Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642018 Jul 17, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Imaginary people never are.
To what imaginary people are you referring?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#642019 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He judges everyone, whether they're following His plan or not.
<quoted text>
Negative, lots of you disobey.
<quoted text>
Negative, there are things God cannot do.
<quoted text>
Negative.
<quoted text>
I think you're skewing "following his plan".
<quoted text>
You're fleshing our details that don't exist and that only fit you're skewed view of God and Christianity.
He knows the future and can change it if he so pleases, right?

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#642020 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He judges everyone, whether they're following His plan or not.
<quoted text>
Negative, lots of you disobey.
<quoted text>
Negative, there are things God cannot do.
<quoted text>
Negative.
<quoted text>
I think you're skewing "following his plan".
<quoted text>
You're fleshing our details that don't exist and that only fit you're skewed view of God and Christianity.
He knew they wouldn't follow his plan.

Lots of people disobey, he allows it and punishes them anyway.

There are things god cannot do, then he's not god.

Unless you're privy to his plan then how do you know what's skewed?

Ifs, buts what-ifs and maybe's...staple diet of all good religions.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642021 Jul 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
And here he is at dinner with his family:
http://youtu.be/bBXyB7niEc0
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

The Mythic Idiot Gooble Gobble family of Pomona.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642022 Jul 17, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
Here's a news flash: There's no life after death
I suppose you have irrefutable scientific evidence of that, also?

Show it, Mr Gooble Gobble.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642023 Jul 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
pin head
Myth Buster wrote:
pinhead
What a comeback!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642024 Jul 17, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
Anti-theism is the ONLY humane and rational position to hold in regards to the abomination known as organized religion.
Well, Gooble Gobble, that IS your unorganized religion.

Have fun.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642025 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, good.
Ah.
So you would admit that the story about original sin is not 100% accurate?
I did't say that.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#642026 Jul 17, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I'll never drink again, does strange things to me! I know Aboriginals have only been here 50,000 (approx.) years not millions, and dinosaurs weren't here then. Sorry :(
Lol no problema.

Drinking and posting does not go together. Neither does drinking and driving. Nor drinking and sex. Also, drinking and dancing is a bad idea.

Drinking and boozing goes well together. That is a good plan

#642027 Jul 17, 2013
RedHorseRevelation wrote:
Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --
http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI
Wow! What a propecy! Fully!

I mean everybody eventually dies, but 1.5 billiin Muslims to die? Amazing!

Who is the all-seeing, all-knowing prophet who told you this??

#642028 Jul 17, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Good morning happy people. It's great to see you back once more DF!
And Karl I see you're still here.
:)
All hail Susan, the first disciple of the Church of Double Fine! May the humility of Double Fibe flow through her paws, may the awesomeness of Double Fine radiate out her heart. May she be blessed endlessly for her servitude to the great and holy and omnipotent Double Fine!!

Good to see you, Sue :)

#642029 Jul 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did't say that.
Then which is it? Yes or no?

Because if you believe the story is accurate, then you have to affount for the defiance of a natural law.

Let us take our snake story. Yes, you did say 'serpent' and even though a Hebrew man will read the text and associates the words with a snake, we can roll with any creature. Let us say even, that it was Satan in the guise of an animal, if you wish. A talking dog, salamander, mouse, gecko, duck or hippo.

You still have a non-snake animal turning into a snake inside a generation. You still have the fact that snakes evolved from their reptillian ancestors in the time the dinosaurs were still in diapers.

Thus - you have a clear contrast with scientific theories and natural law.

Now, you are quite handy with that dictionary, as you have demonstrated. Why not conjure up for us the definition of the word 'magic'?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642030 Jul 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>He knows the future and can change it if he so pleases, right?
No, what makes you think that?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642031 Jul 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:

He knew they wouldn't follow his plan.
Lots of people disobey, he allows it and punishes them anyway.
There are things god cannot do, then he's not god.
Unless you're privy to his plan then how do you know what's skewed?
Ifs, buts what-ifs and maybe's...staple diet of all good religions.
Yes.

No. It's your choice, not God's.

Even an all powerful being can't make a spherical triangle.*cant do*

Whut?
God

Leeds, UK

#642032 Jul 17, 2013
Every body who believes in god is a selfish person, a person who can not accept that after death that is it. There is no proof what so ever, also the profit Mohamed was a paedophile who had sex with a nine year old girl and considering that all religion came from the corr-an means all believers support paedophiles.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#642033 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Because if you believe the story is accurate, then you have to affount for the defiance of a natural law.
Let us take our snake story. Yes, you did say 'serpent' and even though a Hebrew man will read the text and associates the words with a snake, we can roll with any creature. Let us say even, that it was Satan in the guise of an animal, if you wish. A talking dog, salamander, mouse, gecko, duck or hippo.
You still have a non-snake animal turning into a snake inside a generation. You still have the fact that snakes evolved from their reptillian ancestors in the time the dinosaurs were still in diapers.
Now, you are quite handy with that dictionary, as you have demonstrated. Why not conjure up for us the definition of the word 'magic'?
Yes, I believe the story of original sin is accurate.

I believe it because I believe God is not constrained by natural law.

It's not my snake story. The serpent wasn't a snake. For God to curse a snake to be a snake is illogical.

Magic is defined as the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
God

Leeds, UK

#642034 Jul 17, 2013
I do not want to go to heaven, there is too many suicide bombers there.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#642035 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have your limited perspectives of what is and what ain't and the measurement of time.

You are geared to think of life as individual components measured by revolutions around the sun. These components replicate themselves to continue a certain pattern of life. You think individually as one of those replicated pieces of stellar doodoo. You miss the significance of the whole.

You have individual cells replicating within you. Yet you are the life, right? You pay lip service to the concept of mankind yet you fail to see you are just part of a larger consciousness. You see bees and ants, yet you can't believe you are part of a greater consciousness.

The species has a common DNA, just as the cells in your body. Your individual configuration does the same purpose as differences in cellular DNA does. It makes the whole work.

This can be carried down to the very beginning of life. You have common building blocks.

Your dividing is what gives the appearance of differentiation, when in fact you are just part of a larger process.

That serpent turning into a snake in one generation is just from your perspective. Back to your cells. You will have many modifications, and adaptations in them in the course of your life. You will understand that better when you get older. The newer ones may consider the older ones dinosaurs.

It is a matter of perspective, puppy.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#642036 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait for it....

"I dunno. Therefore, God."

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#642037 Jul 17, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol no problema.
Drinking and posting does not go together. Neither does drinking and driving. Nor drinking and sex. Also, drinking and dancing is a bad idea.
Drinking and boozing goes well together. That is a good plan
Boozing and sex goes together, I used to be good at that. But I can't drink even 3 wines without being a lunatic these days. I've even managed a 3 day hangover.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Drumpf Disaster 7,649
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 286,546
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Anthony MN 681,908
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Whiskey Ben Solo 123,757
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 1 hr Sparrow 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,370
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 8 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
More from around the web