Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#639384 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You had me worried.:)
First guy: My wife is an angel.

Second guy: You're lucky; mine is still alive.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#639385 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
/hug
No hug for Dave? After all he is the smartest guy in the room.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#639386 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting story? What...do you suppose that a community of unrelated hominids just evolved at one time and no incest occurred? Regardless of our belief differences, I think it's fairly safe to say, there was some major incest going on.
As for Adams color...I wouldn't have a clue and it really wouldn't matter to me. Race doesn't define a person, character does. I can only assume, because the bible isn't very forthcoming on the topic of genetic traits...that with the division of the people of the earth at the Tower of Babel, the gene pool became quite limited. The bible tells us that God divided the world's population by confounding their languages. This, understandably, caused a great division of the people, causing the groups to go their own separate ways and effectively cut off certain genetic possibilities for each group. I assume, through the generations, certain traits became dominant through the marriage of second and third cousins or more closely or distantly-related people. This would have had the same effect as modern animal breeding where selection of mates removes certain traits from the available gene pool while highlighting other traits. Through the years,certain traits such as skin pigmentation, hair type and soft tissue characteristics became unique to various basic groups of people, these people settled into their respective areas of the earth and fathered more tribes and nations.
Seems logical...but again, It's only an assumption.
The Tower Of Babel was supposedly around 2200-2000 BC (from religious sources).

The whole inhabitable world was populated by 15,000+- years ago.

They were not speaking the same language, and they did not come from Babylonia.

The Tower of Babel is falsifiable myth.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#639387 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The chicken or the egg is the basic thingy of these arguments about an intelligent design or magic poofing into existence.
The basic observable fact is eggs come from chickens that produced eggs. All life starts from a seed or egg.
Interesting how you have physical seeds and mental seeds. Seeds of an idea can even produce physical thingies, at least a radical modification of existing physical stuff.
Topix atheist seeds and eggs never bear fruit or life. There is something lacking in the construction.
Fruit loop, have you really been looking for a topix atheist seed?
Or a topix egg , are you tar-ded?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#639388 Jul 10, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>If you mean what you say then you are more "sheep" than those who believe Earnest Angley can cure blindness. Whatever. Continue on in ignorance.
And you keep avoiding the question of how we can determine 'whether energy came into existence or whether it always has been in existence' just from the fact that it exists. And you always will. So blow it out your @$$, take care now......
Energy came into existence in this universe 13.7+- 1.0 billion years ago.
That is unmistakeable.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#639389 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd Cain get his wife? Weren't there people in Nod?
That's the messed up part of the buy bull, people don't understand.
It's a racist thing. god created the Jews starting with Adam.
The Goyim existed , but they didn't count them. They didn't even consider them.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#639390 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you don't believe in the literal truth of that.
Please...
The old testament is the history of Jews, some f-ed up ones.
The whole book is about JEWS, it's their book.
But they don't even believe it....so why should anybody else?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#639391 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can.
Demonstrate that Adam and Eve, Noah's flood, The Tower of Babel, Exodus, and Joshua bringing down the walls of Jericho are metaphorical stories.
Go.
Jewish fairy tales, you love them.
Are you stupid enough to think they are true?

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#639393 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, in one paragraph you claim to know how scientific theories work and then declare that you don't care how they work, only your non-science based opinion matters.
How do you come to your opinion? Are you capable of evaluating chemistry and microbiology? Can you provide critiques of the sciences other than "I don't believe it!" or are you just telling me, with vehement force, that you are religious and cannot accept information outside of your religion?
Yeah, I know how how a lot of things work...doesn't mean they are of great significance to me...so long as they work. And at no time did I claim that ONLY my opinion matters.
how did I come to my opinion...let's see...let me give you an example...

http://www.sciencecodex.com/meteorites_are_ri...

I read this article and believe me, most like it, regarding the issue, contain the same basic words and/or phrases that almost always give rise to my skepticism immediately...."Scientist s believe",, "there is a gap in knowledge about how life came into being."...I mean it's the same ole song and dance...having blocks without something or someone to assemble them...seems pretty impossible. No wait...according to current evidence, it is impossible...because we find the basic building blocks for life in an assortment of things that never produce life...Like the soil...air.

