Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640088 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so thick headed, eh?
*he he he*
...ahem...

As the Zimmerman jury said, "Show me the entire evidence package!", if you dare. ;)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640089 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold still, Pomona. Hard talking to you when you dance around like that.
You have much less time than 5 billion years. You are gonna die and miss the end of the movie.
Now, one more time, if you aren't too scared to discuss it, why do living creatures die?
Everything has a beginning and end, i will die, you will die, this planet, our star, our Universe will one day all die. Its called the evolutionary process of life.The question should be, what do you think happens when we die, are we any different than any other life form on this planet, the simple answer is no, we are no different, you want eternity, then you should have been a rock star, or king tut, you will be lucky if your grand-kids remember who you are. See my friend, it is the life you live that counts, not the death, you think it might be.

Location hidden

#640090 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah....
Mythic Idiot claims that there is evidence that life can create itself and that it already happened.
He claims that there is evidence that that is how we have life on this planet, because it created itself.
Never, not once, ever has anybody presented any evidence that life can create itself.
You want to know why?
Because there is no evidence that life can create itself and people like you and him are just talking out of your ass.
Why you got to be such a fuktard all my life, silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. You understand the basic elements of life on this planet, are abundant through out our Universe, that really the only difference, is the diversity of Alchemy, of this planet, we are in what they call the Goldilocks zone for life as we know it to exist, it is very much an evolutionary process. But of course you do not understand, because it is much easier for you to accept a mythological story, based from Astronomy. By the way, can you prove a man named JC even existed, 2000 yrs ago, your fable story has more to do with the changing of the ages, than some magical man in the sky.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#640091 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>...ahem...
As the Zimmerman jury said, "Show me the entire evidence package!", if you dare. ;)
Just think of a 24 oz beer can......

.....with a rubber tip.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#640092 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything has a beginning and end, i will die, you will die, this planet, our star, our Universe will one day all die. Its called the evolutionary process of life.The question should be, what do you think happens when we die, are we any different than any other life form on this planet, the simple answer is no, we are no different, you want eternity, then you should have been a rock star, or king tut, you will be lucky if your grand-kids remember who you are. See my friend, it is the life you live that counts, not the death, you think it might be.
I will have been on here for 3 years in November. I should be famous on here for relating my death experience. It appears you missed that while you were gone.

I appreciate your trying to enlighten me, but I will have to say I have been there and have the T-shirt.

I can not agree with your assessment.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640095 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Why you got to be such a fuktard all my life, silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. You understand the basic elements of life on this planet, are abundant through out our Universe, that really the only difference, is the diversity of Alchemy, of this planet, we are in what they call the Goldilocks zone for life as we know it to exist, it is very much an evolutionary process. But of course you do not understand, because it is much easier for you to accept a mythological story, based from Astronomy. By the way, can you prove a man named JC even existed, 2000 yrs ago, your fable story has more to do with the changing of the ages, than some magical man in the sky.
In other words:

You Googled it and can find no evidence that life can create itself.

So you resort to name calling, and attempt to move the conversation to something else.

Thanks for playing, you're my newest Topix atheist bitch.

....One of many.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#640096 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> There are actually over 50 different federal political parties to choose from. The problem yous have , is most only know of 2, and those 2 parties are actually one in the same. Google the corporate companies and their affiliates that sponsor them, you will see they are one in the same.. It cost over a billion dollars to run for president
A democracy is only as good as the participation of an informed and educated citizenry. When the people are mature enough to vote on matters that are concern of all , rather than voting on self interest, they call this Bread and Circuses, which is what we have now, A Republic, much like the Romans had, is to give voice to the people, via the senate, but ultimately , decisions are made by only a small handful of Elitists. Mind you the constitution, is written for change, of when the citizenry is mature enough to realize, they no longer need leaders. Obama, is but one person, is it fair to put all the blame of our social problems on 1 man.Again, Bread and Circuses.
Obama seeks to make all of Mexico's citizens legal to vote in the U.S.A. and "that" is creating a single party system, which destroys democracy. If one party will always "win" the presidential election due to its huge membership then there is no point in anybody ever self-identifying as libertarian, republican or anything else because ALL of their votes have been rendered impotent, pointless. From Obama's election onward, we will never again see anything but a so-called Democrat become president in this country.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#640097 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I read something similar to this...
http://digitaljournal.com/article/319463
...last year. I can't find the article I originally found, which was speculating about how Mars lost its oceans, but this one is close enough.
It makes sense that the sun could strip a planet of its water. Its a good thing we live here instead of Mars. We have been very lucky, so far.
Mars lost its atmosphere so that let EM striking water molecules on the surface zip off into space. The lesser gravity also reduced any restraining action on them. This is like the dew on your windshield evaporating on a cold morning even shaded from direct sun. You will notice this more in high altitudes and dryer air. The light energy, of any frequency, will do this. It ruins a water molecule's day.

