Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642166 Jul 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> the belief in an afterlife most certainly does put a more optimistic spin on our lives. if people believe that this life is not the final word and that justice will prevail in the next life, this can help them withstand the unfairness they encounter in the here and now. The idea of life as an unfolding journey which continues even after death can lead to a greater sense of connection with the universe as it unfolds into the future. And finally, the belief in life after death can help counter this extreme degree of materialism that has pervaded every niche of modern civilization, which many people think is behind a great deal of our most short-sighted and destructive policies.
Yeah. Or maybe it's the belief that the world is our dominion and that it doesn't matter what we do to it cause jeebus is a coming soon.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#642167 Jul 17, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
So how does Natural process account for the existence of reason?
You really should study evolution and attempt to learn instead of making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your willful ignorance of science, kid.

Location hidden

#642168 Jul 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The deniers and debunkers tend to be militant Atheists who are motivated by allegiance to an obsolete worldview by ignorance of the implications of the new physics and by a hatred of religion and superstition. If they admitted to the reality of psychic abilities such as telepathy and of the near-death experience as involving a genuine separation of mind from body, then the materialistic foundation of their worldview would crumble. The deniers fear that the demise of materialism would usher in a return of an age of religious persecution and irrationality. surveys show that most scientists accept the likely existence of psychic abilities. Among the general public, belief in the reality of psi phenomena is widespread. But polls have also shown that over 90% of the public regard scientists as having considerable or even very great prestige and many of the leading near-death experience researchers are respected cardiologists and neuroscientists.
Source for:

"most scientists accept the reality of psi phenomena."

"among the public, belief in the reality of psi phenomena is widespread" (not that it matters, because the average person is quite stupid).

"reality of physic phenomena."

Has anyone picked up randi's million dollars yet?

Thought so.

But the "psychics" can perform parlor tricks that they control. And you take that as proof.

Location hidden

#642169 Jul 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
For as long as there have been human beings, and for all we know perhaps even longer, there seems to have been evidence suggesting that human beings and perhaps other living things survive the deaths of their bodies. We have the Neanderthals. They buried their dead with flowers and jewelry and utensils, presumably for use in the next life. So all through human civilization we’ve had people believing that they will survive the deaths of their bodies. Many people simply accepted it as a matter of course. It wasn’t questioned.
So why did they believe this? Well, every indication seems to be that in all societies past and present people have experienced certain phenomena that would lead them to believe in survival. I’m talking about things like near-death experiences, death bed visions, people who report seeing deceased relatives coming to take them away just before they die. Children who remember previous lives—in other words, evidence for reincarnation. Apparitions, which have been reported from all societies of which we have records. And communication with the dead, which also seems to have been found in virtually all societies of which we have records.
I don't think I could formulate a worse argument if I tried.
SumTingWong

Oakland, CA

#642170 Jul 17, 2013
SumTingWong

Oakland, CA

#642171 Jul 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It was a response to a post. Give the person before me the red flag warning.
Are you sure you're not retarded- just a little bit?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#642172 Jul 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So it's just Christians you hate?
Yes...

...mostly. Allah gets a pass.

Notice the "God Hates Facts" sign.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#642173 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I supposed to laugh?
'_'
Susan's another one that claims to be a doctor...psychologist or psychiatrist or some such BS. I take it you haven't met Dogen yet?

xD

Location hidden

#642174 Jul 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Have you ever had your head against the concrete with punches hitting your face? You really, really need to give it a try.
Did you see the picture of his broken nose and lacerations on the back of his head after the fight?
Plus you stupid fucking dumbass idiot Zimmerman had a gun on him Martin would have grabbed and probably shot him with. It seemed the youngin' was out of control himself.
So now martin is at fault for dying because "he probably would have grabbed for and used the gun that killed him." Worst logic ever.

How do you figure martin was out of control? His blackness? He was walking home in the rain, and may have confronted a creeper who was following him around the neighborhood with a gun. But he's in the wrong. Right.

You were just saying he was having his head smashed against the ground, now it's he was being punched with his head against the ground... two different things. I can see how those injuries would have came from punches to the face while lying flat, but regardless of how anyone thinks the actual fight, or lack thereof, played out, there is nothing to suggest "mortal danger."

Are black people really so scary to you that you consider it justified to shoot one if they punch you a couple times in a fight you started? "Ground and pound" my ass, his face would have been mush and martin's hands would have been messed up, possibly broken, since he wasn't taped up and he's not a professional fighter. I very strongly doubt that martin started the fight anyway, given zimmerman's overall demeanor on the phone ("not letting this asshole get away") and the clear vigilante hero fantasy he had playing out in his head. Why else would he be prowling the streets with a gun, following this young kid around, and getting out of his car, with a gun, with the clear intent of confronting martin?

