Prove there's a god.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640400 Jul 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so much simpler to let your god handle everything, eh?
it's so much easier to live happy...

whatever floats your boat to make you that way

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#640401 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

John 7:17 ESV
If anyone's will is to do God's will...
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
"Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own."
What does this have to do with FREE WILL never being mentioned even ONCE in the bible?
This says GOD'S WILL, and whether or not teachings come from God or not. It has nothing to do with "free will" on earth.
"nothing to do with free will", right?

If having a choice isn't part of free will then WTF is it?
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640402 Jul 13, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
get some help...seriously!
Seriously, projection is an instinctive defense mechanism of death-denying cowardly Christian cultists like you and rational people see right through your self-degrading delusions of grandeur.

It's time for you to stop humiliating yourself by spamming this forum with Christian creationist bullshit that you clearly lack the intellectual capacity to understand and seek the professional help you desperately need.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#640403 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tapped my 6 month old child.
WTF?!
seriously?

Maybe you should re-think that.

Im not against spanking or "tapping", but at least start it at an age when there brains are developed to the point they can understand WHY you are "tapping" them.

Is the mother okay with tapping at 6 months old?

Im such a momma bear with my 4 kids, that would never fly with me :D

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640404 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Free will us not "made up", as you ignorantly believe.
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Free will itself is NOT made up...but trying to attribute FREE WILL as being in the bible, or being sent in a message from God IS made up!! LOL, The mere fact that you can't provide ONE VERSE from the bible that mentioned FREE WILL proves my point.
The words "free will aren't in the Bible, yes. Is that your reasoning for saying it doesn't exist?

"Whoever believes in Him" implies that not all will believe in Him because they CHOOSE not to believe in Him. If you have a choice, you have free will.

By your logic, "giraffe" isn't in the Bible so they must not exist either, right?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#640405 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
Again.
Corporal punishment:(see #2 for this topic)
1 : punishment applied to the body of an offender including the death penalty, whipping, and imprisonment.
2 : punishment administered by an adult (as a parent or a teacher) to the body of a child ranging in severity from a slap to a spanking.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/corporal%20puni...
I've done none of those to a 6 month old.
You're STILL being dishonest and over exaggerating.
Holy crap.

Really, RR.

I'm out of here.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#640406 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You'd boink me?!
Dude.
No...
<quoted text>
So...... You'd boink me too?
DODGE :D

...funny though :D

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640407 Jul 13, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I just wonder if they've figured out how they expect to explain how the meteorites, which supposedly dropped off the building blocks for life on earth, got there. Shew...it's positively exhausting to think about all the experiments they have ahead them...
The experiments they run do help us, sometimes.

The meteorites got there when nothing exploded and magically turned into something.

Or something like that.
Al Garcia

Riverside, CA

#640408 Jul 13, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb Christian...you forgot the rest of Proverbs 16:9
"A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."
If the lord directs his steps, then HOW do you equate that verse to "free will"?
<quoted text>What does this have to do with FREE WILL?!
This relates to choosing which God you worship...what does that have to do with FREE WILL?
<quoted text>"Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own."
What does this have to do with FREE WILL never being mentioned even ONCE in the bible?
This says GOD'S WILL, and whether or not teachings come from God or not. It has nothing to do with "free will" on earth.
<quoted text>Free will itself is NOT made up...but trying to attribute FREE WILL as being in the bible, or being sent in a message from God IS made up!! LOL, The mere fact that you can't provide ONE VERSE from the bible that mentioned FREE WILL proves my point.
The Bible never specifically mentions the word "free will" but it does portray people as having wills and minds of their own in numerous scriptures. Beginning with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, it clearly shows that we have the ability to choose. It continues throughout the Bible where it clearly shows people generating their own activities and creating their own destinies.
Deut 30:11-19

Many times in the Bible it clearly shows that people did make a decision to go against God.
From Solomon to Zedekiah to the Pharisees refusing to be baptized by John to name a few.

Generally, I believe that the scriptures really are pointing to the fact that we really are responsible for our own actions and our own behaviors.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640409 Jul 13, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
He pretty much crossed the line with me on that post.
That's exactly what he wants.

Just flirt with him and talk about him without responding. Pisses him right off.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#640410 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tapped my six month old child.
I want to add...Im not implying you are a bad father. YOu are probably a great father...BUT, it's not a good idea, or even logical to tap a baby.

My husband "tapped" or 10 month old on the mouth a few times...(he's 17 now)

I would lose my MIND, and go crazy when he did that! He would tap him on the mouth, and say "no". Needless to say.....that didn't last long because the wrath he got from me afterward was EPIC!

We're still married, and he's a great father.
He learned from his mistakes.....
That's part of being a parent...just hold off on tapping until they can at least walk and talk...just my advice :D

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640411 Jul 13, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
There are NO "repercussions" for smoking weed,
I gotta stopATP ya there, Ms EpicallyLongPoster....

Smoking weed is harmful to a body. It DOES have repercussions.

