Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#640843 Jul 14, 2013
Mythic Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some friendly words of advice. Use google and do your own objective research instead of continuing to humiliate yourself on an international forum, kid.
http://www.theaunicornist.com/2011/07/what-sh...
Any reasonable person must concede that if the universe is designed for life – particularly for intelligent life like us – then it's an astonishingly poor design. It's not only inefficient, it's counterproductive – since life, when it finally does emerge, must struggle to survive. If the universe were designed for us, then a Genesis-type cosmology is what we should expect: humans are created at the inception of all things, and the universe need not be any bigger or older than is required to support our existence. It certainly need not be inhospitable. Why would an all-knowing, omnipotent Creator design a universe that wastes so much space and time – and then, when life finally emerges in a microscopic corner of a galaxy filled with hundreds of billions of stars, make mere survival such a struggle? The believer has no answer. The reality is that the universe we observe is far more consistent with the idea that life is a "happy accident" – a rare byproduct of the laws of the universe rather than the purpose of them.
*plays the world's smallest violin for the your speculation*
Huh

Dallas, TX

#640844 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Riverdancing!!!..sweet!
I did...a few pages back...go back and read it.
No, you did not. Mentioning the trinity and calling it a creator is not describing its nature. Sheez.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640845 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is a bald-faced lie, or, as I like to call it, theism.
Or as the rest of the English speaking world calls it, a "bold-faced" lie.

Dumb atheist.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#640846 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've found my proof, why are you still waiting?
Some of us require evidence in order to form a belief.

We are intellectually honest, unlike you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640847 Jul 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>When you resort to rhetorical hair splitting, you've lost.
It's not hairsplitting, it's the fact of what's written in the Bible.

Both in Genesis and Revelation, it is called a serpent, not a snake.

Dumb atheist.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#640848 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe what you just wrote then you are an insincere believer in a strictly material consciousness, and have a fuzzy definition of consciousness.
Your physical condition affects your thinking and consciousness on an ongoing basis. Plus, getting drunk or drugged is notorious for it. Loud music or a very uncomfortable environment can drive you up the wall. Reactions to stimuli shape your thinking.
Your brain would be totally reactive to what goes on in the body.
To keep an even keel would require another level of programming perched above the action/reaction functions of the brain that can detect those excess inputs and direct the release of chemicals in the right places to counteract. But it has to be detached from the influences somehow, and running on its own, so to speak.
Where is this magical part of the brain?
Do you know how drugs affect the brain? It's not like when you take a drug, it just floats around in your body and therefore changes your consciousness - it passes the blood brain barrier and attaches to a particular receptor(s), thereby effecting a change in consciousness. Some drugs can also attach to receptors throughout the body, but this does not produce a strictly psychological effect, it produces a somatic effect, which can indirectly affect consciousness.

As I have said, yes, a transplant could potentially cause some psychological effects, but this is not the same as saying that a heart transplant would directly effect a change in consciousness. You are confusing the fact that external factors can affect consciousness with the half baked notion that the heart is somehow integral to the thinking process.

Now you are going with the more general "reactions to stimuli can shape thinking." No, really? A profound observation, truly. You suggested earlier that a heart transplant might directly produce a split personality by some unknown mechanism - this is patently absurd and can be dismissed out of hand. You also brought up the term "heartache" as if it wasn't a colloquialism. Sure, physical conditions in the body can affect consciousness in a general way, but there is no reason to think that a heart transplant would directly create an entirely different personality. You are displaying a profound misunderstanding of how the brain and body work together. The fact that the brain and body can maintain homeostasis is not in any way indicative of some "higher level of programming."

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640849 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Btw, I liked your attempt at an insult at the end there - because I support the morally and fiscally more reasonable option, I either don't work for a living or "I enjoy supporting the irresponsibility of others?" That's when you know you're fighting a losing battle, when you have to resort to stupid personal attacks - it's made even funnier by the fact that you always whine about people "insulting" you in one way or the other.
While we're acting like children, I might as well tell you that apparently, truth, you never went to school, as the ability to discern the difference between "elude" and "allude" seems to *elude* you. Well, it's never too late, I suppose (I'm *alluding* to the fact that you still have time to learn basic grammar).
Lol...well if you took that as an insult, perhaps you should consider your position on the matter. I mean it's an either/or situation. Either you don't work so you aren't bothered about how tax dollars are spent...because you aren't providing them....OR you do work and you enjoy paying taxes to foot the bill for others irresponsibilities. One of the two has to apply. If you're insulted...then again...you need to consider your position on the matter as a whole. As for elude or allude...geez...got me there...darn it and I so wanted to teach grammar!

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#640850 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It is that old book you're ignorant of.
You DO understand what ignorant means, yes?
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart believed one need not create a definition of obscenity. "I know it when I see it," he said.

That's the way it is for me with ignorance.

With you here, I see it all the time.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#640851 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've found my proof, why are you still waiting?
Stop lying. You have no proof.

You're full of bullsh!t.

