Prove there's a god.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640785 Jul 14, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving your willfully ignorant of science and scientific methodology.
I'm still waiting for you to back up what you write, why can't you?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640786 Jul 14, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, thanks for demonstrating your willful ignorance of science and scientific methodology. Do you take great personal pride in making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid?
It can be stated with near certainty that life began as a reaction between chemical compounds.
http://anotheratheist.tumblr.com/post/7024181...
You said: "If the universe had been deliberately designed then there would be overwhelming evidence of design and none exists." And what kinds of evidence would that be? Why are you so misinformed that you can't argue what you "think" you know?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640787 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
ruth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...yes...I imagine doepee aftershave could be a dangerous concoction!
<quoted text>
Rutting bucks would be his biggest worry.
being a deer hunters wife...I was kinda thinkin on those lines too Dave

“I speak my mind”

#640788 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! WTF?
Things are totally getting out of hand here...the more you google...the worse it gets! <shakes head in disgust>
Godfather

Miami, FL

#640789 Jul 14, 2013
I get out from my mom ass, that's prove a god excist

“I speak my mind”

#640790 Jul 14, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
True Truth is a name expressing my desire to strive for objectivity, or at the very least, mutual subjectivity.
Are my words more true than TSI? That is for you to find out ;)
(In my opinion, I would say "Hell Yeah!". But sshhhh, don't tell the lady)
:)
Now see what you went and done...Karl's gonna blame me for your ego...

“Tell 'em to God. Don' go burdenin' other people with your sins. That ain't decent.”
&#8213; John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#640791 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the beginning God CREATED the Heavens and the Earth,"
No poofing required.
Stop being so childish & ignorant about it.

You are reading from a 2000 year old book of tribal nonsense , and you are telling me to not be ignorant?
If you think for one minute those Jewish a-holes that envisioned themselves to be masters of the universe , and wrote a con book to trick you into believing it, is going to fly in today's world ,
you got punk'ed badly and boinked and shafted by the tribe.
Maybe you should stock up on the vaseline for your jewish book of
"the retards believe it" when I stick it to them experience.
Because son reality is MUCH different than what those master shafters wanted you to be suckered into the fold by belief, planned for you to believe, belief system.

The enchanted never know they are enchanted, till they wake up.
WAKE THE FUCK UP! Before you are played like a violin, R&R viola son.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#640792 Jul 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Chemical reactions in a puddle of crud does not form intelligent life.
Oh of course not ...THAT will take several billion years of evolution.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#640793 Jul 14, 2013
Hi Ellia:

The exact same thing happened to me when I was about 11 years old I went deep into the mud about a foot and could not get out, I held my breath as long as I could the thing about drowning that hurts the most was the stark fear. I knew I was going to die and I could not hold my breath any longer and swallowed the water like one would breathe and my lungs were being filled with this dirty water near the edge of this dirty creek where plants would dump all their toxins in the water where it look like black on the top with a rainbow appearance to it. While my lungs were being filled up I asked my self this question? I wonder where I am going to? Heaven or hell? Right there I felt dry and it was like I was in some movie theater looking at my life flash in front of me I was able to stop the frame and think about it and be sad what I did and then it moved on to another time in my life. I thought this was very strange but later heard that this is common for people who drown. This was a turning point in my little life not a complete change but it did get me to think more about God. While I was under water I hit my hand on something I must have been in about seven feet of water and when my hand hit this something I grabbed hold of it. I came out of the movie so to speak and felt wet again and fearful when I was seeing my life go by me I felt calm and dry but once I hit my hand on whatever this was I grabbed of hold to dear life so hard I pulled my sneakers off of me and they came off of my feet and a sucking sound pooped and I started coming up pulling myself on this whatever maybe a branch maybe the angel of the Lord I do not know all that I know when I looked in the water there was not a fish around this dirty water just some shopping carts and some old dead branches when I pulled up on dry ground I was spewing all this garbage out of me on the ground about 10- 15 min, I believe God has a way to draw one when He wants to and years later I remember this like it was yesterday that was almost 50 years now. Thank you for making me think about this again it was a good reminder and wake up call so to speak. Again, Thank you. Gary
Ellia wrote:
I believe in God, at least he save me from drown when I was still kids. Someone push me from underwater

