Mrs RR says "Where the f_ck's all the beer?!?"

RR says "There's whiskey in the cabinet..."

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639607 Jul 11, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It all depends on perspective.
Few years back, the company I worked for, supplied jacks to all GM cars. As you know, GM owns many other brands and acts as an umbrella company to these.(Saab [used to, at least], Opel/Vauxhall, etc). Now somewhere in Germany, a guy driving an Opel tried to jack up his car and the car slid off. Naturally, he sued GM for supplying a non-conforming part.
It was up to me to compile an engineering report, as well as conduct testing on production jacks to recreate the failed component. All kinds of smart tests were done on a variety of rigs. The tests done showed that the operator (the guy who sued) was negligent and tried to jack up on an incline. That lifts al blame off our shoulders. However, now a report had to be compiled.
GM had a pretty clued up guy as their attorney. He had 2 engineering degrees, an MBA and LLB. The guy was a complete jackass, and cost me many evenings of overtime. I had to compile, edit, re-edit, re-re-edit, re-re-re-re-re-re edit. 7 times in total.
But the guy was good. He crossed his t's and dotted his i's, just to make sure that when in court, he had his client's (and indirectly our) asses covered.
Yeah, it may take some BS. But when the chips are down, that can be a good thing
BTW, I will relate an experience that was a lot cheaper to resolve than yours. Primarily due to the depth of pockets, though.

One of my housemates of the past was a lawyer. One day a young black woman, a single mother of two children showed up with a nastygram from an insurance company threatening to sue her. She lived in an apartment and a fire had started and damaged her place and a couple of others. The fire department had intimated it was caused by a nightlite plugged in that the bed pushed up against the wall contacted. The woman related that she had a problem with that outlet working for some time, reported it, and the management would never fix it. It worked intermittently.

Being quite the handyman in addition to other technical skills and experiences gathered in life, I analyzed the situation. Didn't make sense a nightlite bulb could do that all by itself, igniting sheets on a bed.

So I had the young woman get me a duplicate of the light she used. I plugged it in, soaked a tissue in lighter fluid, wrapped it around the bulb, and let it burn for a couple of days, recharging with lighter fluid a couple of times, wiggling it, and other things to provoke malfunction. Never caught fire.

So I wrote a little report on this experiment, and added the potential fire hazard cause by sparking of a cracked power receptacle, which is a real potential. I have seen them do it. The children's playing on the bed could have caused it to spark and catch the sheets on fire directly or by igniting the plastic of the nightlite. This was sent back to the insurance company with a few additional comments and they just disappeared. Was a big insurance company that engaged really nasty-assed lawyers.

Of course I didn't include the possibility of the bulb breaking from the playing and catching the sheets on fire to save an argument. Highly unlikely it would have, anyhow.:-)

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#639608 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just amazing that way.
if amazing were to equate to unemployed...

Westcliffe, CO

#639609 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's never showed his credentials OR admitted that the passed the bar.
So I should conclude that Catcher's no lawyer, he's just a paralegal.
All he has ever done is allege.

Paralegals have skills. Lawyers will get fired from a firm faster than a good paralegal or legal secretary. Lawyers will kill each other to prevent poaching of good ones they have.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#639610 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes you an essential component of the specie's continued survival into the far distant future.
Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, does it not?
Exactly. Where would we be if we did not know that Ali went 7 rounds against Norton with a broken jaw??

#639611 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
From the corporate perspective.
The fact is though that the dummy hired a lawyer to sue, resulting in your evening of overtime, which I assume you got paid for, and are now bitching about. A purely artificial addition to supply and demand to make parasites richer.
Intelligence requires a certain amount of understanding of what you use to do things. The jack was not a foodstuff contaminated, it was a tool. The guy was a dummy. He should have called a handyman instead of a lawyer.
Intelligence would starve a bunch of lawyers.
Not arguing.

But, these things do happen. It may have been utter stupidity on the bloke's part, but he still believed he had grounds to sue on.

#639612 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unable to dispute any of it, huh?
I already told you what parts are in dispute. You clai. Your god made stuff like fish before mammals. I agree that that fits our model (but not literally) But your god made a snake that talked? Naw. Your god made the plants before the sun? Naw.. As explained

