Prove there's a god.

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments (Page 30,436)

Showing posts 608,701 - 608,720 of719,807
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641132
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you.
What do you think 'abiogenesis' means?
Translated, it is the beginning of life on earth.
Would you agree that life on earth started? If yes, then you believe that it has happened.
Capiche?
Negative. Abiogenesis is the supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter.

I don't believe in that.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641133
Jul 15, 2013
 
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>So do you.

What do you think 'abiogenesis' means?

Translated, it is the beginning of life on earth.

Would you agree that life on earth started? If yes, then you believe that it has happened.

Capiche?
He won't.

I've tried.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641134
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. Like a salamander, a gecko, a legless lizard?
Hey, why don't you just save us both some time, and say that before Eve ate the unholy apple, snakes had legs, big brains and were capable of rational conversational exchanges? And after letting Eve eat the apple, he was punished by having his legs taken away and vocal chords removed?
I mean, it is not as if this story is any less plausible than what you have got there in Genesis, why not roll with it?
No.

Why, when you read 'serpent', do you automatically think 'lizard'?

A definition of serpent is a treacherous person that exploits trust in order to betray it.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641135
Jul 15, 2013
 
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Being able to make a few choices, in NO WAY equates free will, lol.
How well do you know your babble...I mean bible?
Have you REALLY read it?
FYI:
The Bible teaches that there is no free will.
Examining Exodus, Ecclesiastes 7, Ephesians 1, Ephesians 2, Matthew 5:45, Acts 13, Romans 8, Roman 9, 2 Timothy, 2 Thessalonians, Titus 3:4-5 and Revelations, we see that God's plan overrides our free will; those that do good do the specific good that God predestined them to do, and all others are ruled by Satan because God sends "powerful delusions" to them.
The Christian Bible frequently states that God creates our future and decides our fates, no matter what our own will is.
It constantly denies that we have free will.
Some of the foremost Christians in history have taught that there is no free will, including St. Augustine (one of the four great founders of Western Christianity1), Martin Luther (founder of Protestantism) and John Calvin.
So, it's just a cop out and excuse Christians use for God not helping us whatsoever, in our most dire need...sandy hook for example.
This is why Christianity irks me...it's SO hypocritical, and contradictory!!!!
The Bible Affirms Predeterminism and Denies Free Will!!!!!
You trying to lump ONE or two "Choices" made in the bible, and attribute them as meaning "free will" is WRONG, and completely goes against what the bible REALLY says!
Have you read the bible?
as far as what i think about Calvin's view on Free will...?
-I'm not a Calvinist.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641136
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I feel that if a person has tried to live their life by the Golden Rule then there is no need for "hope" of an after-life, since whether they are religious or not they will be at peace in their last moments. Like I told my great gammy when she was dying from kidney failure, "You are a good person so if there is an after-life you won't be going to hell, and if there isn't one (after-life) then you simply slip away and there is nothing; no pain, no sorrow. Either way of thinking/belief is good enough for someone who has a clean conscience.
OH OH......:-(

hon, you know how much i like you and most everything you say.....BUT i'd be remiss if i didn't use this opportunity to stand for the Gospel of Jesus Christ:

if a person thinks that they're good enough to stand on their own merit rather than depend on the Blood of Christ, His sacrifice will avail NOTHING for them.

therefore, granny better had completely kept every detail of God's law without fail, even once, or she won't enter Christ's Kingdom, sorry to say.....

"many will say on that day "didn't we do (this that or the other thing) in your Name" and I will say "depart from Me, you worker of iniquity(self-interests), I NEVER KNEW YOU!" Jesus

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641137
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you.
What do you think 'abiogenesis' means?
Translated, it is the beginning of life on earth.
Would you agree that life on earth started? If yes, then you believe that it has happened.
Capiche?
Actually it is the beginning of life anywhere on a material basis. It is just a transformation of mass/energy into energy/mass.