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#640794 Jul 14, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot simply conclude, since your crime rate is high, therefore deterrents do not work, and throw the idea of deterrents out. Society is a lot more complex than that, and you have to bring everything to bear in combating crime. You have to look at why the deterrent is not working in your countrys case. It could be financial inequality, high unemployment etc which will make people be forced into crime. In such a case, do not apply the extreme deterrent. A person caught for stealing a watch may present his case as to why he stole and couldn't see any other way.
It is a fantasy to think that you can save them all. Innocents will die. I would rather have the state mistakenly executing a few innocents, than have the entire community overrun by thugs and innocents dying in dozens at their hands, and as if that is not enough, get the community to pay for these thugs to relax in prison.
You are fixating on this issue of innocents dying. It's as if you prefer they die on the street at the hands of gangsters, but as long as the state's conscience is clean, all is good.
If crime is high, it is a problem of unemployment and education and that has to be addressed on one side, but that doesn't mean you throw the deterrent out on the other side.
There is a difference between having the deterrent and enforcing it on a wide scale.
Your argument might make some sense if deterrents worked in the first place. They do not. If there was some bit of proof that deterrents worked as well as you seem to think they do, it might be valid to say that it's worth it to execute some to save many. That's not how it works though. There is not a single society in which extreme deterrents are directly responsible for a reduction in crime.

And I'm not fixating on the possibility of innocents dying - that is secondary to the main point: again, deterrents don't work. However, an innocent person dying at the hands of the state for the "greater good" is obscenely barbaric. Would you volunteer yourself or your loved ones to be executed by the state to decrease the murder rate? This is ignoring the fact that this is not a zero sum game wherein the reduction of state executions directly translates to an increased murder rate; any innocents lost to state sponsored execution are lost in vain.

"You have to look at why the deterrent is not working in your countrys case. It could be financial inequality, high unemployment etc which will make people be forced into crime. In such a case, do not apply the extreme deterrent."

Yes - that's the point. There is no such thing as a society in which everything is so perfect that some people do not feel forced into crime, yet we still apply extreme deterrents, which do not deter anything anyway.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640795 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
being a deer hunters wife...I was kinda thinkin on those lines too Dave

You have to be careful how and where you show your ass.

That had to hurt.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#640796 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
Can we get Truth Signed In and True Truth in the Octagon to find out which one, if either, even knows what truth is?
Marquis of Queensbury Rules, of course. We wouldn't want to offend Marcus Bachmann.
Stand your ground boys. Go!
Part of the problem stems from the fact that there are 233 English versions of the Bible. It is quite amusing to watch biblicists hop from one version to another so that they can deceive us into accepting the Bible as the word of the God they have failed to prove actually exists.

ISA. 7:14 ("Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son...."--KJ, ML, LB, NI, AS, NAB, NAS, LV) versus ("Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son...."--RS, BBE, NEB, TEV, MT) or (a young maiden--JB, NWT). This clash has been debated for centuries and goes to the heart of a critical biblical teaching because it's the only OT prophecy referring to the Messiah's virgin birth.

DAN. 9:24 ("...and to anoint the most holy"--KJ, AS, NI) versus ("...and to anoint a most holy place"--RS, LB, BBE, NEB, TEV, NAS, MT). The 9th chapter of Daniel has one of the most important of all OT prophecies and it's rather difficult to see how it could be referring to Jesus, i.e. be messianic, when conflict exists as to whether the most holy is a man or a place.

