Comments
607,741 - 607,760 of 732,705 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#640180 Jul 12, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
But wait..... If you order in the next 10 minutes we'll double your order.
There's nothing to order, death-denying cowardly Christian cultist Al Garcia.

exchristian.net was founded by enlightened former Christian cultists "for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave Christianity behind".

Unfortunately, you don't have their intelligence, common sense or courage and should be totally ashamed of yourself!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#640181 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. So there's no evidence after all, huh?

Lol, you moron. You just shot yourself in the foot.

Besides, even if humans ever get to the point that we can create life from non-life, that only strengthens creationism.

Because if a mere human can do it, so can God.
Face it.

No amount of logic, reason or science will pry you away from your infantile fantasy.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640182 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Your best argument disputing my simple questions is to mention the word, "evolution"? Why the anger bro? You mad?
If clay had really produced a simple RNA, immediately capable of making copies of itself, and later of making proteins, that clay would have been more intelligent than all of today’s origin of life scientists put together.
Nearly four billion years later; somewhere on Earth can still be found these works of art, left by the volcanoes’ ash, mixed with water from Iceland’s glaciers. There they are-matter and water, water and matter, soft and hard combined, the crucial alliance shared by every life-form on our planet. Minerals and metals are even older than the Earth.

They are stardust. They provide the Earth’s colors. Red from iron, black from carbon, blue from copper, yellow from sulfur. Where do we come from? Where did life first spark into being? A miracle of time, primitive life-forms still exist in the globe’s hot springs. They give them their colors. They’re called archaeobacteria. They all feed off the Earth’s heat-all except the cyanobacteria or blue-green algae. They alone have the capacity to turn to the sun to capture its energy. They are a vital ancestor of all yesterday’s and today’s plant species. These tiny bacterias and their billions of descendants change the destiny of our planet. They transformed its atmosphere. What happened to the carbon that poisoned the atmosphere? It’s still here imprisoned in the Earth’s crust. We can read this chapter of the Earth’s history nowhere better than on the walls of Colorado’s Grand Canyon. They reveal nearly two billion years of the Earth’s history. Once upon a time, the Grand Canyon was a sea inhabited by microorganisms. They grew their shells by tapping into carbon from the atmosphere dissolved in the ocean. When they died, the shells sank and accumulated on the seabed. These strata are the product of those billions and billions of shells. Thanks to them, the carbon drained from the atmosphere, and other life-forms could develop. It is life that altered the atmosphere. Plant life fed off the sun’s energy which enabled it to break apart the water molecule and take the oxygen. And oxygen filled the air. The Earth’s water cycle is a process of constant renewal. Waterfalls, water vapor, clouds, rain, springs, rivers, seas, oceans, glaciers, the cycle is never broken. There’s always the same quantity of water on Earth.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#640183 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
If clay had really produced a simple RNA, immediately capable of making copies of itself, and later of making proteins, that clay would have been more intelligent than all of today’s origin of life scientists put together.
You have absolutely no understanding of either abiogenesis or evolution and should learn science before making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.

The Brilliance of Charles Darwin confirmed by modern science:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/darwin...

Evolution 101:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/darwin...

"At the heart of evolutionary theory is the basic idea that life has existed for billions of years and has changed over time. Overwhelming evidence supports this fact. Scientists continue to argue about details of evolution, but the question of whether life has a long history or not was answered in the affirmative at least two centuries ago."

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640184 Jul 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, some countries in the world have got to the stage where that kind of behavior is abhorrent to them, and we have to expect that of all mankind. We have no choice. To tolerate people who do not value individual humans as having equal rights to them, is just no longer an option.

That does not mean, though, a USA led invasion of these countries to take over the running of their laws, but rather some other international move that puts a stop to this kind of behavior without killing more people to do it.
I don't think the USA is in any position to dictate morals to ANYBODY.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#640185 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR doesn't buy in to conspiracy theories.
Nor do I, which is why I agree with what what "Hiding" was saying regarding what we have discovered about past humans, what spear heads mean etc, we can look back and have a pretty good idea about early humans, what they did, and what they might have looked like. That's all :)