Yes, our life was formed from the mass and energy signature of the earth. A proven scientific fact, it it not? Even the Bible says it is a fact.

Mass/energy=nuts and bolts

Mass is screwed together to make assemblages. The screwing is energy. It is an interlocking and interweaving. Add a method of the mass/energy to reach out and grab other mass/energy and transform it to maintain its structure and energy flow and you have life. Life "eats" mass/energy, and energy/mass.

Some energy/mass can detect it is made of of building blocks of mass/energy, those nuts and bolts that put it together. It can even make thingies using those same nuts and bolts it is assembled from.

Intelligent life will realize that its assemblage has an extremely high probability of being designed and set into motion where it can make those thingies, and how it transforms mass/energy into what it needs to maintain itself.

Unintelligent life remains a rutabaga or a Topix atheist.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641138
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget.
God is here for the losers.
You are right.
Consider the roll call of Godís imperfect heroes:

Noah got drunk.
Abraham lied about his wife.
Sarah laughed at God.
Jacob was a deceiver.
Moses murdered an Egyptian.
Rahab was a harlot.
Gideon was fearful.
Jephthah made a foolish vow.
Samson had serious problems with lust and anger.
Eli failed as a father.
David was an adulterer and a murderer.
Solomon married foreign wives who turned his heart toward idolatry.
Elijah struggled with depression.
Jonah ran away from God.
Peter denied Christ.
Paul argued with Barnabas.
Barnabas compromised the gospel.
James and John wanted special seats in the kingdom.
All the apostles argued about who was the greatest.

God prefers people who know their weakness, see their flaws, admit their mistakes, and cry out to him for help.
If God chose only well-rounded people with no character flaws, some of the credit would inevitably go to the people and not to the Lord. By choosing flawed people with a bad past, a shaky present, and an uncertain future, God alone gets the glory when they accomplish amazing things by his power.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641139
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Why, when you read 'serpent', do you automatically think 'lizard'?
A definition of serpent is a treacherous person that exploits trust in order to betray it.
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/otherprehistori...

What I find intriguing about Topix atheists is their inconsistency in knowledge and intelligence.

Everyone knows snakes had legs at one time. Yet they argue about stupid things like a serpent has always been a snake that slithers.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641140
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

RetardoFire wrote:
You are the one with the strong faith to believe intelligent life formed from that puddle of crud and some chemicals.
Kid, you're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum when you'd be well-advised to gather the courage to leave your self-degrading cultist lifestyle and become a rational adult.

Science is based in reality on observations and experiments. There's no faith required in studying science with supporting evidence.

Religion is the antithesis of science. Religion is based on dogma with absolutely no supporting evidence. It's totally inappropriate to refer to a dogma based indoctrination system as a faith based belief system.

All of the scientific evidence fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth. It's a near certainty that life on earth began as a result of a reaction between chemical compounds whether or not a religiously retarded imbecile like you ever is man enough to accept facts in contradiction to your Christian brainwashing.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641141
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

RetardoFire wrote:
How do you live without a hope in the after-life?
There's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of the juvenile concepts of mythical deities or afterlife paradises. A life spent as a willing slave to a barbaric religious cult with ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma is a completely wasted life lived in shame.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641142
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Double Fine wrote:
You are still not getting it
If your god did anything in defiance of natural laws, it is done by magic.
And you claiming that makes any discussion worthless. Because just as you can claim your god can make plants grow without sun, I can claim the PowerPuff girls can do it too.
Geddit? Magic is any inversion/distortion of the natural order.
You mean I;m not getting it the way you see it?

LOL. Ok. Say you travel back in time 50,000 years. You meet the humans that existed then and show them your Zippo.**magic**

No. Our understanding, or lack thereof, can not define how God works. So you call it magic.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641143
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever play Assassin's Creed?
Whenever the hero kills a soldier, all the others start attacking. If you decide to run, and manage to get out of sight, you can then assume a pious posture-head bowed, hands in prater-and slip into a small crowd of priests and the soldiers stop looking.
Sounds like what Peter did.
Assassin's Creed is one of the best games ever!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641144
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But I bet he doesn't worship it.
But he believes that abiogenesis is correct - without any supporting evidence.

