Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#639463 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's been proven false, experiment showed organic matter not only survives impact but forms into building blocks.
Some fused into combanations we had never even seen before.
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
I guess you didn't notice the words "could have"?
Their experiment did not prove my comment wrong, only that they are still guessing themselves how life started here. That experiment did not accurately depict the amount of heat and energy that existed during the Heavy Bombardment epoch.

Location hidden

#639464 Jul 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
We were discussing licensing of a contractor.
Honesty matters.
You called him a handyman too.

Location hidden

#639465 Jul 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>...
Honesty matters.
Apparently, not, or you wouldn't lie so often.

Location hidden

#639466 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb cluck
I know it’s not you fault that you don’t understand basic science but that’s just tough
May I suggest that you take a course in 101 science before some idiot sticks there foot in your mouth again
http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...
Read and learn
Stars create photons...

http://www.universetoday.com/25334/why-do-sta...

...you dyslexic tardwad.

Location hidden

#639467 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? You think if you don't believe that the story of Noah is true you'll burn in hell?!
Dude.
" I mean kids are dying in the US because it's the choice of the parent to withold medical treatment in favour of prayer"
Do you have any real examples of that?
Examples of kids dying from faith healing? You've never seen anything like that on the news?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#639468 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No Hiding...I fully recognize that science can only deal with materialist explanations. Which is my point exactly. Yes, organic molecules are everywhere...have been since the beginning of time...(whenever you might think that would have been).,,and we don't have one single piece of evidence to prove that any of those molecules have come together to form life. Not on their own or even with the aid of scientists...hasn't happened. Why in the name of all things holy would you argue that? Argue evolution, Argue theories that have at least a tinge of rational evidence to support them...but your wasting your time on this??? THere is NO proof whatsoever to substantiate abiogenesis. That meteorites have building blocks for life and scientists were able to create a ribonucleotide in a lab is not evidence...they aren't theories or even credible hypotheses...it's just research. It's not that big of a deal really...I mean you got your evolution theory going on...turn that theory into scientific law...focus on something else, cause abiogenesis ain't gonna fly.
Your dialog shows that you do not understand simple scientific concepts like "fact" "theory" "hypothesis". Your rants are obviously plagiarized, for you do not have the knowledge yourself.

There is no "Theory of Abiogenesis".

Present one, the world awaits.

In the meantime it is doubtful that you comprehend the differences between "life" and "non-life"

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#639469 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No Hiding...I fully recognize that science can only deal with materialist explanations. Which is my point exactly. Yes, organic molecules are everywhere...have been since the beginning of time...(whenever you might think that would have been).,,and we don't have one single piece of evidence to prove that any of those molecules have come together to form life. Not on their own or even with the aid of scientists...hasn't happened. Why in the name of all things holy would you argue that? Argue evolution, Argue theories that have at least a tinge of rational evidence to support them...but your wasting your time on this??? THere is NO proof whatsoever to substantiate abiogenesis. That meteorites have building blocks for life and scientists were able to create a ribonucleotide in a lab is not evidence...they aren't theories or even credible hypotheses...it's just research. It's not that big of a deal really...I mean you got your evolution theory going on...turn that theory into scientific law...focus on something else, cause abiogenesis ain't gonna fly.
You write:
"...I mean you got your evolution theory going on...turn that theory into scientific law...focus on something else, cause abiogenesis ain't gonna fly."

I think you will find that most scientists accept that the 'theory of evolution' is actually the 'fact of evolution.' I mean It's been attacked for 150 years by thousands of people and still stands as the only viable explanation of what happens to life on earth.

You have no idea if abiogenesis will work or not. We have no idea either, but the scientists will continue to work on it. Just by working on it our knowledge of life grows in ways that will probably turn out beneficial to humans.

Remember though that so far every thing science has investigated has turned out to have natural causes....no magik involved...Ever.

Location hidden

#639470 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you are the one claiming that you can see light contrary to all the scientific evidence.
And your are the one claiming that light existed before dark contrary to all the scientific evidence.
And you are the one claiming that the universe is ordered contrary to all the scientific papers to prove you wrong.
All that happens is you ignore the science and continue with the same old hateful christian circular BS.
And of course you are the one that keeps sloping off to lick her wounds when the facts get to heavy for your childish mind and then returning with replenished bile only to slope off again next time the facts get to heavy for your childish mind.
I see light coming from the stars and I see that you never stop lying about the content of past posts, your own and other peoples'.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#639471 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicinal. It's been years since the recreational stuff. That was in my college days. Waking up face down on some dirt hill in Tijuana after a night of drinking,partying and ummm.... Meeting uhh
Girls...
Sorry to hear that Al.

You can have all my prayers.

I folded them all up when I was 4 and put them in my Barney pillow case and buried them under the dog house.

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/images/Cerbe...

