Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#642416 Jul 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I must say, I've never heard that one [2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"] before. The bible never ceases to amaze.
What is also amazing is the dishonesty of our resident pew warming Christians who would be the last to inform you of the Bible's contents. They count on you not reading the god damned thing.

They learn from the con-artist who preaches at the front of their churches how to be dishonest, deceitful and deceptive about everything, not just the contents of the Bible.

Do you know about this?

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

How anyone can claim these contradictions are the work of a perfect all knowing being is beyond me. The only way to help these delusional people is to quote the Bible to them to prove to them that it fails them at every opportunity. This is just one example of the thousands available.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642417 Jul 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>hey Rev.....
(Al quietly Whispers into his his ear)
That was four words.......
LOL. Christians can't count so it is just my way of making fun of them right in front of them.

•(a) "... and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, Jusha-bhesed, five." (1 Chron. 3:19-20). How can there be five sons of Zerubbabel when 7 males and one female are listed?
•(b) "And it had for its inheritance Beer-sheba, Sheba, Moladah, Hazar-shual, Balah, Ezem, Eltolad, Bethul, Hormah, Ziklag, Beth-marcaboth, Hazarsuah, Beth-lebaoth, and Sharuhen- thirteen cities with their villages" (Josh. 19:2-6 RSV). Fourteen cities are listed, not 13.
•(c) "The cities belonging to the tribe of the people of Judah in the extreme South, toward the boundary of Edom, were Kabzeel, Eder, Jagur, Kinah, Dimonah, Adadah, Kedesh, Hazor, Ithnan, Ziph, Telem, Bealoth, Hazor-hadattah, Kerioth-hezron (that is Hazor). Amam,Shema, Moladah, Hazar-gaddah, Heshmon, Bethpelet, Hazar-shual, Beer-sheba, Biziothiah, Baalah, Iim, Ezem, Eltolad, Chesil, Hormah, Ziklag, Madmannah, Sansannah, Lebaoth, Shilhim, Ain, and Rimmon; in all twenty-nine(29) cities, with their villages" (Josh. 15:21-32 RSV). Thirty-six cities are listed, not 29.
•(d)"...and the sons of Shemaiah; Hattush, and Igeal and Barial, and Neariah, and Shaphat, six" (1Chron. 3:22). Five names don't total six.
•(e) "...the sons od Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun,..." (1 Chron. 25:3). Again, five names do not total six.
•(f) "And in the lowland, Eshtaol, Zorah, Ashnah, Zanoah, En-gannim, Tappuah, Enam, Jarmuth, Adullam, Socoh, Azekah, Sha-araim, Adithaim, Gederah, Gederothaim: fourteen cities with their villages" (Josh. 15:33-36 RSV). Fifteen cities are listed, not 14. Bibical authors not only counted inaccurately but often added with comparable precision.
•(g) "The whole congregation together (those who returned from the Captivity) was forty and two thousand three hundred and threescore (42,360)" (Ezra 2:64). The number of people in each tribe that returned from the Captivity are listed from Ezra 2:3 to Ezra 2:60. One need only total the figures to see that 29,818 returned, not 42,360- an error of 12,542.
•(h) A similar problem is encourntered in Neh. 7:66, which says, "the whole congregation together was forty and two thousand three hundred and three-score (42,360)." One need only add the figures between Neh. 7:8 and Neh. 7:62 to see that the total for all the tribe should have been 31,089, not 42,360-- an error of 11,271. Besides adding inaccurately, Ezra and Nehemiah can't agree on what the total should be. The former supports 29,818 while the latter asserts 31,089.
•(i) "And this is the number of them: Thirty (30) charges of gold, a thousand (1,000) charges of silver, nine and twenty (29) knives, Thirty (30) basins of gold, silver basins of a second sort four hundred and ten (410), and vessels a thousand (1,000). All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred (5,400)" (Ezra 1:9-11). Even if all these items were composed of silver and gold, they would not total 5,400 (30+ 1,000+ 29 + 30 + 410 + 1,000=2,499 not 5,400).
•(j) "And these were the sons of Levi by their names; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari" (Num. 3:17) and "Those that were numbered of them (the Gershonites)...were seven thousand and five hundred (7,500)" (Num. 3:22) and "...these are the families of the Kohathites...eight thousand and six hundred (8,600)" (Num. 3:27-28) and "...these are the families of the Merari. And those that were numbered of them,...were six thousand and two hundred (6,200)" (Num.3:33-34), versus "All that were numbered of the Levites,...were twenty and two thousand (22,000)" (Num. 3:39). The author of Numbers added inaccurately, since 7,500 + 8,600 + 6,200 equals 22,300, not 22,000.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642418 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. The KJV.
A medieval translation written BY medieval minds FOR medieval minds.
I am sure the KJV ONLY crowd will not be happy to read that, LOL!

