Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638785 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"There probably is no god." -Dawkins.
Did he ever offer his research for that claim?
Doesn't need to, science is about what you know, not what you wish was true.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#638786 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignored your question so you made up the answer?!
O_o
I didn't say I do or don't have a contractor's license.
Dork.
I really love carpentry.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#638787 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"There probably is no god." -Dawkins.
Did he ever offer his research for that claim?
Yes.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638788 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
A Pre-Christian 'God' on a Cross?
http://stellarhousepublishing.com/prechristia...
Although the tiny Orpheos ornament disappeared during World War II from the Berlin Bode Museum, there exist drawings and photographs of both it and a cast of it made in modern times. In 2001, a line drawing of the artifact was pictured on the cover of Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy’s The Jesus Mysteries, which created a bit of a sensation, as apologists scrambled to debunk the object because of its similarities to supposed "Christian" iconography. Very soon, cries of "forgery!" were ringing out on the internet and beyond, and the integrity of the Jesus Mysteries authors was impugned with fury, for exposing the amulet to the light of day. But were such charges of forgery appropriate and based on a thorough scientific investigation?
"To obtain your copy of A Pre-Christian 'God' on a Cross? you must use a Paypal account to sign up for a monthly subscription for as low as $3."

Huh....

You'd think religion-shattering information like that would be more readily assessable.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#638789 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't label Murdock a conspiracy theorist, but I can understand why a godbot who hasn't yet realized that organized religion is a hoax would come to such a conclusion.
It's irrefutable historical fact that Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality and the biblical Jesus is nothing more than an amalgamated myth.
No one has done more meticulous research in exposing the truth about Christianity than Murdock and your barbaric cult has responded with unconscionable vitriol at an intelligent woman for simply speaking the truth.
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
http://www.amazon.com/Christ-Egypt-The-Horus-...
"At last, the book that proves many of the most important characteristics of the gospel story of Jesus and the Christian religion could be found in ancient Egypt for centuries prior to Christ's alleged advent!"
shes such a meticulous researcher that's why no one will publish her books.

Ashford, UK

#638790 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a little balding spot right where the yamaka would go. It doesn't bother me one bit, go ahead and throw the bald jokes.
I also have no desire to regrow any hair, I feel it adds distinction to a man.
Hey I've shaved my head for 22 years, baldness for me is a choice not an unfortunate genetic accident. My wife loves to shave my head and I wear a wig for work so it's all fabulous.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#638791 Jul 9, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If your country had just flattened the whole place, then the U.S. would be blatantly seen as a tyrant. You will lose allies like flies, and probably start WWIII. Your government is clever. They know how to bluff their allies that cause is oh so noble.
I'd say most of your soldiers are noble and courageous, but misguided. Their noble thoughts and intentions are wasted on your lobby-controlled government.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =akm3nYN8aG8XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I won't argue this one. Still...at the end of the day, the blame should go where it belongs...which is on the terrorists. However, lobby controlled governments need a leg to stand on...and the terrorist definitely give them that. Do you suppose the Soviets were lobby controlled when they went in?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638792 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't share your faith like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic.
When you shut up, we'll shut up.
Do you say the same to gays?

"I don't share your [sexual desires] like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic."

Or like blacks?

"I don't share your [dark skin color] like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic."

Or Asians?

"I don't share your [squinty eyes] like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic."

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#638793 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey me! How was sex last night?
Oh, right, that would be masturbation...
.. we can change all that ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638794 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, what I find amazing is that people like you feel that you can make authoritative proclamations about sciences that you quite clearly don't know the first bit about.
It's like the electrician comes to your place and you tell him "no, it's not the wiring. Could you check the paint?"
I liked your plumber analogy better...

Ashford, UK

#638795 Jul 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.
Busted.
It's not about what they say, it's more about what they don't say...and if you can find something they absolutely won't say, keep picking at it like a scab.

I love cross examination.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#638796 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I really love carpentry.
The nailing or the wood?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638797 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence based hypothesis testing.
Uhm, your religion's mythology rests on what, exactly? The word of goatherders?
"no, guys, I march goats around a mountain. I really am an authority on how life began."
Whatever.
Is that all you think Moses was?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638798 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we've talked to so many pastors.
That's an assumption and you know it. You can only claim to know what a few atheists have actually done, those you've known personally.

Not very scientific of you. Not proud.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638799 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Christian evangelist. 88. Or 91. Something like that.
DF insinuated that you're a 13 year old Venezuelan boy.

(Don't tell Lunger!)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638800 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, hee, hee :)
I thought that was funny, too.

Christine wrote "spoilt child"......

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638801 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I really, really like Hitchens b/c he was a brilliant orator. That doesn't mean he's right about everything (especially my field of expertise). But wow, no one could present an argument like him!
I don't care if you don't believe I'm a scholar. Believe whatever you like. I kind of now wish I hadn't said anything about my profession on here. I once mentioned a conference I was going to, and Dave sent me a list of names attending that conference - one of them mine. Given my focus, what I've discussed on here, it wouldn't be a leap to browse through the presentations and find out who I am.
So, forget!~forget~
I'm really just a super ugly 14 year old with breasts down to her knees with hikikomori and a bedside table of nerugusuri and sake, just waiting to be drunk.
Oh? So you were on that list.

I couldn't match you up with any of them from the persona you put forth on here. There was a wacko that looked like a possibility, but name and professed race/ethnicity didn't match. Not that I would be surprised, what with your screen name.

But it is not worth digging up again. I will just accept you as the Ding a Ling HFY on here we all love so well.

:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638802 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Meteors carry organic molecules. When meteors smash into an oxygenless environment like the early earth, the resulting energy released creates organic molecules.
The only way to back that hypothesis is to first be able to demonstrate that we know for certain what the "early earth" was like 4-5 billion years ago.

Can you do that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638803 Jul 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve as written in the Bible is fiction....
That statement is proven true by the fact that we know modern Homo-sapiens was first recorded in Africa 200,000 years ago.
DNA science backs this by telling us there was never a time in the human genome when Homo-sapiens was down to either 1 or 4 mating couples.
You on no way have demonstrated that Adam & Eve are fictional myths.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638804 Jul 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on top, he said.
I guess that means he has a hairy ass.
I just pooped.

Wanna check?

You still have that sexy nurse costume, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 48,359
REJECT Muslim Refugees in Europe! Send Them Home! (Sep '15) 5 min solidarity 37
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 8 min Tboyslick125 151
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 281,237
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Phooey 646,486
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min Toby 105,564
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,026
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web