Then there's this article...http://beforeitsnews .com/space/2013/06/martian-met eorite-contains-key-building-b lock-of-early-life-2461266.htm l

“In early life RNA is thought to have been the informational precursor to DNA.” THOUGHT being the key word here.

There was no previous evidence of borate enriched clays on the early Earth’s surface, but finding them on Mars implies that they could have been present"...COULD HAVE BEEN...key phrase. FINDING THEM ON MARS...another key phrase. Really...we're the offspring of clay from Mars...No...just...no.

Am I capable of evaluating chemistry and microbiology? Yes.. I am capable...by all means not an expert...and probably would struggle...but I'm very capable.

Don't get me wrong...I commend their efforts, but I'm still skeptical. Scientific critiques aren't necessary. I have a mind of my own and there is absolutely nothing wrong with forming an opinion. Additionally, at no time did I or would I use "vehement force" and state that I am religious and cannot accept information outside of my religion?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#639394 Jul 10, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you avoid the questions to you in my other post??
What makes you think Science is the only truth, the "only" alternative in how we come to be??
I didn't say it was an alternative, or that was the truth known.
I said the truth has no alternative , and science is our only way of finding out the truth.

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#639395 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The phylogeny of hominin tells us about the evolution of humans from earlier apes.
Quite clearly, we can keep pushing this back until we get to the beginnings of life - at this point, you've admitted that evolution works. None of our understandings of evolution invoke deities.
Why would you subsequently be unsatisfied with contemporary science's investigation into abiogenesis?
Because I don't believe we can scientifically prove life can arise from non-living matter.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639396 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Fruit loop, have you really been looking for a topix atheist seed?
Or a topix egg , are you tar-ded?
No. Because they would be plastic anyhow.

Westcliffe, CO

#639397 Jul 10, 2013
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/exc...

Oh, God, a new crop of Topix atheists is being manufactured.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#639398 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/n ews/science/exclusive-scientis ts-create-human-chromosome-in- breakthrough-that-could-revolu tionise-medicine-8701357.html
Oh, God, a new crop of Topix atheists is being manufactured.
Ha ha! We're going to create a bunch of genetically-engineered atheists, then send them to your house to mess up your hair and taunt you cats. That'll fix ya...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#639399 Jul 10, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
I hope not.
I read that Mengele...

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...

...procured semen specimens from Jewish men by ramming a wooden stick up their rectums which resulted in an erection and semen.

Men who rape other males know about this reflexive action. Most men cannot keep from having that reaction to prostate stimulus even though there is excruciating pain involved and doubt their sexuality after an assault, reasoning that there must have been a latent desire for gay sex or they wouldn't have had an orgasm. It's really sad since adult men will try and convince younger ones of exactly that so they can have a new plaything to toy with.

It's a sick world we live in. >:(

Westcliffe, CO

#639400 Jul 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha! We're going to create a bunch of genetically-engineered atheists, then send them to your house to mess up your hair and taunt you cats. That'll fix ya...
Will they mow my lawn?
Greens - tuf

Vaucluse, Australia

#639401 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed Christian fundies, such as this positively revolting load of shit, are inevitably blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted azzholes without any socially redeemable qualities. An iceberg sung the Titanic not the monstrous deity of Christian mythology.
" An iceberg sung the Titanic"

Cool, singing icebergs.
Talking rocks, and now singing icebergs.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#639402 Jul 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I read that Mengele...
...procured semen specimens from Jewish men by ramming a wooden stick up their rectums which resulted in an erection and semen.
Men who rape other males know about this reflexive action. Most men cannot keep from having that reaction to prostate stimulus even though there is excruciating pain involved and doubt their sexuality after an assault, reasoning that there must have been a latent desire for gay sex or they wouldn't have had an orgasm. It's really sad since adult men will try and convince younger ones of exactly that so they can have a new plaything to toy with.
Aww hell nano...... I didn't need to hear that.....
Just the thought of ........ Never mind.... Blech...!!

I had never heard that about Mengele... What a sick bastard!
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#639403 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Will they mow my lawn?
Absolutely. Throw them a box of wine and they may even clean your gutters.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#639404 Jul 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I read that Mengele...
Germans are even weirder than Jews . WOW! What a surprise :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min ImPeach 26,099
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 7 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 53
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,740
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 1 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 2 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web