|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe the story of original sin is accurate.
I believe it because I believe God is not constrained by natural law.
It's not my snake story. The serpent wasn't a snake. For God to curse a snake to be a snake is illogical.
Magic is defined as the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
So there you go. Science shows us the natural law of evolution, and explain the law of evolution with the Theory of Evolution. The theory clearly shows snakes evolving from reptiles around two hundred million years ago. Hence, any other explanation for snakes existing, such as the Genesis account, is a supernatural one.

That means although you abhor the term, you are implying that magic was used in the origin of snakes.

Does this compute?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions are dogma based indoctrination systems not faith based belief systems. Your off topic compulsive proselytizing isn't welcomed. You're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately, kid.
Poor Pomona.

His rants are falling on deaf ears here, and frustrating him. He gets al emotional. Just going to get worse when he dies.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait for it....
"I dunno. Therefore, God."
Wrong.

But hey, that book finally came in, I'm about 50 pages into it.

Quote interesting, thank you.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have your limited perspectives of what is and what ain't and the measurement of time.
You are geared to think of life as individual components measured by revolutions around the sun. These components replicate themselves to continue a certain pattern of life. You think individually as one of those replicated pieces of stellar doodoo. You miss the significance of the whole.
You have individual cells replicating within you. Yet you are the life, right? You pay lip service to the concept of mankind yet you fail to see you are just part of a larger consciousness. You see bees and ants, yet you can't believe you are part of a greater consciousness.
The species has a common DNA, just as the cells in your body. Your individual configuration does the same purpose as differences in cellular DNA does. It makes the whole work.
This can be carried down to the very beginning of life. You have common building blocks.
Your dividing is what gives the appearance of differentiation, when in fact you are just part of a larger process.
That serpent turning into a snake in one generation is just from your perspective. Back to your cells. You will have many modifications, and adaptations in them in the course of your life. You will understand that better when you get older. The newer ones may consider the older ones dinosaurs.
It is a matter of perspective, puppy.
Did not really read your post, old Dave, you have to excuse me.

I think I have the gist, though: ghostmagic, magnets, EM forces, everything a teacher tells you is a lie, mass/energy thingamajiggles and people riding on dinosaurs.

Gotcha

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read all of his posts. I do a lot more reading than posting. He takes a hard-line approach, but it's not irrational.
Your opinion of my rationality really has no bearing, I'm not the one claiming that the universe was created by magic, Hellloooooo.
Ok.

What is your claim, on the orgin of the universe and how humans come into existence?
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
The theory of evolution requires the absence of thinking, or the mind of a person less than the age of 12.
The blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecile never ceases to amaze. The evolution denying godbot is amongst the most ignorant on the face of the earth and an outright disgrace to the human race.

Evolution is common sense to ALL rational people. The fossil and genetic evidence in support of evolution is irrefutable. Modern organisms have evolved from ancestral organisms and continue to change.

Creationism isn't science and has absolutely no basis in reality. Brainwashed Christian godbots who have been programmed to mindlessly accept juvenile creationist mythology have the intellectual capacity of mentally retarded children.

Congratulations! You proved in just one exceptionally inane post that you're one of the most retarded and revolting braiwashed godots to ever post in this forum and should be totally ashamed of yourself, kid.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The article say's...
"The two Ugandan-backed movements routinely enslave pygmies to forage for forest food and prospect for minerals, a UN official said.
Hunters returning empty-handed were killed and eaten.
Cannibalism has re-emerged throughout eastern Congo as the last vestiges of colonial influence have been eroded during the war. Much of the vast forested area is controlled by the Mayi-Mayi, a loose grouping of tribal militias united by their magical beliefs and taste for human flesh."
Primitive religions with the sheer stupidity of magical beliefs.
But hunger is the main requisite.
I think it's more about the fact that they are too damned lazy to till a plot of soil to feed themselves; cannibalism is so much quicker and easier.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
Same sex marriage is persecution
Congratulations! You just demonstrated that you're also one of the most repugnant self-righteous Christian bigots to ever post in this forum. You can take your unconscionable prejudices and shove them up your redneck ass.

Blissfully ignorant and bigoted piles of shit like you are a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human and a complete waste of a sperm cell without a single socially redeemable quality, punk.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>To what imaginary people are you referring?
Yours.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not really read your post, old Dave, you have to excuse me.
I think I have the gist, though: ghostmagic, magnets, EM forces, everything a teacher tells you is a lie, mass/energy thingamajiggles and people riding on dinosaurs.
Gotcha
Poor Double Fine.

This cult of Double Fine you are cultivating is very amusing in bars and places like this, but like bars and places like this you will always have some meanie laughing at you. Gets worse further up the line.

