Prove there's a god.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#639890 Jul 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that some people, regardless of how well a society is run, and all people are given equal opportunities, and those having problems are helped before the problems escalate, will still have those that go bad. THAT is the cost we pay, but killing them still lowers everyone else who condones that killing to their level, and sometimes below it.
There are many countries that murder prisoners for things that are not harming other people at all, but rather are what their culture or religions claim is a sin punishable by death. There should be no country or society anywhere in the world that is tolerated by the rest of the world that would treat other human beings that way.
I am against all the senseless attacking of these countries that are having internal problems nowadays, but when I hear of someone who is facing the death penalty in some relatively advanced, but socially backward country, for something that would be considered a minor offence in my country (and I live in one of the best countries in the world in many ways), I think the UN or Nato, or whatever body is in control, should tell those countries that if that prisoner is executed every official in that country, who had any control over that will become enemies of the world, and put on a hit list. To me there is nothing lower.
Of course, we do put pressure on countries nowadays if they are about to execute a citizen of one of the free countries, but there needs to be more than just pressure. It has to be something that will make the others back down, without question.
Tribal laws, religious beliefs, or just plain ignorance, are no excuse for murder.
Those that put animal life ahead of human life (not that I think any animal should be purposely mistreated) should put their own money to help the animals, but society should never place a higher value on other animals than human animals.
What you are suggesting is just bullying of one country by a mob of other countries, and that is quite a terrible thing. If a country's people do not like their countries laws, then it is up to them to change that law. You cannot have some countries and cultures dictating what other countries and cultures should do and how they should be. Would you appreciate the U.S. meddling in your country's legal system? Who are they to meddle?

And moreover the UN is nothing but a puppet organisation controlled by the countries with the most weapons, some of which are the most violent and war mongering in the world. These countries are not necessarily the most civilized. Some not by a long shot. Who are they to wave their guns around telling the rest of the world how to be? Who are they to impose their version of morality and ethics on others?

And I don't buy this notion that killing murderers makes society as low as them, or lower. In that case, are we to conclude that the Allies were just as barbaric as the Nazis? The Nazis killed, they killed. Same, no?

Premeditated murderers kill people either because it is fun, or for some material gain or personal satisfaction such as revenge. A murderer is killed under law, after having faced trial, to send a message that the leadership does not tolerate the citizens of its country killing each other, and especially not the killing of innocents. They kill murderers in an attempt to save lives.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#639891 Jul 12, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the point. Many Christians plagiarise on here.
We must keep ourselves to a higher standard than that. Savvy?
Just to be fair the bible is a highly recognized ..

and a plagiarized book, no quotes necessary, given the authors are unknown anyway.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#639892 Jul 12, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay good.
So how tall was the tower of Babel?

It was skydaddy tall. lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#639893 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Well its nice to meet someone from there, is capitalism becoming as big there as they say> How do you feel about, private banking controlling state banks>, is the labour market in China, a slave market of inequality,do they really have children working in factories exploited by Western corporations, to produce products sold here. I understand these questions seem silly to you, but we really do not get the truth on Communist countries, as the propaganda here is to always portray communism as an evil entity, not that China's or Russia's communism was a true communism, just wondering.
China.

It's just a plane flight away.

Must of us speak English.

Here. In case you want to try.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#639894 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Serpent.
Not snake.
Name another reptile that crawls along its belly like a snake? There are actually one ot two. And no. They all lack vocal chords

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#639895 Jul 12, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are suggesting is just bullying of one country by a mob of other countries, and that is quite a terrible thing. If a country's people do not like their countries laws, then it is up to them to change that law. You cannot have some countries and cultures dictating what other countries and cultures should do and how they should be. Would you appreciate the U.S. meddling in your country's legal system? Who are they to meddle?
And moreover the UN is nothing but a puppet organisation controlled by the countries with the most weapons, some of which are the most violent and war mongering in the world. These countries are not necessarily the most civilized. Some not by a long shot. Who are they to wave their guns around telling the rest of the world how to be? Who are they to impose their version of morality and ethics on others?
And I don't buy this notion that killing murderers makes society as low as them, or lower. In that case, are we to conclude that the Allies were just as barbaric as the Nazis? The Nazis killed, they killed. Same, no?
Premeditated murderers kill people either because it is fun, or for some material gain or personal satisfaction such as revenge. A murderer is killed under law, after having faced trial, to send a message that the leadership does not tolerate the citizens of its country killing each other, and especially not the killing of innocents. They kill murderers in an attempt to save lives.
Like it or not, atrocity, genocide, or any crimes against humanity can be dealt with by a coalition of supporting countries authorized by the UN Security Counsel and it actions are considered more or less planetary law. This is what happened to Saddam when he took Kuwait, and he sadly mistook that Foreign Countries can bully a country by a mob of other countries, and it not be wrong.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#639896 Jul 12, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Name another reptile that crawls along its belly like a snake? There are actually one ot two. And no. They all lack vocal chords
My former girlfriend?

