Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#639421 Jul 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
Now, Jesus is the figure who usheres in the age following Aries - the Age of Pisces or the two fish. Fish symbolism is very abundant in the New Testament. Jesus feeds 5000 people with bread and two fish. When he begins his ministry walking along Galilee he befriends two fishermen who follow him. And I think we've all seen the "Jesus fish" on the back of people's cars. Little do they know what it actually means. It is a pagan astrological symbolism for the Sun's kingdom during the age of Pisces. Also, Jesus's assumed birthday is essentially the start of this age. At Luke 22:10 when Jesus is asked by his disciples where the next Passover will be after he is gone, Jesus replies:
“Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you bearing a pitcher of water… Follow him into the house where he entereth in.”
This scripture is by far one of the most revealing of all the astrological references. The man bearing the pitcher of water is Aquarius - the Water Bearer, who is always pictured as a man pouring out of the pitcher of water. He represents the age after Pisces. And when the Sun (God's Son) leaves the age of Pisces (Jesus) it will go into the house of Aquarius, as Aquarius follows Pisces in the precession of the equinoxes. All Jesus is saying is that after the age of Pisces will come the Age of Aquarius.
Now, we've all heard about the end times, and the end of the world. The cartoonish depictions in the Book of Revelation aside, the main source of this idea comes from Matthew 28:20 where Jesus says:
"I will be with you even to the end of the world."
However, in the King's James version "world" is a mistranslation, among many mistranslations. The actual word being used is "aeon" which means age.
"I will be with you even to the end of the age."
Which is true, as Jesus's solar Piscean personification will end when the Sun enters the Age of Aquarius. The entire concept of end times and the end of the world is a misinterpreted astrological allegory. Let's tell that to the approximately 100 million people in America who believe the end of the world is coming.
Further more, the character of Jesus, being a literary and astrological hybrid is most explicitly a plagiarisation of the Egyptian Sun-God Horus. For example, inscribed about 3500 years ago on the walls at the Temple of Luxor in Egypt are images of the Annunciation, the Immaculate Conception, the birth and the adoration of Horus. The images begin with thought announcing to the virgin Isis that she will conceive Horus, then Neith, the Holy Ghost, impregnating the virgin and then the virgin birth, and the adoration. This is exactly the story of Jesus's miracle conception. In fact, the literary similarities between the Egyptian religion and the Christian religion are staggering.
And the plagiarism is continuous. The story of Noah and Noah's Ark is taken directly from the tradition. The concept of the Great Flood is ubiquitous throughout the ancient world with over 200 sided claims in different periods of time. However, one need look no further for a pre-Christian source than the Epic of Gilgamesh, written in 2600 BC. These story talks of a great flood commanded by God, an ark with saved animals upon it and even the release and return of the dove, all held in common with the biblical story among many other similarities.
From Zeitgeist the movie.
You just cut and paste huh?
Do you have an original thought or just parrot someone else's comments without crediting them?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#639422 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant. Would go well with some crack and a street corner.
Did you write that yourself or buy it?
The same kind of men making money off of God, dictating your morality, and running your life will make money without God, dictating your morality, and running your life.
You will live longer and/or better ranting against those using God longer than those that are God, as far as you would be concerned. They would be less forgiving of your transgressions. Unless they think you could be re-educated.
God made the place, but men run it.
I see, sounds like you have already started puffing on the pipe.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#639423 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like George Carlin. I take that cause you quoted him but didn't credit him.

Location hidden

#639424 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like George Carlin. I take that cause you quoted him but didn't credit him.
Glad you took the time to notice, most don't. thought I throw a little mix into the pot, seeing how not much of the conversation here has gone anywhere in what the last 3-4 yrs,lol.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#639426 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant. Would go well with some crack and a street corner.
Did you write that yourself or buy it?
The same kind of men making money off of God, dictating your morality, and running your life will make money without God, dictating your morality, and running your life.
You will live longer and/or better ranting against those using God longer than those that are God, as far as you would be concerned. They would be less forgiving of your transgressions. Unless they think you could be re-educated.
God made the place, but men run it.
George Carlin wrote that

#639427 Jul 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you took the time to notice, most don't. thought I throw a little mix into the pot, seeing how not much of the conversation here has gone anywhere in what the last 3-4 yrs,lol.
Great! Don't mind me. I'm just relaxing after taking a boatload of pain meds. Feeling a bit goofy :)

#639428 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BNxlolsZURcXX
thank you River!
I needed that!:)

