|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
link just pulls up YouTube...not a particular site...
last time I checked...I didn't claim to be Eve signed in though...
But you are claiming to be Truth while claiming to not be ego-driven. Oy gevelt.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the evidence and we'll talk. I've been down this road with several posters...Not one has been able to provide sufficient evidence...no matter how many slices of the universe you base it on.
So let me get this straight, you are making a claim that there is no other life in the vast cosmos and you are asking for others to debunk your claim with evidence that there is no other life? Bwahahahahaha.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction...you've never found God.
No one has. If you can't define it, you haven't either. You have found your ego. Nothing more. Like the back of a Playboy centerfold, your god has all the dislikes and likes with you in common.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
The bigger question should be : Which requires more faith in the impossible, Abiogenesis or Santa?
Once again, thanks for demonstrating your willful ignorance of science and scientific methodology. Do you take great personal pride in making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid?

It can be stated with near certainty that life began as a reaction between chemical compounds.

http://anotheratheist.tumblr.com/post/7024181...
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot simply conclude, since your crime rate is high, therefore deterrents do not work, and throw the idea of deterrents out. Society is a lot more complex than that, and you have to bring everything to bear in combating crime. You have to look at why the deterrent is not working in your countrys case. It could be financial inequality, high unemployment etc which will make people be forced into crime. In such a case, do not apply the extreme deterrent. A person caught for stealing a watch may present his case as to why he stole and couldn't see any other way.
It is a fantasy to think that you can save them all. Innocents will die. I would rather have the state mistakenly executing a few innocents, than have the entire community overrun by thugs and innocents dying in dozens at their hands, and as if that is not enough, get the community to pay for these thugs to relax in prison.
You are fixating on this issue of innocents dying. It's as if you prefer they die on the street at the hands of gangsters, but as long as the state's conscience is clean, all is good.
If crime is high, it is a problem of unemployment and education and that has to be addressed on one side, but that doesn't mean you throw the deterrent out on the other side.
There is a difference between having the deterrent and enforcing it on a wide scale.
Is True Truth more true than Truth Signed In?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

You are under illusion because of the measuring tool you choose.
Funny, but every Theist measures with their Magic Decoder Ring of Discernment and none of them agree. We even have True Truth vs Truth Signed In who can't agree on the truth. One of them must be lying.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Can we get Truth Signed In and True Truth in the Octagon to find out which one, if either, even knows what truth is?

Marquis of Queensbury Rules, of course. We wouldn't want to offend Marcus Bachmann.

Stand your ground boys. Go!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the evidence and we'll talk. I've been down this road with several posters...Not one has been able to provide sufficient evidence...no matter how many slices of the universe you base it on.
We only have explored the earth, the moon and a wee bit of Mars. It is nkt even a drop in the ocean

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you clowns call that a soul? There's magic for you. Funny, free willy, but the conscious part of the brain is a small percentage of what actually goes on in there. Unless, of course, every four seconds you have to remind yourself to breathe.
Then describe the physical processes of how that conscious portion detached from the autonomous works.

Give us some facts. Hip action instead of lip action. Give us an example of the standards you demand of others.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Which god? What is the exact nature of that god? Is it a god as imagined by someone in the US? Well, then, odds are it is a Christian god. But, this is where it gets quite tricky.
Is it the Anabaptist version? Catholic? Baptist? Presbyterian?
Baptist, you say (hypothetically)?
Is it the Alliance of Baptists?
The Liberty Baptist Fellowship?
The General Association of Regular Baptist Churches?
Oh, it's the GARBC?
Well them would it be the First Baptist Church in the City of New York or perhaps the Bethel Baptist Church in Schaumburg, IL? Wait, oh, it's the First Baptist Church in Walnut Creek, CA? Okay.
Well then, is it Fred in pew 7's version or Dewey in pew 3's version? They have been having a philosophical disagreement over annihilation versus eternal torture that is threatening another schism in that church. The gossip hounds are abuzz about it.
We could discuss every denomination and down to every adherent in the exact same way. Then we could move on to the million other gods conceived by men. Strangely, the gods are silent. After all, what is invisible and what is non-existent are indistinguishable.
Unless you describe the exact nature of your god and define it, there is nothing to debunk. You might as well be tilting at windmills, Quixote.
Well, generally speaking, there are typically three major concepts...theism, deism, and pantheism...and most theist generally agree on who they believe God is, but do have conflicting views about all the adjectives one might use to define God. So...I'll give you that. For me...God is the supreme and divine Creator of the universe and all that it encompasses. I personally believe Him to be omnipotent, omniscient, and benevolent...I also believe in the Trinity...which holds that God is the Father, Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit all in one.

