Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#639091 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to what you apparently understand, the Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force from 34 nations that was led by the United States, against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait. Subsequent wars have also been authorized by the United Nations. Exactly what country are you from? I would certainly hope it isn't one that is part of the United Nations, because if so, you really should rethink that statement. Do you even understand what the wars are about? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the wars...and I'll be the first to agree, our government is about half retarded, but you can't lay the blame of the wars on the US alone.
We pretty much created saddam. We wanted a powerful pro us ally in the region to harass iran. Sometimes our foreign policy comes back to bite us.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#639092 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
Energy can be a catalyst (it sure is a good one), but to reproduce it in a lab is not very easy. First, meteor impacts, due to the velocity, hqs a high energy release on impact. How high? Very close to nuclear explosions, to be honest (depending on size. The Doomsday rock that wiped out the dinosaurs was Everest size and released more energy than a billion Hiroshima bombs)
That kind of energy alone is hard to reproduce, without killing anybody in the vicinity. Then, to actually experiment with it? Way harder. Way more expensive.
The amount of energy an impact like the one Hiding suggested would destroy life, not create it.

http://www.isgtw.org/feature/cern-lends-hand-...

The CERN operators have a better handle on the type of catalyst that might work. "Might" is the key word here.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#639093 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ashes is big news, even here. I think this is the year of the successful Brits (u20 rugby, Lions tour win, Murray wins Wimbledon etc).
I think they have you outgunned on form. On class, you guys have some great players, but they have not been firing.
Ah, Shane Warne. What a player. Best spin bowler I have ever seen, even better than Murali
Yep Murray winning Wimbledon was awesome for them. I've always liked him.

If Clarke and Warner can fire up than we are surely some hope.
Warner can change a game in one session.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#639094 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read the original research from the scientists...I never claimed to have.But I've read many research articles regarding the matter that have been published in scientific magazines, on the net, from the news...some are quite lengthy and in depth, while others are simple summaries. Most, if not all, are very supportive and optimistic. I am not. And to be honest, I haven't read a single creationist summary regarding the matter at all. I'm skeptical for many reasons...but not from a lack of understanding and not simply because I believe in God. My asking an opinion on a creationist view on an issue is simply not reason enough for you to jump on your pedestal of intelligence and assume I lack the ability to discern information of any sort.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that living matter does not arise from non-living matter...so I don't have to postulate a testable, disprovable hypothesis that science can use as an alternative to abiogenesis to make the claim that it's far fetched....because it is! Show me one piece of evidence to back up abiogenesis ...just one...and then you might have a reason to be so condescending. Until then, you're just showing your character....not your intelligence!
A few minutes search time.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/10/for...
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/rib...
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/mut...

Make from it what you will.

Since: May 11

UK

#639095 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said there's nothing wrong with dictatorship as long as he's the dictator.
His father said, "I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic".

...father and son were both born with silver boots in their mouths.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#639096 Jul 10, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
constantly expanding and creating an ever larger space which is hostile to life....
The fine tuning argument falls flat, thanks for your input, it was very helpful in reinforcing my point
So what you are saying is if there is no "space" than life cannot exist, but if there is "space" than life has a chance to spring forward out of nothing even though it's environment it has entered is hostile towards it.

Got it.

Location hidden

#639097 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://sciencefocus.com/qa/doe s-dna-transplanted-organ-chang e-recipient
I asked about DNA and organ transplants earlier. No one knew, evidently.
The above says they don't change. The transplant is always treated as a foreign body unless the DNA are a close match.
Again, for the material consciousness only people, how would a major transplant affect your consciousness? Feel free to respond.
And would my balls allow Aerobatty to pass on intelligence?
What are you asking exactly? Are you starting from the assumption that transplants do affect consciousness?

