Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#640895 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure...
And the Jesus! didn't have anything to do with causing his own death in the myth...
Riiiight.
QUICK!

Move the goalposts!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640896 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
You can't hold a conversation without the judgemental attitude, can you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640897 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

At least you admit that God created you.
But, my friend, you turned yourself into an atheist.
Sharkey wrote:
At least you admit that your god makes no sense and is therefore unbelievable.
"'god created' me to 'create myself'". Pure pretzel logic from Religionist Redneck.
O_o

I didn't imply that you created yourself, I implied that it is YOU that makes your own choices.

You either decided to be an atheist or were forced to be an atheist. Which is it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640898 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>We are here now, and we weren't here before. Barring any evidence of the supernatural, this is suggestive of abiogenisis.
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
A suggestion of Abiogenesis versus evidence of Abiogenesis is quite different Timn...that's all I'm stating...and I'm pretty matter of fact on that statement.
Lol.

There's no evidence of either a supernatural creation or abiogenesis.

I choose to believe in God.

Timn apparently chooses to believe in abiogenesis.

The BIG difference is - at least I admit it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#640899 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't hold a conversation without the judgemental attitude, can you?
QUICK!

Move the goalposts!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640900 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You being the believer, you being the cult member, and you being the denier.
You accept something created you, but you cannot point to what that is.
You stuck in an emotional reaction, because you cannot find this creator.
You locked into a synthetic reality, because you know your ideological conception of religion is based on nothing tangible.
Others with their "truths" We do call them scientific facts.
"Not allowed to take the blinders off?"
It is you who are blinded by mythology that never rings true.
"Ridiculed by fellow members of your cult?"
Science is not a cult, nor doe it ridicule, it simply reveals truths.
"Suckers like you get passed around."
Y that's so rich, for thousands of years you have been reamed.
We have been exposing reality for half a millennium, and conquering stupidity for 300 hundred, gaining knowledge exponentially for 150. Exposing the truth worldwide for the last 50.
And last but not least, solving the mystery of life and the universe in the last twenty.
Your kind has dumbed down the world for 3000 years.
It's time for you to concede.
Great example of what I said, thank you very much.

Your "we" is who?

The theistic scientists that started the ball rolling revealing the parts and processes of creation, and continue to do so.

Tsk, tsk. You can't come up with something of your own, so you have to try and hijack some one else's labors.

"And last but not least, solving the mystery of life and the universe in the last twenty."

Uh huh.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#640901 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
QUICK!
Move the goalposts!
That isn't moving the goalposts.

It's pointing to yet another incident in which the freewill claims made by Christians concerning the the bible/deity are ridiculous.

The comment was still related to that topic.

You really need to look into some of the terms used in relation to discussion and debate.

Westcliffe, CO

#640902 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Various Christians in these threads have asserted that there is evidence of a god.
Of course there is.

Topix atheists are proof. God looks out for drunkards and fools, and them.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640903 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
So Theism is now a love for Aunt Martha...good grief...you're really throwing some new information in the pot here...
WTH is that supposed to mean? More honesty from you?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640904 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Great example of what I said, thank you very much.
Your "we" is who?
The theistic scientists that started the ball rolling revealing the parts and processes of creation, and continue to do so.
Tsk, tsk. You can't come up with something of your own, so you have to try and hijack some one else's labors.
"And last but not least, solving the mystery of life and the universe in the last twenty."
Uh huh.
What hijack your magnets? haha hah hah

Westcliffe, CO

#640905 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What hijack your magnets? haha hah hah
Understanding the magnetic force can unlock your universe.

But be happy with what they feed you. Your fellow man will never lie to you, deliberately or by mistaken interpretation. Right?

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640906 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>And I care why? You both claim to possess the truth. It is a methodology to see which of you actually does. Perhaps you should both drink the poison the Bible ascribes to test and prove your faith. Then we can see which of you possesses the truth.
Of course, you all know your faith is nothing more than wishy-wishes of eternal ego. It is all so sordid and sad.
Actually, what is sordid and sad, is that you would get on a thread named "Prove there's a God", be specifically told by a theist...that there is no verifiable, scientific proof of God, and then continue to attempt to degrade and denigrate that person and others. I would think you would use this time to back up the scientific claims of those who actually make them, since clearly, you don't believe there is a God. I mean that would seem the intelligent thing to do...However, for whatever reason, you would rather use your time to be condescending and rude to the very people you apparently wish to receive an answer from. I can only assume, based on your constant rants...that you really couldn't care less about an answer...otherwise, you'd accept, from a theist, that there is no scientific proof of God...and move on to the subject. But, since you don't do that and instead spend your time on here boasting of the ignorance and ego of others, I am left only to assume that you take delight in trying to make others feel less than you. Now...that, my friend, is sordid and sad.

