Prove there's a god.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640201 Jul 12, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Soooooo..... We can't order????
Would you like a successful De-conversion Certificate? You'll have something far more valuable when you leave the false security of a religious cult and return to the modern world - your self-dignity!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640202 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just as thick as any fundiseased Christian godbot, kid. Anti-theists bravely accept their mortality.
Oh yeah, tough guy.

Wait until it happens.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#640203 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
There is no way that chance, clay,“organic soup,” or natural selection could invent the chemical code of a first cell, and use it to write information instructing the cell to make just the right proteins, fold them properly, and send each one to the only place in the cell where it will fit. There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to information, neither is there any physical process or material phenomenon known that can do this. Consider the odds against the right information popping up! Information never happens apart from intelligence, yet cells contain huge amounts of information. I believe this is the most important single evidence that life came from the mind of an intelligent Creator rather than from dumb chemicals.
ah yes, to build a god.

believers love to build their god in the first pool of ignorance they find, no pool too small for a christian god
Al Garcia

United States

#640204 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like a successful De-conversion Certificate? You'll have something far more valuable when you leave the false security of a religious cult and return to the modern world - your self-dignity!
But wait.... There's more.....

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#640205 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked you like a dozen times and you never answer....
Please supply this mysterious evidence you have that life can create itself.
now that is a stupid contention.

must be christian

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640206 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> Nearly four billion years later; somewhere on Earth can still be found these works of art, left by the volcanoes’ ash, mixed with water from Iceland’s glaciers. There they are-matter and water, water and matter, soft and hard combined, the crucial alliance shared by every life-form on our planet. Minerals and metals are even older than the Earth.
They are stardust. They provide the Earth’s colors. Red from iron, black from carbon, blue from copper, yellow from sulfur. Where do we come from? Where did life first spark into being? A miracle of time, primitive life-forms still exist in the globe’s hot springs. They give them their colors. They’re called archaeobacteria. They all feed off the Earth’s heat-all except the cyanobacteria or blue-green algae. They alone have the capacity to turn to the sun to capture its energy. They are a vital ancestor of all yesterday’s and today’s plant species. These tiny bacterias and their billions of descendants change the destiny of our planet. They transformed its atmosphere. What happened to the carbon that poisoned the atmosphere? It’s still here imprisoned in the Earth’s crust. We can read this chapter of the Earth’s history nowhere better than on the walls of Colorado’s Grand Canyon. They reveal nearly two billion years of the Earth’s history. Once upon a time, the Grand Canyon was a sea inhabited by microorganisms. They grew their shells by tapping into carbon from the atmosphere dissolved in the ocean. When they died, the shells sank and accumulated on the seabed. These strata are the product of those billions and billions of shells. Thanks to them, the carbon drained from the atmosphere, and other life-forms could develop. It is life that altered the atmosphere. Plant life fed off the sun’s energy which enabled it to break apart the water molecule and take the oxygen. And oxygen filled the air. The Earth’s water cycle is a process of constant renewal. Waterfalls, water vapor, clouds, rain, springs, rivers, seas, oceans, glaciers, the cycle is never broken. There’s always the same quantity of water on Earth.
LOl...where's the part where alice finds wonderland? Proteins are so hard to make that in all of nature, they never form except in already living cells. Never!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640207 Jul 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
ah yes, to build a god.
believers love to build their god in the first pool of ignorance they find, no pool too small for a christian god
I never mentioned a Christian god, why do you bigots always hate the Christian? The evidence indicates that the information in DNA was put there by a Creator. I never said "Christian". life only comes from life

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640208 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You have absolutely no understanding of either abiogenesis or evolution and should learn science before making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.
The Brilliance of Charles Darwin confirmed by modern science:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/darwin...
Evolution 101:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/darwin...
"At the heart of evolutionary theory is the basic idea that life has existed for billions of years and has changed over time. Overwhelming evidence supports this fact. Scientists continue to argue about details of evolution, but the question of whether life has a long history or not was answered in the affirmative at least two centuries ago."
Evolution proves only comes from life. Abiogenesis, the idea that the first life started with no intelligent designer, is contrary to real science. It contradicts:


•The Laws of Probability that calculate the chance of a thing happening,


•The Principle of Biogenesis (life only comes from life),


•The tendency of things to become disordered, described by the entropy of the Second Law of Thermodynamics,


•The observation of what happens in nature,


•The experimental evidence.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640209 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Abiogenesis, the idea that the first life started with no intelligent designer, is contrary to real science.
Never quote young earth creationist bullshit to a rational adult. You obviously don't understand "real science" and simply make a complete ass of yourself. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about even though you've been provided with valuable resources which contradict your Christian brainwashing.

In fact, abiogenesis is science. Intelligent Design isn't science. Unfortunately, you're far too retarded to understand the difference between science and disingenuous Christian pseudoscience bullshit. As such, you're a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race, kid.

Creation "Science" Debunked:
http://www.huecotanks.com/debunk/

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#640211 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never mentioned a Christian god, why do you bigots always hate the Christian? The evidence indicates that the information in DNA was put there by a Creator. I never said "Christian". life only comes from life
oh, I judged which god based upon the intellect of the poster.

are you advancing a god other than the xtian?
some guy

Sublimity, OR

#640212 Jul 12, 2013
you cant prove there's a God just like you cant prove evolution is a fact of life. The only difference between creation and evolution though is that science actually supports creation. Scientist know now that our universe had a beginning which implies there had to be a beginner/creator. Even though before they thought that the universe was infinite (always there) and never had a beginning.

