Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#640108 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>...eeee...
The nanokitteh just fainted...dead away....
What a coincidence!

I'm an expert resuscitator.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#640110 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I've asked you like a dozen times and you never answer....

Please supply this mysterious evidence you have that life can create itself.
You're evidence.

Barely.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640111 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have been on here for 3 years in November. I should be famous on here for relating my death experience. It appears you missed that while you were gone.
I appreciate your trying to enlighten me, but I will have to say I have been there and have the T-shirt.
I can not agree with your assessment.
That is fine my friend, I can agree to disagree. seeing how you have been here for the last 3 yrs, you also understand that there has been no real movement forward in the discussion, of "Prove theres a god", that really this topic has gone round and round for centuries. I suppose we can conclude,that we all have different ideals, of how and when everything all started, but the truth is none of us know. And while I can respect your right to choose your way of thinking, it is not my choice, as mine is not yours. But we do still share more in common than different as far as our needs of survival go. My choice for being an Atheist is, because I see no responsibility of religion, towards all life on this planet, including our environments and biosphere.I've read up on many different religions of mankind, and I view all religions the same,while there is some good that has come from them all,they all have the same social morality about them, But they are also very indifferent towards each other, many men have died and been killed in the name of all those gods.Today we are destroying the very thing that makes all life as we know it possible, so to me , really religion, is not a real topic of importance, as compared to the realities of our social and environmental well being.I only have to look towards Israel to see real hatred , because of religious indifference.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640112 Jul 12, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
What part of the following comment didn't you understand: "There's absolutely no scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design."
Nice evidence....LOL...I guess you proved us wrong with that statement. Great argument! LOL

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640113 Jul 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. We have all kinds of plants indoors that don't see sunlight, but what I was meaning is that without the sun nothing would live, because all of the things you mentioned ultimately derived their energy from the sun. Hydro electricity is produced by water movement, but if the sun didn't exist the water would not move, as assuming the earth was actually here, if there was water on it, it would be froze solid. Fossil fuels originally came from plant and/or animal life which required the sun to grow, etc.
I kind of forget what the other person's point was now, so I may be slightly off topic.
Boooots, Bubba. That is the same logic used for the existence of God.

You can take the boy out of the religion, but you can't take the religion out of the boy.:-)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640114 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

In Obama's America, I'm licensed in 57 states.
Haha!

lol

At least SOMEBODY got that joke....
You must be very tired.

Location hidden

#640115 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You consider the Cystic Fibrosis gene mutation a "new and improved" combination? Wow.
I am not a geneticist, so I can not give you definite description of that particular, gene, but there is not doubt, it is a genetic mutation, whether from birth, or environmental variable , I can not say, but I'm sure you could google it, from a University site. But down syndrome has been linked to people , who breed to closely with relatives.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640116 Jul 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're evidence.
Barely.
I didn't create myself.

Try again.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#640117 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>...ahem...

As the Zimmerman jury said, "Show me the entire evidence package!", if you dare. ;)
Hey RR!

That was a proposition.

In case you didn't notice.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#640119 Jul 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
Now you fit in perfectly!
That's my Ms. Almondy, sharing her private life with all of us.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#640121 Jul 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RR!
That was a proposition.
In case you didn't notice.
Keep reading......

Derp.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#640122 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so thick headed, eh?
*he he he*
It's the lube.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#640123 Jul 12, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are suggesting is just bullying of one country by a mob of other countries, and that is quite a terrible thing. If a country's people do not like their countries laws, then it is up to them to change that law. You cannot have some countries and cultures dictating what other countries and cultures should do and how they should be. Would you appreciate the U.S. meddling in your country's legal system? Who are they to meddle?
[parts cut out to make space] They kill murderers in an attempt to save lives.
Countries that have the death penalty for murder, which is the case in the USA which still has some states that have the death penalty, and it has a far higher murder rate than does countries, such as Canada, which does not have the death penalty. Granted the USA has other social ills too that Canada does not have to the same extent, which causes crime, one being their stupid right to carry guns in some states, and also their war mentality, which makes killing something that seems easier to do (I suppose). Even the USA does not execute all murderers. They have many on death row for each person that actually gets executed.

Those executed usually are the poor people also, some of which did not have the money for good defense lawyers, and in some cases, are innocent.

I don't think there is any way to justify putting to death an innocent person due to an error in the justice system. It is not right that they should be in prison either for crimes that did not commit, however in prison they still have some opportunity of eventually proving their innocence. Once they are executed, guilty or innocent, that opportunity is no longer there.

