Prove there's a god.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640807 Jul 14, 2013
RetardoFire wrote:
You said: "If the universe had been deliberately designed then there would be overwhelming evidence of design and none exists." And what kinds of evidence would that be?
Here's some friendly words of advice. Use google and do your own objective research instead of continuing to humiliate yourself on an international forum, kid.

http://www.theaunicornist.com/2011/07/what-sh...

Any reasonable person must concede that if the universe is designed for life – particularly for intelligent life like us – then it's an astonishingly poor design. It's not only inefficient, it's counterproductive – since life, when it finally does emerge, must struggle to survive. If the universe were designed for us, then a Genesis-type cosmology is what we should expect: humans are created at the inception of all things, and the universe need not be any bigger or older than is required to support our existence. It certainly need not be inhospitable. Why would an all-knowing, omnipotent Creator design a universe that wastes so much space and time – and then, when life finally emerges in a microscopic corner of a galaxy filled with hundreds of billions of stars, make mere survival such a struggle? The believer has no answer. The reality is that the universe we observe is far more consistent with the idea that life is a "happy accident" – a rare byproduct of the laws of the universe rather than the purpose of them.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640808 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have wondered about that video and its alleged capturing of a moment. All he had to do was back out through the fence just a few feet away in the beginning.
I wonder if that was San Francisco guys on vacation.
I felt more sorry for the frog in the side video! Talk about an ack attack.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640809 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a sarcastic joke...do you have a sense of humor at all? If not...you simply won't be able to keep up...sorry to confuse you.
Either you replied to the wrong post or you are describing Theist-lie positions as a sarcastic joke.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#640810 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being played, too, Bubba. But it isn't an old tribe with delusions of superiority, it is a tribe of thought makin gyou think you are smart like them.
There are those who hijack science to advance their agenda just as there are those that hijack a creator to advance their agenda.
Science or a god, makes no difference, you are speaking of creation and how things work. Interpret to your preferred taste. They are all wrong in the end.
BTW, whoever is playing you hits a lot of false notes. Maybe you need tuning up.
Your imagination is as least as large as the tribal writers of biblical mythology,
but it must grow larger evolving to so much more than the simple fictions written ,
ever rising to such fictitious heights bordering on pure imagination and horror.
It indeed is transcending in the face of knowledge to accommodate the idiocy of
religious brainwashing on a massive scale, and in hindsight of the error of judgements
made by such doctrines of the religitarded in their superstition based on
complete mythology. The masses of the like minded people would never admit to such
error in judgment. And you amongst them would never admit to being so very wrong supporting
such a ginormous mistake in human calculations based on religious idioms.
So here we are again, same old story
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640811 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
well..you must've missed a few pages..because I've attested to my personal belief. Additionally, I've been adamant that God cannot be proven by repeatable, testable, tangible, falsifiable evidence...so throw that out when discussing God with me...because I've never claimed God can be proven by such means and therefore see no reason to argue the matter.
You are really Riverdancing now. Describe the exact nature of your personal god and I can disprove it. You are either unable or unwilling. All that can be concluded so far is that there is no distinction between the invisible and the non-existent.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640812 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...Judas Priest!!! Wtc was that guy doing baring it all in a field with a donkey in the first place? Lol..That's hilarious!
In all fairness, you don't expect a four-legged beast to try and mount you just because you leaned over to relieve yourself in the woods. Most people don't realize that livestock can be unpredictable. I've seen bulls and stallions do some crazy stuff when they can't get to a female after smelling the heat on the air. Picture Pepe le Pew on ecstasy laced crack.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#640813 Jul 14, 2013
Btw, I liked your attempt at an insult at the end there - because I support the morally and fiscally more reasonable option, I either don't work for a living or "I enjoy supporting the irresponsibility of others?" That's when you know you're fighting a losing battle, when you have to resort to stupid personal attacks - it's made even funnier by the fact that you always whine about people "insulting" you in one way or the other.

While we're acting like children, I might as well tell you that apparently, truth, you never went to school, as the ability to discern the difference between "elude" and "allude" seems to *elude* you. Well, it's never too late, I suppose (I'm *alluding* to the fact that you still have time to learn basic grammar).
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640814 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's strange is that you'd attempt to answer a question directed to a specific poster...that clearly was ask as a joke...and turn it into a major ordeal...Drama King much?
Please illustrate where that happened. King? Nope. Not a man. There is nothing funny about any of your posts. Your ego precludes humor.

