Prove there's a god.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640879 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Correction: no one has ever found god. Show me a person who has found evidence and you will have a convert. A personal testimony of jesus is about as convincing as a personal testimony of zeus.
Nobody claims to believe in evidence of God...just God. We aren't talking about science here. God is a deity...not a scientific hypothesis...there's a significant difference. Apples and Oranges dude...apples and oranges.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640880 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, my being free to explore the possibilities of the universe because I accept something created me and you stuck in an emotional reaction and locked into a synthetic reality manufactured for you by others with their "truths" for you to digest and grow on, not allowed to take the blinders off without being ridiculed by fellow members of your cult,
Suckers like you get passed around.
Or something like that.
You being the believer, you being the cult member, and you being the denier.

You accept something created you, but you cannot point to what that is.
You stuck in an emotional reaction, because you cannot find this creator.
You locked into a synthetic reality, because you know your ideological conception of religion is based on nothing tangible.
Others with their "truths" We do call them scientific facts.

"Not allowed to take the blinders off?"
It is you who are blinded by mythology that never rings true.

"Ridiculed by fellow members of your cult?"
Science is not a cult, nor doe it ridicule, it simply reveals truths.

"Suckers like you get passed around."

Y that's so rich, for thousands of years you have been reamed.
We have been exposing reality for half a millennium, and conquering stupidity for 300 hundred, gaining knowledge exponentially for 150. Exposing the truth worldwide for the last 50.
And last but not least, solving the mystery of life and the universe in the last twenty.

Your kind has dumbed down the world for 3000 years.
It's time for you to concede.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640881 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I will quote you in a couple hours when I'm back.
Well, be sure to use the message numbers or links. We have people on here that like to rewrite quotes.

“I speak my mind”

#640882 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I am not karl44. Why are theists always so dishonest? A thief thinks everyone steals.
You have yet to argue against any scientific claims. You're lost in theism. That's your problem, not mine. I see you are incapable of defending your theistic position so it is time for more Riverdance.
LOL...you have yet to read my posts then. As for my theistic position...the only position I've taken is that I believe in God and that He can't be proven scientifically. What is there to defend? You gonna argue that I don't believe in Od or what? LOL...this is just too funny

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640883 Jul 14, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some friendly words of advice. Use google and do your own objective research instead of continuing to humiliate yourself on an international forum, kid.
http://www.theaunicornist.com/2011/07/what-sh...
Any reasonable person must concede that if the universe is designed for life – particularly for intelligent life like us – then it's an astonishingly poor design. It's not only inefficient, it's counterproductive – since life, when it finally does emerge, must struggle to survive. If the universe were designed for us, then a Genesis-type cosmology is what we should expect: humans are created at the inception of all things, and the universe need not be any bigger or older than is required to support our existence. It certainly need not be inhospitable. Why would an all-knowing, omnipotent Creator design a universe that wastes so much space and time – and then, when life finally emerges in a microscopic corner of a galaxy filled with hundreds of billions of stars, make mere survival such a struggle? The believer has no answer. The reality is that the universe we observe is far more consistent with the idea that life is a "happy accident" – a rare byproduct of the laws of the universe rather than the purpose of them.
That might make sense if you were the Creator making the design. But I doubt sitting in that hole a little closer to hell that you would know what a Creator would be thinking is a perfect design.

“I speak my mind”

#640884 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>We are here now, and we weren't here before. Barring any evidence of the supernatural, this is suggestive of abiogenisis.
A suggestion of Abiogenesis versus evidence of Abiogenesis is quite different Timn...that's all I'm stating...and I'm pretty matter of fact on that statement.

“I speak my mind”

#640885 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Fail. Epic fail. Yes, words are exclusive to posters. Should I have used mom de plume?
A thief thinks everyone steals. Theists. Wow.
Your frustration at your inability to support your position is palpable. Riverdance away.
Lol..what position? I BELIEVE IN GOD. There you go...that's my position...what support would you like? Shall I have my alter ego attest to that?