What with 233 version translations to chose from...

MATT. 12:40 ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whale's belly"--KJ, RS, AS, NAB, LV) versus ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the sea-monster"--ML, JB, NEB, NAB) versus ("For as Jonas was in the great fish 3 days and 3 nights"--NI, NWT, TEV, LB, BBE). This conflict bears directly on the accuracy of comments by Jesus since whales are not fish and vice versa.

MARK 1:1 ("The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ"--NI, LB, JB, TEV, NWT) versus ("The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS, LV). The former does not say Jesus wrote the Book of Mark while the latter all but says he did.

MARK 15:39 ("...Truly this man was the son of God"--KJ, RS, NI, AS, NAB, TEV, NAS, LV) versus ("...In truth this man was a son of God"--JB, BBE, NEB). "A" son clearly means there could be other sons of God while "the" son does not.

LUKE 1:27 ("To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph...."--KJ, ML, LB, RS, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NAB, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...with a message for a girl betrothed to a man named Joseph...."--NEB, TEV). The latter translation does not support the idea of a virgin birth.

LUKE 2:33 ("Joseph and his mother marveled at those things which were spoken"--KJ, LB, LV) versus ("his father and his mother marveled at what was said...."--RS, ML, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS). Except for the Living Bible and the LV no modern version in our list supports the KJ. They all imply there was no virgin birth because Joseph is equated with his mother by being called his father. The second group clearly implies that Joseph was as much his father as Mary was his mother.

LUKE 2:43 ("...and Joseph and his mother knew not of it"--KJ, LV) versus ("His parents did not know of it"--RS, LB, ML, JB, NI, AS, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS). Again every one of our versions says Joseph was the father of Jesus except the KJ and LV. Only the latter imply Joseph was not his father and there was a virgin birth.

LUKE 17:21 ("...the Kingdom of God is within you"--KJ, LB, AS, TEV, NWT, NI, LV) versus ("...the Kingdom of God is among you"--RS, ML, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS). Whether or not the Kingdom of God is within you or outside is of theological importance.

JOHN 1:26, 31, 33 ("...I baptize with water"--KJ, ML, RS, LB, JB, BBE, NAB, TEV, NI, LV) versus ("...I baptize in water...."--AS, NEB, NWT, NAS). No wonder some support baptism by sprinkling ("with water") while others believe in baptism by immersion ("in water").

JOHN 10:29 ("My Father who has given them to me <Jesus> is greater than all...."--KJ, ML, LB, RS, JB, AS, NEB, NAB, NAS, NI, LV) versus ("What my Father has given me is greater than anything...."--BBE, TEV, NWT). Which is greater than all? God or what God has given to Jesus?

JOHN 10:33 ("...You a mere man claim to be a God"--NWT, NEB) versus ("...you a mere man claim to be God"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, JB, AS, BBE, NI, NAB, TEV, NAS, LV). "A" god leaves open the possibility of many gods. Claiming to be God differs dramatically from claiming to be "a" god.

ACTS 20:28 ("...of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood"--KJ, NWT, NAS, NI, TEV, LB, LV) versus ("...of God, which he obtained with the blood of his own Son"--RS, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAB, NEB). Whether God's blood or that of his son was spilled is quite important, especially for those who don't believe the two are identical.

ROM. 9:5 ("...as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever"--KJ, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAS, LV) versus ("...according to the flesh, is the Christ. God who is over all be blessed for ever"--RS, LB, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT). The latter version clearly does not make Jesus God while the former does.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642419 Jul 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is one Way to agree and that is Love. Romans 13:8-10
If you treat someone with love it is impossible to break biblical law. If we truly love someone we won't steal from them or lie about them or kill them. That is Christian Law.
I just love it when Christians call Jesus a liar.

