Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#639752 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome.

So we humans can make plants grow without sunlight.

So can God.
What god?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639753 Jul 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in the Army I remember doing work on a particular piece of vehicle ECM equipment, it was something I had never done before even though I was supposedly rated on over 3000 pieces of equipment.
I needed to go and get a spare board for the set and I went to stores to get it. Items with NATO stock numbers have a little peel off label which has the unit price paid for the item under it. I peeled it off and the unit price for this item was THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS!
I thought...holy [email protected] I can sell this, I could get thirty five grand for this. I had never held something of such monetary value in my hand before, then it dawned on me....to whom would I sell it?
I was in the only place where this thing was of use and the company making them probably didn't make many in a year so it needed to charge the correct amount for the item given that not many of them were sold.
How many times do you think a conservation archaeologist is called out in a year? Not many but he has to make a living so he charges accordingly.
It's called supply and demand Dave....
Excuse me, I thought you were whining about having to pay so much.

First thing you thought was blackmarketing that, eh?

Interesting.

I will be honest and say such thoughts have never even entered my mind, especially high value items. I will admit to considering pilfering minor things for personal use, but that was in my youth.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#639754 Jul 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the Patek Philippe TV commercials that tell you that you don't own a Patek Philippe, you hold it in trust for the next generation?
"To my son"

a 10 minute commercial! LOL

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#639755 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Serpent.
Not snake.
hahaaa...
Right, science doesn't have a magical or *supernatural* talking serpent.

Myths have that sort of element though.

Ashford, UK

#639756 Jul 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
With an artificially produced environment, that mimics nature.
watercress grows really quickly in the dark, but it doesn't live long existing only on the stored energy in the seed while unable to manufacture its own via photsynthesis.

Location hidden

#639757 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for providing the link. You're an excellently honest debater.
"By feeding plants with a synthetic compound called 15Ea-phycocyanobilin, they were able to make the plants behave as if they had been exposed to light."
Whut?
It doesn't replace all key plant processes that do require light, however, and without those processes the plant will die.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#639758 Jul 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I took legal advice a couple of years ago from a friend on a civil case which I was bringing.
I'm not a civil lawyer and being a barrister advocate I thought I knew more than I did....I wear the robes and he was a mere litigator after all.
I had my particulars of case laid out and I went in there all guns blazing about how I wanted the case to track....
He sat me down and gently ripped my arguments apart and formulated one which was a million times better than mine which I couldn't see because I was too close to the issues.
The lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client is a real truism.
Several years ago I had some legal/financial issues with a bank and it looked like Mr. Garcia was to be stomped and chewed upon by said Bank. This lawyer not only helped me out, he aggressively went after them and by the time every thing was said and done. I actually had beat the bank and ended up with money from them (settlement) when it comes to money, these guys know where to find it. Of course they got their cut from it. He was ruthless.

Location hidden

#639759 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think we don't notice.
Also, when you go to a store like Home Depot, Lowe's, WalMart or something, you might get a Mexican selling avocados, oranges or something, then you get the white bum crackhead bummin' money.
Drives us nuts.
I didn't know you had to bum money, RiversideRedneck.

Westcliffe, CO

#639760 Jul 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you should go to Great Britain and Europe. You would be amazed.
I lived in Amsterdam for a year, in an 18th Century three-story house. The entire structure was held up by huge tree trunks, on a diagonal from the street to the second floor. When a streetcar (tram) passed by, the entire house shook like in an earthquake. What's amazing is that after a while one doesn't even notice the shaking. I was reminded only when I had visitors, who asked how I could live with it, and I asked, live with what?
Proof that you are rather numb. Thanks for the confirmation.

I lived in some apartments about 30 yards from train tracks for a short while. There was no way a human being could get used to it unless their brain was used to being shut off from an early age.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#639761 Jul 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Wrong Dave. I'm not an Atheist.
"Change a circuit and it becomes a different system."
- I've yet to hear of a "brain transplant" that worked. Maybe you have.
- Again, the brain controls all functions in the human body, whether you think this is true or not, then so be it, you have that right.
But your diversion to my point that the "heart has nothing to do with the thinking process" only shows you let your emotions overpower your reason.
Good luck with that - we'll just agree to disagree at this point.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical brain could not develop independently of the body. They developed together. The wiring and construction developed from a set of plans and some base material to facilitate construction and expansion. The brain requires feedback to be aware of the body. The body is a relatively closed system of energy transfers. One of the reason you have skin. You change a portion and you change the whole. Insertion of material programmed by another set of blueprints alters the whole thing.
There was an article a day or two on the net saying some researchers expect to do a head transplant in the near future.
The body is a machine, the physical brain included. Built solely on principles of action and reaction. There can be no "higher thought", projections, and abstract thinking we can do exclusively from that. You have a consciousness peaking through the haze of that physical construction.
Until you can provide support to show the heart is part of the "thinking process", I will consider all of these posts you make as non-answers to your claim.