The only "god" you worship wears a white pointy sheet.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#640852 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*plays the world's smallest violin for the your speculation*
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Google away.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640853 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imagination is as least as large as the tribal writers of biblical mythology,
but it must grow larger evolving to so much more than the simple fictions written ,
ever rising to such fictitious heights bordering on pure imagination and horror.
It indeed is transcending in the face of knowledge to accommodate the idiocy of
religious brainwashing on a massive scale, and in hindsight of the error of judgements
made by such doctrines of the religitarded in their superstition based on
complete mythology. The masses of the like minded people would never admit to such
error in judgment. And you amongst them would never admit to being so very wrong supporting
such a ginormous mistake in human calculations based on religious idioms.
So here we are again, same old story
Yeah, my being free to explore the possibilities of the universe because I accept something created me and you stuck in an emotional reaction and locked into a synthetic reality manufactured for you by others with their "truths" for you to digest and grow on, not allowed to take the blinders off without being ridiculed by fellow members of your cult,

Suckers like you get passed around.

Or something like that.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#640854 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Why...so you can tear away at my definition, piece by piece, with the single intent of attacking my character? Nah...I'll pass. You're not interested in a definition of God...just denigrating me.
If you don't define it, it can be dismissed out of hand.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#640855 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or as the rest of the English speaking world calls it, a "bold-faced" lie.
Dumb atheist.
Your "real god" was real dumb for creating atheists.

Your "god" is stupid. A total f*ckup.

Why do you think a stupid god is real?

That would make YOU stupid.

Stupid religionist.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#640856 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hairsplitting, it's the fact of what's written in the Bible.
Both in Genesis and Revelation, it is called a serpent, not a snake.
Dumb atheist.
Hit, smack, spank, strike, slap, tap.

Your wordplay.

It's physical violence on a six-month-old baby, no matter what you call it.

You can't slither away from it, whether it's a snake or a serpent.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640858 Jul 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It is that old book you're ignorant of.
You DO understand what ignorant means, yes?
I can do better than that, I can point to YOU as a prime example of it!

Westcliffe, CO

#640859 Jul 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how drugs affect the brain? It's not like when you take a drug, it just floats around in your body and therefore changes your consciousness - it passes the blood brain barrier and attaches to a particular receptor(s), thereby effecting a change in consciousness. Some drugs can also attach to receptors throughout the body, but this does not produce a strictly psychological effect, it produces a somatic effect, which can indirectly affect consciousness.
As I have said, yes, a transplant could potentially cause some psychological effects, but this is not the same as saying that a heart transplant would directly effect a change in consciousness. You are confusing the fact that external factors can affect consciousness with the half baked notion that the heart is somehow integral to the thinking process.
Now you are going with the more general "reactions to stimuli can shape thinking." No, really? A profound observation, truly. You suggested earlier that a heart transplant might directly produce a split personality by some unknown mechanism - this is patently absurd and can be dismissed out of hand. You also brought up the term "heartache" as if it wasn't a colloquialism. Sure, physical conditions in the body can affect consciousness in a general way, but there is no reason to think that a heart transplant would directly create an entirely different personality. You are displaying a profound misunderstanding of how the brain and body work together. The fact that the brain and body can maintain homeostasis is not in any way indicative of some "higher level of programming."
You said the split personality, I didn't. I just said all body parts are part of the thinking process. Change the characteristic of a part and your thinking will necessarily be affected. Pure consciousness from a purely material viewpoint. If not true then your drugs wouldn't work. BTW, how many of those passing the blood brain barrier are organic versus manufactured?

You have issues leading you to assumptions to feed your issues.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640860 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us require evidence in order to form a belief.
We are intellectually honest, unlike you.
You are not intellectually honest, you fail to meet the criteria for that.

One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;

Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;

Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;

References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_h...
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#640861 Jul 14, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...well if you took that as an insult, perhaps you should consider your position on the matter. I mean it's an either/or situation. Either you don't work so you aren't bothered about how tax dollars are spent...because you aren't providing them....OR you do work and you enjoy paying taxes to foot the bill for others irresponsibilities. One of the two has to apply. If you're insulted...then again...you need to consider your position on the matter as a whole. As for elude or allude...geez...got me there...darn it and I so wanted to teach grammar!
You are nothing but a slimy weasel when you tell someone it's HIS fault when YOU insult them.

How about you get a freaking clue and don't insult people?

Take responsibility for YOUR sh!tty behavior. Don't have the nerve to get all huffy; YOU were the one being insulting, dummy.

He does not have to change his position or his feelings. He'd be justified in calling you a [email protected] who thinks you know it all when you don't know squat.

I'm sick of hypocrites like you who think they can insult people and do sh!t and it will have no effect.

Don't you dare tell others how to act until YOU take responsibility for your own insults.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640862 Jul 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, my being free to explore the possibilities of the universe because I accept something created me and you stuck in an emotional reaction and locked into a synthetic reality manufactured for you by others with their "truths" for you to digest and grow on, not allowed to take the blinders off without being ridiculed by fellow members of your cult,
Suckers like you get passed around.
Or something like that.
........('
.........\

Westcliffe, CO

#640863 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart believed one need not create a definition of obscenity. "I know it when I see it," he said.
That's the way it is for me with ignorance.
With you here, I see it all the time.
Quit posting and much of it will go away.

Really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Riverside Rednek 46,461
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min exposingm0r0ns 692,007
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 25 min Exposing Devil Lies 393
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 3 hr Edthirty 7
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 14 hr True Reporter 3
More from around the web