She was actually quite vocal.

Since: May 11

UK

#639897 Jul 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing... What will your address be?
...ask the Lawd, he knows all....doesn't he?

Since: Jul 13

Falkirk, Scotland

#639898 Jul 12, 2013
i would love to believe in god but i just cant make myself, bit of proof would do it for me

#639899 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't false. Science currently has a hypothesis...not evidence...otherwise...it'd be a theory.
<quoted text>
No, I'm not confusing propositions...if science had evidence...of any kind...if they could provide at least one single event...then they could demonstrate the possibility...currently...they cannot...hence...no evidence. NONE
<quoted text>
And I base my position on a lack of scientific evidence...of ny kind...as well as common sense and the ability to observe nature and my surroundings...which have adequately shown...non-living matter does not produce living things.
<quoted text>
I'm not confusing evidence of abiogenesis with direct observation of abiogenesis. There's nothing to confuse...it's never been observed and there is no evidence to suggest it happens. There is only an assumption that it must have.
<quoted text>
I can speak on this issue with authority because, contrary or what you may believe, I'm not entirely ignorant about how science works and I'm not an idiot. And, the reason I believe that meteorites having building blocks for life and that scientists were able to create a ribonucleotide in a lab was not evidence of abiogenesis is because it isn't. Just because meteorites have building blocks for life, in no way proves life formed from them. And certainly, being the scientific whiz kid you gloat on about...you understand that manipulating elements to form a ribonucleotide...which is only a component of RNA...is a far stretch from evidence that life forms from non-living matter.
<quoted text>
I'm stunned you haven't a more intelligent, scientifically based argument. Attacking my intelligence doesn't prove your point...just shows yours inability to do so.
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but it certainly has you all in a tizzy.
<quoted text>
LOL...my critique may have no value...that's probably true. As for the rest of that statement...please back that up...because thus far..you have not.
You are confusing propositions.

Scientists cannot yet demonstrate/replicate life from non-life, but you have claimed repeatedly, that "all evidence suggests" that this is impossible.

Geddit?

“Listen to the sounds”

#639900 Jul 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Like it or not, atrocity, genocide, or any crimes against humanity can be dealt with by a coalition of supporting countries authorized by the UN Security Counsel and it actions are considered more or less planetary law. This is what happened to Saddam when he took Kuwait, and he sadly mistook that Foreign Countries can bully a country by a mob of other countries, and it not be wrong.
If a country attacks another country, or if there are serious genocidal risks or ethnic cleansing, then others can and must collectively act. If they don't act, the situation can escalate more and more. But as far as a country is not doing that, others do not have any right to tell it what laws it should and should not have.

A mob of countries cannot for example dictate "Ban/instill the death penalty" or "ban/instill freedom of abortion", "or else". That is up to the countries people to dictate how they should be governed. Americans fought in a civil war, and fought in courts, and are still fighting in courts over laws, systems, values and a way of life that all Americans can agree on, without any intervention from other countries. Every country should be allowed to do the same, be allowed the right to their own self determination.

#639901 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow....I never stated anything as factual...I simply gave an answer to a question. You know I believe in God...what did you expect to hear?
hmm...let's see...NO...I don't want to tell you that all the different traits of all the different people evolved in 4,000 years...which is why I never said it.
Ok, perhaps let us change tack:

1) How long ago was the Tower of Babel incident, according to your mythology?

2) Do you believe that this was the diversifying point, where different races were concerned?

3) Are you willing to consider other sources than the Bible, regarding this issue?

