“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#641577 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have that mentality, you atheists do.
The Bible says God CREATED.
You read it saying "POOF".
That's your problem, not mine.
Why should an atheist get upset by the goddidit by magic mentality? There is no reason to get upset with mythology. However you show considerable loathing of anyone who does not subscribe to you personal god ideas, this shows that someone somewhere is upsetting you.

The babble says a lot of things, it says you god is a genocidal maniac who murders children and condones rape and slavery. Do you really think that makes genocide, child murder, rape and slavery OK?

Or are those just some of the things in the babble that you chose to ignore.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#641578 Jul 16, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Haast

That was Bill Haast. Bitten 172 times and lived to 101.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#641579 Jul 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke...
thanks dude! Jesus was crucified for being truthful....remember?;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#641580 Jul 16, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ease up killer. No disrespect intended.
alright partner, thanks for clarifying!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#641581 Jul 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't an issue of giving a juvenile a benefit of a doubt.
You took the job. Smart ass punks are everywhere. Adults handle them. It wasn't a school class, it was evangelism. You were there to persuade, not to dictate.
You didn't go in there to save souls, you went in there with an ego trip preaching the gospel. The kid rattled your cage and you lost control. The other kids were looking at you as an example. They would know he was a smart ass punk. You let the kid steal the show and show you were just on self-righteous ego trip. You failed those kids and the faith because of your false pride.
The sooner you realize that the better.
"You didn't go in there to save souls, you went in there with an ego trip preaching the gospel"

hey brother Dave - if the heavens seem like brass to you until you repent of judging my motives, i'll be here and may accept your apology:-)

Since: May 11

UK

#641582 Jul 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks dude! Jesus was crucified for being truthful....remember?;)
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."...liar or non-existent...? hmmmm

oh btw...god spoke to me last night...your granny says "hi" from purgatory.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#641583 Jul 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a man named Bill Haast in Miami that milked King Cobras every Sunday for decades. Those are very large snakes. About 15 foot in length. He was a small guy, and they were huge. When they raised up they loomed over him. Every Sunday in a courtyard in the grass with the spectators standing around in the breezeway looking on. Nothing in between. He got bit once by them I believe. The only or first man to survive their bite. He was bitten over a hundred times by mambas and most everything else.
Speaking of mambas, we went on a field trip in 6th grade to his place. My teacher was Mrs. Curtis, a lovely older lady in her fifties, short and padded a bit. Dr, Haast milked some snakes for us. One was a green mamba. I was standing near the back with Mrs. Curtis next to me. The snake got away for a brief exciting moment. I turned around and Mrs Curtis was 30 yards away. The lady could move fast.
That man was an awesome human being.
Yeah, milking snakes is a high risk occupation.

The Green Mamba is a beautiful snake. It has a lovely bright green colour, with a moutb that is white inside. Not very easily aggitated, like their close cousins. Also, a possibly fatal bite, but nowhere near as rapid acting or as potent as the Black Mamba. Usually stay in trees and do not bother with humans much.

Methinks the King Cobra story about the only man to survive their bite was a bit of a exaggeration by whomever had told you. Yes, they are massive animals - 10 to 15 feet long. However, their venom is not very potent, when compared to Taipans or Black Mambas. Still lethal, make no mistake, but you do have time enough to make it to hospital after a bite.

Interesting fact: the King Cobra is not technically a cobra. It was called such by the people whom discovered it, due to the massive hood it casts when defending itself. But it does not belong to the genus Naja, as other cobras do. You can see the difference. Scales are different, as are their pupils - instead of bullet round ones, theirs appear flat.

They are, however, the largest venomous snakes on earth, the Black Mamba coming in second and the Taipan coming in third

Westcliffe, CO

#641584 Jul 16, 2013
"Attitude, rather than disposition is more definitive of serpent behavior. From the moment they emerge into this world until they complete their life cycle, their attitude is...

Don't tread on me; I am well equipped to defend myself, but content to pass through life unnoticed. I mean no harm to anything or anyone that our creator has not provided as my bill of fare, I am self-sustaining and I like it that way, please pass me by."

Bill Haast

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#641585 Jul 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B ill_Haast
That was Bill Haast. Bitten 172 times and lived to 101.
I watched a doccie of this bloke! He used cobra venom in an attempt to build his resistance to their bite. Actually donated blood to victims, so.e of whom had recovered. Quite a guy

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#641586 Jul 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No. little Timmy, I just notice more than you.
You woke up very grumpy this morning.
I was referring specifically to your claim that intelligence was set back 1 million years by the KT event.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#641587 Jul 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So god's kinda like that creeper at the bar who hunts for drunk, vulnerable chicks?
No, that would be your sister.
It's just a message that even imperfect people can do wondrous and amazing things. A message of hope.

Westcliffe, CO

#641588 Jul 16, 2013

Haast is an old man in this video. Born 1910.