Timn has faith.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641145
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
So...you're a pile of sh!t?
It would be accurate to describe humans converted to godbots with no desire to be deconverted back to humans as piles of shit with a pulse.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641146
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>OH OH......:-(

hon, you know how much i like you and most everything you say.....BUT i'd be remiss if i didn't use this opportunity to stand for the Gospel of Jesus Christ:

if a person thinks that they're good enough to stand on their own merit rather than depend on the Blood of Christ, His sacrifice will avail NOTHING for them.

therefore, granny better had completely kept every detail of God's law without fail, even once, or she won't enter Christ's Kingdom, sorry to say.....

"many will say on that day "didn't we do (this that or the other thing) in your Name" and I will say "depart from Me, you worker of iniquity(self-interests), I NEVER KNEW YOU!" Jesus
No need to scare the shit out of her in her last moments.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641147
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/otherprehistori...
What I find intriguing about Topix atheists is their inconsistency in knowledge and intelligence.
Everyone knows snakes had legs at one time. Yet they argue about stupid things like a serpent has always been a snake that slithers.
Good point.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641148
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>You are right.
Consider the roll call of God’s imperfect heroes:

Noah got drunk.
Abraham lied about his wife.
Sarah laughed at God.
Jacob was a deceiver.
Moses murdered an Egyptian.
Rahab was a harlot.
Gideon was fearful.
Jephthah made a foolish vow.
Samson had serious problems with lust and anger.
Eli failed as a father.
David was an adulterer and a murderer.
Solomon married foreign wives who turned his heart toward idolatry.
Elijah struggled with depression.
Jonah ran away from God.
Peter denied Christ.
Paul argued with Barnabas.
Barnabas compromised the gospel.
James and John wanted special seats in the kingdom.
All the apostles argued about who was the greatest.

God prefers people who know their weakness, see their flaws, admit their mistakes, and cry out to him for help.
If God chose only well-rounded people with no character flaws, some of the credit would inevitably go to the people and not to the Lord. By choosing flawed people with a bad past, a shaky present, and an uncertain future, God alone gets the glory when they accomplish amazing things by his power.
I would think god would more appreciate those who did the best they could and didn't pester him all the time.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641149
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Myth Buster wrote:
All of the scientific evidence fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth.
What scientific evidence exists that says all life on earth started naturally?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641150
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is the beginning of life anywhere on a material basis. It is just a transformation of mass/energy into energy/mass.
Yes, our life was formed from the mass and energy signature of the earth. A proven scientific fact, it it not? Even the Bible says it is a fact.
Mass/energy=nuts and bolts
Mass is screwed together to make assemblages. The screwing is energy. It is an interlocking and interweaving. Add a method of the mass/energy to reach out and grab other mass/energy and transform it to maintain its structure and energy flow and you have life. Life "eats" mass/energy, and energy/mass.
Some energy/mass can detect it is made of of building blocks of mass/energy, those nuts and bolts that put it together. It can even make thingies using those same nuts and bolts it is assembled from.
Intelligent life will realize that its assemblage has an extremely high probability of being designed and set into motion where it can make those thingies, and how it transforms mass/energy into what it needs to maintain itself.
Unintelligent life remains a rutabaga or a Topix atheist.
Well Said.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641151
Jul 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be accurate to describe humans converted to godbots with no desire to be deconverted back to humans as piles of shit with a pulse.
You were a Christian once.

You can be again.

You're in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 608,701 - 608,720 of719,807
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

437 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min USA Born 532,221
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min The Awakener 172,179
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Remnant of 144000 38,436
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,928
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Dave Nelson 223,974
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min NoStress4me 599,025
Tax Squeal Report Tax Fraud | Tax Schemes 22 min quarrie oriard 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Insults Are Easier 256,337
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••