Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#639366 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That poor, poor foot!
RR, do you need a hug?
Yes I do.

They're mean mean mean mean mean mean mean bullies.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#639367 Jul 10, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with keeping murderers and drug suppliers alive in prison? What's wrong with improving prisoners lives? What's wrong is that it costs money, money that society doesn't have.
Perhaps if one lives in a rich and well governed country where healthcare is wonderful and of good quality to cater for the citizen population, perhaps if every single public school is well staffed and well facilitated to give all children an equal quality education, perhaps if tertiary institutions in the country are able to cater for a large segment of school leaving students, and if we have money left over, then we can look at prison conditions and keeping psychopaths alive for whatever reason.
But until then, giving these criminals second, third, and fourth chances at making an honest life, while there are some children and youth who didn't even get a decent first chance at making it in life, is very uncivilized in my opinion.
These ideals all sound very good in theory, but in practice you can't simply ignore the cost.
I'm with you in that supporting prisoners should be done with only three things, a place to sleep (not necessarily a bed for comfort), three meals a day (that is pushing it), and clothes to wear (not necessarily clean).

We SHOULD NOT ALLOW - outside walks around the yard, TVs or other forms of entertainment.

Prison is for the "bad guys". If these guys don't like the New Age prison, maybe they should have thought about NOT doing the bad things they had done, so they can keep those "benefits".

I guess I don't understand why we strive to keep these people alive, when they harm others.

I'm also totally against medical procedures applied to these folks. Let 'em die.

Of course my above statements are somewhat extreme, but my point was to show how extreme the system is, when allowing prisoners to have cable and other amnemities, that many homeless good people don't.

It just doesn't add up, except through the taxes I pay.

*sighs*

http://www.ehow.com/info_8047642_privileges-d...

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639368 Jul 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Dave. I'm not an Atheist.
"Change a circuit and it becomes a different system."
- I've yet to hear of a "brain transplant" that worked. Maybe you have.
- Again, the brain controls all functions in the human body, whether you think this is true or not, then so be it, you have that right.
But your diversion to my point that the "heart has nothing to do with the thinking process" only shows you let your emotions overpower your reason.
Good luck with that - we'll just agree to disagree at this point.
The physical brain could not develop independently of the body. They developed together. The wiring and construction developed from a set of plans and some base material to facilitate construction and expansion. The brain requires feedback to be aware of the body. The body is a relatively closed system of energy transfers. One of the reason you have skin. You change a portion and you change the whole. Insertion of material programmed by another set of blueprints alters the whole thing.

There was an article a day or two on the net saying some researchers expect to do a head transplant in the near future.

The body is a machine, the physical brain included. Built solely on principles of action and reaction. There can be no "higher thought", projections, and abstract thinking we can do exclusively from that. You have a consciousness peaking through the haze of that physical construction.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639369 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not being directed to make a damn fool of yourself on a daily basis in an international forum with your inane personal delusions. You do so deliberately and willingly. You're not part of something larger. You're just Delusional Dave Nelson and you belong in a mental institution, kid.
I love poking you with sticks. It's fun.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#639370 Jul 10, 2013
Ihavefoundyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh you being in the U.K should know that. The leftists have literally destroyed the U.K, especially Britain.
22% of children in the US live below the poverty line...

every bit of new money in US economy in the past 12 months went to 1% of the population.

you have the greatest disparity between rich and poor of any country in the west.

you don't like the UK...stay where you are, we can stay the worlds 4th largest economy with a population one tenth the size of the US without your help.

thanks for the input though, do enjoy your evening.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#639371 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is beer poofing allowed?
In some places.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#639372 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Only went to Puerto rico so far this year consuming all the various aquatic species and lots of Bing cherries. I declined a chance to have some iquana.
What??? You should have tried it! Iguana curry! Yum :)

Some stable somewhere

#639373 Jul 10, 2013
Ihavefoundyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there! I ummm.. Have you ever read the bokk called 'Sims' by F.Paul Wilson? I am sure you would like it.
You should get that diaphanous and phenomenology checked out by a MD doctor. It could be dangerous.
Be careful with that gun now! You might shoot soimething you need!!
Thanks, I'll try not to.