Quit regurgitating what you were programmed to think to impress others and start thinking on your own. As an engineer you should very well understand the significance of what I posted. Just think of how you can impress if you just develop that more. Right now you are just dazzling with bullshit.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight before using examples.
(((According to a sworn deposition taken in November 2010, Marissa Alexander's husband, Rico Gray, 36, said that on August 1, 2010, he and Alexander began fighting after he found text messages to Alexander's first husband on her phone. The two were already estranged - according to her father, Alexander had been living at her mother's since the birth of the couple's daughter nine days earlier, and Gray, a long-haul trucker, said he spent the night before in his tractor-trailer. Gray began calling her names, saying "If I can't have you, nobody going to have you," and blocking her from exiting the bathroom.
Alexander pushed past Gray and went into the garage where she got her gun from her car's glove compartment.
Gray told prosecutors in the deposition that Alexander came back into the house holding the weapon and told him to leave. He refused, and what happened next is somewhat unclear. In his deposition, Gray said "she shot in the air one time," prompting him and the children to run out the front door. But when Gray called 911 the day of the incident, he said "she aimed the gun at us and she shot."
In August 2011, a judge rejected a motion by Alexander's attorney to grant her immunity under the "Stand your Ground" law. According to the judge's order, "there is insufficient evidence that the Defendant reasonably believed deadly force was needed to prevent death or great bodily harm to herself," and that the fact that she came back into the home, instead of leaving out the front or back door "is inconsistent with a person who is in genuine fear for her life.")))
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/...
The only way I can see her NOT going back in the house would be if the children were NOT still in the house with HIM. I's run back in to flush him out too if I was in that position. If she had stayed out he might have decided to take the children hostage as revenge against her. Guys who employ the, "If I can't have, nobody can.", tactic are capable of anything including terrorizing innocent children. After all, if Gray cared about those kids even the tiniest bit he wouldn't be threatening to kill their mother and, thereby, leaving them orphans.

She sounds like a true mama tiger, too bad the judge was a dumbass.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my snake story. The serpent wasn't a snake. For God to curse a snake to be a snake is illogical.
Magic is defined as the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
now your god follows logic?

he does seem to bounce around a lot in order to actually be able to exist doesn't he?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what makes you think that?
The bible says so.

You actually used to accept this point, but you have recently changed your tactic to "god has his limits" to avoid the glaring logical contradictions caused by an all powerful god.

We can quote verses back and forth, but we both know that will be pointless. I'll find a verse that says god is all knowing and all powerful, and you will find one that says he throws poop at his enemies. A fruitless exercise.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT.
You conveniently omitted the fact that Zimmerman stopped chasing Martin and agreed to meet the police. The tragic incident wouldn't have happened if Zimmerman hadn't chased Martin or Martin hadn't reengaged Zimmerman after the chase ended. The jury came to the right verdict given the law, the instructions from the judge and the actions of both individuals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't constrained by natural law, but he doesn't use magic, which is defined as influencing events via supernatural forces.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The article say's...
"The two Ugandan-backed movements routinely enslave pygmies to forage for forest food and prospect for minerals, a UN official said.
Hunters returning empty-handed were killed and eaten.
Cannibalism has re-emerged throughout eastern Congo as the last vestiges of colonial influence have been eroded during the war. Much of the vast forested area is controlled by the Mayi-Mayi, a loose grouping of tribal militias united by their magical beliefs and taste for human flesh."
Primitive religions with the sheer stupidity of magical beliefs.
But hunger is the main requisite.
The pygmies used to be notorious for feasting on human flesh in the past. I still think some of the cannibalism going on there is based on revenge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's more about the fact that they are too damned lazy to till a plot of soil to feed themselves; cannibalism is so much quicker and easier.
Easier being a relative term.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's your projecting and interpretation of my post that makes you think that, and assume i am saying this Atheist is one, "only" because of his anger. Which is absurd, because an Atheist becomes an Atheist by choice. His rants and anger are a personaly problem,IMO.
<quoted text>
Read the above.
<quoted text>
I may have worded that wrong. So let me correct myself here.
You or anyone for that matter, doesn't have to respect "my belief" in God. I am not asking that, but "we" should "respect" the rights of others to believe what they choose to believe. Respect them as a person, show courtesy. Is it hard for you to show respect to another human, apart from what they believe?
Yes, i can respect "you", that you think that it's made up bs, etc etc.. Now do i agree with your opinion of my belief? No, of course not, but you have that right to believe that, as do i have my right to believe what i do.
I'm not atheist by choice. I'm atheist based on evidence, or lack of it.

I have no problem with anyone's beliefs(that's the American way) until it spills over into society where zealots take it upon themselves to decide what's good for the rest of us.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

God wrote:
Every body who believes in god is a selfish person, a person who can not accept that after death that is it.
Religious addiction naturally leads to extreme narcissism as the likes of the mentally retarded Riverside Redneck demonstrate in this forum on a daily basis. After all, these brainwashed sociopaths have convinced themselves that they have a personal relationship with the mythical creator of the universe. It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on religious brainwashing and the sooner the better.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You conveniently omitted the fact that Zimmerman stopped chasing Martin and agreed to meet the police. The tragic incident wouldn't have happened if Zimmerman hadn't chased Martin or Martin hadn't reengaged Zimmerman after the chase ended. The jury came to the right verdict given the law, the instructions from the judge and the actions of both individuals.
...whose testimony do we have that Zimmerman stopped following Martin?

We certainly have the time of the call in which Martin was engaged when he allegedly asks Zimmerman "What are you following me for?" before the line goes dead.

I say again if somce local Judge Dredd wannabe decides to ask me to give an account of myself in the absence of any lawful authority I dare say I'd have given him the same as Martin gave Zimmerman.

...although that's unlikely, I'm not young, male and black.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 609,601 - 609,620 of717,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

454 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Hidingfromyou 530,306
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Hidingfromyou 223,278
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min Hidingfromyou 93,245
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min WasteWater 255,750
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,511
Best smooth chamber jazz in the world 32 min Senecus 5
How to know if you're a REAL Miami Heat fan 35 min Senecus 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 598,799
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••