Prove there's a god.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#642503 Jul 18, 2013
JESUS: "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;

Jesus is liar and we all know it. That is not my opinion it is a fact. Name one amputee who has asked God in the name of Jesus for a new arm and got one.

The Bible is pure ignorance and lies and whosoever believes is deceived.

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642504 Jul 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
'Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.'
- Old and new testaments were originally published by 1978, and updated in 1984
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Internationa...
Since it was published int eh 20th C., it must've been translated by some ignorant, modern folks, huh?
Why would you think an edition - published 950 years after the supposed death of Jesus, is accurate?
You are not being logical.
Because humans -and societies- are much less ignorant than we were back then.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#642505 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
nanoanomaly translation of Jesus in Matt. 19:21,"The 'love' of money keeps the wealthy from loving God; if you love possessions more than anything else your love is pointless."
Who appointed you nanoanomaly to translate the words of Jesus for us?
Why is Jesus so stupid that he can't say what he really means?
Given the choice between your translation and the translations of the professionals who have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages I'll not go with you, that is for sure.
The truth is, you just don't like what Jesus is saying to you and you are grasping for any lie you can make up to get out of doing what Jesus CLEARLY tells you to do. Not just once but a dozen times.
If you pew warmers don't take the Bible seriously, how in the hell do you think you'll ever get us normal people to take it seriously?
Please do explain that.
"..... Us normal people....." That's rich Rev! Made me laugh.

Actually, nano was correct. That verse was intended to illustrate the stumbling blocks that many of us suffer from coveting our possessions.
What Jesus was telling the youngster was to give freely from the heart towards others and whatever profits that he received from the sale of his stuff he was to give to the poor, the needy and the fatherless rather than to friends and relatives who stood to possibly profit from it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642506 Jul 18, 2013
"...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5). God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642507 Jul 18, 2013
Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: and he had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642508 Jul 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh yes the unbiased scholars at the New York Bible Society....
The NIV translation took over ten years to compile, involved over a hundred scholars from around the world and involved several different denominations.

Compared to the KJV, done in six years by six English men under orders from their king with no worldly access and knowledge.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642509 Jul 18, 2013
Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642510 Jul 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text> That verse was intended to illustrate the stumbling blocks that many of us suffer from coveting our possessions.
What Jesus was telling the youngster was to give freely from the heart towards others and whatever profits that he received from the sale of his stuff he was to give to the poor, the needy and the fatherless rather than to friends and relatives who stood to possibly profit from it.
All you Christians appointing yourselves to tell us what Jesus really meant to say because apparently Jesus is too stupid to actually say what he meant.

Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);

nanoanomaly translation of Jesus in Matt. 19:21,"The 'love' of money keeps the wealthy from loving God; if you love possessions more than anything else your love is pointless."

Al Garcia's version of Jesus in Matt. 19:21: Give freely from the heart towards others and whatever profits that ye receive from the sale of your stuff; give to the poor, the needy and the fatherless but not to friends and relatives who stand to profit from it.

It is any wonder that there are 33,000 Christians sects that can not agree with one another? With each of you just making up anything at all and claiming it is what Jesus really meant, anything goes.

Dealing with Christians is like trying to push a rope or nailing jello to the wall.

You are all deceitful, deceptive and dishonest and you are all calling Jesus a liar and treating him like an imbecile who babbles and foams at the mouth totally divorced from reality and unable to say what he means.

This Christian dog and pony show has gone on far too long.

Since: May 11

UK

#642511 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The NIV translation took over ten years to compile, involved over a hundred scholars from around the world and involved several different denominations.
Compared to the KJV, done in six years by six English men under orders from their king with no worldly access and knowledge.
and yet there are missing verses and extra words in the NIV...not to mention the drastic reduction in numbers of people who happened to have been killed by your new 'god-lite'.

I don't even think the southern baptist convention will touch it will they?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642512 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642513 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because humans -and societies- are much less ignorant than we were back then.
You are just as ignorant today as they were back then.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642515 Jul 18, 2013
One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."

Yet, no amount of theological reasoning can make an inherently unjust idea seem right. Punishing billions of people for the acts of one is not only inherently unfair and unwarranted but also in opposition to other Biblical verses such as:

Deut. 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers.
2 Chron.25:54, "...:every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
2 Kings 14:6, "wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Ezek. 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bearthe iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

Ezek.33:20 "O ye house of Israel,I will judge you every one after his ways."

Jer. 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."

Rom. 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."

Ezek. 18:4 "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Each of these verses shows that every person should only be punished for those sins which he commits, not those of others.

Original sin makes about as much sense as if I were sitting at home one evening and the following occurred. The police came to my door and stated I was under arrest because my father in Europe just shot and killed someone. I responded by asking what that had to do with me and they said, "He's your father isn't he?"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642516 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you accept that it means what it says?
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
What is not clear about Jesus' words? And why do you Christians always appoint yourselves to tell us what God and Jesus really meant? Isn't Jesus and God et. al capable of saying what they mean?
Honestly I would not trust a word that comes out of your mouth about religion, the Bible and God because of how dishonest, deceptive and deceitful you have been here.
Ugh... You're indoctrination is extreme. Let me see if I can help.

