Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#640222 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tidal force of the sun. Take it away and it would crash.
Uhhh no.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#640224 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>I see so you want me to take your word over hundreds of people, who actually study the science of our biology, pull your head from the sand my friend and give it a shake. Odd how some have no concept of science and fluff it off, yet here they are on the internet, on their computers, in their comfortable homes, that through the manipulation of Alchemy and the scientific method, mankind has created.
You argue like al gore telling us the oceans should have flooded us by now. Same thing al says. Remember all those scientists have been saying for years that omega 3 is good for us?

#640225 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
The Earth/moon gravity is just an anchor for all other gravity to cause the orbiting via tidal forces.
Listen closely.
All mass has a gravitational attraction to all other mass in the universe. If you disagree, then argue with mainstream physics and cosmology.
Now, you have relatively strong gravity links between the earth and the moon, between the earth and the sun, and between the moon and the sun. In addition, and this is no little thing, the earth, moon, and sun all also have individual gravity to links to the rest of the Milky Way, and beyond. Period. Fact.
Let's work back from the Milky Way. It's center of gravity keeps the solar system in its orbit. But this is not just the gravity link between the galaxy and the sun, it is also all the individual links of the solar system. There is also another link caused by the barycenters of objects within the solar system which gives it an appearance to the galaxy of being a single mass. But the fact is the whole galaxy, which is much stronger than the sun, also has a hold on the earth, moon, and everything else here. This is a tidal force pulling on the planets that are anchored by the local gravity links. The galactic strength is stronger, but the local links offer resistance. This creates motion about the larger mass by the smaller mass. This same principle extends down to the sun and its relationship to the earth and moon. This periodicity of rotating around larger masses allows that tidal force to exert a pull toward the sun which overcomes the gravity of the earth on the moon, keeping it in motion instead of being drawn in. It provides the escape velocity for a brief time.
Also, do not forget the force of gravity of the galaxy is being felt in the sun.
Take away the sun or the galaxy and the moon will be in your lap pretty soon.
Dave, for someone that claims to know so much about physics, you know very very little about the fundementals of it.

The piece you had written is utter garbage. Wanna know why? Because you cannot even put in ONE equation to prove your point.

Here is a clue.

Calculate the gravitational force of the earth and moon. I am sure you can google it. And yes, Newton's Laws are good enough for this, no need to worry about Einstein.

VvvbThen, see if you can find a RESULTANT FORCE (c'mon that is a dead giveaway), working upward from the mass.

Another tip: Fill a bucket with water, hold it in your head, and spin your arm. If you move to slow, the water falls out on your head. But uf you spin fast enough, the water stays in the bucket.

Can you perhapd tell us why?

#640226 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not necessarily. All I'm saying is that it IS possible.
No snake. Serpent. A serpent is not necessarily a reptile, you know.
Of course I realize that. But the bible isn't meant for one generation or one culture to understand. It's designed to be studied & researched by everyone for all time. So far, so good.
A serpent is not a reptile?? Care to defune the word and try again?

#640227 Jul 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, Professor Brainiac.
Gravity is strongest where the mass is most dense.
There may be a swell, but that is not what causes the tides. It is caused by the whole damned ocean being dragged along by the moon. Water is wet and it rolls real good.
The moon is trying to suck the ocean off tangentially, not straight up. It rolls easier than it rises.
Can you prove anything you just said with a calculation?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640228 Jul 12, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
A serpent is not a reptile?? Care to defune the word and try again?
Serpents are biblically known as excellent magic poofers, they have all sorts of poof powers and can even live forever.
I kinda like the one in The Golden Child, which had a super poofer serpent.
oneear69

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#640229 Jul 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You argue like al gore telling us the oceans should have flooded us by now. Same thing al says. Remember all those scientists have been saying for years that omega 3 is good for us?
Well heres the thing my friend, science is not perfect. and it doesn't claim to be, in fact what we consider good science today, may be considered barbaric tomorrow,but that is the process of trial and error of the scientific method. By the way, the polar caps, and mountain glaciers of the world, are actually melting faster than predicted, which could explain a lot of the flooding that has occurred globally. But all that aside, I agree there is a lot of bad science around, commercial science, that is manipulated for monetary gains, are usually biased and untruthful, the science and technology we use for our global military's, is kind of a form of insanity and science gone horribly wrong. Again, perhaps you could help, I have asked for evidence of a man named jesus christ existing some 2000 yrs ago, I have yet to get an answer, I realize you are not a christian, so maybe perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining the evidence of your creator, just wondering.

#640230 Jul 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws of GOD!
I am no Astronomer,, but i assume the simplicity of it would have to do with, force and gravity.
You do not need to be an astronomer to answer a question you may be expected to find in an eighth grade science paper.

Anyways. You have been shown to have a poorer grasp of physics than most middle-school kids.

#640231 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So there's no evidence after all, huh?
Lol, you moron. You just shot yourself in the foot.
Besides, even if humans ever get to the point that we can create life from non-life, that only strengthens creationism.
Because if a mere human can do it, so can God.
So can the Myterious Cheesy Weasel

#640232 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually I've claimed that NO evidence suggests it.
Not what I can recall, but let us roll with that.

Still, your statement is wrong. Evidence do suggest it, that is why we have the hypothesis.

