Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not curse the snake, OMG!!
He cursed whatever the Serpent was.
Why would God curse a snake to be a snake?!
It appears that not a single 'biblical scholar' agrees with you...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to like some of The Who and Black Sabbath...but I never liked Deep Purple...Led Zeppelon was definitely my favorite...I'm a music lover though, so I listen to all genres...I grew up listening to those bands becuase my dad loved them...then they kinda grew on me. My husband was always like..."I don't know another person who knows every word to every song by James Taylor, Hank Williams Jr and Nazareth" ...because the genres were so different...But I do...I just love music!
You liked Nazareth??

I am stunned. On the US side, I am a big fan of Van Halen (Not technically US, but that is where he made name), Foreigner and Queensrˇche.

Oh! Listen to this!

Dream Theater - Pull me Under

Dream Theater is the Led Zep of today

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>What broken promise? People like you and atheists who come here, do your part daily in making that a promise. Same sex marriage is persecution, so perhaps you have come to see these things as expected. Did you feel the same way towards black African Christians wh were enslaved?
Sigh.

*hands Catcher white sheet*

Take care, old hoss

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
What is revealing as stroll through Topix is that all the posters who usually accuse posters of being racist, are the ones ignoring the Trayvon Martin verdict. This is in the face of four days of protests across the US, with the largest ones in New York, by mostly whites, Asians and Hispanics.
You know, Trayvon, the 17 year old little boy who was murdered and called a man, while the 21 year old white Menedez man was called a young boy.
Trayvon could not consent to a mutual combat with Zimmerman, an adult man, just like if Zimmerman wanted sex wit Trayvon, he could not consent to sex.
Well I'm in the UK(where I believe we had 67 murders by firearm last year) I'm sure there will be many of the right wingers in the southern states who can now simply substitute 'standing their ground' for 'lynching'.

When one stands ones ground it implies that one has no means of escape, in the way that the law in question is framed it does not appear to be designed to apply to an armed individual who pursues another unarmed individual and is confronted by that individual who would actually be in fear of their life by the very situation of being pursued.

Zimmerman:...He ran.
Zimmerman:...I don't know where this kid is

Zimmerman:
Could you have them call me and Iíll tell them where Iím at?[3:49]

911 dispatcher:
OK, thatís no problem.

911 dispatcher:
Are you following him?[2:24]
Zimmerman:
Yeah.[2:25]

911 dispatcher:
OK.
WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT.[2:26]

Much has been made of the fact that Zimmerman had cuts and scrapes...

If some jumped up failed police officer who had appointed himself as the local neighbourhood patrol accosted me and demanded that I subordinate myself to him simply because he said so then I'm pretty sure I'd have put some cuts and scrapes on him too.

The fact that Zimmermann had a gun appears to be the only qualifier to actually activate the defence of "standing your ground", a black woman who discharged a firearm over the head of her assailant was recently handed down a 20 year sentence, she should have killed him, she'd be free.

I'm pretty sure Zimmerman will head for a state which does not have 'stand your ground' laws, simply because it's the ideal way to mete out vigilante justice and get away with it.

The ideal test case will be when 2 people with semi automatics decide to stand their ground, then maybe everyone will she how absolutely stupid it is. Even the EDGE group who lobbied for it are now trying to deny any involvement.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You liked Nazareth??
I am stunned. On the US side, I am a big fan of Van Halen (Not technically US, but that is where he made name), Foreigner and Queensrˇche.
Oh! Listen to this!
Dream Theater - Pull me Under
Dream Theater is the Led Zep of today
They're good! I had never heard of them before. I have two teenagers, boy and girl. My son is into Rap and bands like Linkin Park and that kinda stuff and daughter is a pop/indie fanatic...so I usually listen to whatever they have turned wide open...depending on which one wins the battle..lol. Thank God for Beats is all I can say on that matter. anywayz...I'll have to check out some more of their stuff! Thanks for telling me about them!

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>What broken promise? People like you and atheists who come here, do your part daily in making that a promise. Same sex marriage is persecution, so perhaps you have come to see these things as expected. Did you feel the same way towards black African Christians wh were enslaved?
I didn't enslave anyone, my family never owned a slave. No slavery here since 1833, SO I COULD HARDLY CAMPAIGN FOR ITS ABOLITION AFTER THE FACT.

Same sex marriage is persecution? Of whom?

Sales of pork products are persecution? Lobster thermidor is persecution too?