Why do you keep avoiding to post a straight and direct answer?

A: Because you have none.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#639762 Jul 11, 2013
Proving the existence of God is the beginning of having faith in God, so it is one of the most important goals to establish in our lives. It answers whether we are alone or not as a human race and whether or not our existence has purpose.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#639763 Jul 11, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make a complete ass of yourself on an international forum by posting this definitively wrong statement over and over again. You're proving that religiously retarded rednecks like you are amongst the world's most blissfully ignorant godbots. The universe and life on earth had entirely natural origins whether or not you personally ever have the guts to accept reality and let go of your inane delusions.
You're just so nice all the time...how do you manage that?

:)

Westcliffe, CO

#639764 Jul 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
With an artificially produced environment, that mimics nature.
Then you just need light, and not necessarily "sunlight".

Plants and tree evolve, don't they? And adapt, such as moving those in indoor gardens to the outside?

Let there be light. Let there be plants, let there be a sun.

What was the argument about?

“I speak my mind”

#639765 Jul 11, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dialog shows that you do not understand simple scientific concepts like "fact" "theory" "hypothesis". Your rants are obviously plagiarized, for you do not have the knowledge yourself.
There is no "Theory of Abiogenesis".
Present one, the world awaits.
In the meantime it is doubtful that you comprehend the differences between "life" and "non-life"
My my...you must be PAs kinfolk! Good evening Karl!! Hope life is treating you just absolutely wonderful!!

I never said there was a theory of abiogenesis by the way...so no need for me to present one...the world can wait right on.

Ashford, UK

#639766 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, I thought you were whining about having to pay so much.
First thing you thought was blackmarketing that, eh?
Interesting.
I will be honest and say such thoughts have never even entered my mind, especially high value items. I will admit to considering pilfering minor things for personal use, but that was in my youth.
Of course I could simply 'pilfer' a controlled item used in vehicle electronic countermeasures, because I absolutely did not have my name on the job-card for the work, nor did I sign for a restricted item requiring officer over-signature and I absolutely did not give the old one back for refurb in exchange...No-one knew I had this at all.

I was totally intent on stashing it in my bunk for the rest of the tour and flogging it to freddy the fence when I went on R and R.

You got me bang to rights dave...it's a fair cop guv'nor...

Westcliffe, CO

#639767 Jul 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Several years ago I had some legal/financial issues with a bank and it looked like Mr. Garcia was to be stomped and chewed upon by said Bank. This lawyer not only helped me out, he aggressively went after them and by the time every thing was said and done. I actually had beat the bank and ended up with money from them (settlement) when it comes to money, these guys know where to find it. Of course they got their cut from it. He was ruthless.
There is some folklore that women lawyers are the ones to sic on someone. They are ruthless, tenacious, and totally without compassion.

Ashford, UK

#639768 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some folklore that women lawyers are the ones to sic on someone. They are ruthless, tenacious, and totally without compassion.
In this country a solicitor acting for a person accused of a sexual offence will always try to instruct a female advocate.

What is the difference between a female barrister and a Siamese cat?

One is an arrogant, slippery, sly and self serving creature who will only acknowledge you if you can help it or do something for it in some way...the other is a fluffy pet.

Ashford, UK

#639769 Jul 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to popular belief, good representation will save or even make you money.

“I speak my mind”

#639770 Jul 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"...I mean you got your evolution theory going on...turn that theory into scientific law...focus on something else, cause abiogenesis ain't gonna fly."
I think you will find that most scientists accept that the 'theory of evolution' is actually the 'fact of evolution.' I mean It's been attacked for 150 years by thousands of people and still stands as the only viable explanation of what happens to life on earth.
You have no idea if abiogenesis will work or not. We have no idea either, but the scientists will continue to work on it. Just by working on it our knowledge of life grows in ways that will probably turn out beneficial to humans.
Remember though that so far every thing science has investigated has turned out to have natural causes....no magik involved...Ever.
I agree..by working on it...whether it is proven or not, scientists will likely gain much knowledge on how life grows and it will probably be beneficial. As for magic...no, I suspect they'll never find evidence that anything occurred as the result of magic.

:)

Location hidden

#639771 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you just need light, and not necessarily "sunlight".
Plants and tree evolve, don't they? And adapt, such as moving those in indoor gardens to the outside?
Let there be light. Let there be plants, let there be a sun.
What was the argument about?
They need nutrients, oxygen/c02, water, and sunlight.

They also need a substrate that will suit their specific needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min ImPeach 26,010
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Here For Now 619,748
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 685,729
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 59 min Doctor REALITY 26
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,448
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 52
sex crime time to tell 4 hr Coco4u 1
More from around the web