Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#641183 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean I;m not getting it the way you see it?
LOL. Ok. Say you travel back in time 50,000 years. You meet the humans that existed then and show them your Zippo.**magic**
No. Our understanding, or lack thereof, can not define how God works. So you call it magic.
So you are saying we are yet to discover that pla ts actually existed before the sun?

You are grasping at straws here, RR

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#641184 Jul 15, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's truly a shame you're not institutionalized where stark raving mad insane lunatics like you belong. Anti-theists oppose religious brainwashing which produces cults of blissfully ignorant self-righteous piles of shit like you. There's never been an anti-theist regime where the citizens have outgrown their childish need for imaginary friends, kid.
I'm glad we don't live in your pol pot type of world of hate and bigotry. You are consumed with hate for others that don't believe in the puddle of crud, I understand what you are doing, but the outcome is greatly making my faith stronger. Thanks for that.

Elk Grove, CA

#641185 Jul 15, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! In reality, there's no such thing as a Christian and I certainly was never indoctrinated into your barbaric cult.
We don't refer to children as pre-Clausian, Clausian and post-Clausian. We shouldn't refer to brainwashed godbots via Christian indoctrination as pre-Christian, Christian and post-Christian.
Unfortunately, you weren't man enough to resist Christian brainwashing and you'll never be man enough to escape your Christian enslavement. You truly are a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell, punk.
You need to crawl back in your frozen cave before you thaw out completely. Maybe you are the missing link.....LOL

Elk Grove, CA

#641186 Jul 15, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality Check: You're living in a death-denying hate cult. I oppose all cults. There aren't any beliefs to opposing cults, kid.
I agree, I don't like cults either. Glad I'm not in one. Jesus didn't like them either. Thanks for that.

#641187 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/otherprehistori...
What I find intriguing about Topix atheists is their inconsistency in knowledge and intelligence.
Everyone knows snakes had legs at one time. Yet they argue about stupid things like a serpent has always been a snake that slithers.
Snakes evolved from their serpinetine ancestors about 200 million years ago. They had shorter bodies and legs. In fact, you can still feel the remnants of the legs, if you hold the animal.

Obviously, they had undergone a lot of changes. The shape of the lung, the venom glands, heat seeking pits, Jacobsen's organ, etc etc etc.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#641188 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. The definition of a serpent is that?? You are using the most ambigious, the most metaphorical defintion of the word?
RR if you start playing that game, you have lost.
But do this experiment. Go to someone who speaks ancient Hebrew. Ask him to show you a picture of a 'serpent'.
No one speaks ancient Hebrew. Unless they have tapes from the time.

Ancient languages, and translations, are ALL a guessing game.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#641189 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You were a Christian once.
Myth Buster wrote:

there's no such thing as a Christian
You were a Christian once.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641190 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

No.
Why, when you read 'serpent', do you automatically think 'lizard'?
A definition of serpent is a treacherous person that exploits trust in order to betray it.
Double Fine wrote:
Lol. The definition of a serpent is that?? You are using the most ambigious, the most metaphorical defintion of the word?
RR if you start playing that game, you have lost.
But do this experiment. Go to someone who speaks ancient Hebrew. Ask him to show you a picture of a 'serpent'.
No. I did not say 'the' definition of a serpent is that.

I said 'A' definition of a serpent is that.

There is no game I'm playing, you just misunderstood my post.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641191 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying we are yet to discover that pla ts actually existed before the sun?
You are grasping at straws here, RR
No, dammit. I'm saying that it's possible.

#641192 Jul 15, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Metal Gods are the only real gods.
Amen!

You are a Judas Priest fan?? Never would have guessed. My dad was a huge fan and I listened to them at the age of 9. Priest, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Van Halen... I was raised well.

Rob Halford or Tim "Ripper" Owens?

I am partial to Ripper, truth be told

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#641193 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Formulae and theoretical framework build cages.

Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone, that soar above,
Enjoy such liberty.

To Althea, From Prison (Richard Lovelace)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#641194 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely in this solar system.
What's "not"?

Fremont, CA

#641195 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Broken record.
YOU have the nerve to say that?

How many times have you written that it's a serpent, not a snake?

And I'm betting you'll do it again; and again.

Fremont, CA

#641196 Jul 15, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You should seek professional help for your mental illness instead of seeking out bovine excrement to support your own inane delusions, Christ denying cowardly Atheist Myth Booger
YOU SAID THAT?

Westcliffe, CO

#641197 Jul 15, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Snakes evolved from their serpinetine ancestors about 200 million years ago. They had shorter bodies and legs. In fact, you can still feel the remnants of the legs, if you hold the animal.
Obviously, they had undergone a lot of changes. The shape of the lung, the venom glands, heat seeking pits, Jacobsen's organ, etc etc etc.
And?

A very old book described a snake being changed from something else.

As the article said, their origin is still mysterious.

Maybe they talked.

Westcliffe, CO

#641199 Jul 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone, that soar above,
Enjoy such liberty.
To Althea, From Prison (Richard Lovelace)
Ah, the Catcher is a closet theist, deist, or something besides atheist.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#641200 Jul 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>...it's the fact of what's written in the Bible. Both in Genesis and Revelation, it is called a serpent, not a snake. Dumb atheist.
There are 233 English version translations of the Bible in existence today. What ever is used, serpent or snake, Christians insist it was Satan or the devil.

"...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for IN THE DAY that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5).

God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth. Yet, according to Titus 1:2 "God never lies."

To try to get out of this problem of God lying apologists will add the word spiritual to the text and claim it was a spiritual death but that is not what the text says. Christians love to insert words into what they assert is God's word so it will say what they wished it said.

And finally, in Gen. 3:14 God said to the serpent, "...upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...."

Serpents do not now and never have eaten dust. If the serpent represents the Devil, he does not eat dust either; so, in either case God did not tell the truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#641201 Jul 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU have the nerve to say that?
How many times have you written that it's a serpent, not a snake?
And I'm betting you'll do it again; and again.
Genesis 3:1

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.

Are snakes crafty?

Fremont, CA

#641202 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
A very old book described a snake being changed from something else.
As the article said, their origin is still mysterious.
Maybe they talked.
I may be wrong, but perhaps snakes evolved from magnets?

Fremont, CA

#641203 Jul 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the Catcher is a closet theist, deist, or something besides atheist.
Richard Lovelace wrote that lovely poem.

Catcher does not believe in deities.

Magnets rule!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Buck Crick 88,406
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min hojo 665,492
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 13 min Truthiness 653
Who needs weed in dundee?? 27 min Charlie smith 2
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Buck Crick 280
massage in riyadh (Feb '13) 39 min AAA 33
Moving companies provide a Shifting solution th... (Sep '15) 42 min KaanKaraa 32
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr X Pendable 284,652
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Buck Crick 267
More from around the web