“I speak my mind”

#640907 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I know what they mean and they are nothing more than fluff. Is this your concession speech. You are incapable of describing the exact nature of your invisible friend. I get it. Why must you continue to Riverdance?
You asked me to define God...and I did. I'm sorry the answer isn't good enough for you...but it will have to suffice. If I were God, I could describe His EXACT nature, but I am not. I simply believe in Him.

“I speak my mind”

#640908 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't said anything. You are clearly unarmed. You just keep Riverdancing. It suits you.
Actually I'm not unarmed...I could be like a preacher standing on street corner with a bible in my hand quoting scripture after scripture...but you wouldn't understand it, because first, you don't want to...and last...you have to open your mind up to believe in God before you can understand anything about Him. On the other hand, I would like to hear your version of the origin of mankind...and that's not an attempt to denigrate...although I will tell you, of you must use science, then be prepared to give evidence...because unlike God, science isn't based on faith...it's based on evidence.

“I speak my mind”

#640909 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Go look back. The post to which your reply was attached had nothing to do with your reply. It was a video of the lying tactics of theists and professional apologists. You failed to address that. What is your obsession with Karl? You are very strange.
I like Karl...it's far from obsession. As for the video...I'll have to go back and watch...I cannot respond to something I didn't see.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640910 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't moving the goalposts.
It's pointing to yet another incident in which the freewill claims made by Christians concerning the the bible/deity are ridiculous.
The comment was still related to that topic.
You really need to look into some of the terms used in relation to discussion and debate.
Yes it was.

You made an ignorant remark about Peter and free will. I corrected you and you changed it to 'The Jesus!'.

“I speak my mind”

#640911 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, you did not. Mentioning the trinity and calling it a creator is not describing its nature. Sheez.
Yes. I'm fairly certain and the post will stand as evidence, that I said, I believe God to be omnipotent, omniscient, and benevolent... Those adjectives describe the God...I believe in. What...you selectively overlook?

“I speak my mind”

#640912 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't define it, it can be dismissed out of hand.
I did.

“I speak my mind”

#640913 Jul 14, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You are nothing but a slimy weasel when you tell someone it's HIS fault when YOU insult them.
How about you get a freaking clue and don't insult people?
Take responsibility for YOUR sh!tty behavior. Don't have the nerve to get all huffy; YOU were the one being insulting, dummy.
He does not have to change his position or his feelings. He'd be justified in calling you a [email protected] who thinks you know it all when you don't know squat.
I'm sick of hypocrites like you who think they can insult people and do sh!t and it will have no effect.
Don't you dare tell others how to act until YOU take responsibility for your own insults.
I'll take full responsibility for what I said. Yes, he'll have to change his position or stand behind one of the two options. He can call me anything He likes...that's his prerogative. And I haven't told anyone how to act...they do that on their own...I'm simply giving my opinion on it. You just have yours. Feel better?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640914 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Actually I'm not unarmed..

.2.I could be like a preacher standing on street corner with a bible in my hand quoting scripture after scripture...

3. but you wouldn't understand it, because first, you don't want to...and last..

4..you have to open your mind up to believe in God before you can understand anything about Him.

5. On the other hand,

6. I would like to hear your version of the origin of mankind...

7. and that's not an attempt to denigrate..

8..although I will tell you, of you must use science, then be prepared to give evidence...

9. because unlike God, science isn't based on faith...

10. it's based on evidence.
1. Clearly, you are. Your version of refutation is to Riverdance and call me Karl.

2. You already are. Your message is flat and wanting.

3. This claim of yours lacks evidence. I understand it quite well.

4. So, you have to pretend to believe in your personal version of a god to believe in your personal version of a god. Check. Childish and churlish,, but, check. That is some of the funniest theistic malarkey.

5. Wait, you said first, then last, and now it's, "on the other hand"? Make up your mind. You have nothing more than rite, tired expressions.

6. I don't have a version. My answer is, drum roll...I don't know. Your argument from ignorance that claiming some deity did it is not an answer, either. We used to think that was rue for lightning. It used to be considered blasphemy for churches to have lightning rods. Well, churches kept burning down and we learned what caused lightning. It wasn't any gods. Suddenly it was okay for churches to install them. You can plug anything into your argument from ignorance and it doesn't change it, at all. A magic pink unicorn created Man. Whoop. See, no difference. Your personal god is just a product of cultural conditioning. If you were born in Islamabad, you'd be claiming a Sunni version of Allah. In Bangalore, it could be one of the thousands of gods in their 700 religions. Your answer is a non-answer.

7. You don't have the skills to denigrate.

8. Are you asking questions and then answering them for me? Funny how you don't apply those standards of evidence to your argument from ignorance. Weird.

9. Yeah, you're shooting your myth in the foot here and are too confused to realize it.

10. No, shit, Sherlock, which why materialistic naturalism is important and faith is useless. Faith, at one time, when societies were forming, proved useful. Now it is nothing more than a drain on society. We've gone beyond your gap god. Only the American Taliban still finds it useful to fleece the flock. Thanks for being a willing dupe. You're hurting us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min -KENTUCKY- 672,732
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 104,333
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 619,372
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web