You're not that special that a non believer should modify their life to placate you. Get over yourself!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>What you are saying is that after age 13 you started disrespecting your dad and disobeying him. The theory of evolution requires the absence of thinking, or the mind of a person less than the age of 12.
No. I'm saying that after age 12 most people learn to offer respect because it is right, not because daddy says so or for fear of punishment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
What is revealing as stroll through Topix is that all the posters who usually accuse posters of being racist, are the ones ignoring the Trayvon Martin verdict. This is in the face of four days of protests across the US, with the largest ones in New York, by mostly whites, Asians and Hispanics.
You know, Trayvon, the 17 year old little boy who was murdered and called a man, while the 21 year old white Menedez man was called a young boy.
Trayvon could not consent to a mutual combat with Zimmerman, an adult man, just like if Zimmerman wanted sex wit Trayvon, he could not consent to sex.
Leave it to you to bring sex into it. Forget I responded to you earlier, just realized it's you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You give up??? You should never give up Timn! What's going on?
On getting you to acknowledge the response I posted 3 times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm in the UK(where I believe we had 67 murders by firearm last year) I'm sure there will be many of the right wingers in the southern states who can now simply substitute 'standing their ground' for 'lynching'.
When one stands ones ground it implies that one has no means of escape, in the way that the law in question is framed it does not appear to be designed to apply to an armed individual who pursues another unarmed individual and is confronted by that individual who would actually be in fear of their life by the very situation of being pursued.
Zimmerman:
911 dispatcher:
OK, thatís no problem.
911 dispatcher:
Zimmerman:
911 dispatcher:
OK.
If some jumped up failed police officer who had appointed himself as the local neighbourhood patrol accosted me and demanded that I subordinate myself to him simply because he said so then I'm pretty sure I'd have put some cuts and scrapes on him too.
The fact that Zimmermann had a gun appears to be the only qualifier to actually activate the defence of "standing your ground", a black woman who discharged a firearm over the head of her assailant was recently handed down a 20 year sentence, she should have killed him, she'd be free.
I'm pretty sure Zimmerman will head for a state which does not have 'stand your ground' laws, simply because it's the ideal way to mete out vigilante justice and get away with it.
The ideal test case will be when 2 people with semi automatics decide to stand their ground, then maybe everyone will she how absolutely stupid it is. Even the EDGE group who lobbied for it are now trying to deny any involvement.
Yeah. The law is completely absurd. You're better off shooting to kill in stand your ground states than shooting to warn.

And I will never understand how you can stalk a child around a neighborhood, kill him, and then claim you were in fear of grievous bodily injury when you only have a few scrapes on you. Assuming Martin was some street fighting prodigy and zimmerman found himself outmatched, which I doubt, all he would have to do is cover up and take a few hits. I seriously doubt Martin would want to, or even have the capability of causing great physical harm in the few minutes (at the most) the fight would have lasted.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
They're good! I had never heard of them before. I have two teenagers, boy and girl. My son is into Rap and bands like Linkin Park and that kinda stuff and daughter is a pop/indie fanatic...so I usually listen to whatever they have turned wide open...depending on which one wins the battle..lol. Thank God for Beats is all I can say on that matter. anywayz...I'll have to check out some more of their stuff! Thanks for telling me about them!
Omg, you should do something about your son. Had the Bible had 11 commandments, the 11th would have been "thou shall not make or listen to rap music"

That song, can you believe, is from 1992, off the album "Images and Words". Dream Theater is brilliant. In terms of talent, no band has the same pedigree. They have the fastest base player (John Myung), fastest keyboardist (Jordan Rudess), fastest drummer (Used to be the legendary Mike Portnoy, now it is the incredible Mike Mangini), ninth fastest guitarist (The god, John Petrucci) and a vocalist with a four octave range (James Labrie). They are known for elaborate and over the top individual performances. They would play a song, live, and suddenly put in a five minute guitar solo. Why? Because they can.

Listen to these songs, also by Dream Theater

As I am
The Answer Lies Within
Endless Sacrifice
Under a glass moon
Constant Motion
Comfortably Numb (Floyd cover)
Honor thy Father
On the backs of angels
Octavarium

They seldom make a song less then 6 minutes in length. Most of their stuff is about 10-15 minutes of orgasmic instrumental mastery. Longest song? 42 minutes. I have never ever seen any band as intent on achieving perfection. They would do a three hour show, and nobody misses one note, nobody skips one beat. They are inhuman, and true metal gods.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't enslave anyone, my family never owned a slave. No slavery here since 1833, SO I COULD HARDLY CAMPAIGN FOR ITS ABOLITION AFTER THE FACT.
Same sex marriage is persecution? Of whom?
Sales of pork products are persecution? Lobster thermidor is persecution too?
You're not that special that a non believer should modify their life to placate you. Get over yourself!
Aleem Dar not giving Stuart Broad out is oppression against Australians...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that sometimes people eat other people just out of pure hate and not necessarily because they are hungry.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/jan/09/c...
Or maybe it's just revenge, power tripping.
The article say's...

"The two Ugandan-backed movements routinely enslave pygmies to forage for forest food and prospect for minerals, a UN official said.

Hunters returning empty-handed were killed and eaten.