MICAH 5:2 ("...whose goings forth have been from old from everlasting"--KJ, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...whose origin is from old from ancient days"--RS, JB, NI, NEB, TEV, MT, NAB). Micah 5:2 is supposedly one of the most precise OT prophecies because it supposedly predicts the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. But how could it be referring to Jesus if his goings were "from ancient days" which, unlike "everlasting" denotes a beginning at some time in the distant past? Whether or not the Messiah had an origin is crucial.

MATT. 12:40 ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whale's belly"--KJ, RS, AS, NAB, LV) versus ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the sea-monster"--ML, JB, NEB, NAB) versus ("For as Jonas was in the great fish 3 days and 3 nights"--NI, NWT, TEV, LB, BBE). This conflict bears directly on the accuracy of comments by Jesus since whales are not fish and vice versa.

MARK 1:1 ("The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ"--NI, LB, JB, TEV, NWT) versus ("The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS, LV). The former does not say Jesus wrote the Book of Mark while the latter all but says he did.

MARK 15:39 ("...Truly this man was the son of God"--KJ, RS, NI, AS, NAB, TEV, NAS, LV) versus ("...In truth this man was a son of God"--JB, BBE, NEB). "A" son clearly means there could be other sons of God while "the" son does not.

LUKE 1:27 ("To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph...."--KJ, ML, LB, RS, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NAB, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...with a message for a girl betrothed to a man named Joseph...."--NEB, TEV). The latter translation does not support the idea of a virgin birth.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640797 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hay.
What's with all the big words?
Ahem! Well...ahem....

uh, I'm overcome with the imagery...sink or swim...swallow or suffocate. With my luck it would likely end in swallowcate.

Westcliffe, CO

#640798 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are reading from a 2000 year old book of tribal nonsense , and you are telling me to not be ignorant?
If you think for one minute those Jewish a-holes that envisioned themselves to be masters of the universe , and wrote a con book to trick you into believing it, is going to fly in today's world ,
you got punk'ed badly and boinked and shafted by the tribe.
Maybe you should stock up on the vaseline for your jewish book of
"the retards believe it" when I stick it to them experience.
Because son reality is MUCH different than what those master shafters wanted you to be suckered into the fold by belief, planned for you to believe, belief system.
The enchanted never know they are enchanted, till they wake up.
WAKE THE FUCK UP! Before you are played like a violin, R&R viola son.
You are being played, too, Bubba. But it isn't an old tribe with delusions of superiority, it is a tribe of thought makin gyou think you are smart like them.

There are those who hijack science to advance their agenda just as there are those that hijack a creator to advance their agenda.

Science or a god, makes no difference, you are speaking of creation and how things work. Interpret to your preferred taste. They are all wrong in the end.

BTW, whoever is playing you hits a lot of false notes. Maybe you need tuning up.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640799 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RmkBbdRKZPsXX
That had to hurt.
Wilderide would call that sweet, gay donkey love.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640800 Jul 14, 2013
RetardedRiversideRedneck wrote:
"In the beginning God CREATED the Heavens and the Earth,"
No poofing required.
Stop being so childish & ignorant about it.
Does anyone need any additional proof that this death-denying cowardly Christian redneck godbot is mentally retarded and should simply be ignored?

Westcliffe, CO

#640801 Jul 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Wilderide would call that sweet, gay donkey love.
I have wondered about that video and its alleged capturing of a moment. All he had to do was back out through the fence just a few feet away in the beginning.

I wonder if that was San Francisco guys on vacation.

“I speak my mind”

#640802 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RmkBbdRKZPsXX
That had to hurt.
Lol...Judas Priest!!! Wtc was that guy doing baring it all in a field with a donkey in the first place? Lol..That's hilarious!
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640803 Jul 14, 2013
Ellia wrote:
I believe in God
You mistake a delusion signifying mental illness as a belief.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640804 Jul 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Chemical reactions in a puddle of crud does not form intelligent life.
It certainly didn't in your case, kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Steve III 650,199
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 445,903
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min ffj 56,158
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Neville Thompson 281,482
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 18 min Neville Thompson 441
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,956
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,079
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 8 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web