Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and you tell she has had some serious school in
evolutionary sociology like she said. You seem to doubt the expertise of people, but trust in books of ancient myth.
I suppose we should doubt your claimed ability, because they aren't even apparent in here. But her are plainly evident, and demonstrated by the composition of the explanatory posts she has made.
I think Tide said it best when he said.
"Hiding is a intellectual monster truck, the cute little pink one."
For all we see and have come to know, she ain't faking it or winging it cuz..
So we'll just take her word on it that se's a professional?

Is that how y'all operate?

She makes a better argument than you so you trust her completely.

Is that why y'all atheists love Mr Hitchens, cuz he was a good debater?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
siigh.....
There are no "sights", Christine.
If I told that joke to my kids, they'd laugh. They're able to laugh. You aren't.
Oh I can laugh at a joke, I just don’t laugh at threats of christian violence made my sick in the head rednecks.

So your kids would think it funny that you got them in your sites, well that explains a lot about the way you raise them

Oh look daddy is pointing his gun at us, that is so funny.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ZERO evidence that life on earth came from a meteor.
ZERO.
Still plausable to you, though.
huh...
...more plausible than one of the myriads of gods out there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm a master of most trades and a jack of some.
One trade I just can't freakin get is masonry. I've tried, over and over. I just can't get it right. I can tell you how it's done but can't apply the skills to the test.
You don’t seem to have got the hang of the word master.

You have no need to remind me never to employ anyone who claims to be a master of most trades.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ZERO evidence that life on earth came from a meteor.
ZERO.
Still plausable to you, though.
huh...
http://intellihub.com/2013/04/10/increasing-n...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16215-m...

http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/news/2013/...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/...

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/150417-ast...

The more we look the more we find, sorry if it ruins your day.
But there not only is evidence , there's lots of evidence, and more of it's coming everyday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All light is invisible
What you see is the interaction between light and the object
Interaction covers a lot of territory.

True, you can't see the light itself, only its effects. It is thought the energy imparted to an object then causes that object to emit its own light which is what we "see". However, we can't see transmitted light, so it is the effect of that light on the circuitry in our bodies that we "see". Excitation of neurons, etc. "Feel" is also part of it, as in feeling the warmth of sunlight.

So we really don't "see" anything, we just sense it based upon how the sensors are designed and the input is decoded within the brain, which is actually just another transfer of this "light" energy via the neurons.

Interesting interaction of EM and "heat".

So you have this EM traveling rather fast, and in great variation as its effects get passed around the universe, yet it is done so that your circuitry can experience and maintain it for several orbits about the sun.

Surprisingly ordered for so much seemingly random action. Ripples of energy feeling ripples of energy for quite a while.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://intellihub.com/2013/04/10/increasing-n...
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16215-m...
http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/news/2013/...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/...
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/150417-ast...
The more we look the more we find, sorry if it ruins your day.
But there not only is evidence , there's lots of evidence, and more of it's coming everyday.
"religion is an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance"~ Neil deGrasse Tyson.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So we'll just take her word on it that se's a professional?
Is that how y'all operate?
She makes a better argument than you so you trust her completely.
Is that why y'all atheists love Mr Hitchens, cuz he was a good debater?
Well for starters, you don't know shit about evolution, and what you have learned you reject every damn day.
We can tell she has studied it, and knows a great deal.
It has nothing to do with debate, it has to do with facts.
She isn't a great debater, but can supply a mountain of evolutionary facts.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes perfect sense.
But then why do atheists take the word of scientists & journalists & authors about God instead of a pastor holding a doctorate (a professional in the respective field)?
We would take his word as far as it goes about interpretation of texts, etc. But as for demonstrating the deity? As for contacting the deity? Not gonna fly

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If ANY scientific theory could disprove God, that is news.
You're good at missing the little things...
Science has created synthetic life, not news. Science has discovered the missing particle, not news. Science has provided a mathematics that will combine atomic and quantum calculations, not news. Which incidentally allows mathematicians and scientist to work at levels involving black holes, singularities and the big bang, not news. Which incidentally allows scientists to now state that although they don’t know precisely what happened (there are at least 27 valid and justifiable theories) one thing is certain, no god did it, not news.

Why is this not news? Because it is just everyday science, science is not there to disprove a god, that is just a coincidental result of the science.

However as far as deities are concerned the energy mass equivalence formula disproves any “omnipotent” god as claimed in revelation 19:6, nothing more, nothing less. It does not disprove Zeus or Thor or the flying spaghetti monster or Ra or any of the other close on 2500 deities who do not claim omnipotence.

You are missing the big picture…

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Christian researchers can't be trusted.
Atheist researchers can be trusted.
Got it.
Never said that. I meant the link you provided were of Christian researchers, scientists etc. One of them even went as far as calling Design (and I quote)'laughable'

Nothing wrong with Christian scientists. Nothing wrong with Hindu scientists. Nothing wrong with muslim scientists. Asl long as they keep professional, and their religion out of their work. As soon as they speak of "da flud", or tje talking snake, credibility goes out the window

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Their Lordships on The Strand rarely grant a retrial.
This is because there are only two possible verdicts. one of them being not guilty.
The Ministry of Justice prefers a verdict of the conviction being 'UNSAFE' which is a verdict of,'not innocent but not guilty' this bars compensation claims.
Barry george was convicted on 3 grains of gun shot residue in an army surplus combat jacket, on range days my house probably has thousands of grains of GSR in it when the wife gets home. I've sat down and spoken to his sister and his conviction was a typical case of police picking the 'low hanging fruit'. He has spent 8 years behind bars and now he is out he is still not entitled to a label of 'innocent' or 'wrongly convicted'...just 'not guilty enough'.
Yes this is a flaw in the legal system and I am sure that given time, energy and of course the money then such injustices can be brought to justice. It has happened before and no doubt it will happen again.