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#639613 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty common skeptic misconception. It's really just a side issue. The point they were making is that Jesus rose from the dead.
How many angels did they see in the tomb, one or two? Perhaps one person only saw one angel, while the other person saw two angels. Yes/no?
How many women did Jesus appear to? Each scripture has a slightly different sequence to the appearances, none of them claims to be giving the precise chronological order.
Here are all the accounts.
Jesus is buried, as several women watch (Matthew 27:57-61; Mark 15:42-47; Luke 23:50-56; John 19:38-42).
The tomb is sealed and a guard is set (Matthew 27:62-66).
At least 3 women, including Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome, prepare spices to go to the tomb (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1).
An angel descends from heaven, rolls the stone away, and sits on it. There is an earthquake, and the guards faint (Matthew 28:2-4).
The women arrive at the tomb and find it empty. Mary Magdalene leaves the other women there and runs to tell the disciples (John 20:1-2).
The women still at the tomb see two angels who tell them that Jesus is risen and who instruct them to tell the disciples to go to Galilee (Matthew 28:5-7; Mark 16:2-8; Luke 24:1-8).
The women leave to bring the news to the disciples (Matthew 28:8).
The guards, having roused themselves, report the empty tomb to the authorities, who bribe the guards to say the body was stolen (Matthew 28:11-15).
Mary the mother of James and the other women, on their way to find the disciples, see Jesus (Matthew 28:9-10).
The women relate what they have seen and heard to the disciples (Luke 24:9-11).
Peter and John run to the tomb, see that it is empty, and find the grave clothes (Luke 24:12; John 20:2-10).
Mary Magdalene returns to the tomb. She sees the angels, and then she sees Jesus (John 20:11-18).
Later the same day, Jesus appears to Peter (Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5).
Still on the same day, Jesus appears to Cleopas and another disciple on their way to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-32).
That evening, the two disciples report the event to the Eleven in Jerusalem (Luke 24:32-35).
Jesus appears to ten disciples—Thomas is missing (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-25).
Jesus appears to all eleven disciples—Thomas included (John 20:26-31).
Jesus appears to seven disciples by the Sea of Galilee (John 21:1-25).
Jesus appears to about 500 disciples in Galilee (1 Corinthians 15:6).
Jesus appears to His half-brother James (1 Corinthians 15:7).
Jesus commissions His disciples (Matthew 28:16-20).
Jesus teaches His disciples the Scriptures and promises to send the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:44-49; Acts 1:4-5).
Jesus ascends into heaven (Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:6-12).
should have just given the link...http://www.gotquestions .org/resurrection-accounts.htm l

"How many angels did they see in the tomb, one or two?(Perhaps one person only saw one angel, while the other person saw two angels.) To how many women did Jesus appear, and to whom did He appear first?(While each Gospel has a slightly different sequence to the appearances, none of them claims to be giving the precise chronological order.) So, while the resurrection accounts may seem to be inconsistent, it cannot be proven that the accounts are contradictory."

....nor can it be proven that they are as truthful as they are inconsistent , given that they were written between 30 and 70 years after the 'fact'(and I use the term loosely).

Westcliffe, CO

#639614 Jul 11, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not arguing.
But, these things do happen. It may have been utter stupidity on the bloke's part, but he still believed he had grounds to sue on.
He only believed because a lawyer was available to encourage the pursuit of money for him being stupid. Twice.

I wonder if the lawyer took it on a contingency basis.

Westcliffe, CO

#639615 Jul 11, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Where would we be if we did not know that Ali went 7 rounds against Norton with a broken jaw??
Oh, totally mired in ignorance and unenlightenment for sure. An impediment to our road to Utopia.

Westcliffe, CO

#639616 Jul 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
should have just given the link...http://www.gotquestions .org/resurrection-accounts.htm l
"How many angels did they see in the tomb, one or two?(Perhaps one person only saw one angel, while the other person saw two angels.) To how many women did Jesus appear, and to whom did He appear first?(While each Gospel has a slightly different sequence to the appearances, none of them claims to be giving the precise chronological order.) So, while the resurrection accounts may seem to be inconsistent, it cannot be proven that the accounts are contradictory."
....nor can it be proven that they are as truthful as they are inconsistent , given that they were written between 30 and 70 years after the 'fact'(and I use the term loosely).
Isn't there a statute of limitations or something where this issue is not subject to legal review?

Does ex post facto enter into this? Jurisdictional authority?

When it comes to measuring things, are all men's inches the same? Is an inch today the same as it was measured 500 years ago? What is the offical standard of a cubit?

Where is your notice of appearance, Counselor?
bONGO

Bronx, NY

#639617 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's never showed his credentials OR admitted that the passed the bar.
So I should conclude that Catcher's no lawyer, he's just a paralegal.
No need to burn his house down. Hes a witty traveling, covertly aggressive hedonist with a law license, alas an aloof lost soul.

