...when I look to the West

#641745 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hay!
Don't be talkin no shit on Donkey.
You don't want RR as an enemy.
:p
Hey, Double Fine likes Donkey! Especially with Eddie Murphy voice.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#641746 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling me a caveman?
So easy.... even a "Pri..." uhhh I mean..."Caveman" can do it......

LOL!!! luv ya RR..... you walked right into that one...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#641747 Jul 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A new level of lunacy!
Awesome!
I lol'ed at that. A new level, indeed

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#641748 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But I think they're about the best way of keeping snakes away from your home.
Just like cats keep mice, squirrels & gophers away.
Of course, the right dog and the right cat....
I have a cat that slaps one around occasionally, but I've never seen her wreck one totally. I don't think she takes them seriously enough.

We used to have a Labrador that would get between me and anything else that got in the yard. I thought it was sweet when he kept a snake away when I was sun bathing one time. He was the only good dog I've ever had, the rest were less than useless. He came up missing during a trip to my in-laws house. The thing is...I don't trust dogs around kids either. They are too unpredictable.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#641749 Jul 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
I believe you're a deeply brainwashed Christian.
I'm sorry to correct you, but that's a fact not a belief. Riverside Redneck is a "deeply brainwashed Christian". We shouldn't be replying to the content of his inane posts. We should simply advise the stark raving mad insane lunatic to seek the professional help the sociopathic punk desperately needs.

Location hidden

#641750 Jul 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Big brains and smooth penises are what define us, as your article says.
I saw "may be" twice and "may have" mentioned once in regard to a loss of genes in that article. There's always the possibility that those particular genes never existed inside the human genome.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#641751 Jul 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I said "repellent". I already know how to kill them but would rather they stayed away so I wouldn't have to get up close and personal with them.
I read your post about killing them in the house. Brought back a childhood memory. I was about 5 or so when a little grass snake got into the back door into the kitchen. I watched my mother and oldest sister pushing each other off a chair while trying to get away from it. They finally hit it with a hammer. They hollered at me to get out of there but I just stood watching the silliness.

You have a crawlspace under the house? Nice warm space with bugs to eat, and/or mice. Set off some bug bombs. Throw those mothballs under there. Make sure you have flashing at the bottom of any siding you have. Screened vents. Keep the ground cleared for a couple of feet around the house. You might try glue traps tacked where they can get in. Keep a hoe handy in the house. Get a mongoose for a pet.

http://www.snake-removal.com/fencing.html

Marigolds are reputed to discourage snakes, and squash bugs.

Location hidden

#641752 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling me a caveman?
Would you rather I call you pop-top, Mr. Can-Man?

Westcliffe, CO

#641753 Jul 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post about killing them in the house. Brought back a childhood memory. I was about 5 or so when a little grass snake got into the back door into the kitchen. I watched my mother and oldest sister pushing each other off a chair while trying to get away from it. They finally hit it with a hammer. They hollered at me to get out of there but I just stood watching the silliness.
You have a crawlspace under the house? Nice warm space with bugs to eat, and/or mice. Set off some bug bombs. Throw those mothballs under there. Make sure you have flashing at the bottom of any siding you have. Screened vents. Keep the ground cleared for a couple of feet around the house. You might try glue traps tacked where they can get in. Keep a hoe handy in the house. Get a mongoose for a pet.
Hardware cloth a foot wide or so and angled out as in that article might be a cheap fence.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#641754 Jul 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I have a cat that slaps one around occasionally, but I've never seen her wreck one totally. I don't think she takes them seriously enough.
We used to have a Labrador that would get between me and anything else that got in the yard. I thought it was sweet when he kept a snake away when I was sun bathing one time. He was the only good dog I've ever had, the rest were less than useless. He came up missing during a trip to my in-laws house. The thing is...I don't trust dogs around kids either. They are too unpredictable.
I have a Pit Bull and a herd of Chihuahuas. The ones I worry about are the little dogs. They have attitudes that are larger than they are. The Pit (which I rescued from the Shelter) I got to protect the maniacal little ones from the coyotes here and about Rancho Cucamonga. My Pit is the gentlest, kindest dog that I've ever known.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#641755 Jul 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I saw "may be" twice and "may have" mentioned once in regard to a loss of genes in that article. There's always the possibility that those particular genes never existed inside the human genome.
Was joking. Not too hung up on our ancient barb penises.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#641756 Jul 16, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious cults prey on feeble-minded and weak-willed cretins like you to do their bidding, death-denying cowardly Christian godbot Al Garcia.
you really must have some serious woodchuck (demon) problems if you can hate Al for being a Christian! you're about the only person i've ever heard accuse him of such a thing.

props to you, Al, for finally earning some persecution points!;-)

Location hidden

#641757 Jul 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The catch net looks interesting. Is it legal to own mongoose (mongeese?) in the U.S.?:]

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#641758 Jul 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about christian apologetics is that the apologetics are for the benefit of the christian themselves. They aren't trying to justify the bible or anything in it to anyone else, christian apologetics is like mantra meditation or self hypnosis to reinforce faith which is shaken by rationality.
"See it could be true..."
"I know it said flaming chariot but how would a goatherd decribe the Saturn V rocket?"
"Snake actually meant,'Sneaky man in a sharp suit with snakeskin shoes' whose name was Stan"......
"The thing about christian apologetics is..."

dat's why i don't apologize to sinners for being ignorant sinners; i try to persuade them that THEY need to do some serious apologizing....AND FAST!;)

Location hidden

#641759 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hay!
Don't be talkin no shit on Donkey.
You don't want RR as an enemy.
:p
What's really scary is that I've seen a couple of these guys lurking around here...in my town.