However could you in honesty condone Bamber, Vinter and Moore having their whole life sentences cut on the grounds that their sentence breaches their human rights?

Having been settled in the European court leaves it wide open for other whole life tariff killers to plead the same. Could you imagine if Brady had won his right to transfer from secure hospital, he too would be elegise for early realise

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an Almighty Creator need to take time to make His creation? Why did't He just *poof* it all at once?
It can be argued that Genesis lines up with evolution, even if just slightly.
I don't read Genesis as a literal account, I know that the "days" in Genesis don't equal 144 hours...
1) If you do take the words as metaphor, analogy, or anything other than what is written on the page, then you are outside the realms of anything related to science. Science does not comment on metaphors and analogies.

2) Second, in what way does it resemble evolution?

3) How long were those days? Because, how long before the sun was created were plants already in existence?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you could think of any at any moment.
Can you?

Don’t blame me for something you are clueless about

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great!
Prove it.
Hey you’ve done this before and fell flat on your face, welcome back around.

I have no need to prove anything, you are the one making the claim, you prove it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Hiding is a scholar.
For all I kow, she's a he that's a smart liar.
This IS Topix, my man...
I daresay I know Hiding better than anyone on this forum. However, the quality of her writung and the facts she is able to conjure up, simply cannot be gained by a few hours on google. She claims she is a Ph.D candidate and her writing is a testament to that

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that. I meant the link you provided were of Christian researchers, scientists etc. One of them even went as far as calling Design (and I quote)'laughable'
Nothing wrong with Christian scientists. Nothing wrong with Hindu scientists. Nothing wrong with muslim scientists. Asl long as they keep professional, and their religion out of their work. As soon as they speak of "da flud", or tje talking snake, credibility goes out the window
"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. Here I must stand."~ Dr Kurt Wise Ph.D.(Harvard), Director of the Truett-McConnell Creation Research Center.

I wouldn't buy a used car from that good christian scientist let alone take anything seriously which he had to say.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was in scientific publications, somebody would've posted here by now.
Yes, I watch those channels all the time, they put out some very interesting stuff.
The media also puts out a lot of different stuff. Your analogy to Kim is very true, but if there was some scientific evidence discovered that absolutely refuted the Bible, the media would be all over it.
Why? Pointing out historical inaccuracies in the Bible would make news? Nkt really. Science makes no claims about a deity. Science has not refuted your deity. Therefore, no big story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I like the Pre European history of the U.S.
I've seen some pretty cool stuff in the places I've lived at across the states. When I was stationed at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, I used to climb extensively, here: http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/hueco/story...
I've by no means seen all of the petroglyphs/rock art there(it's incredibly covered), but I've seen lots during the years climbing Hueco.
Monsoons hit there and a couple times I've been on the rock and one would roll in(about a two week window when it happens in that area), and the "tanks" would be bone dry. By the time the monsoon had passed they'd be over flowing and you could crawl out from under the best overhang or pocket you could find and it was cool to see that happen. Gave you chills.
Back then it was a seldom visited state park and you could go and not see another person all day long, the parking lot would have just your vehicle in it. There was a herd of Mustangs that lived in the area, and there were a few times in the day that they'd be galloping across the desert and the sun was just right and the world was perfect. There were a few times the tracks in the dust in the parking lot looked like it only had my vehicle visiting, say over a weekend.
This is one view of it http://attractions.uptake.com/blog/files/2009... and I can't tell you how many times in total, or the approaches I used climbing that those faces, and the rest of the rock. Sometimes just friction climbing(only about 5 places it's really doable).
Now it's like this: http://www.huecotanks.com/ (scroll down a bit to see the tents) From what I gather it's a hugely popular place these days.
I don't think I'd like it now.
I've seen some similar places in Arizona, New Mexico and such. Never made it to Colorado. Closest I got was Canyon De Chelly.
I looked at those links you supplied and I'm not being obstinate, but the Hebrew character assertion require a huge conceptual leap.
Just sayin.
I couldn't find much info concerning any further research
Was still interesting. I bookmarked the other page you provided.
I have reservations about the Hebrew, but see potential for the Philistines, the sea peoples.

But it is interesting they detect an alphabet and not just pictograms, and that alphabet being older than the pictograms.

You've been in the area, so you would know any initial exploration would pretty much require following rivers, either from where the mouth dumps into the sea, or from the headwaters after you located them. Likely the Colorado or Rio Grande into the Colorado mountains, and then out from there. The San Luis Valley in Colorado and New Mexico is one of the larger watersheds in the world. The Rio Grande leads right into it, which is the route the Spaniards took. The Colorado River from the Pacific and the Rio Grande from the Gulf of Mexico. Highways for seafaring people from the Pacific or Atlantic areas. No land bridge necessary.

Those rivers were essential for pre-horse civilizations. For living or migrating. Lots of unknown land by the Indians until the horse showed up. Just think of the artifacts buried in the mud and near the banks of those rivers. Takes no time for floods and the blowing dust to cover them up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••