...when I look to the West

#638546 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Christian researchers can't be trusted.
Atheist researchers can be trusted.
Got it.
Never said that. I meant the link you provided were of Christian researchers, scientists etc. One of them even went as far as calling Design (and I quote)'laughable'

Nothing wrong with Christian scientists. Nothing wrong with Hindu scientists. Nothing wrong with muslim scientists. Asl long as they keep professional, and their religion out of their work. As soon as they speak of "da flud", or tje talking snake, credibility goes out the window

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#638547 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Their Lordships on The Strand rarely grant a retrial.
This is because there are only two possible verdicts. one of them being not guilty.
The Ministry of Justice prefers a verdict of the conviction being 'UNSAFE' which is a verdict of,'not innocent but not guilty' this bars compensation claims.
Barry george was convicted on 3 grains of gun shot residue in an army surplus combat jacket, on range days my house probably has thousands of grains of GSR in it when the wife gets home. I've sat down and spoken to his sister and his conviction was a typical case of police picking the 'low hanging fruit'. He has spent 8 years behind bars and now he is out he is still not entitled to a label of 'innocent' or 'wrongly convicted'...just 'not guilty enough'.
Yes this is a flaw in the legal system and I am sure that given time, energy and of course the money then such injustices can be brought to justice. It has happened before and no doubt it will happen again.

However could you in honesty condone Bamber, Vinter and Moore having their whole life sentences cut on the grounds that their sentence breaches their human rights?

Having been settled in the European court leaves it wide open for other whole life tariff killers to plead the same. Could you imagine if Brady had won his right to transfer from secure hospital, he too would be elegise for early realise

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

#638548 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an Almighty Creator need to take time to make His creation? Why did't He just *poof* it all at once?
It can be argued that Genesis lines up with evolution, even if just slightly.
I don't read Genesis as a literal account, I know that the "days" in Genesis don't equal 144 hours...
1) If you do take the words as metaphor, analogy, or anything other than what is written on the page, then you are outside the realms of anything related to science. Science does not comment on metaphors and analogies.

2) Second, in what way does it resemble evolution?

3) How long were those days? Because, how long before the sun was created were plants already in existence?

#638549 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you could think of any at any moment.
Can you?

Donít blame me for something you are clueless about

#638550 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great!
Prove it.
Hey youíve done this before and fell flat on your face, welcome back around.

I have no need to prove anything, you are the one making the claim, you prove it

#638551 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Hiding is a scholar.
For all I kow, she's a he that's a smart liar.
This IS Topix, my man...
I daresay I know Hiding better than anyone on this forum. However, the quality of her writung and the facts she is able to conjure up, simply cannot be gained by a few hours on google. She claims she is a Ph.D candidate and her writing is a testament to that

Since: May 11

UK

#638552 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that. I meant the link you provided were of Christian researchers, scientists etc. One of them even went as far as calling Design (and I quote)'laughable'
Nothing wrong with Christian scientists. Nothing wrong with Hindu scientists. Nothing wrong with muslim scientists. Asl long as they keep professional, and their religion out of their work. As soon as they speak of "da flud", or tje talking snake, credibility goes out the window
"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. Here I must stand."~ Dr Kurt Wise Ph.D.(Harvard), Director of the Truett-McConnell Creation Research Center.

I wouldn't buy a used car from that good christian scientist let alone take anything seriously which he had to say.

#638553 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was in scientific publications, somebody would've posted here by now.
Yes, I watch those channels all the time, they put out some very interesting stuff.
The media also puts out a lot of different stuff. Your analogy to Kim is very true, but if there was some scientific evidence discovered that absolutely refuted the Bible, the media would be all over it.
Why? Pointing out historical inaccuracies in the Bible would make news? Nkt really. Science makes no claims about a deity. Science has not refuted your deity. Therefore, no big story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#638554 Jul 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I like the Pre European history of the U.S.
I've seen some pretty cool stuff in the places I've lived at across the states. When I was stationed at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, I used to climb extensively, here: http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/hueco/story...
I've by no means seen all of the petroglyphs/rock art there(it's incredibly covered), but I've seen lots during the years climbing Hueco.
Monsoons hit there and a couple times I've been on the rock and one would roll in(about a two week window when it happens in that area), and the "tanks" would be bone dry. By the time the monsoon had passed they'd be over flowing and you could crawl out from under the best overhang or pocket you could find and it was cool to see that happen. Gave you chills.
Back then it was a seldom visited state park and you could go and not see another person all day long, the parking lot would have just your vehicle in it. There was a herd of Mustangs that lived in the area, and there were a few times in the day that they'd be galloping across the desert and the sun was just right and the world was perfect. There were a few times the tracks in the dust in the parking lot looked like it only had my vehicle visiting, say over a weekend.
This is one view of it http://attractions.uptake.com/blog/files/2009... and I can't tell you how many times in total, or the approaches I used climbing that those faces, and the rest of the rock. Sometimes just friction climbing(only about 5 places it's really doable).
Now it's like this: http://www.huecotanks.com/ (scroll down a bit to see the tents) From what I gather it's a hugely popular place these days.
I don't think I'd like it now.
I've seen some similar places in Arizona, New Mexico and such. Never made it to Colorado. Closest I got was Canyon De Chelly.
I looked at those links you supplied and I'm not being obstinate, but the Hebrew character assertion require a huge conceptual leap.
Just sayin.
I couldn't find much info concerning any further research
Was still interesting. I bookmarked the other page you provided.
I have reservations about the Hebrew, but see potential for the Philistines, the sea peoples.