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

Tell us more about Christian love.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642420 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ...
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#642421 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
After you read all 233 English versions you can tell me.
NONE, they all say Christ died on the cross and rose again. How many versions of the dictionary are there? which ones do you believe? Do you sill use the word "gay" as it was used 50 years ago?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642422 Jul 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.
Well.
What version SHOUKD everybody read.
Good question, what with 233 versions in English alone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Sacramento, CA

#642423 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
Tell us more about Christian love.
Jesus is not teaching a new commandment of hating people. He is teaching about the cost of following Him.
The clue is in Luke 14:33 when Jesus says:

“In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”

It’s about what we must be prepared to do to follow Jesus. It’s about giving up everything, even our very lives for Him. He doesn’t say,“by doing this you will get into heaven”. Jesus clearly teaches that through faith in Him we have eternal life (John 3:16). Through His death on the cross, we have the forgiveness of sins (Romans 6:23).

However, as His followers, are we willing to place Him in first position and place the most important people in our lives in second place?

He is not saying that you do it literally but you must be prepared to put everything else second. So if your parent forbids you from following him then you must disobey them and so on.

Thankfully many of us have never been put in a situation where we have had to choose between Christ and our loved ones. But imagine if you had been captured by religious terrorists and they demand that you deny Christ or watch one of your friends die what would you choose? Jesus is saying you must choose him.

Hope that helps explain it. Glad you asked, thanks for making me stronger on the Lord.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Sacramento, CA

#642424 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are the liar.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#642425 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?! O_o
If you can't tell time, how are you capable of creating something that can?
Dude, you posted one of the most stupid questions I've ever seen.
A lie is not a timepiece. I should have known I'd get nothing but ad hominem. That's your schtick when you can't answer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#642426 Jul 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was pointing out that the "love" of money was keeping the wealthy from loving God. I doubt anyone here is wealthy but if they love things above anything else then their love is pointless. What do you love most? Your car, your house, maybe your bank account? If you love things that cannot love you back then you really don't have much.
Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);

nanoanomaly translation of Jesus in Matt. 19:21,"The 'love' of money keeps the wealthy from loving God; if you love possessions more than anything else your love is pointless."

Who appointed you nanoanomaly to translate the words of Jesus for us?

Why is Jesus so stupid that he can't say what he really means?

Given the choice between your translation and the translations of the professionals who have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages I'll not go with you, that is for sure.

The truth is, you just don't like what Jesus is saying to you and you are grasping for any lie you can make up to get out of doing what Jesus CLEARLY tells you to do. Not just once but a dozen times.

If you pew warmers don't take the Bible seriously, how in the hell do you think you'll ever get us normal people to take it seriously?
Please do explain that.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642427 Jul 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent. Glad you're enjoying it.
There are others.
No, sir. Just you wait a minute. I'm still trying to get through that one. I'm on the part where he's talking about atoms - super interesting and very well written. That dude (?) has a knack with analogies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642428 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, it says "in the day", you changed it to "on the day". You are deceptive, dishonest and deceitful.
Genesis 2:17
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die
American King James Version
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.
No matter which version of the KJV you post, it's wrong.

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642429 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
LOL. Christians can't count so it is just my way of making fun of them right in front of them.
Al's a Christian, he counted four words.

I'm a Christian, I counted four words.

You're not a Christian and you counted three words.

Imagine that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#642430 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter which version of the KJV you post, it's wrong.
"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
Try the NIV, it wasn't translated by ignorant, medieval people.
...because the bronze age was where the smart erudite people were. LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642431 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
After you read all 233 English versions you can tell me.
I think that number's a bit high, but that's not my point.

My point is that the KJV is a terribly inaccurate translation. It was translated by only 6 British men in only 3 years. They claimed to have translated it directly from Greek, but they translated in in 1607-1610 and England had NO Greek manuscripts until 1628.

They made it the way King James wanted it, not the way it's supposed to be.

Atheists and skeptics just adore the KJV. Little do they know they're quoting an incorrect translation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#642432 Jul 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds horrible.
Yep.

The myriad of color was deafening.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#642433 Jul 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sir. Just you wait a minute. I'm still trying to get through that one. I'm on the part where he's talking about atoms - super interesting and very well written. That dude (?) has a knack with analogies.
Hehehe. I'll wait till you're done with that one.

And yes, Chowm is a fairly well-known science writer and presenter. He manages to make the complex seem clear...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#642434 Jul 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, monkeybutt!
Okee Dokee, nanobutt!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642435 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us hope that the Christians will take the time to read and carefully consider your post. They claim they trust the Bible but this is more evidence that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable and illogical.
Let us hope that you understand that what Mythic Idiot posted was written by a Satanist leader and hardly a reputable source.

(I won't keep my hopes up)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Dr Banonator 55,918
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Steve III 650,012
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Brian_G 445,893
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,077
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,306
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,934
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,062
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 23 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web