Zimmerman said he was "punched in the nose 25 to 30 times." You're insinuating you've been in a few fights, and if you have, you know that a face cannot take that much punishment and come out looking like zimmerman's did that night. A couple good punches will make for worse injuries - 25 to 30 - mush.

Why would he lie?

Location hidden

#642175 Jul 17, 2013
It also appears that zimmerman claims his head was slammed into the ground over ten times. No. Absolutely not. He had a few scrapes.

Location hidden

#642176 Jul 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Have you ever had your head against the concrete with punches hitting your face? You really, really need to give it a try.
Did you see the picture of his broken nose and lacerations on the back of his head after the fight?
Plus you stupid fucking dumbass idiot Zimmerman had a gun on him Martin would have grabbed and probably shot him with. It seemed the youngin' was out of control himself.
He also most likely didn't have a broken nose. It was swollen immediately following the fight with very minor bleeding. Broken noses tend to bleed. 45 mins later, the swelling was gone completely. The EMS report notes a "tender" nose, not a broken one, and states that the mucous membranes were normal. The only reason people think he broke his nose was because he lied to his personal DR and said that the EMS "told him" his nose was broken.

Location hidden

#642177 Jul 17, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious?
I don't care if Zipperboy had to be hospitalized for 4 weeks after the fight. Losing a fight that he provoked with a child, is not an excuse to bring out a gun. The testimony was that a normal man of Zipperboys training would not have feared for his life. That is standard police bull crap. A black homeless lady stood 100 feet away from 8 cops, raised a screw driver, and all 8 cops who drilled her with shots claimed that they feared for their lives.
Your argument is that a woman who scratches and claws and hurts her rapist, should be shot and killed, because she may take the gun away and kill her rapist.
By the way, I would have been out of control too. I would have made him eat the gun and then you could have dealt with my true self defense charges.
Obviously, you have never feared for your life and been in that situation. That is why 6 females nor you should have been on that jury.
By the way, you are lying now, his nose was not broken.
Now,who is feeding you Dave?
Read:
MON JUN 03, 2013 AT 05:26 AM PDT
Officer's Cellphone Pics Show Zimmerman May NOT Have Been Punched the Night he Killed Trayvon
byccFollow
545 Comments / 545 New
Look closely at George Zimmerman's nose picture, that was taken from Officer Wagner's cell phone before EMS cleaned him up and you'll find there is no blood at all coming from Zimmerman's nostrils. Yet, Zimmerman told Detectives that Martin punched him in the nose so hard that he "fell to the ground when he punched me the first time" and that he was "punched in the nose 25 to 30 times." Looking at the nose picture, with no blood at all coming from the nostrils, it is easy to figure out why Detective Sereno told Zimmerman "the 25 to 30 punches" he claimed he took from Trayvon Martin "were not consistent with Zimmerman's injuries."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/03/1213... #
Never thought we would find ourselves in agreement.

But yeah, if I ended up shooting and killing a child in "self defense," I could only justify it to myself if I needed rehab to learn to chew my food again. A couple of scratches is not "mortal danger."

Location hidden

#642178 Jul 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.wtsp.com/news/photo -gallery.aspx?storyid=255685
Pictures of Zimmermman's nose and back of head are in there. You will also see pictures of the "child" in a 7-11. Big "kid".
HAHAHA! Now that's the face of a man who's just been through a life or death fight!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#642179 Jul 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...and?
He said - she said v He said - He's dead.
She went to the Garage to get the gun(wrong), Zimmerman continued to follow against the wishes of the police when he was not in harms way(wrong).
She was black(harmed no one) and gets 20 years, Martin was black, was not trespassing, comitted no crime other than asserting his personal rights not to be harassed by Judge Dredd Zimmerman and his killer is acquitted.
Thanks for helping me with my argument.
Cheers.
There are important differences you are totally ignoring, She left her house, returned
"after giving it up willingly"

and some days later.

Returned and demanded he leave along with her own children.

To which , she again left to retrieve a firearm from her vehicle.
She then used to demand further he leave with her own children firing it in the process.

There seems to be no time her life is threatened, there was ample opportunity of escape and she even instigated the whole indecent.

You try to compare this to someone straddling you in the street.
Are you a complete moron?

She instigated and was never held down in the apeshit beating your brains out position as Zimmerman was.
But you insist there is a comparison, the only comparison is your fungus infected brain ,and a living virus.