But it is interesting they detect an alphabet and not just pictograms, and that alphabet being older than the pictograms.

You've been in the area, so you would know any initial exploration would pretty much require following rivers, either from where the mouth dumps into the sea, or from the headwaters after you located them. Likely the Colorado or Rio Grande into the Colorado mountains, and then out from there. The San Luis Valley in Colorado and New Mexico is one of the larger watersheds in the world. The Rio Grande leads right into it, which is the route the Spaniards took. The Colorado River from the Pacific and the Rio Grande from the Gulf of Mexico. Highways for seafaring people from the Pacific or Atlantic areas. No land bridge necessary.

Those rivers were essential for pre-horse civilizations. For living or migrating. Lots of unknown land by the Indians until the horse showed up. Just think of the artifacts buried in the mud and near the banks of those rivers. Takes no time for floods and the blowing dust to cover them up.

Since: May 11

UK

#638555 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this is a flaw in the legal system and I am sure that given time, energy and of course the money then such injustices can be brought to justice. It has happened before and no doubt it will happen again.
However could you in honesty condone Bamber, Vinter and Moore having their whole life sentences cut on the grounds that their sentence breaches their human rights?
Having been settled in the European court leaves it wide open for other whole life tariff killers to plead the same. Could you imagine if Brady had won his right to transfer from secure hospital, he too would be elegise for early realise
Dosn't apply to those who have been deemed to be criminally insane. Brady is a psychopathic sadist, he will stay in Broadmoor until he dies the methods of determining his sentence are not within the remit of the Judiciary it is purely a medical asessment.

The likes of Bamber, Vinter and Moore are not insane, they have been deemed fit to stand trial. Now either our justice system is about rehabilitation and societal retraining or it is an instrument of revenge and retribution. It can't be both so the Ministry of Justice needs to come out and say what it is.

Are they saying that men of normal mind can never be rehabilitated? Are we saying once a (convicted)criminal always a criminal? Because if we are then there are something like one tenth of the population who are and ever shall be criminals.

One cannot serve in the metropolitan police if there is a conviction for dishonesty anywhere in your past...however it is somewhat more flexible where convictions for violence are concerned...one can never be rehabilitated for a crime against property but one can be rehabilitated for a crime against the person?

There's a journal article in here somewhere, maybe I'll start writing LOL.

#638556 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Interaction covers a lot of territory.
True, you can't see the light itself, only its effects. It is thought the energy imparted to an object then causes that object to emit its own light which is what we "see". However, we can't see transmitted light, so it is the effect of that light on the circuitry in our bodies that we "see". Excitation of neurons, etc. "Feel" is also part of it, as in feeling the warmth of sunlight.
So we really don't "see" anything, we just sense it based upon how the sensors are designed and the input is decoded within the brain, which is actually just another transfer of this "light" energy via the neurons.
Interesting interaction of EM and "heat".
So you have this EM traveling rather fast, and in great variation as its effects get passed around the universe, yet it is done so that your circuitry can experience and maintain it for several orbits about the sun.
Surprisingly ordered for so much seemingly random action. Ripples of energy feeling ripples of energy for quite a while.
Yes thatís what I said, you cannot see light

What we see is - the reflected photon energy is converted to electrical energy by the eye which in turn is transmitted by neurones to the relevant part of the brain

http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...

Nothing ordered about it.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#638557 Jul 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I command you to ask the female posters whether they think I am gay ;) They will tell you I am far from it!
(Add a bit of rape + women, ahhh, beautiful)!
.. ever see a cat trying to cover up shit on a living room carpet ??..

#638558 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Dosn't apply to those who have been deemed to be criminally insane. Brady is a psychopathic sadist, he will stay in Broadmoor until he dies the methods of determining his sentence are not within the remit of the Judiciary it is purely a medical asessment.
The likes of Bamber, Vinter and Moore are not insane, they have been deemed fit to stand trial. Now either our justice system is about rehabilitation and societal retraining or it is an instrument of revenge and retribution. It can't be both so the Ministry of Justice needs to come out and say what it is.
Are they saying that men of normal mind can never be rehabilitated? Are we saying once a (convicted)criminal always a criminal? Because if we are then there are something like one tenth of the population who are and ever shall be criminals.
One cannot serve in the metropolitan police if there is a conviction for dishonesty anywhere in your past...however it is somewhat more flexible where convictions for violence are concerned...one can never be rehabilitated for a crime against property but one can be rehabilitated for a crime against the person?
There's a journal article in here somewhere, maybe I'll start writing LOL.
Yes but his recent court appearance was to get his status changed, it failed thank goodness, had it not failedÖ

Multiple and sadistic killing are not the work of a normal mind.

