantum mechanism and the relativity of laws of physics within black holes, is duly noted.
If you can not measure these micro-mechanism things which are within our physical realm, what makes you think your failed cubicle brain can quantify the supernatural and mechanisms outside of this dimension?
Nice myth

#642756 Jul 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Land lines are going the way of the dinosaur.
Evolving into birds?

“Proud Member”

#642757 Jul 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo.
Snakes play a huge part in religion - they are sometimes seen as evil, sometimes worshipped as gods. It is as you say - firstly, they are strange creatures. They have an odd way of moving about, no other animal on earth move the way they do. Also, they can employ chemical warfare against their prey and enemies. The venomous snakes can sometimes give one bite and the victim dies. This certainly did puzzle the ancients. Now, some folks decided it must be evil, some decided it must be a god... And they all wrote stories about it.
Thought you might like this program.
I was alarmed to hear as many as 20,000 people are killed a year in Africa by snakes. I am like gee wiz, and we worry about half that figure murdered by guns in the states. Which brings me to the conclusion , Africa needs to ban snakes.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1321600279/

“Proud Member”

#642758 Jul 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolving into birds?
Well mobile phones can fly/

#642759 Jul 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*helpless laughter*
Here's my day so far, DF.
I got up when the alarm went off.
Put the coffee on and made lunch.
Showered, shaved, and dressed for work.
I was driving out the community gate when I realized the radio was playing the wrong programme.
Checked my 'phone.
It's only Friday.
I don't work on Fridays.
I'll have another mojito, please.
ROFL.
Lol now that I can relate to. These days, I am losing my ability to know what day it is. Last Thursday morning I was sure it was only Tuesday.

Best bit: I have stopped drinking. Must be getting old

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#642760 Jul 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of them.
Well it's the best thing to assume, if one doesn't know anything about snakes. Regard them all as dangerous.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#642761 Jul 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I was alarmed to hear as many as 20,000 people are killed a year in Africa by snakes. I am like gee wiz, and we worry about half that figure murdered by guns in the states. Which brings me to the conclusion , Africa needs to ban snakes.
Well if you research the number of deaths on South African roads each year, you'd think South Africa needs to ban cars.

:)

#642762 Jul 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Africa has a lot of killers. The three big ones are AIDS, Malaria and war. They rotate for top spot annually.

Snakes, however, do kill their fair share. And the 20,000 people are only medically confirmed. I would expect even double that figure to be the true death toll.

We have some really bad ones. You know about the Black and Green Mamba, but we have some other very deadly ones too: The Cape Cobra, Egyptian Cobra, Gaboon Viper, Puff Adder, Sea Snake, Coral Snake, Zebra Snake, Mozambique Spitting Cobra, Rinkhals, Boomslang, Twig Snake and Forrest Cobra. Deadly beasties.

Problem is that treatment for sbakebite is not easy. Most bites from aforementioned snakes are to be treated using anti-venom (some species, like the boomslang, does not have anti-venom, you have to treat the symptoms). Problem with this is that anti-venom IS STILL HIGHLY TOXIC. If you were bitten by a cobra and use Mamba anti-venom, you still die. If you were bitten by a harmless snake and misidentified it as a deadly one, injecting yourself with any anti-venom woukd cost you your life.

And therein lies the big issue. Most people misidentify snakes. Also, snakes sometimes have roughly the same type of venom, meaning even a doctor can mistake the symptoms.

For example. The Black Mamba is a dark olive green to grey, and very long. It gets confused with a forrest cobra (also dark colour, also long) very easily. It also gets confused withthe harmless Mole Snake (2m long, blck). Then the Zebra Snake can look like a Rinkhals. The harmless bush snake can be misidentified as a boomslang. The Boomslang can be misidentified as green Mamba. Then, the Zebra Snake's toxin has much the same effect as The Puff Adder's. The Rinkhals with a cobra. And so the list goes on and on.

Here is a tip. When a snake bites you here or in Australia, KILL IT. Take it with you to hospital and have it correctly identified.

#642763 Jul 19, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you research the number of deaths on South African roads each year, you'd think South Africa needs to ban cars.
:)
Lol. Bush could very easily have attacked us, as he did Saddam. We *do* have a WMD. It called our roads...

#642764 Jul 19, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's the best thing to assume, if one doesn't know anything about snakes. Regard them all as dangerous.
Like I said. If you were bitten by snake you do not know, kill it, take it to hospital with you. Even you, living in SA, do you know how to tell the difference between a juvenile Black Mamba and your average Brown House Snake? Can you honestly tell the difference between the Tree Snake and the Boomslang?

Even me, that has lots of experience with them, I would rather take the snake along than stand a chance to misidentify it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 71,025
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min MUQ2 283,023
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 40 min MUQ2 783
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 56 min Jim 254
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,535
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr King Salim 45,627
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Internet Reality 618,858
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 658,878
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 5 hr gundee123 5,059
More from around the web