Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#639301 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd Cain get his wife? Weren't there people in Nod?
They were relatives, descendants, family etc.
Cain built a city. I'm sure he had help. And that help was definitely from his family. Thus his wife (cousin? Sister? Niece?)
Kinda icky for us to think about making out with relatives, but like I told DF, that's how they rolled in those days.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#639302 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain's wife was his sister.
I know what you're going to say, but you're mistaken. According to the bible they were pure humans, so incest was not an issue.
Who cares, right, they're just mythologies that you can reinterpret to suit your contemporary needs at a whim.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#639303 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
They were relatives, descendants, family etc.
Cain built a city. I'm sure he had help. And that help was definitely from his family. Thus his wife (cousin? Sister? Niece?)
Kinda icky for us to think about making out with relatives, but like I told DF, that's how they rolled in those days.
Yeah. It's a ridiculous myth. Sorry, Al.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639304 Jul 10, 2013
Gary wrote:
So, How can one prove there is no God since He is Spirit?
It's impossible to prove the existence of mythical characters from fictional books. However, you've proven that you're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately, freak.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639305 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
@Myth: How was that??
Great job!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639306 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds more like you mean to write "your body affects your thinking."
Bravo!

You are almost starting to understand.

See if you understand this.

Your materialistic view is the body IS "THINKING". Period. No overarching process that can make corrections or direct. If there was one it would be in the DNA, right? Your natural body is just an extension of that DNA.

Of course your body affects your thinking, but the norm is injuries, illnesses, and others that are part of the normal patchwork. All of your body parts have a similar "consciousness".

Insert a foreign collection of "consciousness", living stuff, not just a bullet or such, into that neural network, and you should come up with a different consciousness, and thus personality. That living matter is not passive like a bullet. It has its own internal programming via its DNA.

Would you be a split personality with a transplant? What could prevent it?
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639307 Jul 10, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that living matter does not arise from non-living matter
It takes an ounce of common sense to understand that life on earth had an entirely natural origin. Unfortunately, the religiously retarded redneck, such as you, has less brain activity than Terri Schiavo before her death and lacks even an ounce of common sense.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639308 Jul 10, 2013
Brainwashed Bongo wrote:
so you forgot Jesus is Lord did ya?
So, you forgot to take your meds today, punk?
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639309 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Pascal's wager? Again?!
Are you surprised that death-denying cowardly Christian godbots resort to circular logic or no logic at all to rationalize their self-degrading cultist lifestyle?

#639310 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It's a ridiculous myth. Sorry, Al.
No need to be sorry Hiding......
You believe it's a myth while others believe its something completely opposite. I was just pointing out that Genesis doesn't tell us a complete account. It couldn't. The book would just be too damn big and I'm not sure you could handle it.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639311 Jul 10, 2013
Brainwashed Asshole Bongo wrote:
I say that the sinking of the titanic on its maiden voyage proves God. The arrogant fools claimed on the front page, God couldn't sink this ship.
Brainwashed Christian fundies, such as this positively revolting load of shit, are inevitably blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted azzholes without any socially redeemable qualities. An iceberg sung the Titanic not the monstrous deity of Christian mythology.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639312 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you surprised that death-denying cowardly Christian godbots resort to circular logic or no logic at all to rationalize their self-degrading cultist lifestyle?
Poor Pomona, he professes that life with the illusion of knowledge is better than having the real thing.

Requires less digging into the goody bag of one's self and disturbing things.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#639313 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
The book would just be too damn big and I'm not sure you could handle it.
Obviously, you still can't handle the irrefutable historical fact that Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality and the damn bible is a plagiarized work of fiction. Shame on you, cowardly Al Garcia!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#639314 Jul 10, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>It is not about caring about people. It is about stating facts. It sounds very cold and barbaric, but the fact is, we have no time for selfish and destructive people. In an overpopulated world where the rights of innocent citizens are not being met even in the so called free countries, the left wants to give everyone from the drug dealer to the murderer human rights?

Sometimes you need to step down from this sanitary podium of ideals and face reality and see how dirty it can be when extreme leftists want to act so clean and civilised, that they don't even want to take out the trash.

And I'll say it proudly, a man who murders other human beings, innocent human beings and destroys families, are worth less than dirt, let alone less than a chicken.

I'd choose a chicken any day over a these destructive elements of humanity.
Wow.

How about a man who would watch a child starve to death while sitting in the lap of luxury?

Or how about the man that would risk his very life to steal food for his child?

Which is more deserving or your disgust?
HolyDamnItsSam

Baltimore, MD

#639315 Jul 10, 2013
It's not something that can or needs to be proven. It's something you believe or you don't. It's really just that simple.

#639316 Jul 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you still can't handle the irrefutable historical fact that Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality and the damn bible is a plagiarized work of fiction. Shame on you, cowardly Al Garcia!
You're going there aren't you PA?
Don't do it Chachi. I'll make you cry.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#639317 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares, right, they're just mythologies that you can reinterpret to suit your contemporary needs at a whim.
You don't have to believe it, Hiding. That's ok.

You want to remain ignorant of the facts of the bible. That's ok, too.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#639318 Jul 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>What discrepancy? Lets just look at what the OT says about this.

Cain was the first child of Adam and Eve recorded in Scripture (Genesis 4:1). He and his brothers, Abel (Genesis 4:2) and Seth (Genesis 4:25), were part of the first generation of children ever born on this earth. Even though these three males are specifically mentioned, Adam and Eve had other children.
In Genesis 5:4 we read a statement that sums up the life of Adam and Eve:“After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.”
Adam is recorded to have lived 930 years. That's a lot of time to have offspring, after all they were commanded to be fruitful and to multiply.
If according to the Bible, sin entered humanity through Adam, then all humans have sin, therefore all humans are related.
If all people are related then it kind of figures based on the Bible that Cain married a relative, niece, sister, cousin etc.

Wether you care to accept it or not, the explanation is in the OT.
Please tell me you don't believe in the literal truth of that.

Please...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#639319 Jul 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No. The heart is not "rather key" in the thinking process.
Hi Tim - this is true.

The heart has no ability but to pump blood through the body. It has no play in any "thinking process" card game.

Those who think it does, do not understand how emotions are manufactured within the body.

Good post!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#639320 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know people actually did that.

Ole Chap showed some links.

Now I know.
Another successful day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Chess 104,525
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 2 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,571
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 5 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
More from around the web