Location hidden

#641589 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Believe" is supposed to mean the same to us all.
"Accept something as true; feel sure of the truth of; accept the statement of someone as true"
You believe abiogenesis to be true.
Therefore you believe.
Weren't you just playing games with the various definitions of "serpent?" Now you insist that believe has only one definition, and that it means exactly the same thing to all people. If you insist on that definition, then believe is not the right word, which is why I qualified it for you, which is why there should be no confusion in the first place.

Anyways, here are several more definitions:

v.tr.
1. To accept as true or real: Do you believe the news stories?
2. To credit with veracity: I believe you.
3. To expect or suppose; think: I believe they will arrive shortly.
v.intr.
1. To have firm faith, especially religious faith.
2. To have faith, confidence, or trust: I believe in your ability to solve the problem.
3. To have confidence in the truth or value of something: We believe in free speech.
4. To have an opinion; think:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/believe

Numbers 3a and 4b would best describe what "believe" means to me. If you insist on this stupid, meaningless semantic game despite the definitions I just posted, then I will retract my use of the word believe altogether, so that you can stop with this ridiculous, uniquely religious tactic of "your belief is just as unbelievable as my belief."

Since: May 11

UK

#641590 Jul 16, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Green Mamba is a beautiful snake. It has a lovely bright green colour, with a moutb that is white inside. Not very easily aggitated, like their close cousins. Also, a possibly fatal bite, but nowhere near as rapid acting or as potent as the Black Mamba. Usually stay in trees and do not bother with humans much.
Methinks the King Cobra story about the only man to survive their bite was a bit of a exaggeration by whomever had told you. Yes, they are massive animals - 10 to 15 feet long. However, their venom is not very potent, when compared to Taipans or Black Mambas. Still lethal, make no mistake, but you do have time enough to make it to hospital after a bite.
Interesting fact: the King Cobra is not technically a cobra. It was called such by the people whom discovered it, due to the massive hood it casts when defending itself. But it does not belong to the genus Naja, as other cobras do. You can see the difference. Scales are different, as are their pupils - instead of bullet round ones, theirs appear flat.
They are, however, the largest venomous snakes on earth, the Black Mamba coming in second and the Taipan coming in third
http://abcnews.go.com/US/serpent-handling-wes...

...You shall not put the LORD your God to the test....." lol

Location hidden

#641591 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that.
But go on, write your book. Prove me wrong.
I would pay to experience consciousness as you do for 5 minutes.

Location hidden

#641592 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu believe in abiogenesis without ANY evidence of it.
You believe.
Get over it.
Yes, if you accept my qualification of the word believe, which is in line with an accepted definition, I do. But I do not believe as you do.

Location hidden

#641593 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd bet a neolithic goat herder knew a lot more about a snake's behavior than you do.
I'd bet they wouldn't call a snake crafty.
I mean... they did.

Westcliffe, CO

#641594 Jul 16, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
He was bitten 3 times by King Cobras. Watch the video I posted.

He was also bitten by a soft scaled viper or something, similar to a boomslang. I watched him milk a boomslang that day when the mamba got away.

He spent some time in an iron lung from some bite a long time ago.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#641595 Jul 16, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally admitting what? Dinosaur behaviour is something we do not yet fully grasp, because we try to model modern day animals' behaviour on them. Would we be wrong? Yes, in a great many cases.
Have we been right? Yes, certainly. In the case of the debate of the colour of dinosaurs, everybody thougt they were big, green or grey, lumbering reptiles. Palaeontologists then broke this stereotype by suggesting that snakes, lizzards, chameleons and birds all have colourful displays, wjy not dinosaurs? So illiustrations of dinosaurs became more colourful, etc. Remember, these blokes only suggested it based on modern day critters.
Then, a year or three ago, a new slecjes of dinosaur were found in China, Ornithorus Huxleyii (I may have the spelling wrong), where fossilised feathers were found. Feathers containing... Fossilised pigmentation. Under a microscope, this pigmentation could be identified. When fully rendered, the animal has a black body, with dabs of white and a completely insane red headdress, that splays out, almost like a cuckatoo.
It is the first dinosaur we have ever been able to see what its colouration looked like, and it gave us all a start. You see? Speculation? Yes. But it is founded in concrete observations, albeit in the modern day
Yes, yes, yes....

All that specualtion of dinosaurs is conclusive now that they know the color of one.

O_o

Location hidden

#641596 Jul 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"You didn't go in there to save souls, you went in there with an ego trip preaching the gospel"
hey brother Dave - if the heavens seem like brass to you until you repent of judging my motives, i'll be here and may accept your apology:-)
It really is people like you that turn people away from religion. Among many, many other things, but still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 584,609
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min truthandcommonsense 3,687
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Gas Woman 121,675
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min New Age Spiritual... 442,894
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Freebird USA 176,537
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min lil whispers 611,857
Japan should make an official and sincere apolo... 43 min PDXdave 2
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Anne 191
More from around the web