Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642096 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never stated that I think God has unlimited powers. I learned at a young age that God's powers have limitations. I've posted them here several times.
Quote other than the KJV, please.
I'd rather discuss the fine points of greek mythology. We've been over this about 20 times. Starting to get old.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642097 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo.
This is not a debate. Never was. Myth buster knows that. So do I.
If you want to consider your book of ghostmagic and skydaddies a scientific source, be our guest. We don't care
There's that atheist ignorance again.

Ghost magic? Dude....

I don't know of any Christians, or anybody for that matter, that thinks the Bible is any kind of scientific book. I've never seen that argued or debated. Because the Bible is not a scientific book.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642098 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
However, you gave the definition of 'magic'. And the Biblical account of the origins of snakes are not according to natural order. Therefore, magic
Therefore, atheist ignorance.

Just because it's an ability that you don't understand doesn't mean it's magic. For all you know, God cursed the snake in a very natural way. You're a smart kid, DF. Don't be so stupid.

Location hidden

#642099 Jul 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an obvious screaming meme of the uberliberal left.
Fact according to testimony of his girlfriend. Martin turned and asked what Zimmerman wanted in a confrontational way. No testimony of Zimmerman initiating any action, physical or verbal. Just walking down the street perfectly legal like Martin was. Likely making his presence known so Martin just kept on walking home and quit looking over the neighborhood. Nothing illegal about that.
Martin used his cellphone to record things. There was a video on his phone where he recorded an asswhupping in the hood. If he had an issue with Zimmerman why didn't he turn the cellphone camera on?
You are being used.
I guarantee you that if martin had been mixed race white and zimmerman had been black, you would not be spouting this nonsense. Really, imagine if it had been a black guy to follow a white guy though a neighborhood after being explicitly told not to, only for the white guy to turn up dead. His "self defense" claim would be laughed out of court.

Stalking someone through a neighborhood and then getting out of your car to continue the pursuit with the *clear intent* of a confrontation is not OK. Assuming he honestly couldn't remember the streets of his own neighborhood, why get out of the car?

He didn't need an address, he "wasn't letting this asshole get away."

So what if martin asked him what he was doing following him? If you were being followed through a neighborhood, you wouldn't ask your stalker what they were doing?

The implicit assumption in your line of reasoning is that black people *need to be watched,* because at any time they could be up to something, and that zimmerman was in fact performing a public service by stalking and then murdering a child.

Absurd.

Location hidden

#642100 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic in terms of "breaking natural laws of the universe" would not apply to God, as He is the creator and is not a product of our environment.
God is the creator of the universe and is not subject to the laws of it and it would be impossible to break any of the laws.
You contradict yourself every other post. If he's not subject to the laws and can act completely outside of them, then what limits his power?

Since: Jun 10

Santa Rosa

#642101 Jul 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a great surprise!
Welcome to the zoo, Princess.
Hey there Catcher! I see absolutely nothing has changed.

:)

Santa Rosa

#642102 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol no problema.
Drinking and posting does not go together. Neither does drinking and driving. Nor drinking and sex. Also, drinking and dancing is a bad idea.
Drinking and boozing goes well together. That is a good plan
Heh, heh.

Location hidden

#642103 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because it's an ability that you don't understand doesn't mean it's magic. For all you know, God cursed the snake in a very natural way. You're a smart kid, DF. Don't be so stupid.
You literally just said that god operates outside the natural order. What is your aversion to calling it magic? It is, by definition.

Santa Rosa

#642104 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
All hail Susan, the first disciple of the Church of Double Fine! May the humility of Double Fibe flow through her paws, may the awesomeness of Double Fine radiate out her heart. May she be blessed endlessly for her servitude to the great and holy and omnipotent Double Fine!!
Good to see you, Sue :)
I am truly humbled by your awesome humbleness and it's nice to be back where folks actually do have brains. Maybe....... heheh

<3

Santa Rosa

#642105 Jul 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait for it....
"I dunno. Therefore, God."
You're brilliant! Therefore God.

Hey Mac.

:)

Santa Rosa

#642106 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So there you go. Science shows us the natural law of evolution, and explain the law of evolution with the Theory of Evolution. The theory clearly shows snakes evolving from reptiles around two hundred million years ago. Hence, any other explanation for snakes existing, such as the Genesis account, is a supernatural one.
That means although you abhor the term, you are implying that magic was used in the origin of snakes.
Does this compute?
Of course magic was used. Isn't the earth sitting on turtles all the way down?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642107 Jul 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather discuss the fine points of greek mythology. We've been over this about 20 times. Starting to get old.
Then you'll have to find a prove there's a Zeus thread.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642108 Jul 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You contradict yourself every other post. If he's not subject to the laws and can act completely outside of them, then what limits his power?
His nature, Himself.

Santa Rosa

#642109 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello and nice to meet you. You must love the Harry Potter movies and books.

Santa Rosa

#642110 Jul 17, 2013
Why do you all want to take away the only thing - religion - that keeps most of these folks from going crazy at the thought of death?

Location hidden

#642111 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'll have to find a prove there's a Zeus thread.
This is "a god," but I forgive you for assuming.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#642112 Jul 17, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
A Topix poll about 3 months ago showed that 64% of Topix pollers supported a ban on same sex marriage.
The poll results aren't surprising given that this country is infested with willfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted Christian piles of shit like you who have been programmed to believe the personal prejudices of the terrestrial authors of the damn bible were divinely inspired.

A religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic evolution and death denying cowardly fundieseased Christian redneck godbot like you should be at or near the top of every rational person's Shun List, punk.

Location hidden

#642113 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
His nature, Himself.
I wonder how many christians agree with you. I wonder if you consciously adopted this line of reasoning to avoid the glaring contradictions brought on by claims of omnipotence, claims that you were in agreement with only a couple months ago. I wonder when you guys are gonna align your decoder rings.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#642114 Jul 17, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Why do you all want to take away the only thing - religion - that keeps most of these folks from going crazy at the thought of death?
1st of all - EVERYONE is religious/supertitious to some degree when we assume things about the here-after and unseen that we don't understand and can't prove. take the theory of evolution for example....no really, take it and stick it where the sun don't shine;)
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#642115 Jul 17, 2013
Covert Stealth Op wrote:
The fossil and genetic evidence in support of evolution is irrefutable? Okay, come on, show us your alleged irrefutable genetic evidence for evolution.
Brainwashed Christian godbots like you are compulsive liars to rationalize their self-degrading cultist lifestyles. If you have a college degree then this bogus institution should be shutdown immediately.

As I stated above, the scientific evidence fully supports evolution. Unfortunately, you're far too retarded to have the capacity to differentiate between science and Christian pseudoscience bullshit.

You truly are a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell without a single socially redeemable quality. You're a stark raving mad insane lunatic and should be institutionalized immediately.

In the future, I won't be responding to your blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted posts. I'd encourage all rational people to shun you because you're one of the most revolting piles of shit in the history of topix.

The brilliance of Charles Darwin confirmed by modern science:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/darwin...

Evolution 101:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

"At the heart of evolutionary theory is the basic idea that life has existed for billions of years and has changed over time. Overwhelming evidence supports this fact. Scientists continue to argue about details of evolution, but the question of whether life has a long history or not was answered in the affirmative at least TWO CENTURIES AGO."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Dr Banonator 55,833
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liamm 649,976
Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam 1 hr erinadams 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ceemee2 2,301
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,889
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Edgy Teen 194
Ayurveda oil massage 2 hr rahul 1
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 14 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web