Jesus was speaking directly to His disciples, 12 men. Not just anyone that would listen.

Being Jesus' disciple was bringing hostility with families. His disciples needed to be strong enough to not let that interfere with their preaching.

Genesis 29:30-1

And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.

Here, "hated" is clearly used the same as with one who is loved less.

Jesus is quite clear about loving each other and loving your family.

In the context of Luke 14:26, Jesus is meaning to love your family less than Him.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#642517 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that so?
How have you come to this conclusion?
Hey!!!! My birth certificate states I'm Caucasian.
I'm a white Mexican. Hell..... I can't even say "yo quiero un taco y una cerveza fria" in an Antonio Banderas accent. I have to sound Anglo now.....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#642518 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Good question, what with 233 versions in English alone.
RR is the final arbiter of the only acceptable version.

I await his response so I may be enlightened.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#642519 Jul 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Prolly will now, though... eventually.
It's been appended to the list.
<quoted text>
I've never known Mac's recommendations to not be worth the effort involved in pursuing them.
What have you learned so far, 50 pages in?
Wait till he gets to the bit about the three-particle conundrum. That crossed my eyes, even.

Laffin'.

And thank you for the compliment.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642520 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is not teaching a new commandment of hating people. He is teaching about the cost of following Him.
The clue is in Luke 14:33 when Jesus says:

“In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”

It’s about what we must be prepared to do to follow Jesus. It’s about giving up everything, even our very lives for Him. He doesn’t say,“by doing this you will get into heaven”. Jesus clearly teaches that through faith in Him we have eternal life (John 3:16). Through His death on the cross, we have the forgiveness of sins (Romans 6:23).

However, as His followers, are we willing to place Him in first position and place the most important people in our lives in second place?

He is not saying that you do it literally but you must be prepared to put everything else second. So if your parent forbids you from following him then you must disobey them and so on.

Thankfully many of us have never been put in a situation where we have had to choose between Christ and our loved ones. But imagine if you had been captured by religious terrorists and they demand that you deny Christ or watch one of your friends die what would you choose? Jesus is saying you must choose him.

Hope that helps explain it. Glad you asked, thanks for making me stronger on the Lord.
Well, if that's what he meant, why didn't he just say that?

Jeezus.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#642521 Jul 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet there are missing verses and extra words in the NIV...not to mention the drastic reduction in numbers of people who happened to have been killed by your new 'god-lite'.
I don't even think the southern baptist convention will touch it will they?
That is exactly right.[God-lite was funny, LOL!] Many newer versions don't use the word slave either for the same reason,and have changed it to bondman to make God more acceptable to modern society. However all one has to do is read the Bible to know that slaves are being talked about.

All of the following verses show the God of the Bible sanctioned, indeed, instituted slavery--the absence of liberty. "Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)." (In order to minimize the Bible's support for slavery, the King James translators used "servant" instead of "slave" in this verse and others. The RSV translators used "bondman." Any knowledgeable authority knows slaves are being discussed, and several versions, e.g. the NWT and Living Bible, are honest enough to admit as much.)
But to continue: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)." "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)." "I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)" (See also: Ex. 21:2-6, Deut. 15:12, 28:68, and Jer.27:8,12).

Apologists attempted to gloss over the situation by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)." "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)." "Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)." "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)." Paul not only sanctions slavery but equates serving one's master with serving God. To serve one faithfully is to serve the other faithfully. Peter agrees with Paul: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#642522 Jul 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
These two editions - the earliest on record - don't have the resurrection Codex Sinaiticus and Vaticanus.
here is a link to the Sinaiticus.
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0
Here is a link to various downloads of the Vaticanus.
http://archive.org/details/CodexVaticanusbFac...
It appears you haven't researched the longer ending in Mark 16 to truly understand what you write about.
Another ancient text, the GoJudas, also doesn't speak of any resurrection either.
But you don't want to here about these things, as they dismiss your belief as valid.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
Sorry, I read the Bible, not the Codex. Good luck with that, no wonder you are confused.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#642523 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I think that number's a bit high, but that's not my point.

My point is that the KJV is a terribly inaccurate translation. It was translated by only 6 British men in only 3 years. They claimed to have translated it directly from Greek, but they translated in in 1607-1610 and England had NO Greek manuscripts until 1628.

They made it the way King James wanted it, not the way it's supposed to be.

Atheists and skeptics just adore the KJV. Little do they know they're quoting an incorrect translation.
I usually check multiple translations.

I haven't really found any glaring differences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 4,588
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 min Johnny 3,066
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Porkpie Hat 271,398
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 9 min LMH1983 47
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Here For Now 612,211
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 27 min zighoda 66
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min waaasssuuup 590,666
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min gundee123 100,072
More from around the web