Feel free to dig them up.

“There's a feeling I get...”

...when I look to the West

#639472 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really?
RR heard that you're also Hiding & HL.
That's a foursome every day!
Awesome Foursome and sometimes swinging is allowed.

Lol. I am a schizophrenic and so am I

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#639473 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...I think the ribonucleotide struck my interest most. Far from evidence, since it was produced in a lab and required the researchers to manipulate the components...but I get that. Still have a long way to go though. gotta get to RNA...then DNA...yes...a long way to go. But interesting.
Yeah, it's interesting, I agree.

Even if "life from non life" is created in a lab, as long as certain conditions are provided it can be an example that abiogenesis is possible, and that's all that's required to do that.

They will have produced life from "non life".

If... that happens, then there will be much data collected from that first success, and then the experiments will continue based upon that data, and other scenarios.

So, while the first example may not be convincing to all, if they can show abiogenesis is possible numerous times, and in numerous ways, then the data will be conclusive.

Abiogenesis is certainly possible. We may never know exactly how it happened on earth and how we wound up >here<, but we will certainly know it can happen.

I'm pretty sure if they can do that, however, the method by which it did occur here will be much closer to being known at some time in the future.

Location hidden

#639474 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Riverside Redneck has replaced yellowdog as the most mentally retarded spammer in the forum these days posting the same definitively wrong statements over and over and over again. It's as if he's her husband.
Always one in the crowd eh,lol

#639475 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants can grow without sunlight.
"By feeding plants with a synthetic compound called 15Ea-phycocyanobilin, they were able to make the plants behave as if they had been exposed to light. Essentially, the 15Ea-phycocyanobilin displaces the naturally occurring photoreactive phytochromobilin in the photoreceptors. It’s a little like wiring a car’s throttle wide open."
http://www.geek.com/news/researchers-trick-pl...
Humans can do it, why couldn't God?
Are you seriously asking me what another source of light is other than the sun?!
1) So, you have god building a greenhouse and feeding the plants by now. I must say, that other Muslim dude's story is alot cooler than this one. Wormholes and flying donkeys??! Now that is cutting edge

2) No, I am asking you what lightsource will fit the description in Genesis 1. Big, bright and powerful enough to cause what we call 'night' and 'day'. Oh, I bet it is also not in the Bible, bit without the sun, we would die of cold. Instantly. So did he put some force field up, and inserted a new heat source (a plasma generator??) and just poofed it out of existence when he made the sun?

Nevermind, though. I am really not up for a discussion where you enter a sun-like object where say, Jupiter is, and God poofed it out of existence, just because you cannot understand what the evidence for the creation of the sun before the earth is.

Location hidden

#639476 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Nano's just upset that I'm writing here, so she's attacking me. She gets like that whenever another girl starts writing.
xD

We both know that you are no girl.

#639477 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
In the account of Jesus being resurrected, how many

1) women
2) angels

were present at his tomb?

#639478 Jul 10, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>If you mean what you say then you are more "sheep" than those who believe Earnest Angley can cure blindness. Whatever. Continue on in ignorance.
And you keep avoiding the question of how we can determine 'whether energy came into existence or whether it always has been in existence' just from the fact that it exists. And you always will. So blow it out your @$$, take care now......
We don't know. Maybe before the big bang, the non-existent universe was filled up with cottage cheese. Or Vodka. Maybe weed.

Point is, tongue-in-cheek, we do not know. We can go bafk 14 billion years and that is it. Any answer to your question is purely speculative, unverifiable and unfalsifiable

#639479 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems Dawkins only focuses on one god, God.
Actually, it seems that most atheists do.
Because of Creationism, mainly. Nobody is trying to undermine Evolution because of a literal belief in Greek Mythology. However, creationists pass bills to teach their filfth in schools.

Google 'creationism trials' and you would get more than ten results.

Location hidden

#639480 Jul 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>xD
We both know that you are no girl.
We all know that she is Kitten Kodder and River Tam.

Duh.

Now...What are you?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Evolution is true.....

#639481 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
In the account of Jesus being resurrected, how many
1) women
2) angels
were present at his tomb?
Oh...Oh.....pick me.:-)

Depends on which________you read....right?

#639482 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain's wife was his sister.
I know what you're going to say, but you're mistaken. According to the bible they were pure humans, so incest was not an issue.
Of course. Just like the spooky light source, the greenhouse, the force field and the plasma generator that kept humans warm. Why should we apply science to the Genesis account? I mean, God can poof things into and out of existence and leave no evidence, right?

Silly us

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rajkot gay Topix 37 min chirag parmar 197
sex (May '13) 37 min vapi btm 180
Interracial Dating 55 min white stud 3
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 1 hr vipul 482
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mia Copa 599,783
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr Dennis 42
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mia 6,487
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 9 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web