Read. If you dare.

http://www.the-scientist.com/...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640412 Jul 13, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>WTF?!
seriously?
Maybe you should re-think that.
Im not against spanking or "tapping", but at least start it at an age when there brains are developed to the point they can understand WHY you are "tapping" them.
Is the mother okay with tapping at 6 months old?
Im such a momma bear with my 4 kids, that would never fly with me :D
Ever smoke a cigarette or see someone else smoke one?

Now, imagine the 'tap' on the cigarette as you ash off in the ashtray.

That's all it was. Catcher's trying to make it sound like I beat my 6 month old baby with a stick.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640413 Jul 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap.
Really, RR.
I'm out of here.
Good riddance.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640414 Jul 13, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible never specifically mentions the word "free will" but it does portray people as having wills and minds of their own in numerous scriptures. Beginning with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, it clearly shows that we have the ability to choose. It continues throughout the Bible where it clearly shows people generating their own activities and creating their own destinies.
Many times in the Bible it clearly shows that people did make a decision to go against God.
From Solomon to Zedekiah to the Pharisees refusing to be baptized by John to name a few.
Generally, I believe that the scriptures really are pointing to the fact that we really are responsible for our own actions and our own behaviors.
Ya.

What he said.
Al Garcia

United States

#640415 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!!!!
You forgot his Friday night date show.....
http://youtu.be/v9am7P9pWo8
Ahahaha! You almost made me spill my Iced Tea!!!

Hey! It's kinda toasty in Riverside today. I'm thinking of Joining Catcher at the beach today.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640416 Jul 13, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I want to add...Im not implying you are a bad father. YOu are probably a great father...BUT, it's not a good idea, or even logical to tap a baby.
My husband "tapped" or 10 month old on the mouth a few times...(he's 17 now)
I would lose my MIND, and go crazy when he did that! He would tap him on the mouth, and say "no". Needless to say.....that didn't last long because the wrath he got from me afterward was EPIC!
We're still married, and he's a great father.
He learned from his mistakes.....
That's part of being a parent...just hold off on tapping until they can at least walk and talk...just my advice :D
Yes ma'am, I'm aware of that.

When my first son was about six months old, one day he was in a real shitty mood. He was throwing things around, slapping me & his mom and just being a real brat.

I first checked for poopies. None. Then I checked to see if he was sick or teething or something. Nada. He was just being an ass and testing us.

I picked him up, say him on my lap and tapped him in the mouth. He gave me a look like "WTF just happened".

I didn't feel good about it, but he stopped his temper tantrum.

Catcher calls that corporal punishment.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#640417 Jul 13, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible never specifically mentions the word "free will" but it does portray people as having wills and minds of their own in numerous scriptures.
...and the bible also says "GOD directs your path"....so how does that fit into free will?
The bible is so contradictory.
The prevalence and popularity of the "free will" excuse is astounding. The Christians constantly shift the blame from their God to themselves. Aren't they supplanting their God's authority?
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Beginning with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, it clearly shows that we have the ability to choose. It continues throughout the Bible where it clearly shows people generating their own activities and creating their own destinies.
Nowhere in there does it ever state they have free will. Quite the opposite. Anything they do that is displeasing to "God" is dealt with in such an overly harsh manner that it would appear more on the level of malicious than a "God".
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That should not be mistaken for free will because it is not. I've never considered a "my way or else" kind of threat, especially of harm, to be free will anyway. It's more properly called "coersion" at best "terroristic threats" in its most extreme.
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
EITHER
All human action is deterministic and known to god before we existed - therefore free will is illusory and sinners were born to burn in hell.
OR
Free will exists, and God doesn't know whether one of his children will return to him or burn in hell??
You can't have it both ways....

To me "free will" is just a cheap excuse and cop out for God inability to do ANYTHING on this Earth...and anything would would equate as a GOD would be able to do this...and know this

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640418 Jul 13, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahaha! You almost made me spill my Iced Tea!!!
Hey! It's kinda toasty in Riverside today. I'm thinking of Joining Catcher at the beach today.
Yup. I said f_ck you, Riverside Public Utilities! I'm turning on my A/C.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#640419 Jul 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya.
What he said.
lol he did do a good job of somewhat trying to stretch the bible into acknowledging free will but....BUT,....the bible also says "GOD directs your path"....so how does that fit into free will?
The bible is so contradictory.
The prevalence of the "free will" excuse is astounding.
The Christians constantly shift the blame from their God to themselves.
Aren't they supplanting their God's authority?
Nowhere in the bible or Al Garcia's verses does it ever state they have free will. Quite the opposite. Anything in the bible they do that is displeasing to "God" is dealt with in such an overly harsh manner that it would appear more on the level of malicious than a "God".
That should not be mistaken for free will because it is not. I've never considered a "my way or else" kind of threat, especially of harm, to be free will anyway. It's more properly called "coersion" at best "terroristic threats" in its most extreme.
To me "free will" is just a cheap excuse and cop out for God inability to do ANYTHING on this Earth...and anything would would equate as a GOD would be able to do this...and know this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 646,761
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Nohweh 49,129
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 40 min DebraE 24
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 48 min taylorr 25
A Dysfunctional Family can't lead America 1 hr HiddnNumbrz 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 445,731
Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam 1 hr willyrogers 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 44,707
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web