Does that answer your question?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp. That IS free will.
Free will us defined as the ability to act at one's own discretion.
Choice = free will.
No choice = no free will.
<quoted text>
No, but by the nature of your posts, I'd say you are.
<quoted text>
Yes. And studied it.
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
There's your Satanist's words yet again.
Examine Exodus. Which part of Exodus tells you that you have no free will?
Go.
The vast majority if the things that happen in your brain are to a matter of choice or even conscious effort. Take fight or flight, for example. Or something as simple as respiration. Consciousness is a minute portion of the brain. Free will is an illusion and a childish apologetic to get around an allegedly omnibenevolent that also invents evil. Nice try, though.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Belief is yours, not my idea of the origin of life. So whatever you believe, because it isn't my belief.
So you are saying you got nothing?

I can believe that.

You could say that in fewer words, though, instead of a semi-coherent string of whatever it is you think you think or not believe or whatever
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The experiments they run do help us, sometimes.
The meteorites got there when nothing exploded and magically turned into something.
Or something like that.
Or, an invisible cloud guy breathed into dirt and made a dude who first started scrapping animals until his rib was stolen. Or, something like that.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about imagination, Aura. It's about understanding basics things about the Bible.
Nowhere does the Bible say that God poofed anything into existence, Genesis is very clear in using the word "create".
Nowhere does it say that God is a skydaddy that lives in the clouds.
These examples are just the biblical ignorance that keeps you an atheist.
Genesis 1-6:8 refutes you.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Not mistaken at all. Not once has a theist described the exact nature of their personal god. Your dodge here proves it.
I have read the entire thread. We get rhetorical tricks. We get philosophical sophistry. We get egotistical rants. We get utter lying nonsense, but, nowhere do we get one ounce of repeatable, testable, tangible, falsifiable evidence nor do we get an exact definition of what anyone means by a god.
Try again.
well..you must've missed a few pages..because I've attested to my personal belief. Additionally, I've been adamant that God cannot be proven by repeatable, testable, tangible, falsifiable evidence...so throw that out when discussing God with me...because I've never claimed God can be proven by such means and therefore see no reason to argue the matter.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Well then you are as ridiculous as what you are railing against.
Let's play a game. It's time for Christian dishonesty. Watch the following video. It warms the cockles of the heart.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Try watching it without your Dreams of Heaven Kalaidescope Glasses and be honest with yourself. If the theistic position is so strong, why the bag of tricks?
It was a sarcastic joke...do you have a sense of humor at all? If not...you simply won't be able to keep up...sorry to confuse you.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists believe that nothing come form nothing with no cause at all and that nothing somehow magically turned itself from nothing into something.
Their head profit teaches them this.
“The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved literally out of nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.”
“The Ancestor’s Tale”- Dawkins.
I don't believe that nor is Dawkins my pope. I am an atheist. That makes you nothing more than a petty liar, or, more aptly, a theist.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying you got nothing?
I can believe that.
You could say that in fewer words, though, instead of a semi-coherent string of whatever it is you think you think or not believe or whatever
I have no idea about the origins of life. Nothing has been proven. Claiming a god did it is just an argument from ignorance. That you consider that a position of authority is telling.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, generally speaking, there are typically three major concepts...theism, deism, and pantheism...and most theist generally agree on who they believe God is, but do have conflicting views about all the adjectives one might use to define God. So...I'll give you that. For me...God is the supreme and divine Creator of the universe and all that it encompasses. I personally believe Him to be omnipotent, omniscient, and benevolent...I also believe in the Trinity...which holds that God is the Father, Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit all in one.
Does that answer your question?
Not even close. I asked you to describe the exact nature of your god. All you have given here is fluff.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then describe the physical processes of how that conscious portion detached from the autonomous works.
Give us some facts. Hip action instead of lip action. Give us an example of the standards you demand of others.
Did I make that claim? I am not going to support claims you have made, nimrod. Your claims are insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

507 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Porkpie Hat 256,649
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Chess Jurist 532,919
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min yon 1,545
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min An NFL Fan 115,284
The 'REAL' reason Michael Sam's father didn't ... 43 min Doctor REALITY 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Aura Mytha 224,355
So what happens if the Rams cut Michael Sams??? 53 min yon 9
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 172,474
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr kalei 79
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••