“I speak my mind”

#640886 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>More Riverdancing. You called your question meaningless. I am quite calm, but you seem to be sweating profusely. Trying to support the imaginary does that to people.
And, you are representative of theists. You are quite the Riverfancer.
River dancer...River fancer...Yep...I'm just sweating like a hog on Christmas here...LOL...How on earth I'm Nona support that I believe in God I'll never know.. Shew...just hit the buzzer...you win...

“I speak my mind”

#640887 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is a bald-faced lie, or, as I like to call it, theism.
So Theism is now a love for Aunt Martha...good grief...you're really throwing some new information in the pot here...

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#640888 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody claims to believe in evidence of God...just God. We aren't talking about science here. God is a deity...not a scientific hypothesis...there's a significant difference. Apples and Oranges dude...apples and oranges.
Various Christians in these threads have asserted that there is evidence of a god.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#640889 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol..what position? I BELIEVE IN GOD. There you go...that's my position...what support would you like? Shall I have my alter ego attest to that?
You mean the "god" alter ego?

“I speak my mind”

#640890 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It is egotistical to claim you have the truth. It is egotistical to claim you are Ruth signed in. Yes. You have been quite mislead. You're a theist.
Hey now...hold up there...I never claimed to be Ruth...what are you playing at here???

And truth...truth = ego in which dictionary? That Webster and Merriam...they ought to be ashamed not letting us all know that!
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640891 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
Word Salad. Nothing more than word salad. I have yet to detect one iota of rational thought in any of your posts.
"Word salad" is far too kind to describe the inane posts of delusional nutcase Dave Nelson.

“I speak my mind”

#640892 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Is your field at all related to biology?
And you're missing my point - "common sense," up until a few centuries ago, was responsible for the notion of spontaneous generation. If we were having this conversation a few hundred years ago, we would be in agreement that life arises spontaneously all the time. We both owe our understanding that this does not happen to modern science.
Medicine...

And we aren't having this conversation a few hundred years ago...we're haing it now...at a time when modern science is publicized in books, magazines, newspapers, on television, the worldwide net....Ain't nobody in the dark unless they wanna be. If there were evidence...we'd know it.

“I speak my mind”

#640893 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Illustrating your lunacy is not picking a fight, it is illustrating your lunacy. You need to read your post again, because that is exactly what you did.
Your frustration at your inability to support your untenable position is palpable.
What untenable position???.I believe in God...that's my position...and I'm sticking with it.

“I speak my mind”

#640894 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny, isn't it. All he has done is Riverdance away. Theistic comedy at its finest.
What's up with that? In one post you call me lady...in another you call me a "he"...what...is that a payback for calling you King? Lol...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#640895 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure...
And the Jesus! didn't have anything to do with causing his own death in the myth...
Riiiight.
QUICK!

Move the goalposts!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640896 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
You can't hold a conversation without the judgemental attitude, can you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640897 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

At least you admit that God created you.
But, my friend, you turned yourself into an atheist.
Sharkey wrote:
At least you admit that your god makes no sense and is therefore unbelievable.
"'god created' me to 'create myself'". Pure pretzel logic from Religionist Redneck.
O_o

I didn't imply that you created yourself, I implied that it is YOU that makes your own choices.

You either decided to be an atheist or were forced to be an atheist. Which is it?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640898 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>We are here now, and we weren't here before. Barring any evidence of the supernatural, this is suggestive of abiogenisis.
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
A suggestion of Abiogenesis versus evidence of Abiogenesis is quite different Timn...that's all I'm stating...and I'm pretty matter of fact on that statement.
Lol.

There's no evidence of either a supernatural creation or abiogenesis.

I choose to believe in God.

Timn apparently chooses to believe in abiogenesis.

The BIG difference is - at least I admit it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 30,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min kent 687,235
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min David S Pumpkins 286,549
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 3 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,792
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 9 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web