Prove there's a god.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#641776 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 233 English version translations of the alleged word of god, differences between them are part of the problem as to why no two Christians are in complete agreement on what their god want and believes.
Which one says Christ Did NOT die on the Cross and rose again?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#641777 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, I don't believe that. If the story is literal - in any sense - I believe it was Satan in the guise of an animal and God cursed that animal.
When you say "that animal", do you mean Satan-as-animal, or line/type/kind of animal?

If you believe that your god cursed an entire line of animal, because Satan disguised himself as one, I would have to wonder why that doesn't alarm you.

If you just believe that your god cursed Satan only, when and why did he do that? Why does he allow this character to continue thwarting his supposed plans? He either wants him around, doing everything he does, or he doesn't. He either has the power to deal with him, or he doesn't.

If your god has power, the Satan character isn't really necessary to him. He's only necessary to the people that fabricated the myth, as a scapegoat. You could also believe that your god needs him as a scapegoat, but that belief attaches more character defects to it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#641778 Jul 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Persecution points? This is really how you think?
Do you feel more righteous each time you get someone to "persecute" (I use that term very generously) you?
Is this a point on your scoreboard?
can somebody say "CHA CHING" - into the bank of heaven go my PP's! tanks, pal!

LOL - "persecution points" is a term i heard from a witch on one of these threads, i thought it was hilarious and have been using it ever since.

can we be friends?:)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#641779 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The most significant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed. "There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273. Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other source.
So, you've read every single non-Christian "writing" done in ancient times? Wow! You must be omnipresent or "something".

xD

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#641780 Jul 16, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I lol'ed at that. A new level, indeed
GOOBER wants to know if you have any ID ???????
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#641781 Jul 16, 2013
The Crucifixion Facade:

http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/christianity_...

The crucifixion story of Jesus Christ is mythical, based on pagan religions, and makes no sense:

1. There is a complete absence of evidence for the events described - no authors mention the phenomenal events that supposedly occurred at the time of Jesus' resurrection, and, there are no records of Jesus being crucified in the first place. This is despite there being multiple historians of the time who kept extensive records of events in that era, especially of unusual events and the misdeeds of rulers. The only records we have are those written by Christians themselves, the Gospels. And within each of those gospels nearly all details of the crucifixion and resurrection are different. Very important details, such as Jesus' last words, are so different that it appears they are simply being made up by the authors. The earliest Christians did not know simple details such as where Jesus was buried.

2. Most the details of Jesus' death and rebirth are similar to the existing myths surrounding god-men in that era. The similarities to the Christs of other pagan religions are shockingly detailed, so much so that early Church fathers had to defend themselves against pagan critics who said that the stories of Jesus were simply pagan stories with new names.

3. The crucifixion makes no sense. The crucifixion did not empower God as God is omnipotent. It did not aid its understanding of Humanity, as God is omniscient. God did not need to become Human to experience Human suffering: God already knew. God is able to judge us perfectly, because God is perfect, just and all-knowing. The crucifixion of Jesus did not improve God's judgement of us, as God's judgement was perfect both before and after the crucifixion. The crucifixion did not aid us, as "knowing Jesus" was not the point of the crucifixion unless God has arbitrarily condemned everyone to hell who happened to live before the founding of Christianity. That those who lived before the time of Jesus' crucifixion are also judged fairly by (perfect) God means that there was no actual point to it all except as a needless public relations exercise. The entire escapade seems to be an irrational story copied from pre-Christian myths.

Location hidden

#641782 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being dishonest, deceptive and deceitful. You left ouT three key words: FOR IN THE DAY!
"...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: FOR IN THE DAY that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5). God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth.
The King James version does not say that they would die on the day that they ate it.

http://kjvbible.net/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Adam was meant to live forever.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#641783 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in complete agreement with you! However I have found it useful to quote the Bible back to the pew warmers; I call it fighting fire with fire.
Did you know that the following verse is in the Bible and that our resident Pew Warmers teach it to their children on Sunday mornings in Sunday School?
2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"
What kind of sicko would teach that to their children? A pew warming sicko that's who.
I must say, I've never heard that one before. The bible never ceases to amaze.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#641784 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being dishonest, deceptive and deceitful. You left ouT three key words: FOR IN THE DAY!
"...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: FOR IN THE DAY that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5). God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth.
hey Rev.....
(Al quietly Whispers into his his ear)
That was four words.......