As for the rest, there is a saying that I am sure you are aware of Ė the law is an ass

It has been built up piecemeal over hundreds of years, in some parts contradict other parts, come parts countermand other parts and some parts validate parts that other parts countermand and contradict

It is really any wonder that the average Joe is clueless and needs to place his trust and money in barristers? Who at least make the claim to understand it.

#638559 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some.
If you find a plant growing in the wild and it has been surviving for a while it is likely the conditions are OK for its growth all by its lonesome. Particularly if it drops seeds and they grow year after year, even if they get spread a bit. I think this is how forests, underbrush, grass, and a few other vegetative thingies have spread about the planet.
So you throw the seeds of a plant that survived an area in similar ground in the area. Good chance it will grow, too.
Some Indians of the American Southwest planted corn before they moved to another area for that part of the year and harvested it when they got back. References to that may be in one of those links I posted last night.
Speaking of cultivating and gardening, did I tell you about a cedar tree that used to be at Coral Castle? It had been there for quite a while before a hurricane took it out. About 25-30 foot tall, planted next to a rock wall that was about 8 foot high. The wall ran E-W, and the tree was in the middle of it. Normal budding and pruning below the top of the wall. Above the wall the branches grew only E-W. Looked like a big menorah. No buds or pruning marks.
Very cool. At my old house near Pretoria, I had Canary palms, banana trees, Azaleas, peach trees, all growing wildly. No fertiliser, all taking direct sun. Beauties. Sadly, I traded it for the concrete jungle in 2011.

Anyways. My point. Agriculture is not such an obvious activity to start doing. Hell, gardening is not such an easy thing to do. Even with murseries clse by, a whole host of products to use and expert advice available on the Net, sometimes plants just die. Sometimes, you were stupid, like planting that Fuschia just too close to your Azalea or Gardenia. Other times, for no apparent reason at all, they die.

Some people woild just chuck in a plant and go while it grows, others would pamper it with superphosphate and bonemeal, compost and organic fertiliser, and still the plant would die.

I am sure humankind learnt the connection between seeds and plantgrowth, but their knowledge about the plants themselves were lacking.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638560 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can laugh at a joke, I just donít laugh at threats of christian violence made my sick in the head rednecks.
So your kids would think it funny that you got them in your sites, well that explains a lot about the way you raise them
Oh look daddy is pointing his gun at us, that is so funny.
Ugh

****hypothetical**** gun, to make a joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638561 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...more plausible than one of the myriads of gods out there.
I understand your belief.

#638562 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. Here I must stand."~ Dr Kurt Wise Ph.D.(Harvard), Director of the Truett-McConnell Creation Research Center.
I wouldn't buy a used car from that good christian scientist let alone take anything seriously which he had to say.
I have to ask. A Ph.D in what?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#638563 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes thatís what I said, you cannot see light
What we see is - the reflected photon energy is converted to electrical energy by the eye which in turn is transmitted by neurones to the relevant part of the brain
http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...
Nothing ordered about it.
LOL!

There is if it is the essence of your being. How else will you be alive and react to the environment?

But you do display a fair amount of disorder in your thinking, the reaction to those external excitations of atomic particles by those excitations of atomic particles within your assembled self.

Do you believe you are a magic being or something that transcends those "physical" "realities"?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638564 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://intellihub.com/2013/04/10/increasing-n...
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16215-m...
http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/news/2013/...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/...
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/150417-ast...
The more we look the more we find, sorry if it ruins your day.
But there not only is evidence , there's lots of evidence, and more of it's coming everyday.
Those aren't evidence that a meteor originally seeded life on earth.

Here's the 1st one:

In 2010, Duane P. Snyder announced the discovery of the first and only known Ice Meteorite containing Extraterrestrial Life-forms.
The results, photos and reports where then posted on Snyderís website snydericyrite.com .

If you read the site, you'll see they can't even test it yet, but they've already made the alien proclamation....

Read it.

http://snydericyrite.com/info.html

#638565 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh
****hypothetical**** gun, to make a joke.
Never point a gun to anyone you do not want to shoot. Not even a hypothetical one

Tee hee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 265,387
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 14 min Classic 1,922
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min guest 560,150
Moses never existed 37 min bacon hater 794
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr HipGnosis 44
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 1 hr lcwo i rho 33
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dolphin 441,808
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web