"well, they were wrong. imagine that."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640213 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOl...where's the part where alice finds wonderland? Proteins are so hard to make that in all of nature, they never form except in already living cells. Never!
I see so you want me to take your word over hundreds of people, who actually study the science of our biology, pull your head from the sand my friend and give it a shake. Odd how some have no concept of science and fluff it off, yet here they are on the internet, on their computers, in their comfortable homes, that through the manipulation of Alchemy and the scientific method, mankind has created.
some guy

Sublimity, OR

#640214 Jul 12, 2013
to all those who still believe in the big bang theory try blowing up a watermelon or something and watch all the pieces just fly randomly all over the place and see how smart you feel than.

"In the Beginning there was nothing,

which exploded!"

lol, people actually still believe in that shit? Again, there's a reason why they still call it the big bang THEORY, and not the big bang. lol

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640215 Jul 12, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait..... If you order in the next 10 minutes we'll double your order.(Plus separate shipping and handling) in addition you'll receive a free 6 months subscription to the heman godbot haters magazine. So grab your credit card and order NOW!!!
He's sworn in...

I...PA...A Member in good standing of the He-Man Godbot Haters Club... Do solemnly swear to be a he-man and hate Godbots and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never provide evidence to back up my claims, or engage in a normal conversation, and if I do may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours - or until I scream bloody murder.

:)...Poor PA!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640216 Jul 12, 2013
some guy wrote:
you cant prove there's a God just like you cant prove evolution is a fact of life. The only difference between creation and evolution though is that science actually supports creation. Scientist know now that our universe had a beginning which implies there had to be a beginner/creator. Even though before they thought that the universe was infinite (always there) and never had a beginning.
"well, they were wrong. imagine that."
Actually , evolution is a fact, the exact details of everything is not known. The big bang theory, and string theory, are educated guesses not fact. Religion, is mythology derived from Astronomy. So you know , the new theory is that our Universe is not the only one,that our universe could actually be one of billions more, same as our solar system is not the only one, our our galaxy is not the only one.Again this is all speculation, based on educated guesses, o0f what we think we know.If your interested, might I suggest, the documentary, about the Hubble telescope.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#640217 Jul 12, 2013
some guy wrote:
to all those who still believe in the big bang theory try blowing up a watermelon or something and watch all the pieces just fly randomly all over the place and see how smart you feel than.
"In the Beginning there was nothing,
which exploded!"
lol, people actually still believe in that shit? Again, there's a reason why they still call it the big bang THEORY, and not the big bang. lol
LOL...I like that...Nothing...which exploded!!!
some guy

Sublimity, OR

#640218 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually , evolution is a fact, the exact details of everything is not known. The big bang theory, and string theory, are educated guesses not fact. Religion, is mythology derived from Astronomy. So you know , the new theory is that our Universe is not the only one,that our universe could actually be one of billions more, same as our solar system is not the only one, our our galaxy is not the only one.Again this is all speculation, based on educated guesses, o0f what we think we know.If your interested, might I suggest, the documentary, about the Hubble telescope.
no one has facts to prove the origin of our beginning, but to his his own. "I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to make up their own facts."
Thanks for the advice, but I now what I believe (I refuse to hurt anyone for my believes in God) and will die with those believes. Think of me what you will.

on a side note; I don't care how much some one hates me for what I believe in.
Al Garcia

United States

#640219 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
He's sworn in...
I...PA...A Member in good standing of the He-Man Godbot Haters Club... Do solemnly swear to be a he-man and hate Godbots and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never provide evidence to back up my claims, or engage in a normal conversation, and if I do may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours - or until I scream bloody murder.
:)...Poor PA!!
Poor PA. He talks about go good it is to be him, but we're the ones enjoying life and other posters on here, yet he's the one being shunned by just about everyone. I wonder if he knows he's lonely.
I wonder if he knows he's angry and we all see it.
Poor PA. He just can't sell it.

Should we tell him about his social impotence?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#640220 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That unfalsifiable would only apply to literal interpretations of ancient religious works. That is the only thing the anti ID crowd uses to poo poo it.
You may notice my approach is a technological one, as is the approach of most with theistic leanings.
We don't get into imaginary virtual particles, matter and energy you can't see, and a whole bunch of "coulds".
In an existence of begatting, something begat it all.
Nope. A hypothesis must always be falsifiable. That means that there should be a way to observe something that completely goes against the theory.

A simple example. Geologists hypothesise that the deeper you go down into strata, the older the strata would become. Now, since the geologic colume ties in so intimately with the fossil record, if we say, found a rabbit fossil in Cambrian strata, that would imply that rabbits were on earth before amphibians, reptiles and even fish.

That would be a falsification hypothesis for most of evolution theory. It would prove our understanding of the subject is wrong. Of course, I would dare you to go and find a Cambrian rabbit.

Anyways. ID has no such observations. Hence, it is a pseudo-science

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640221 Jul 12, 2013
some guy wrote:
<quoted text>
no one has facts to prove the origin of our beginning, but to his his own. "I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to make up their own facts."
Thanks for the advice, but I now what I believe (I refuse to hurt anyone for my believes in God) and will die with those believes. Think of me what you will.
on a side note; I don't care how much some one hates me for what I believe in.
No, not the beginning of the Universe, but yes, the beginning of mankind,again, not all is known, but enough .To understand the evolutionary process. Now since, this form is 'Prove theres a god", that would suggest, that it is those of the religious faith to explain, their evidence, to the claim. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would be really interested, of even the evidence, that a jesus christ ever existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min onemale 286,463
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr bagittagit 101,073
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr emperorjohn 445,666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,486
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Sky Writer 31 184,303
Fraud DoctoRx 9 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
_____Antichrist MARCH 2017_____ 10 hr Sobering2017News 1
More from around the web