Location hidden

#640815 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction...you've never found God.
Correction: no one has ever found god. Show me a person who has found evidence and you will have a convert. A personal testimony of jesus is about as convincing as a personal testimony of zeus.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640816 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...Karl44...aka "huh" the majority of my posts are arguments against scientific claims...if you have a problem with a specific claim that I have made, then please...address it...but stop stereotyping and placing the characteristics of all who claim a belief in God on me. I'm not the poster child for Christians...and I certainly don't intend to waste my time attempting to answer for all of them...as I simply don't see the necessity and don't have that ability. As for my name...if it offends you so...then by all means, don't address it or respond to it...I assure you...it won't hurt my feelings.
I am not karl44. Why are theists always so dishonest? A thief thinks everyone steals.

You have yet to argue against any scientific claims. You're lost in theism. That's your problem, not mine. I see you are incapable of defending your theistic position so it is time for more Riverdance.

Location hidden

#640817 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the evidence and we'll talk. I've been down this road with several posters...Not one has been able to provide sufficient evidence...no matter how many slices of the universe you base it on.
We are here now, and we weren't here before. Barring any evidence of the supernatural, this is suggestive of abiogenisis.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640818 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...you're just full of information to pass along...only Karl44 refers to my Topix Alias as "sobriquet". Be yourself dude...grey box posting is for cowards.
Fail. Epic fail. Yes, words are exclusive to posters. Should I have used mom de plume?

A thief thinks everyone steals. Theists. Wow.

Your frustration at your inability to support your position is palpable. Riverdance away.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640819 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...no...because I'm not here to represent ALL theist...but the question was meaningless and certainly not worth all the time you've spent worrying about it. You really need to chill out a little...your drama and anxiety is simply exhausting.
More Riverdancing. You called your question meaningless. I am quite calm, but you seem to be sweating profusely. Trying to support the imaginary does that to people.

And, you are representative of theists. You are quite the Riverfancer.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640820 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I attacked his answer, not his character...I love Aunt Martha and he knows it!
No, this is a bald-faced lie, or, as I like to call it, theism.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640821 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo...it's egotistical to be truthful? Gah...I have been sooo misled.
It is egotistical to claim you have the truth. It is egotistical to claim you are Ruth signed in. Yes. You have been quite mislead. You're a theist.

Location hidden

#640822 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not the average lay person...I actually hold a degree in my field...however, that degree or no other degree is necessary when speaking about this subject. Common sense and the ability to observe nature is really all one needs have to realize non-living matter does not produce life. But if you insists it requires scientific expertise...then by all means, produce some scientific evidence that it has, indeed, occurred.
Is your field at all related to biology?

And you're missing my point - "common sense," up until a few centuries ago, was responsible for the notion of spontaneous generation. If we were having this conversation a few hundred years ago, we would be in agreement that life arises spontaneously all the time. We both owe our understanding that this does not happen to modern science.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640823 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmm...NO...I didn't claim that there is no other life in the vast cosmos or did I ask others to debunk such a claim...
You really need to keep up if you insist on responding to posts not directed at you...
My word...you're really trying to pick a fight with me Huh...what's wrong? Have you no one else to vent your frustrations on? Shew...go ahead...get it all out...just rant and rave at my expense...I'm a big girl...I can handle it...so long as it helps you feel better.:)
Illustrating your lunacy is not picking a fight, it is illustrating your lunacy. You need to read your post again, because that is exactly what you did.

Your frustration at your inability to support your untenable position is palpable.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640824 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you resort to when you're over your head?
Oh god.
It's funny, isn't it. All he has done is Riverdance away. Theistic comedy at its finest.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640825 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Either you replied to the wrong post or you are describing Theist-lie positions as a sarcastic joke.
I'm talking about the post where I told Karl...I should be come Karlette...There was no theist position in that post. I have no idea what you're referring to.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#640826 Jul 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem! Well...ahem....
uh, I'm overcome with the imagery...sink or swim...swallow or suffocate. With my luck it would likely end in swallowcate.
Almondyswallowcate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min DebraE 106,603
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Insults Are Easier 64,625
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 281,952
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 52 min Ricky F 39,120
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 654,406
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 2 hr RichieBoi 165
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,599
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr bad bob 183,213
More from around the web