“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#641187 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/otherprehistori...
What I find intriguing about Topix atheists is their inconsistency in knowledge and intelligence.
Everyone knows snakes had legs at one time. Yet they argue about stupid things like a serpent has always been a snake that slithers.
Snakes evolved from their serpinetine ancestors about 200 million years ago. They had shorter bodies and legs. In fact, you can still feel the remnants of the legs, if you hold the animal.

Obviously, they had undergone a lot of changes. The shape of the lung, the venom glands, heat seeking pits, Jacobsen's organ, etc etc etc.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#641188 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. The definition of a serpent is that?? You are using the most ambigious, the most metaphorical defintion of the word?
RR if you start playing that game, you have lost.
But do this experiment. Go to someone who speaks ancient Hebrew. Ask him to show you a picture of a 'serpent'.
No one speaks ancient Hebrew. Unless they have tapes from the time.

Ancient languages, and translations, are ALL a guessing game.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#641189 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You were a Christian once.
Myth Buster wrote:

there's no such thing as a Christian
You were a Christian once.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641190 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

No.
Why, when you read 'serpent', do you automatically think 'lizard'?
A definition of serpent is a treacherous person that exploits trust in order to betray it.
Double Fine wrote:
Lol. The definition of a serpent is that?? You are using the most ambigious, the most metaphorical defintion of the word?
RR if you start playing that game, you have lost.
But do this experiment. Go to someone who speaks ancient Hebrew. Ask him to show you a picture of a 'serpent'.
No. I did not say 'the' definition of a serpent is that.

I said 'A' definition of a serpent is that.

There is no game I'm playing, you just misunderstood my post.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641191 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying we are yet to discover that pla ts actually existed before the sun?
You are grasping at straws here, RR
No, dammit. I'm saying that it's possible.

#641192 Jul 15, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Metal Gods are the only real gods.
Amen!

You are a Judas Priest fan?? Never would have guessed. My dad was a huge fan and I listened to them at the age of 9. Priest, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Van Halen... I was raised well.

Rob Halford or Tim "Ripper" Owens?

I am partial to Ripper, truth be told

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#641193 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Formulae and theoretical framework build cages.

Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone, that soar above,
Enjoy such liberty.

To Althea, From Prison (Richard Lovelace)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#641194 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely in this solar system.
What's "not"?

San Francisco, CA

#641195 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Broken record.
YOU have the nerve to say that?

How many times have you written that it's a serpent, not a snake?

And I'm betting you'll do it again; and again.

San Francisco, CA

#641196 Jul 15, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You should seek professional help for your mental illness instead of seeking out bovine excrement to support your own inane delusions, Christ denying cowardly Atheist Myth Booger
YOU SAID THAT?

Westcliffe, CO

#641197 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Snakes evolved from their serpinetine ancestors about 200 million years ago. They had shorter bodies and legs. In fact, you can still feel the remnants of the legs, if you hold the animal.
Obviously, they had undergone a lot of changes. The shape of the lung, the venom glands, heat seeking pits, Jacobsen's organ, etc etc etc.
And?

A very old book described a snake being changed from something else.

As the article said, their origin is still mysterious.

Maybe they talked.

Westcliffe, CO

#641199 Jul 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone, that soar above,
Enjoy such liberty.
To Althea, From Prison (Richard Lovelace)
Ah, the Catcher is a closet theist, deist, or something besides atheist.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#641200 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>...it's the fact of what's written in the Bible. Both in Genesis and Revelation, it is called a serpent, not a snake. Dumb atheist.
There are 233 English version translations of the Bible in existence today. What ever is used, serpent or snake, Christians insist it was Satan or the devil.

"...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for IN THE DAY that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5).

God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth. Yet, according to Titus 1:2 "God never lies."

To try to get out of this problem of God lying apologists will add the word spiritual to the text and claim it was a spiritual death but that is not what the text says. Christians love to insert words into what they assert is God's word so it will say what they wished it said.

And finally, in Gen. 3:14 God said to the serpent, "...upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...."

Serpents do not now and never have eaten dust. If the serpent represents the Devil, he does not eat dust either; so, in either case God did not tell the truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641201 Jul 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU have the nerve to say that?
How many times have you written that it's a serpent, not a snake?
And I'm betting you'll do it again; and again.
Genesis 3:1

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.

Are snakes crafty?

San Francisco, CA

#641202 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
A very old book described a snake being changed from something else.
As the article said, their origin is still mysterious.
Maybe they talked.
I may be wrong, but perhaps snakes evolved from magnets?

San Francisco, CA

#641203 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the Catcher is a closet theist, deist, or something besides atheist.
Richard Lovelace wrote that lovely poem.

Catcher does not believe in deities.

Magnets rule!

#641204 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/mo...
Watch.
http://youtu.be/GM4_51K4PjM
Read and watch:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/739229
Now keep in mind that this doesn't prove it did happen, just that it naturally could happen.
No, it is some guy doing a computer sim and a newspaper reported on it.

There is not one credible observation made. No dissertation. No hypothesis. No theory

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#641205 Jul 15, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
most posters? I'm not seeing that, care to provide a list?
What's this now? Career envy as well and gender dysmorphic syndrome?
Dude...please! LOL
Let me guess, Mr. Barrister, you're Dr. IANS' alter ego? Or maybe Hidingfromyou of the Imagined Mock Doctorate? How about counselor Catcher1's? Don't forget Bob of Quantum Faith, the heater repairman who romped around here claiming that he was a Dr. until he was busted. Yep, most of the radical atheists on Topix claim to be doctors or lawyers, not that it's not common on the web to play that game but Topix faux people tend to be the more hilarious of web's extremely deluded. Envy? That's a hoot. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better, after all, who am I to interfere with your lame fantasies.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#641206 Jul 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAID THAT?
I did.......
Was that a bad thing?

Westcliffe, CO

#641207 Jul 15, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 233 English version translations of the Bible in existence today. What ever is used, serpent or snake, Christians insist it was Satan or the devil.
"...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for IN THE DAY that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5).
God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth. Yet, according to Titus 1:2 "God never lies."
To try to get out of this problem of God lying apologists will add the word spiritual to the text and claim it was a spiritual death but that is not what the text says. Christians love to insert words into what they assert is God's word so it will say what they wished it said.
And finally, in Gen. 3:14 God said to the serpent, "...upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...."
Serpents do not now and never have eaten dust. If the serpent represents the Devil, he does not eat dust either; so, in either case God did not tell the truth.
You are going to make a good fundie when you grow up. Just a click of a dial away. You have the perfect mindset for it.

Nothing wrong with that. It and your innocence will get you to heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Max consultant: Process after consulting job co... 3 min max consultant 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Pegasus 270,002
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min Epiphany2 609,764
dallas technologies reviews 56 min arti gupta 4
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 103
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Christina La Vey 578,722
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 5,912
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Roberta G 176,196
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web