#639618 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty common skeptic misconception. It's really just a side issue. The point they were making is that Jesus rose from the dead.
How many angels did they see in the tomb, one or two? Perhaps one person only saw one angel, while the other person saw two angels. Yes/no?
How many women did Jesus appear to? Each scripture has a slightly different sequence to the appearances, none of them claims to be giving the precise chronological order.
Here are all the accounts.
Jesus is buried, as several women watch (Matthew 27:57-61; Mark 15:42-47; Luke 23:50-56; John 19:38-42).
The tomb is sealed and a guard is set (Matthew 27:62-66).
At least 3 women, including Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome, prepare spices to go to the tomb (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1).
An angel descends from heaven, rolls the stone away, and sits on it. There is an earthquake, and the guards faint (Matthew 28:2-4).
The women arrive at the tomb and find it empty. Mary Magdalene leaves the other women there and runs to tell the disciples (John 20:1-2).
The women still at the tomb see two angels who tell them that Jesus is risen and who instruct them to tell the disciples to go to Galilee (Matthew 28:5-7; Mark 16:2-8; Luke 24:1-8).
The women leave to bring the news to the disciples (Matthew 28:8).
The guards, having roused themselves, report the empty tomb to the authorities, who bribe the guards to say the body was stolen (Matthew 28:11-15).
Mary the mother of James and the other women, on their way to find the disciples, see Jesus (Matthew 28:9-10).
The women relate what they have seen and heard to the disciples (Luke 24:9-11).
Peter and John run to the tomb, see that it is empty, and find the grave clothes (Luke 24:12; John 20:2-10).
Mary Magdalene returns to the tomb. She sees the angels, and then she sees Jesus (John 20:11-18).
Later the same day, Jesus appears to Peter (Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5).
Still on the same day, Jesus appears to Cleopas and another disciple on their way to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-32).
That evening, the two disciples report the event to the Eleven in Jerusalem (Luke 24:32-35).
Jesus appears to ten disciples—Thomas is missing (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-25).
Jesus appears to all eleven disciples—Thomas included (John 20:26-31).
Jesus appears to seven disciples by the Sea of Galilee (John 21:1-25).
Jesus appears to about 500 disciples in Galilee (1 Corinthians 15:6).
Jesus appears to His half-brother James (1 Corinthians 15:7).
Jesus commissions His disciples (Matthew 28:16-20).
Jesus teaches His disciples the Scriptures and promises to send the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:44-49; Acts 1:4-5).
Jesus ascends into heaven (Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:6-12).
Okay.

Trick question: When were these accounts written?
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639619 Jul 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
...why am I even typing this to a fanatic.
Good question! I suggest we maintain a Shun List for godbots who are here solely to proselytize and can't be reached by any rational adult.

Riverside Redneck
Freebird USA
Truth Sign In
True Truth
Wuz Up
Dave Nelson
Pokay

Responding to these stark raving mad insane lunatics isn't helping them to gather the courage to seek professional help for their mental illnesses.

#639620 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I will relate an experience that was a lot cheaper to resolve than yours. Primarily due to the depth of pockets, though.
One of my housemates of the past was a lawyer. One day a young black woman, a single mother of two children showed up with a nastygram from an insurance company threatening to sue her. She lived in an apartment and a fire had started and damaged her place and a couple of others. The fire department had intimated it was caused by a nightlite plugged in that the bed pushed up against the wall contacted. The woman related that she had a problem with that outlet working for some time, reported it, and the management would never fix it. It worked intermittently.
Being quite the handyman in addition to other technical skills and experiences gathered in life, I analyzed the situation. Didn't make sense a nightlite bulb could do that all by itself, igniting sheets on a bed.
So I had the young woman get me a duplicate of the light she used. I plugged it in, soaked a tissue in lighter fluid, wrapped it around the bulb, and let it burn for a couple of days, recharging with lighter fluid a couple of times, wiggling it, and other things to provoke malfunction. Never caught fire.
So I wrote a little report on this experiment, and added the potential fire hazard cause by sparking of a cracked power receptacle, which is a real potential. I have seen them do it. The children's playing on the bed could have caused it to spark and catch the sheets on fire directly or by igniting the plastic of the nightlite. This was sent back to the insurance company with a few additional comments and they just disappeared. Was a big insurance company that engaged really nasty-assed lawyers.
Of course I didn't include the possibility of the bulb breaking from the playing and catching the sheets on fire to save an argument. Highly unlikely it would have, anyhow.:-)
They suggested a night light started a fire? Jeezum crow.

#639621 Jul 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't there a statute of limitations or something where this issue is not subject to legal review?
Does ex post facto enter into this? Jurisdictional authority?
When it comes to measuring things, are all men's inches the same? Is an inch today the same as it was measured 500 years ago? What is the offical standard of a cubit?
Where is your notice of appearance, Counselor?
Nice dodge

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#639622 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't. A handyman is an expert in no trades. I am an expert in serval trades. I'm a contractor, not a handyman.
No, you are not.

A contractor, in California, must be licensed.

The "trades" you mentioned, if indeed you can do them, make you a handyman.

Hi, handyman!

Maybe an expert in serval trades doesn't require a license. I'm not familiar with serval trades.

Westcliffe, CO

#639623 Jul 11, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
They suggested a night light started a fire? Jeezum crow.
For really.

And it was a very threatening letter.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#639625 Jul 11, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It is utter garbage,propagated by liars. It is not just ignorance. Ignorance can be cured with knowledge. It is blatant dishonesty.
In my view, Intelligent Design is far more dishonest than Creationism. At least the creationists admit their views are religious.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#639626 Jul 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
if amazing were to equate to unemployed...
I'm not unemployed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Joe Fortuna 101,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Sky Writer 31 184,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 670,587
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr Poppy _36 6
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 6 hr lightbeamrider 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Jehova Witness 445,674
More from around the web