Location hidden

#642180 Jul 17, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>It was his father's house and that meant that he lived there and was going home. Zipperboy did exactly act illegally and acting on his own and outside of any alleged duty he thought he had. Duh,he was charged with murder and manslaughter, which means that covered his illegal actions. A police officer who is in a gun fight does not get charged if he is doing his job.
By the way, when you say Martin, you mean the child Martin, as in one who can not legally consent to do battle with an adult or have sex or enter into a contract or vote.
It sounds like you are screaming racist. You also have ignored all the reference to his age and rape. you can not get a sane person to believe that your opinion is not bias and directed at Trayvon's race.
By the way, I have heard many idiots claim nonsensical crap like Trayvon being a homophobe and violating Zipperboys civil rights.
I think you should drop the gay rape angle. Not helping the cause there sunshine.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#642181 Jul 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...and?
He said - she said v He said - He's dead.
She went to the Garage to get the gun(wrong), Zimmerman continued to follow against the wishes of the police when he was not in harms way(wrong).
She was black(harmed no one) and gets 20 years, Martin was black, was not trespassing, comitted no crime other than asserting his personal rights not to be harassed by Judge Dredd Zimmerman and his killer is acquitted.
Thanks for helping me with my argument.
Cheers.
You are just some stupid Englishman who hates America anyway, so anything you say is messed up.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#642182 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I knew I was forgetting something.
See, Al?
Re: Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! You're a stark raving mad insane lunatic making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum. Are you trying to prove that you're just as mentally retarded as Riverside Redneck, death-denying cowardly Christian cultist Al Garcia?

Ahahahaha!!!! You had Pinhead pegged RR!!!!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#642183 Jul 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The only way I can see her NOT going back in the house would be if the children were NOT still in the house with HIM. I's run back in to flush him out too if I was in that position. If she had stayed out he might have decided to take the children hostage as revenge against her. Guys who employ the, "If I can't have, nobody can.", tactic are capable of anything including terrorizing innocent children. After all, if Gray cared about those kids even the tiniest bit he wouldn't be threatening to kill their mother and, thereby, leaving them orphans.
She sounds like a true mama tiger, too bad the judge was a dumbass.
No she demanded the children leave also. Men are not guilty by gender of child abandonment, however she was.

Location hidden

#642184 Jul 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There are important differences you are totally ignoring, She left her house, returned
"after giving it up willingly"
and some days later.
Returned and demanded he leave along with her own children.
To which , she again left to retrieve a firearm from her vehicle.
She then used to demand further he leave with her own children firing it in the process.
There seems to be no time her life is threatened, there was ample opportunity of escape and she even instigated the whole indecent.
You try to compare this to someone straddling you in the street.
Are you a complete moron?
She instigated and was never held down in the apeshit beating your brains out position as Zimmerman was.
But you insist there is a comparison, the only comparison is your fungus infected brain ,and a living virus.
Zimmerman was not having his brains beat out. I think that we should be a little more critical of the guy who was stalking a child with a gun. Especially when the physical evidence does not support his claims. He had a few scratches - not consistent with "25 to 30 punches to his face" and his head being "smashed into the concrete over ten times."

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#642185 Jul 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So now martin is at fault for dying because "he probably would have grabbed for and used the gun that killed him." Worst logic ever.
How do you figure martin was out of control? His blackness? He was walking home in the rain, and may have confronted a creeper who was following him around the neighborhood with a gun. But he's in the wrong. Right.
You were just saying he was having his head smashed against the ground, now it's he was being punched with his head against the ground... two different things. I can see how those injuries would have came from punches to the face while lying flat, but regardless of how anyone thinks the actual fight, or lack thereof, played out, there is nothing to suggest "mortal danger."
Are black people really so scary to you that you consider it justified to shoot one if they punch you a couple times in a fight you started? "Ground and pound" my ass, his face would have been mush and martin's hands would have been messed up, possibly broken, since he wasn't taped up and he's not a professional fighter. I very strongly doubt that martin started the fight anyway, given zimmerman's overall demeanor on the phone ("not letting this asshole get away") and the clear vigilante hero fantasy he had playing out in his head. Why else would he be prowling the streets with a gun, following this young kid around, and getting out of his car, with a gun, with the clear intent of confronting martin?
Zimmerman said he was "punched in the nose 25 to 30 times." You're insinuating you've been in a few fights, and if you have, you know that a face cannot take that much punishment and come out looking like zimmerman's did that night. A couple good punches will make for worse injuries - 25 to 30 - mush.
Why would he lie?
You are a pushbutton liberal. They push a button and you squawk on cue. It is interesting how you people demonize in chorus.

My high school was 85% black. I lived 2 blocks from MLK Park in Miami for years before and many more after it became that. I taught a few neighborhood kids to shoot. They were black. My son flew cross country to the retirement from the Navy of one of them recently. I've been in the middle of the most violent places in the county in the middle of the night many, many times. I lived for 5 years in New Orleans, and not in a privileged section of it. I walked through it. No car.

Now, what is your experience with people from the hood? Other than reading liberal rags?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Nohweh 39,021
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Ricky F 618,458
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 15 min Jack 205
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min spinosaurus baryonyx 104,791
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min New Age Spiritual... 642,141
Play "end of the word" part 2 55 min andet1987 1,749
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,444
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web