Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638858 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet, my mistake. I thought you were arguing about that, based on DF's post to you.
Woohoo, we've got you to move forward!
You have?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638859 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sake, not saki, you American scum!
(modeled after Return of the Jedi, don't be offended).
What does it take to know about Christianity for someone who grows up in Western - Christian - culture? Hitchens went to Sunday school and attended Oxford University. He has debated with the most brilliant minds in Theology and the most well respected religious scholars in the entire world.
So, forgive me if I trust that he knew something about Christianity and history. If he was an idiot and knew nothing about Christianity, great religious leaders would not argue with him, they would not be worried about his writing - just like Dawkins won't waste his time arguing with Creationists. Creationism isn't science; the opinions of creationists is worthless in science - no reason to argue with those people.
It's saki, for Pete's sake. lol

And.....point taken. I don't mean to say that Hitchens or Dawkins are idiots, just that they aren't trained in the fields they debate.

Unless of course, debating IS their fields...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638860 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't fly me to your place. I'm rubbing the feat of the person who flew me here. And maybe some sexual favors...you never know :p
Rubbing the 'feat' of a person, eh?

That IS an achievement.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638861 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually *replying* to you, not quoting you.
Why are you so insecure?
I'm not insecure, I was just mocking you.

As an umbrella, I thought you'd understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638862 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...this affects the validity of Klingon; How?
Is Klingon not a real language, ole chap?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#638863 Jul 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on top, he said.
I guess that means he has a hairy ass.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just pooped.
Wanna check?
You still have that sexy nurse costume, right?
.. is that who stole it? Thanks RR ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638864 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is not a debate in science. No scientist cares what creationists think about their science. Sorry.
Our debates in science discuss the science in question, not what religious people think of scientific theoretical stances.
Uhm...for example, the great debate between Dawkins and Gould about evolution discussed which level of analysis was most useful, individual or genetic, and the speed at which morphology can change. However, both scientific arguments were fully grounded in evolutionary biology.
Would you agree with Dawkin's answer here:

http://youtu.be/KZFErADIY8E

It's only 2:30, I thought the question (and his answer) were both interesting. Your opinion?

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638865 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Klingon not a real language, ole chap?
It is a contrived and fictional language spoken by fictional characters in fictional storylines, one can certainly be an expert in Klingon and the Star Trek franchise, this would not qualify one to be chief of development at NASA anymore than being an expert in Shakespeare would qualify one to be an authority on 16th century history.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638866 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
If calling scientology a cult can result in arrest then asking where someone goes after they're dead insinuating that hell awaits if they dont comply with invisible sky daddy the adult santa will certainly lead to arrest...
Harassment alarm or distress is my call not the police's....I would certainly have fun, would make an interesting test case to get the freaks off the street.
You seem very bitter and angry towards Christians.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638867 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
From where did those wives materialise old chap?
Do I need to give you the birds and the bees lesson?

*hint* Eve's vagina.

*hint* They didn't poof.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638868 Jul 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on top, he said.
I guess that means he has a hairy ass.
<quoted text>
.. is that who stole it? Thanks RR ..
Just don't ask him to wear it - the thong splits his boys right in two.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#638869 Jul 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Define "drug abuse related costs." I guarantee that "drug abuse related costs" are not limited to treatment centers. In fact, I would bet my bottom dollar that this figure includes things that are exacerbated by the backwards drug war you advocate - increased health costs because of bad drug education, increased health costs because of unsafe drug use, etc. If, for example, we put as much effort into needle exchanges as busting addicts, I'd bet we would see a significant decrease in health complications and therefore costs.
And yes, you can say that it's their fault for using in the first place and that it's not our responsibility to do these things, but that's an unrealistic attitude that ignores pretty much everything we know about drugs.
Just a quick list of some of the things I am assuming went into your "Drug cost" figure.
lost time off work
health care
incarceration
robbery
scams
drug violence
All of which would go away if we regulated the drug trade - this would destroy the black market in one fell swoop. Or do we still have speakeasys? Do people still die from bad batches of alcohol? Learn from history. Prohibition does not work.
Sorry...I just realized I inadvertently misquoted and said in 2007 drug related costs were 468 billion...when the stats were actually from 2005. And yes, the drug related costs did involve other areas besides just treatment centers. That doesn't make the costs any less relevant. Drug related costs are still drug related costs...and for the record...I never once said I advocated the backwards drug war. But, I do advocate adhering to the law. Here...

Most abuse-related spending went toward direct health care costs for lung disease, cirrhosis and overdoses, for example, or for law enforcement expenses including incarceration, according to the report released Thursday by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, a private group at Columbia University. Just over 2 percent of the total went to prevention, treatment and addiction research.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/us/28addict...