Some stable somewhere

#639374 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Whatever you said.
I believe in a what some will call a spiritual mind creating the material, and the material getting in the way of full expression, which is something done by design.
It is hilarious how the kneejerk anti "supernatural" on here call me a godbot and etc because they aren't able to think on a higher level. I'm a technician. I've had my base consciousness separated from the physical. I have experience in applied sciences and circuitry. I do not suffer from the hypnotism induced upon the weak minded by sophistric and esoteric sciences using confusing words, which is just a substitute for religion with its own esoterica and confusing words.
I understand how energy flows and work gets done. And I also know that energy I use and everyone else uses is just a branch of a larger supply.
I see us as integrated circuits channeling energy for the purpose of whatever threw the switch, which we are a part of and connected to because we are created of its world, dimension, or whatever you want to call it.
Ain't got no god I can identify, I just know I am part of something larger and under at least some direction and control of it.
There ain't no magic in that. The magic is reserved for the atheists that believes they are independent operators, not understanding it is impossible.
Jesus and others were also discrete circuits produced for a reason.
Ok.

Some stable somewhere

#639375 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious indoctrination requires both ignorance and cowardice. The religiously brainwashed child is more ignorant than cowardly and the religiously brainwashed adult is more cowardly than ignorant.
Al has acknowledged being a brainwashed godbot via Christian indoctrination and all Christians are death-denying cowards. You should never encourage an addict to ignore the reality of their addiction.
How is it cowardly to grow up a Christian?

Some stable somewhere

#639376 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do.
They're mean mean mean mean mean mean mean bullies.
/hug
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#639377 Jul 10, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#639379 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can.
Demonstrate that Adam and Eve, Noah's flood, The Tower of Babel, Exodus, and Joshua bringing down the walls of Jericho are metaphorical stories.
Go.
Well, let’s see. I've already demonstrated that the Adam and Eve story as written in the Bible is just mythological.

Regarding Noah's flood (c.2350+- BC) ask ANY geologist you can find near you, or go on the interwebs and find scientific sites (not religious apologetic sites) and suck up all they tell you about a world-wide flood. Unlike religious apologetic sites, scientific sites will be telling you the truth and can back it up with factual evidence. You might go to talkorigins.org and find and read their 'flood pages'

The Tower of Babel (c.2200-2000 BC) is easy. Find any book that tells of our prehistoric ancestors, go to any website that talks of the same, talk to ANY archaeologist, anthropologist, paleontologists, etc. and they will tell you that by roughly 30,000 years ago most of Asia, Europe, Africa, and Australia were populated. Do you think they weren't using a language? Knowing how language acquisition and evolution works I can tell you they were using different ones.

And then there are the North and South American continents. We know for a fact that they were first populated at least 15,000 years ago and there is some evidence of earlier landing of humans in South America. Again, their language was different then the old country.

So to recap; by 15,000 years ago every continent on earth (Except Antarctica), was populated with humans, and we know they weren't speaking the same language.

Exodus. Hundreds of Archaeologists for a hundred years have been looking in the Sinai for ANY evidence of a couple million Hebrews wandering there for 40 years. They have found NOTHING at all to indicate this event happened. There is plenty of evidence for smaller groups passing through both before and after the alleged time of the event. Not one scrap found of Moses’ group.

Other archaeologists and researchers have scored Egypt for evidence of the Hebrews residing there for several hundreds of years, mostly as slaves. There is nothing. The Pyramids were built hundreds of years before the alleged time of the Hebrews

There is NO supporting scientific evidence for this Biblical myth at all.

As with all I say here, go to your local scientists. They can be found in all Colleges and universities and many government agencies and most all of them are willing to answer your questions honestly. Email addresses of the professors can be found on most college or universities websites.

Joshua: Dame Kathleen Kenyon was a leading archaeologist of Neolithic culture in the Fertile Crescent. Former Principal of St Hugh's College, Oxford and best known for her excavations of Jericho and Bangalow in 1952-1958, she has been called the most influential female archaeologist of the 20th century. She proved that the walls of Jericho were already down and the town was mostly unoccupied at the Biblical times of Joshua and his army. The same scenario has been found at Ai and the other sites mentioned as Joshua’s conquests in the Bible

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#639380 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, hey, they kept it all in the family.
Personally, I can not fathom how anyone would take this disgusting story as literal.
Hey, was Adam black or white? Would love to know the Christian idea of where black folks, Asian folks, Indian folks etc came from? I am talking of skin colour, as well as facial features? Differences in skull shape, stuff like that. Why does Japanese, Koreans and Chinese have slanty eyes? Why does Indian/Pakistani folks have that light ebony colour with black hair? Why do African people have broader noses? Or creasing hair? And whites.. Why so many different hair colours? From blonde, to brunette, even redhead? Why dowe get to have all these hair colours and the others do not?
Disgusting story? What...do you suppose that a community of unrelated hominids just evolved at one time and no incest occurred? Regardless of our belief differences, I think it's fairly safe to say, there was some major incest going on.