Since: May 11

UK

#639902 Jul 12, 2013
laurascot wrote:
i would love to believe in god but i just cant make myself, bit of proof would do it for me
...oh don't worry, after that post there will be many many people along to HELP you believe in god.

"Consider the complexity of the human eye..."

"Just look at a banana...it was made for the human hand"

"He sent himself to die as a sacrifice to himself to himself to save you from himself....that's real love..."

all the way down to

"you'll find out when you stand before him after you die and he sends you to hell..."

Have fun LOL.

#639903 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense...that's really all it takes on this issue.
No... Research is all it takes. Because, abiogenesis is thus far a hypothesis that we cannot yet confirm, nor falsify.

#639904 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Puhleease!!
It's only meaningless in your opinion because it is true. Apply that to God and you'd be all for that. What's flawed about it? Replace the word abiogenesis with other idea or hypothesis and the math would be correct.
OMG...this is great!!! "Scientists and others, see it for what it is, and that is, that it isn't applicable to abiogenesis and other processes that have variables that aren't known"
That is EXACTLY what it is applicable to. When something is tested and retested and tested over and over again and it consistently gives the same results...well...you know science...they assume it to be true. Likewise, when something is tested and retested and tested over and over again and consistently nothing happens...well..I think it's quite fair to say...nothing's gonna happen. Sure, there are unknown variables to consider...but until they're found...we can assume the idea isn't true.
You see, look at the above post. You do not appreciate us being condescending, but then you make posts such as the one above.

I do not know how to make it any clearer than I already have. When dealing in probabilites, your calculations can only work when you KNOW ALL THE VARIABLES. You must know the probability of the event. To not know the probability of the event and claim to use statistics to dismiss it, goes against logic and reason.

I simply cannot make it any clearer than that.

“Listen to the sounds”

#639905 Jul 12, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I see there's a lot of comments on the talking snake thing. Far as I know, in the story there was no actual snake as we see snakes around. Satan is a shape shifter and he came in the form of a snake. That is how he could still talk. He could've came in the form of anything. Even Giraffe produces no sound, probably has no vocal cords. But if Satan changed into that, he could talk.

#639906 Jul 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Of corse I do...some basic principles simply stand the test of time. Like this...
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive.
It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be sconsonant with what we desperately
want to be ture. But our preferences do not determine what's true.
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)
Now that there is a bit of philosophy. What you gave us, is a claimed falsification hypothesis using probability statistics. Hardly the samenthing.

Once again, until you do not know prerequisite conditions and each and every variable, YOU CANNOT CALCULATE PROBABILITY.

If a car's sparknpkugs are removed, it will not start, no matter how many times you try. Spark plugs are a prerequisite condition, for your car to start.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#639907 Jul 12, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If a country attacks another country, or if there are serious genocidal risks or ethnic cleansing, then others can and must collectively act. If they don't act, the situation can escalate more and more. But as far as a country is not doing that, others do not have any right to tell it what laws it should and should not have.
A mob of countries cannot for example dictate "Ban/instill the death penalty" or "ban/instill freedom of abortion", "or else". That is up to the countries people to dictate how they should be governed. Americans fought in a civil war, and fought in courts, and are still fighting in courts over laws, systems, values and a way of life that all Americans can agree on, without any intervention from other countries. Every country should be allowed to do the same, be allowed the right to their own self determination.

Agreed and sovereignty cannot be overruled by an outside entity.

#639908 Jul 12, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>I think you think to much of Atheism, it is simply a non belief in any kind of god, thats it. Why try to make something more than it is.Forgot, you base your belief on faith, a false hope. And again , I could post here all day the evidence of mankinds influence on our environment, but something tells me I would have a better chance kicking at a dead horse, to pull the cart. You believe what you want my friend, unfortenitly that is your right, for there is no law against , stupidity. Hence the reason for our Bread and Circuses, democracies.
Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure
- The Matrix

#639909 Jul 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be fair the bible is a highly recognized ..
and a plagiarized book, no quotes necessary, given the authors are unknown anyway.
Lol good point.

Yo, Aura

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min phooey 603,086
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min too lazy to log in 272,821
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min Gary Coaldigger 7,871
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 421
White Lives MATTER 1 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 150
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min too lazy to log in 3,773
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 min Halle Berry Sister 2,856
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 30 min sangili karuppan 7,606
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Soon Armagedon Day 613,065
More from around the web