What we are yet to achieve, is to provide a working experiment showing exactly how it happened, as well as affirming the hypothesis. Of course, that is where the religious nuts attack, because in their eyes, if an experiment fails, it strengthens the case for their god.

#640233 Jul 12, 2013
some guy wrote:
to all those who still believe in the big bang theory try blowing up a watermelon or something and watch all the pieces just fly randomly all over the place and see how smart you feel than.
"In the Beginning there was nothing,
which exploded!"
lol, people actually still believe in that shit? Again, there's a reason why they still call it the big bang THEORY, and not the big bang. lol
You do not know what 'theory' is, because you hve not heard the term 'theoretical framework' before.

Now, it is all very technical, and I am not in the mood to explain it to a guy that will probably fail a middle school science paper.

#640234 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I like that...Nothing...which exploded!!!
Of course you do.
Gary

Dayton, OH

#640235 Jul 13, 2013
There is a God. You don't need proof just believe

Location hidden

#640236 Jul 13, 2013
Gary wrote:
There is a belief. You don't need god just proof.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640237 Jul 13, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, for someone that claims to know so much about physics, you know very very little about the fundementals of it.
The piece you had written is utter garbage. Wanna know why? Because you cannot even put in ONE equation to prove your point.
Here is a clue.
Calculate the gravitational force of the earth and moon. I am sure you can google it. And yes, Newton's Laws are good enough for this, no need to worry about Einstein.
VvvbThen, see if you can find a RESULTANT FORCE (c'mon that is a dead giveaway), working upward from the mass.
Another tip: Fill a bucket with water, hold it in your head, and spin your arm. If you move to slow, the water falls out on your head. But uf you spin fast enough, the water stays in the bucket.
Can you perhapd tell us why?
You could be more coherent.

I don't need to insert an equation. What I presented is just a basic fact of physics. I guess you missed the part about leverage.

You not only have gravity at work, but you also have inertia at work. You have a lighter object circling a larger object at a distance. They are both also moving with that lighter orbiting. Their gravitational link causes the larger to be the fulcrum in relation to another gravitational force. I gave the galactic center and the sun as examples of that.

The simple fact is the lighter orbiting object is moving faster. When it comes around behind the larger in relation to the the distant gravity force it is already accelerating. It is like spinning a playground merry go round. A lot less force to keep it spinning than from a dead start. Heading for the backside adds the cumulative gravity pull and does the slingshot thing.

Take that away and the moon would immediately start falling, just like a bullet does. There is nothing to keep it going. Your barycentric wobble is from that distant gravity.

That is just part of many more dynamics at work.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#640238 Jul 13, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove anything you just said with a calculation?
Again, basic physics and leverage. The water is on the circumference. It moves. You have a relative point source of gravity tugging on a tangent through the depths of the oceans. This causes a displacement and the tides. The overhead tug is negligible.

The core of the earth is where the most mass is and therefore the most gravity pull. That is a 60 degree cone under your feet no matter where you stand.

The average earth/moon barycenter is a cone 45 degrees beneath your feet at the pole, but it is roughly equatorial and changes. Everything above, like the oceans, crust, and part of the mantle is being worked on by the moon's gravity in the same way.

Location hidden

#640239 Jul 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to insert an equation. What I presented is just a basic fact of physics. I guess you missed the part about leverage.
You not only have gravity at work, but you also have inertia at work. You have a lighter object circling a larger object at a distance. They are both also moving with that lighter orbiting. Their gravitational link causes the larger to be the fulcrum in relation to another gravitational force. I gave the galactic center and the sun as examples of that.
The simple fact is the lighter orbiting object is moving faster. When it comes around behind the larger in relation to the the distant gravity force it is already accelerating. It is like spinning a playground merry go round. A lot less force to keep it spinning than from a dead start. Heading for the backside adds the cumulative gravity pull and does the slingshot thing.
Take that away and the moon would immediately start falling, just like a bullet does. There is nothing to keep it going. Your barycentric wobble is from that distant gravity.
That is just part of many more dynamics at work.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the Dave Nelson.
audrey

Philippines

#640240 Jul 13, 2013
A Formal Satire wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove unicorns don't exist. When you do that, I'll prove your god doesn't either.
what if i tell you that i cant prove it that unicorns dont exist??? well you then do the same??? and say then i will believe in God...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#640241 Jul 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, basic physics and leverage. The water is on the circumference. It moves. You have a relative point source of gravity tugging on a tangent through the depths of the oceans. This causes a displacement and the tides. The overhead tug is negligible.
The core of the earth is where the most mass is and therefore the most gravity pull. That is a 60 degree cone under your feet no matter where you stand.
The average earth/moon barycenter is a cone 45 degrees beneath your feet at the pole, but it is roughly equatorial and changes. Everything above, like the oceans, crust, and part of the mantle is being worked on by the moon's gravity in the same way.
It's called frame dragging.

#640242 Jul 13, 2013
Gary wrote:
And his name is the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel. There is no proof, just believe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min southern at heart 87,532
amber armes (Jun '13) 3 hr LEANNA WILLIAMS 25
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 703,574
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. (Oct '17) 7 hr Hock Fung Soc Tu 23
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 8 hr Plock Yan Yuk Foo 2
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 9 hr MGTOW 2
The Good Man Donald Trump 10 hr MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2