As for Adams color...I wouldn't have a clue and it really wouldn't matter to me. Race doesn't define a person, character does. I can only assume, because the bible isn't very forthcoming on the topic of genetic traits...that with the division of the people of the earth at the Tower of Babel, the gene pool became quite limited. The bible tells us that God divided the world's population by confounding their languages. This, understandably, caused a great division of the people, causing the groups to go their own separate ways and effectively cut off certain genetic possibilities for each group. I assume, through the generations, certain traits became dominant through the marriage of second and third cousins or more closely or distantly-related people. This would have had the same effect as modern animal breeding where selection of mates removes certain traits from the available gene pool while highlighting other traits. Through the years,certain traits such as skin pigmentation, hair type and soft tissue characteristics became unique to various basic groups of people, these people settled into their respective areas of the earth and fathered more tribes and nations.

Seems logical...but again, It's only an assumption.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#639381 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>As a child I did. Now as an adult I consider it more allegory or story telling to explain the beginnings of life and human history.
I'm not a fundie. But I still have strong faith however.
Thank you.

You had me worried.:)

Evolution is true.....

#639382 Jul 10, 2013
Ihavefoundyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you agree, my lovely sweet heart!
Now let us have a look at the real Eve...
http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology...
Do you like basketball? Lets play!...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UXHwIrEpeSQXX
Homo-sapiens (humans) remains were first found in Africa and have been dated to about 200,000 years ago....not 4 million years, those were really old ancestor, and didn't yet have all the attributes of humans.

A DNA connection to earlier Hominids such as Homo-neanderthalensis , Homo-heidelbergensis, Homo-erectus, Homo habilis, etc. has been made
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639383 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
How is it cowardly to grow up a Christian?
Religious indoctrination requires both ignorance and cowardice, which is why it's essential for barbaric religious cults to prey on young children and psychologically disturbed adults.

Ignorance is believing their complete and utter bullshit. Cowardice is refusing to accept the historical, scientific and medical evidence that thoroughly discredits their bullshit.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#639384 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You had me worried.:)
First guy: My wife is an angel.

Second guy: You're lucky; mine is still alive.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#639385 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
/hug
No hug for Dave? After all he is the smartest guy in the room.

Evolution is true.....

#639386 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting story? What...do you suppose that a community of unrelated hominids just evolved at one time and no incest occurred? Regardless of our belief differences, I think it's fairly safe to say, there was some major incest going on.
As for Adams color...I wouldn't have a clue and it really wouldn't matter to me. Race doesn't define a person, character does. I can only assume, because the bible isn't very forthcoming on the topic of genetic traits...that with the division of the people of the earth at the Tower of Babel, the gene pool became quite limited. The bible tells us that God divided the world's population by confounding their languages. This, understandably, caused a great division of the people, causing the groups to go their own separate ways and effectively cut off certain genetic possibilities for each group. I assume, through the generations, certain traits became dominant through the marriage of second and third cousins or more closely or distantly-related people. This would have had the same effect as modern animal breeding where selection of mates removes certain traits from the available gene pool while highlighting other traits. Through the years,certain traits such as skin pigmentation, hair type and soft tissue characteristics became unique to various basic groups of people, these people settled into their respective areas of the earth and fathered more tribes and nations.
Seems logical...but again, It's only an assumption.
The Tower Of Babel was supposedly around 2200-2000 BC (from religious sources).

The whole inhabitable world was populated by 15,000+- years ago.

They were not speaking the same language, and they did not come from Babylonia.

The Tower of Babel is falsifiable myth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 21 min democrat punisher 2,700
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Clearwater 119,219
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 679,240
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr curtjester1 46,215
These wicked bastards must be exterminated!! 3 hr The Great Alphonso 3
____ 666 ____ here ____ now ____ (*News) 4 hr shockVIDEO 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 445,842
More from around the web