I would not want a country that has barbaric laws running my country, or telling my country what to do, but everyone in the world should stand up against human rights violations, and should not tolerate them, whether the country has its own government or not. The world is too small a place nowadays that we can live our own isolated lives unaffected by what goes on in other places, and what happens to other people.

As the USA has one federal government which controls the laws of the country, with various state governments, and municipal governments that look after more local issues, but are answerable to the country, so there should be one governing body in the world to which all countries answer, but each country still has its own internal government to look after particular situations that apply only to the running of their particular area.

Human rights cannot be something decided independently by each country, because what rights a human "should" have should not be decided by whatever idiot happens to be running a particular country, but should be what all people agree to are what we have to have as a world in order to continue existing as human beings.

I agree that the UN and NATO are badly flawed as they now operate, but in theory they were not intended to be that way, and man more so now than ever before in history has to stop thinking on an individual within your own borders scale, and thinking what benefits all humanity.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#640124 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have been on here for 3 years in November. I should be famous on here for relating my death experience. It appears you missed that while you were gone.
I appreciate your trying to enlighten me, but I will have to say I have been there and have the T-shirt.
I can not agree with your assessment.
Could you explain what happened again ?
I must of missed it.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#640126 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
I guess you proved us wrong with that statement.
I'll make it so simple that a religiously retarded imbecile like you can understand.

If the universe and life on earth had been designed then there would be overwhelming scientific evidence of design and absolutely none exists. In fact, all of the scientific evidence fully supports entirely natural origins without any need for supernatural guidance.

You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your willful ignorance of science, freak.

Location hidden

#640127 Jul 12, 2013
Again, it is the diversity of the Alchemy, that life begins and ends. In simple terms, its no different than making a spot of good tea, there are many different variables, that make it possible, the kind of tea, the amount of tea, the, water, the temperature, the milk or cream, sugar, no sugar, believe it or not, every minute particular counts, You could make a million cups of tea, and not one will be precise. Now think of the Universe on the grand scale that it is, that we think it is, Now you give me a perfect answers to your questions,hmm , not so easy eh. Now suggesting some one just went poof, is a bit absurd, don't ya think. Perhaps this is all just here for my amusement,lol. Perhaps we are but a neuron in a larger being, that what seems to be a billion yrs is actually but a nano second of some one elses reality, things that make you go hmmmm, que, twilight zone music Here,
“There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man ... a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.” This highway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you're on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable...Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination...
Next stop The Twilight Zone.”
&#8213; Rod Serling

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#640128 Jul 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my Ms. Almondy, sharing her private life with all of us.
No, it wasn't, poohead. Not ALL of my comments are sexual innuendos.:p

Location hidden

#640129 Jul 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. We have all kinds of plants indoors that don't see sunlight, but what I was meaning is that without the sun nothing would live, because all of the things you mentioned ultimately derived their energy from the sun. Hydro electricity is produced by water movement, but if the sun didn't exist the water would not move, as assuming the earth was actually here, if there was water on it, it would be froze solid. Fossil fuels originally came from plant and/or animal life which required the sun to grow, etc.
I kind of forget what the other person's point was now, so I may be slightly off topic.
Agreed

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#640130 Jul 12, 2013
laurascot wrote:
i would love to believe in god but i just cant make myself, bit of proof would do it for me
I think many of us are in that same boat, but as time passes the only proofs that ever come out are more and more proofs that the stories which we attached to God, did not really happen. Man has never verified the existence of a god or of God.

For some reason, though we are in the 21st century now, and many times more advanced in a lot of ways than people were even 100 years ago, we still have billions of people worldwide that will believe in magic, invisible deities, etc., yet they would not be so irrational about other topics.

Clearly by the numbers, western nations, or what we could term as the more advanced nations of society are having fewer and fewer people that actually practice whatever 'beliefs' that some may still have, but still the numbers are way too high of believers, yet there has never been more information discovered to cause people to believe.

Is believing in invisible deities hust some sort of genetic flaw in humans?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#640131 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold still, Pomona. Hard talking to you when you dance around like that.
You have much less time than 5 billion years. You are gonna die and miss the end of the movie.
Now, one more time, if you aren't too scared to discuss it, why do living creatures die?
Because that's why you moved to Florida. But changed your mind, but it wont change the ending.

John dies in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Pharisitic Cathol... 646,588
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min It aint necessari... 48,595
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Everybody Must Ge... 105,586
Prepare To Meet Thy God 26 min Oh No You Di-nt 3
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 49 min lil whispers 3,681
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min Voyeur 38,752
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,721
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,682
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr here 281,251
More from around the web