Prove there's a god.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#639233 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I say that the sinking of the titanic on its maiden voyage proves God. The arrogant fools claimed on the front page, God couldn't sink this ship.
Nope all that headline proves is there are arrogant fools

But you are welcome to your fantasies

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#639234 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
And yes... Double Fine is timn17, as well.
Oh, really?

RR heard that you're also Hiding & HL.

That's a foursome every day!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#639235 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
How many women and how many angels at the grave of Jesus?
What?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#639236 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait. What?? Plants do not need sunlight? Uhm.. Methinks you may just want to do a tiny bit of research here and then come back.
Oh goody. Another source of light?? What? Where? Can you prove it?
Plants can grow without sunlight.

"By feeding plants with a synthetic compound called 15Ea-phycocyanobilin, they were able to make the plants behave as if they had been exposed to light. Essentially, the 15Ea-phycocyanobilin displaces the naturally occurring photoreactive phytochromobilin in the photoreceptors. It’s a little like wiring a car’s throttle wide open."

http://www.geek.com/news/researchers-trick-pl...

Humans can do it, why couldn't God?

Are you seriously asking me what another source of light is other than the sun?!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#639237 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A) we keep forgetting that you are the authority on what "true" Christians believe.
B) http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3138001
Google "child dies prayer".
I don't feel like copying and pasting all the links.
I didn't know people actually did that.

Ole Chap showed some links.

Now I know.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#639238 Jul 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine that a god would give a shit if you worshipped it
Oh

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#639239 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, 8 out of 10, maybe?
RR's Papa taught RR:

2nd place is just the 1st loser.

“Be strong ...”

#639241 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants can grow without sunlight.
"By feeding plants with a synthetic compound called 15Ea-phycocyanobilin, they were able to make the plants behave as if they had been exposed to light. Essentially, the 15Ea-phycocyanobilin displaces the naturally occurring photoreactive phytochromobilin in the photoreceptors. It’s a little like wiring a car’s throttle wide open."
http://www.geek.com/news/researchers-trick-pl...
Humans can do it, why couldn't God?
Are you seriously asking me what another source of light is other than the sun?!
So are you saying that man made synthetic life is life for the purposes of showing that god did not do it?

After all, it is seen to be alive and it is seen to evolve

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#639242 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry dave, we did not realise we were p|ssing on your fire
Have you ever considered the concept of a PUBLIC thread?
If you don’t like the idea of a public thread then of course you are welcome to go elsewhere and talk to yourself
You aren't pissing on my fire, Chrissy darling. You are pissing on the stage. Why do you feel the need to do such things in public?

“Be strong ...”

#639243 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't pissing on my fire, Chrissy darling. You are pissing on the stage. Why do you feel the need to do such things in public?
Because it pIsses you off?

Westcliffe, CO

#639244 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it pIsses you off?
:-)

No smooch for you.

“Be strong ...”

#639245 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
No smooch for you.
Good, now go and play with the traffic you chauvinistic prig

Westcliffe, CO

#639246 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, now go and play with the traffic you chauvinistic prig
There isn't much around here.

Was just thinking of the amount of sugar a guy you were involved with would have to get from you to offset the bitter. Plus the pepper.

Quite a dish. Not everyone could handle it.
bongo

Bronx, NY

#639247 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope all that headline proves is there are arrogant fools
But you are welcome to your fantasies
Did I ever tell you the one about us?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#639248 Jul 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It sure as fuck DID have something to do with what you wrote.
You are an idiot if you think the "resulting energy" of an object hitting the earth was the catalyst of life here. If the cause of life was that simple it would have already been repeated in a laboratory somewhere.
You don't have what it takes to cause envy in me. Talk about malignant narcissistic woo; get your head out of my ass, you loon.
Wow, you're hard up. Poor envious nano. Listen, remember your basic physics? I'll try to keep this simple for you. When objects collide, energy is released. Organic molecules can be created in such events, in the early conditions on the planet. I never wrote that it was the cause of life, like you claim above - but you're ever misunderstanding people and attacking them, b/c of some personality disorder and mental issues you have.

Some stable somewhere

#639249 Jul 10, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
Energy can be a catalyst (it sure is a good one), but to reproduce it in a lab is not very easy. First, meteor impacts, due to the velocity, hqs a high energy release on impact. How high? Very close to nuclear explosions, to be honest (depending on size. The Doomsday rock that wiped out the dinosaurs was Everest size and released more energy than a billion Hiroshima bombs)
That kind of energy alone is hard to reproduce, without killing anybody in the vicinity. Then, to actually experiment with it? Way harder. Way more expensive.
Yeah. Nano's just upset that I'm writing here, so she's attacking me. She gets like that whenever another girl starts writing.

Some stable somewhere

#639250 Jul 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read the original in-depth research from the scientists...and I didn't claim to have. But I've read many research articles, published in scientific magazines, on the net, from the news...some are quite lengthy and in depth, while others are simple summaries. Most, if not all, are very supportive and optimistic. I am not. And to be honest, I haven't read a single creationist summary regarding the matter at all. I'm skeptical for many reasons...but not from a lack of understanding and not because I believe in God. And, my asking an opinion on a creationist view is simply not reason enough for you to jump on your pedestal of intelligence and assume I lack the ability to discern information of any sort.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that living matter does not arise from non-living matter...so I don't have to postulate a testable, disprovable hypothesis that science can use as an alternative to abiogenesis to make the claim that it's far fetched....because it is! Show me one piece of evidence to back up this idea..just one verifiable, substantiated piece of evidence and then you might have a reason to be so condescending. Until then, you're just showing your character....not your intelligence!
You can shout your personal incredulity forever if you like, that isn't going to change that science can only deal with materialist explanations.

For whatever reason, you fail to realize that.

What would constitute evidence for you? If you've read news articles on the papers then you know organic molecules are everywhere, created in all kinds of ways. No magic there.

Some stable somewhere

#639251 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's been proven false, experiment showed organic matter not only survives impact but forms into building blocks.
Some fused into combanations we had never even seen before.
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Nice, Aura.

Some stable somewhere

#639252 Jul 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh but it’s great to see him dangling
That's kind of all he does...

Some stable somewhere

#639253 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't necessarily believe that, but it's a very interesting hypothesis. I can't imagine that God would give a shit what you call Him, as long as you're worshipping Him...
In that case, your understanding of "God" would be but a minor aspect of the deity's nature - just like every other religion would have captured some part of it.

The problem with that is that some religion's ceremonies are pretty nasty (like Mayan and Aztec sacrifices). So then we have to go through the world's religions, editing out the ones we don't like. And that gets pretty arbitrary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Freedom of the Press 51,464
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min realtime 693,106
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min 2018 Exclusive 619,863
__TRUMP Creating Worst Harm to ISRAEL__ 45 min 2018 News 1
Missing Teen - Brittany Crenshaw (Aug '12) 5 hr Denise moody 24
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 8 hr Doctor REALITY 9
More from around the web