Btw...I'm all for regulating the drug trade...write your congressman...not that it will help...but ya never know!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638870 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a contrived and fictional language spoken by fictional characters in fictional storylines, one can certainly be an expert in Klingon and the Star Trek franchise, this would not qualify one to be chief of development at NASA anymore than being an expert in Shakespeare would qualify one to be an authority on 16th century history.
Klingon is as made up and invented as English is.

There are Star Trek nerds that actually teach classes on how to speak it. They've made it into a fully written and spoken language. The 'history' of the language is science fiction, yes. But the language itself is real.

So yes, a person can be an expert in Star Trek and make a real good living at it. Lots have. And NASA sometimes refers to the fiction of Star Trek and makes it reality. You know the "removable/replaceable " bridge idea that is used on modern navy vessels originated in Star Trek? As did the design of the medical bay, communicators, hypospray, universal translators(I have that app) & tricorders(I have that app, too).

Just because one doesn't work at NASA doesn't mean in any way that they're not a genius.

Ashford, UK

#638871 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I need to give you the birds and the bees lesson?
*hint* Eve's vagina.
*hint* They didn't poof.
So they were screwing their mother? Right, and how did Adam feel about this after his wife gave birth to his granddaughters who were in turn impregnated by their siblings? Or Adam fathered girls who were impregnated by their brothers...and christians think homosexuality is wrong? LMFAO

You need a minimum of 160 to 180 people to have enough genetic diversity to maintain a successful population which is free of genetic abnormalities, their children would be something akin to duelling banjos in Hicksville USA and would have been gone in several generations lacking the brainpower to nurse at their mothers breast.

Reallity does seem to scare you doesn't it?

“I speak my mind”

#638872 Jul 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jax area. VERY nice people!
Now you're talking!!! We southerners are pretty awesome!:)

Ashford, UK

#638873 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem very bitter and angry towards Christians.
....and yet when I turn off my computer in 5 minutes I will sleep the sleep of the righteous and not even think of religion/atheism until I log on to topix again. It doesn't actually take any effort or academic study to not believe in something, it's actually quite easy.

The religious of any persuasion are simply entertainment, so no, no bitterness or anger, I just find those with idiotic thought processes to be fascinating.

“I speak my mind”

#638874 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. if you read the lit on abiogenesis research, they've had a number of breakthroughs and are, in fact, the reason we know that organic molecules are ubiquitous in the universe and produced in space.
2. What other possibilities can science look for? Please list them. Or just a single alternative that science can investigate.
1. I've read the research...still don't find it of much significance.

2. I have no idea, but the whole something from nothing idea is just wary to far fetched and there is absolutely no evidence to support the claim.

Ashford, UK

#638875 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
[...]
That's a shame. You won't let your daughter chose because you won't let her even hear about it.
In America, you're posing an empty threat.
You think I can shield my child from religion here?

We have an established church, religious education is compulsory for all children as part of the national curriculum.

However my child who is now 5 said to me, "Daddy how did Mr Noah stop the dinosaurs from eating all of the other animals on the ark ? I don't believe it"...now had I been religious and decided to force her to believe that the story of noahs ark was real and that she would go to hell and burn for all time if she didnt believe it then I'm sure her worldview would be different.

I've heard this philosophy in the US that the mode of religious instruction of children is the purview of the parent. I mean kids are dying in the US because it's the choice of the parent to withold medical treatment in favour of prayer...yet you think it's a shame that I'm not giving my child the choice to hear it...

When did your kids last attend the mosque? I mean it's a shame you're denying them the choice of practising Islam.

“I speak my mind”

#638876 Jul 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
no matter how poor the probability of a material event, it is orders of magnitude greater than the probability that your god belief is accurate.
My God belief isn't based on scientific evidence...there's a considerable difference. If it were, I wouldn't believe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638877 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So they were screwing their mother? Right, and how did Adam feel about this after his wife gave birth to his granddaughters who were in turn impregnated by their siblings? Or Adam fathered girls who were impregnated by their brothers...and christians think homosexuality is wrong? LMFAO
You need a minimum of 160 to 180 people to have enough genetic diversity to maintain a successful population which is free of genetic abnormalities, their children would be something akin to duelling banjos in Hicksville USA and would have been gone in several generations lacking the brainpower to nurse at their mothers breast.
Reallity does seem to scare you doesn't it?
Don't talk about reality after asking if Eve's daughters were fathered by her sons.

You're reality is all f_ckered up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 min RiversideRedneck 113
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Clearwater 88,081
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 14 min Peter Ross 531
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min RADEKT 284,532
topic sex forum gone? 17 min Cookie9904 59
How To Download Facebook and YouTube Videos in HD 21 min Hotty7564 2
Royal Holiday Timeshare Fraud 25 min Rose9858 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 665,281
More from around the web