The only way these turds could know who I am is through topix stalkers. wtf

Westcliffe, CO

#641760 Jul 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The catch net looks interesting. Is it legal to own mongoose (mongeese?) in the U.S.?:]
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...

Try peacocks or guinea fowl.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#641761 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible says a serpent talked, not a snake.
There are 233 English version/translations of the Bible. Are you sure each and every one of them uses the word "serpent"?

The following verses prove that not all Bibles are in agreement with one another.

EX. 20:3 ("You shall not have no other gods before me"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, NAS, MT, NI) versus ("You shall have no other gods except or besides me"--JB, NAB, TEV, BBE, LV). A clash over the first commandment arises from the fact that the former group merely says you must put the god of the Bible at the top of the list. Worship of other gods is not prohibited.

1 SAM. 6:19 ("But God smote of the men of Beth-shemesh ...50,070...."--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT) versus ("...he slew 70 men of them"--RS, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI) versus ("the Lord smote 5,070 men of the people"--LV). Whether God killed 70 people or over 50,000 for a relatively innocuous act bears directly on the biblical teaching in Deut. 32:4, Psalm 9:8, etc. that God is just and righteous. Apparently this troubles scholars and accounts for the dramatic reduction in numbers in many recent translations.

JOB 19:26 ("...yet in my flesh shall I see God"--KJ, LB, NI, TEV, NWT) versus ("then from or without my flesh I shall see God"--RS, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAB, MT, NAS). The latter denies the physical resurrection of mankind which the former affirms.

PROV. 28:3 ("A ruler who oppresses the poor is like a driving rain...."--NI, BBE, NAB, TEV) versus "A poor man that oppresseth the poor"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, AS, NAS, MT, LV). It's hard to visualize how a poor man could oppress the poor which is probably why the NI, NAB and TEV translators reversed the script. The biblical view of an important social issue is quite muddled.

ISA. 7:14 ("Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son...."--KJ, ML, LB, NI, AS, NAB, NAS, LV) versus ("Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son...."--RS, BBE, NEB, TEV, MT) or (a young maiden--JB, NWT). This clash has been debated for centuries and goes to the heart of a critical biblical teaching because it's the only OT prophecy referring to the Messiah's virgin birth.

MICAH 5:2 ("...whose goings forth have been from old from everlasting"--KJ, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...whose origin is from old from ancient days"--RS, JB, NI, NEB, TEV, MT, NAB). Micah 5:2 is supposedly one of the most precise OT prophecies because it supposedly predicts the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. But how could it be referring to Jesus if his goings were "from ancient days" which, unlike "everlasting" denotes a beginning at some time in the distant past? Whether or not the Messiah had an origin is crucial.

MATT. 12:40 ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whale's belly"--KJ, RS, AS, NAB, LV) versus ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the sea-monster"--ML, JB, NEB, NAB) versus ("For as Jonas was in the great fish 3 days and 3 nights"--NI, NWT, TEV, LB, BBE). This conflict bears directly on the accuracy of comments by Jesus since whales are not fish and vice versa.

MARK 1:1 ("The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ"--NI, LB, JB, TEV, NWT) versus ("The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS, LV). The former does not say Jesus wrote the Book of Mark while the latter all but says he did.

MARK 15:39 ("...Truly this man was the son of God"--KJ, RS, NI, AS, NAB, TEV, NAS, LV) versus ("...In truth this man was a son of God"--JB, BBE, NEB). "A" son clearly means there could be other sons of God while "the" son does not.

LUKE 1:27 ("To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph...."--KJ, ML, LB, RS, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NAB, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...with a message for a girl betrothed to a man named Joseph...."--NEB, TEV). The latter translation does not support the idea of a virgin birth.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#641762 Jul 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you really must have some serious woodchuck (demon) problems if you can hate Al for being a Christian! you're about the only person i've ever heard accuse him of such a thing.
props to you, Al, for finally earning some persecution points!;-)
Persecution points? This is really how you think?

Do you feel more righteous each time you get someone to "persecute" (I use that term very generously) you?

Is this a point on your scoreboard?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#641763 Jul 16, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. So do you honestly believe this? An animal - a talking one - convinced Eve to eat a cursed apple, one she knew was cursed, and then got smited into the body of a snake?
I ask again. Do you honestly believe that is what happened?
No, I don't believe that. If the story is literal - in any sense - I believe it was Satan in the guise of an animal and God cursed that animal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Freebird USA 177,904
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 18 min Truthiness 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min Estelle 603,772
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 1 hr Brian 277
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Into The Night 4,160
9/11&bin 3 hr REV CAROL 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr dollarsbill 8,414
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 4 hr ggn gay 590
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
More from around the web