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#641785 Jul 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can somebody say "CHA CHING" - into the bank of heaven go my PP's! tanks, pal!
LOL - "persecution points" is a term i heard from a witch on one of these threads, i thought it was hilarious and have been using it ever since.
can we be friends?:)
I don't think you're joking though.

And no, definitely not. Based on your behavior on this thread in just the past day you have revealed yourself to be an incredibly prideful, yet insecure man who once called guards on a child to "win" an argument. It sounds like something out of a comedy sketch.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#641786 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. The KJV.

A medieval translation written BY medieval minds FOR medieval minds.

Location hidden

#641787 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 233 English version translations of the alleged word of god, differences between them are part of the problem as to why no two Christians are in complete agreement on what their god want and believes.
There is one Way to agree and that is Love. Romans 13:8-10

If you treat someone with love it is impossible to break biblical law. If we truly love someone we won't steal from them or lie about them or kill them. That is Christian Law.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641788 Jul 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say "that animal", do you mean Satan-as-animal, or line/type/kind of animal?
If you believe that your god cursed an entire line of animal, because Satan disguised himself as one, I would have to wonder why that doesn't alarm you.
If you just believe that your god cursed Satan only, when and why did he do that? Why does he allow this character to continue thwarting his supposed plans? He either wants him around, doing everything he does, or he doesn't. He either has the power to deal with him, or he doesn't.
If your god has power, the Satan character isn't really necessary to him. He's only necessary to the people that fabricated the myth, as a scapegoat. You could also believe that your god needs him as a scapegoat, but that belief attaches more character defects to it.
I think God used the snake to be a forever symbolic reminder of the Fall. You still think of it.

Job well done, God!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641789 Jul 16, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
The Crucifixion Facade:
http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/christianity_...
The crucifixion story of Jesus Christ is mythical,
So says the Satanist author of Vexen.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641790 Jul 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I must say, I've never heard that one before. The bible never ceases to amaze.
It's supposed to amaze you.

But had you done any homework on that, you'd know it was a warning from Rabshakeh.

Then if you did more homework, you'd learn that Rabshakeh was an apostate Jew.

But no. You choose willfull ignorance.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#641791 Jul 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The King James version does not say that they would die on the day that they ate it.

http://kjvbible.net/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Adam was meant to live forever.
Forever is a long time.

Even longer than 930 years.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#641792 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ugh. The KJV.

A medieval translation written BY medieval minds FOR medieval minds.
Ah.

Well.

What version SHOUKD everybody read.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#641793 Jul 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is how you see, light itself cannot be seen, what the brain interprets as light is a range of electromagnetic frequencies/radiation that make up the “visible” light spectrum that are converted to electrical signals for analysis by the brain.
You are however entitled to your view that we can see light because you are able to interpret that white light can be split into a spectrum. This however is not fact, it is only your view.
Here is a basic 101 from Nasa
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/a...
And here is a little more in depth from Cornell uni.
http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...
And claiming something is ridiculous because you don’t understand is no better then godbots and creatards. I really thought you were at least one step above “I believe so it must be Truth” Note the capital T
The question is how you see, light itself cannot be seen, what the brain interprets as light is a range of frequencies that make up the “visible” light spectrum that are converted to electrical signals.
Electrical energy is not light.
You are however entitled to your view that we can see light because you are able to interpret that white light can be split into a spectrum. This however is not fact.
Here is a basic 101 from Nasa
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/a...
And here is a little more in depth from Cornell uni.
http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...
Sorry hunny, but you need to re read the information in your own links, they do not support your intention.
There is lots of light in the EM band we cannot see, but we in fact can and do see the light in the visible spectrum.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#641794 Jul 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I think God used the snake to be a forever symbolic reminder of the Fall. You still think of it.

Job well done, God!
Kiss up.

Location hidden

#641795 Jul 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not right with God, if you were you would have sold your computer and given all the money to the poor as instructed:
a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)
There is no such thing as a Christian because not a one of them is willing to do what they are told. Yet they come here to insist that others obey this bronze aged myth.
Jesus was pointing out that the "love" of money was keeping the wealthy from loving God. I doubt anyone here is wealthy but if they love things above anything else then their love is pointless. What do you love most? Your car, your house, maybe your bank account? If you love things that cannot love you back then you really don't have much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Chilli J 45,772
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 691,919
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Johnny 393
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr --IslandGurL-- 4,394
"Come on in the house,A.C. We wanna talk to O.J." 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Eagle 12 - 6,700
Mista Shrink Doo Doo Bwain! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 3
More from around the web