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#639429 Jul 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mean that our entire justice system is based on emotion - I mean that our punishments are more or less based on retribution and therefore emotion. That's why most people have no problem, and even advocate for, treating our prisoners badly to "teach them a lesson."
Ok.. we all live in american society, that doesn't mean that you even have the slightest clue what it's like to be born in a crackhouse in west baltimore. There are groups of people who, while technically american, have life experiences so radically different from "the rest of us" that they might as well be aliens. The fact that we are both technically from the same overall society does not give us the right to judge them.
Withhold your compassion from your fellow human beings all you want, but it's attitudes like yours that lead to such high recidivism rates. No harm can come from trying to improve the lives of our prisoners while they are incarcerated.
I don't lack compassion...I just have my priorities in a different order than you. I don't see the government rushing to the aid of the family living in a car after a man lost his job when his company bellied up because another employee embezzled millions of dollars from them. Yet, that embezzler, he gets placed in a minimum security prison with tv, Internet, a gym to work out in, 3 hot meals, free healthcare...etc...etc...and the family of four ends up eating outta garbage cans from behind McDonalds. Sooner or later...that dad is stealing to feed his kids. It's a backwards and messed up system that caters to the convict and let's it he people who want to contribute to society go hungry.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639430 Jul 10, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
Cool, singing icebergs. Talking rocks, and now singing icebergs.
A singing iceberg is more likely than an especially retarded godbot like you becoming a de-converted godbot.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#639431 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! Don't mind me. I'm just relaxing after taking a boatload of pain meds. Feeling a bit goofy :)
Medicinal or recreational?

Not that it matters to me that much.

They work for both causes.

Some are cheaper than others.

Just sayin

#639432 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Al is not a coward.
But don't believe me - find him and just try saying that face to face.
Thank you Hiding, I love you too!
Though you give me too much credit. I still have bruises from our last encounter. I didn't know you could move like that and so quickly.

I'll be better prepared next time. You can count on it ;)

Long Beach, CA

#639433 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the cause of the pain, Al?

Hope it's not the hot IE weather.

And how about the Terry Smith story!
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639434 Jul 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
And the plagiarism is continuous.
Brainwashed Christian godbots vehemently refuse to accept the irrefutable historical fact that Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality and the biblical Jesus is nothing more than an amalgamated.

These death-denying cowards would have to learn to live without their delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky listening to their incessant whining and an afterlife paradise for willfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted azzholes who wasted their entire worthless lives as menaces to society.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639436 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Thank you Hiding, I love you too!
Apparently, she likes death-denying cowards. We know who'll be wearing the pants!

#639437 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicinal or recreational?
Not that it matters to me that much.
They work for both causes.
Some are cheaper than others.
Just sayin
Medicinal. It's been years since the recreational stuff. That was in my college days. Waking up face down on some dirt hill in Tijuana after a night of drinking,partying and ummm.... Meeting uhh
Girls...

Location hidden

#639438 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed Christian godbots vehemently refuse to accept the irrefutable historical fact that Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality and the biblical Jesus is nothing more than an amalgamated.
These death-denying cowards would have to learn to live without their delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky listening to their incessant whining and an afterlife paradise for willfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted azzholes who wasted their entire worthless lives as menaces to society.
lol, hey does yellowdog , still come here!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639439 Jul 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
George Carlin wrote that
Thank you. I didn't keep up with him.

Figured it was pre-packaged.

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#639440 Jul 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok.. My initial assertion was that treatment is cheaper than incarceration, and your figures state that 2% of your "drug costs" total went to treatment, prevention, and research. The rest went towards health care and the absurdly high cost of law enforcement (which I would be willing to bet takes up the vast majority of the cost).
So no, "drug related costs" are not drug related costs - the breakdown you just posted proves my point. Most of the money goes towards enforcement (which would be unnecessary if we regulated it), and health complications (which would be mitigated somewhat with better education, treatment, and research).
Almost none went towards treatment, prevention, and research, which would go a long way towards reducing the overall toll that drugs take on society.
Advocating that we "adhere to the law" is the same as advocating for the drug war. There is no reason to adhere to unjust laws, especially those that seek to enforce morality and punish transgressions with ridiculously disproportionate punishments.
LOL...you have no idea what you're talking about....for Pete's sake...you don't see it fitting to include law enforcement and healthcare cost directly related to drug abuse...as drug related costs? Are you off your meds? When your state Medicaid program goes broke paying thousands of dollars in hospital bills for drug abusers who repeatedly end up in the ER overdosed, or to manage the many complications that occur from alcohol induced cirrhosis, IV drug related hepatitis...whatever...and your state continues to drop the amount they will pay for care of the elderly lady living next door as the result of the inexcusable overuse of funds they've spent on the druggie...you might get it. As for treatment, that's all fine and dandy if you can relocate and have a support system in place for these people, because sending them back to the same environment, only causes them to fall off the wagon...and then you're right back at square one. There's a great deal you apparently don't understand about drug abuse and the related costs.

#639441 Jul 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the cause of the pain, Al?
Hope it's not the hot IE weather.
And how about the Terry Smith story!
I hurt my back after a little "strenuous" activity.
That's ok though 'cause it was worth it.
The weather here in the IE is hot! I love though.

I missed the Terry Smith story. What's up with that?

#639442 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, she likes death-denying cowards. We know who'll be wearing the pants!
Sheeeet! I'm sorry..... Did I hurt your feelings?
I love you too (pats Pomona on the head)
That better ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 670,531
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Farting Hillary 101,153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 286,470
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 25 min modell299 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
More from around the web