Our atmospheric mass blocks the zooming. It also diffuses the light so that it doesn't hit quite so hard as it would on Mars.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#640098 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think of a 24 oz beer can......
.....with a rubber tip.
...eeee...

The nanokitteh just fainted...dead away....

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#640100 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
We've given the keys of the asylum, to the inmates, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Welcome to mankind in the 21st century.
Nerp...that's the definition of hell, not insanity.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#640101 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Boots , how you doing my friend, I have to disagree, having grown my own indoor, it is possible to grow under a false light source,even florescent lights do the trick, Whats more important is fresh air, clean distilled water and nutrients. Granted you will not get the same growth as out door, but it is possible.
Yes, of course. We have all kinds of plants indoors that don't see sunlight, but what I was meaning is that without the sun nothing would live, because all of the things you mentioned ultimately derived their energy from the sun. Hydro electricity is produced by water movement, but if the sun didn't exist the water would not move, as assuming the earth was actually here, if there was water on it, it would be froze solid. Fossil fuels originally came from plant and/or animal life which required the sun to grow, etc.

I kind of forget what the other person's point was now, so I may be slightly off topic.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#640102 Jul 12, 2013
Delusional Dave Nelson wrote:
Now, one more time, if you aren't too scared to discuss it, why do living creatures die?
You're the death-denying coward, kid. Whatever makes you think that eternal life is a logical progression to evolution?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#640103 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, not necessarily. All I'm saying is that it IS possible.

No snake. Serpent. A serpent is not necessarily a reptile, you know.

Of course I realize that. But the bible isn't meant for one generation or one culture to understand. It's designed to be studied & researched by everyone for all time. So far, so good.
ROFL!

Oh.

I'm sorry.

You were being serious, weren't you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640104 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, Professor Brainiac.

Gravity is strongest where the mass is most dense.

There may be a swell, but that is not what causes the tides. It is caused by the whole damned ocean being dragged along by the moon. Water is wet and it rolls real good.

The moon is trying to suck the ocean off tangentially, not straight up. It rolls easier than it rises.
Density has nothing to do with gravity unless you're talking about distances from the COG that are smaller than the radius of the body.

If the sun were to suddenly shrink into a black hole of the same mass, the planets orbits would remain unchanged.

Douchebag.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640105 Jul 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!
Oh.
I'm sorry.
You were being serious, weren't you.
That's what all your girlfriends say, huh?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#640106 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> Simple truthful answer, we do not know yet. There are plenty of educated theories, but again , theory does not mean truth. But what we do know of the science we have manipulated here on Earth, via Alchemy, is that Evolution, is very much the process of our human existence. Genetics, is a great example of what happens when 2 different people come together and produce another human being, for it is the strongest genes of the 2 parents that go on to form a new and improved genetic code, which is why it is not good to mix with close relatives. But where and how the universe all started , I personally do not have the answer to that, nor does anyone else, now, or from anyone that have lived before us.But I can give you the history of mankind's religions, and the common denominator of Astronomy.
You consider the Cystic Fibrosis gene mutation a "new and improved" combination? Wow.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640107 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Let's make this easier.

First, let's define thinking. You evidently have a definition different from mine.

Your turn.
EVERYBODY has a definition different than yours.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640108 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>...eeee...
The nanokitteh just fainted...dead away....
What a coincidence!

I'm an expert resuscitator.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640110 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I've asked you like a dozen times and you never answer....

Please supply this mysterious evidence you have that life can create itself.
You're evidence.

Barely.

Location hidden

#640111 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have been on here for 3 years in November. I should be famous on here for relating my death experience. It appears you missed that while you were gone.
I appreciate your trying to enlighten me, but I will have to say I have been there and have the T-shirt.
I can not agree with your assessment.
That is fine my friend, I can agree to disagree. seeing how you have been here for the last 3 yrs, you also understand that there has been no real movement forward in the discussion, of "Prove theres a god", that really this topic has gone round and round for centuries. I suppose we can conclude,that we all have different ideals, of how and when everything all started, but the truth is none of us know. And while I can respect your right to choose your way of thinking, it is not my choice, as mine is not yours. But we do still share more in common than different as far as our needs of survival go. My choice for being an Atheist is, because I see no responsibility of religion, towards all life on this planet, including our environments and biosphere.I've read up on many different religions of mankind, and I view all religions the same,while there is some good that has come from them all,they all have the same social morality about them, But they are also very indifferent towards each other, many men have died and been killed in the name of all those gods.Today we are destroying the very thing that makes all life as we know it possible, so to me , really religion, is not a real topic of importance, as compared to the realities of our social and environmental well being.I only have to look towards Israel to see real hatred , because of religious indifference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Peace_Warrior 605,267
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Rick in Kansas 265,371
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 20 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min June VanDerMark 560,139
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 36 min MUQ2 37,841
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 39 min John Mark 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
More from around the web