Cannibalism has re-emerged throughout eastern Congo as the last vestiges of colonial influence have been eroded during the war. Much of the vast forested area is controlled by the Mayi-Mayi, a loose grouping of tribal militias united by their magical beliefs and taste for human flesh."

Primitive religions with the sheer stupidity of magical beliefs.
But hunger is the main requisite.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman:
911 dispatcher:
OK, thatís no problem.
911 dispatcher:
Zimmerman:
911 dispatcher:
OK.
You need to get your facts straight before using examples.

(((According to a sworn deposition taken in November 2010, Marissa Alexander's husband, Rico Gray, 36, said that on August 1, 2010, he and Alexander began fighting after he found text messages to Alexander's first husband on her phone. The two were already estranged - according to her father, Alexander had been living at her mother's since the birth of the couple's daughter nine days earlier, and Gray, a long-haul trucker, said he spent the night before in his tractor-trailer. Gray began calling her names, saying "If I can't have you, nobody going to have you," and blocking her from exiting the bathroom.

Alexander pushed past Gray and went into the garage where she got her gun from her car's glove compartment.

Gray told prosecutors in the deposition that Alexander came back into the house holding the weapon and told him to leave. He refused, and what happened next is somewhat unclear. In his deposition, Gray said "she shot in the air one time," prompting him and the children to run out the front door. But when Gray called 911 the day of the incident, he said "she aimed the gun at us and she shot."

In August 2011, a judge rejected a motion by Alexander's attorney to grant her immunity under the "Stand your Ground" law. According to the judge's order, "there is insufficient evidence that the Defendant reasonably believed deadly force was needed to prevent death or great bodily harm to herself," and that the fact that she came back into the home, instead of leaving out the front or back door "is inconsistent with a person who is in genuine fear for her life.")))

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/...

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>On getting you to acknowledge the response I posted 3 times.
What's the post numbers? I did respond to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the post numbers? I did respond to you.
641542 is the most recent.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree with that assertion - that most religious people probably confuse belief with faith.
But that is irrelevant. This is two people talking, you & I, not the atheist or religious community.
I've noticed that a lot if atheists do everything they can to shy away from using the word 'believe'. Is that due to they don't wanna be misunderstood as having faith?
Of that's so, let me be clear. I don't think you have faith in abiogenesis. I just think you believe it to be true - or at least you believe it to be more probable than God creating life. Yes?
rational skeptics evaluate

religitards believe

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence of abiogenesis, you are using the same belief I have in God.
but not equal

there is no evidence for a god

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight before using examples.
(((According to a sworn deposition taken in November 2010, Marissa Alexander's husband, Rico Gray, 36, said that on August 1, 2010, he and Alexander began fighting after he found text messages to Alexander's first husband on her phone. The two were already estranged - according to her father, Alexander had been living at her mother's since the birth of the couple's daughter nine days earlier, and Gray, a long-haul trucker, said he spent the night before in his tractor-trailer. Gray began calling her names, saying "If I can't have you, nobody going to have you," and blocking her from exiting the bathroom.
Alexander pushed past Gray and went into the garage where she got her gun from her car's glove compartment.
Gray told prosecutors in the deposition that Alexander came back into the house holding the weapon and told him to leave. He refused, and what happened next is somewhat unclear. In his deposition, Gray said "she shot in the air one time," prompting him and the children to run out the front door. But when Gray called 911 the day of the incident, he said "she aimed the gun at us and she shot."
In August 2011, a judge rejected a motion by Alexander's attorney to grant her immunity under the "Stand your Ground" law. According to the judge's order, "there is insufficient evidence that the Defendant reasonably believed deadly force was needed to prevent death or great bodily harm to herself," and that the fact that she came back into the home, instead of leaving out the front or back door "is inconsistent with a person who is in genuine fear for her life.")))
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/...
Right...and?

He said - she said v He said - He's dead.

She went to the Garage to get the gun(wrong), Zimmerman continued to follow against the wishes of the police when he was not in harms way(wrong).

She was black(harmed no one) and gets 20 years, Martin was black, was not trespassing, comitted no crime other than asserting his personal rights not to be harassed by Judge Dredd Zimmerman and his killer is acquitted.

Thanks for helping me with my argument.

Cheers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It was Satan in the form of something not specified other than "Serpent".
Whatever that was, God cursed and created the snake - and made it loathed by people.
Trust me, the next time you see a snake, you'll think of this discussion, and Satan.
satan crawls on his belly and eats dust

and has dominion over this reality

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 609,541 - 609,560 of719,757
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

484 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Most # 1 NBA draft picks start with crummy team... 2 min Doctor REALITY 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,923
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Oxbow 532,201
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min NEWS-FLASH 172,170
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Aura Mytha 223,969
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 93,639
Tony Dungy is a REAL Hero for the Holy Bible!! 31 min Doctor REALITY 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Porkpie Hat 256,334
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••