Location hidden

#639098 Jul 10, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
I hope not.
About which part?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#639099 Jul 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The amount of energy an impact like the one Hiding suggested would destroy life, not create it.
http://www.isgtw.org/feature/cern-lends-hand-...
The CERN operators have a better handle on the type of catalyst that might work. "Might" is the key word here.
Agreed, "might" or "may" are the words that should be used

Location hidden

#639100 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows nothing of the theism or God he denigrates. He has no theology degree or education.
He should stick to his area of expertise.
Dawkins discussing God is as ignorant as a carpenter trying to argue the correct procedure of heart surgery.
You need a theology degree to be able to decide that there's no reason to believe in god?

UK

#639101 Jul 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A straight man doesn't need to be aroused to achieve an erection, have sex and produce ejaculate. Mengele knew this and so do homosexual, male predators...especially male convicts. Many male victims of rape end up questioning their sexuality after having orgasmed during the assault.
Consensual sex is all about choice or will. You choose what to do with who.
BTW, the email comment was about proof of the gay gene evidence not about your personal sex life.
A spinal injury will produce an erection, an object in the rectum will stimulate the prostate to produce an erection and ejaculate.

I say again, I cannot choose what arouses me it is not an act of will and living in close confines with other men for the first 15 years of my working life I never once experienced arousal at the thought of being intimate with one of my comrades, not did I have to make a choice to prevent it from happening.

I think your fears are showing via your attempts to argue that a straight man can just treat 'any hole as a goal' as it were.

Come out, you'll feel much happier.LMAO

Location hidden

#639102 Jul 10, 2013
I'm gonna try to sleep now.

Location hidden

#639103 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I am both Tim and HL. We are the Borg.
Fine. I guess the jig is up. Pokay's paranoid delusions have been substantiated. We might as well tell him the truth - pokay, everyone here is the same person, because everyone here is you. Solipsism ftw.

UK

#639104 Jul 10, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
I hope not.
The conflicted homosexual in denial mouting a justification for their suppressed urges...

It's very freudian. LMFAO

UK

#639105 Jul 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You need a theology degree to be able to decide that there's no reason to believe in god?
...but no education is required to believe in a god.

Location hidden

#639106 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't argue this one. Still...at the end of the day, the blame should go where it belongs...which is on the terrorists. However, lobby controlled governments need a leg to stand on...and the terrorist definitely give them that. Do you suppose the Soviets were lobby controlled when they went in?
What did the terrorists have to do with iraq?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#639107 Jul 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
You need a theology degree to be able to decide that there's no reason to believe in god?
It's apparent some people get a theology degree or start to get a theology degree and at some point decide they are agnostic or atheist.

The way I see it.

I saved tons of money.

I never considered getting a theology degree. Just sayin.

Location hidden

#639108 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you say the same to gays?
"I don't share your [sexual desires] like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic."
Or like blacks?
"I don't share your [dark skin color] like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic."
Or Asians?
"I don't share your [squinty eyes] like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic."
Analogies were never your strong suite.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#639109 Jul 10, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Soviets were imperialists with the same kind of goals the U.S. government has today, to control the worlds energy. Invading and occupying Afghanistan was particularly costly for them as well.
There is evidence that they were lobby controlled. They claimed to be elitist like any good communist claims, but then there are these Russian tycoons who own half of Monaco. That is not what communism aught to have resulted in.
Communism is just nothing but state capitalism and brainwashing in the end.
A cabal of hidden aristocrats, or consortium of wizards behind the curtain?

Location hidden

#639110 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
AND!
If Dawkins is like you and thinks the Bible is a work of fiction, WHY THE F_CK DOES HE SPEND SO MUCH TIME DEBATING FICTION?!?
Do you really not recall having this question answered for you 10 billion times?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Killer 7,172
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Michael 591,414
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 14 min blades 354
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Chrome duqquetto 100,226
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 20 min Chrome duqquetto 4,820
www.accountnow.com activate - Account Now Activate (Jan '13) 46 min Jessica Elaine Ra... 2
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 1 hr Ricky F 24,099
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr stemaxgizmo 271,484
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Truths 612,282
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web