Location hidden

#640186 Jul 12, 2013
All the successive species on Earth have drunk the same water. The astonishing matter that is water. One of the most unstable of all.It takes a liquid form as running water, gaseous as vapor, or solid as ice. In Siberia, the frozen surfaces of the lakes in winter contain the traces of the forces that water deploys when it freezes. Lighter than water, the ice floats, rather than sinking to the bottom. It forms a protective mantle against the cold under which life can go on. The engine of life is linkage. Everything is linked. Nothing is self-sufficient. Water and air are inseparable, united in life and for our life on Earth. thus, clouds form over the oceans and bring rain to the landmasses, whose rivers carry water back to the oceans. Sharing is everything. The green expanse peeking through the clouds is the source of oxygen in the air. Seventy percent of this gas, without which our lungs cannot function comes from the algae that tint the surface of the oceans. Our Earth relies on a balance in which every being has a role to play and exist only through the existence of another being. A subtle, fragile harmony that is easily shattered. Thus corals are born from the marriage of algae and shells. The Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Australia stretches over 350,000 square kilometers and is home to 1,500 species of fish, 4,000 species of mollusks and 400 species of coral. The equilibrium of every ocean depends on these corals. The Earth counts time in billions of years. It took more than four billion years for it to make trees. In a chain of species, trees are a pinnacle. A perfect living sculpture. Trees defy gravity. They are the only natural element in perpetual movement toward the sky. They grow unhurriedly toward the sun that nourishes their foliage. They have inherited from those minuscule cyanobacteria the power to capture light’s energy. They store it and feed off it, turning it into wood and leaves, which then decompose into a mixture of water, mineral, vegetable and living matter. And so, gradually, the soils that are indispensable to life are formed. Soils are the factory of biodiversity. They are a world of incessant activity where microorganisms feed, dig, aerate and transform. They make the humus, the fertile layer to which all life on land is linked., Now what was your version?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640187 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. So there's no evidence after all, huh?

Lol, you moron. You just shot yourself in the foot.

Besides, even if humans ever get to the point that we can create life from non-life, that only strengthens creationism.

Because if a mere human can do it, so can God.
Who could creat god?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640189 Jul 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
That's why I like it when you have a drink; or two....
Is it my eyes you think of while sittin' on your couch...

...sippin', slippin' your lips against that beer bottle...
Al Garcia

Riverside, CA

#640190 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to order, death-denying cowardly Christian cultist Al Garcia.
exchristian.net was founded by enlightened former Christian cultists "for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave Christianity behind".
Unfortunately, you don't have their intelligence, common sense or courage and should be totally ashamed of yourself!
Soooooo..... We can't order????
Thanks to you Billy Mays is rolling in his grave.....

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640191 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.

You are assuming we are a totally isolated system.

You couldn't have the assumed expansion if it was. A singularity is just a portal or product to or of another dimension.
WTF?!

Location hidden

#640192 Jul 12, 2013
5 Signs Humans Are Still Evolving
http://www.mentalfloss.com/article/30795/5-si...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640193 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, scaredy cat, why no answer?

Nothing will self replicate until the energy/matter is directed and channeled for it to do so. That energy/matter can not do it by itself.
Says who?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#640194 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, Delusional Dave's response to what he lacks the intellectual capacity to comprehend is gawdunit which shouldn't surprise anyone who's read any of your self-degrading diatribes.
You chickenshit atheist. Scared of dying. It only lasts a little while, then it is all over. You won't miss a thing.

C'mon, man up, boy.

Location hidden

#640195 Jul 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?!
A man of few words.

Learn some more and we can talk.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#640196 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Is it my eyes you think of while sittin' on your couch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lWimOMVdHgEXX
...sippin', slippin' your lips against that beer bottle...
No, not your eyes, and no, beer is not my drink of choice.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#640197 Jul 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That is for sure, as its record for western advanced countries has been pretty bad since 1776.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640198 Jul 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You should redirect that contemptuous attitude towards the U.N.

Location hidden

#640199 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#640200 Jul 12, 2013
Delusional Dave Nelson wrote:
You chickenshit atheist. Scared of dying.
You're just as thick as any fundiseased Christian godbot, kid. Anti-theists bravely accept their mortality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min mike 599,807
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min onemale 257,842
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min bacon hater 94,645
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 32 min Hannah V 1,006
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min Roberta G 173,273
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Black Thunder 42 441,186
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min June VanDerMark 538,790
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min well 226,244
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••